Sweet Melody

Immortal Sarang

Just a video I found on YouTube for you JongU fans! ^O^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ZtgawQzNQ


"I'm so nervous!" IU whispered to Hyorin. Hyorin laughed.

"Duh, of course! Gosh, this episode will be so obvious! You're going to totally win!" Hyorin whispered back enviously. IU laughed at Hyorin. No, I won't win, IU thought, 'Cause there are so many better singers than me here.

"Ha, ha, I'm not! It's a good thing that half of the episode is filmed. This is where the real tournament starts," IU smiled.

"Oh, I guess I already arrived in my room. Bye!" Hyorin waved as IU waved back. After Hyorin entered her private room, she sighed as she walked to her own. I wonder how nervous the others are, IU wondered.

I wonder if I'm going to face IU, Yoseob wondered with a sigh, hoping not the battle against the person he admired, If I have to face Jonghyun, that's not problem. But IU? That's going to be a tough one. Oh well! You still have to try your best! Yoseob stared at the T.V screen, as the MC picked up a yellow ball. He started to spin it around so that the sphere would be able to open. Singers gasped, praying and hoping not be picked as the first contestant. 

Yoseob turned his back on the T.V and stood on his knees on the couch, praying not to be picked. Please don't pick me, please don't pick me, PLEASE don't pick me! And please don't let me face IU, Yoseob prayed. IU pressed her ear with her finger, hoping and praying not to be chosen. She still kept a tight smile, as she looked away from the screen and looked at her cordi noona. Jonghyun leaned forwards, covering his face with his hand. Minho, Key, and Onew who came to cheer for Jonghyun, sat next to him and hoped along with Jonghuyn.

Soon, MC revealed the mysterious name. He opened the sphere in half. He extended his arm towards the camera so the audience and the singers could see who was chosen. 

It was no other than Jonghyun.

Key, Onew, and Minho laughed and clapped their hands as Jonghyun sighed deeply. Of all the contestants, it had to be me? Jonghyun thought. Suddenly, he held his head up high happily, Se Kyung, support me! ^^

Jonghyun lazily got up, as he walked out the halls. Minho followed behind him, patting his shoulders and telling to him calm down and don't get nervous. Jonghyun ignored what Minho was saying, since he was so nervous.

"Jonghyun hwaiting!" IU whispered, barely audible. 

"Wait… if Jonghyun is going first, he'll probably impress IU first! AISH! I wanna go first now!" Yoseob whined quietly.

Jonghyun took a deep breath, as he got on his seat to sing. He stared at the crowd, noticing that there were lots of people. He was really nervous. Here goes nothing, Jonghyun! Jonghyun thought, taking the microphone in his hand. Yoseob stared at the T.V screen with a straight face. After the music cued, Jonghyun stared singing.

During the song, Jonghyun's nervousness faded. IU's heart suddenly pounded faster, as he cheeks flushed red. Oh my gosh… he's so good at singing! IU thought, staring at the screen. She kept her lips closed tightly, and stared at the screen with wide, soft eyes. Am I good enough to perform against him? she wondered.

After Jonghyun was done singing, he bowed and quickly left the stage. Nervousness crept back into the singer's spines. Who was going to be chosen next? 

"The next singer is…" the MC started, opening the ball ever so slightly, "Yesung!" IU sighed in relief. Suddenly, she had the urge to call Jonghyun. What am I thinking? I can't call Jonghyun-ssi! I barely even know him, IU thought, scolding herself.


Couple of minutes later…

In a blink of an eye, so many things happened so fast. All IU noticed was that Yesung was chosen, he sang a song, and between Yesung and Jonghyun, Jonghyun had won. When did all this happened? IU wondered.

Jonghyun was clearly relieved and shocked that he had one. When he went backstage, he started tearing up. I won… I can't believe I won! I… I… I actually won against Yesung! Jonghyun thought with glee. 

"The next contestant is…" The MC held up the ball, turning it slowly. IU held her breath, wondering if it was going to be her. Yet, at the same time, she somehow knew it would be her. The MC held up half the ball, revealing the name. IU giggled a bit.

"IU-ssi!" the MC announced.

"It's me, it's me," IU repeated, getting up. She started to sing a bit as she tested her vocal cords while her cordi unnie fluffed IU's hair a bit. I'm going against Jonghyun, the guy I admire! IU thought, shocked at the thought all of the sudden.

I'm going against IU, my rival in this tournament. Great! I'm totally sure to lose, Jonghyun thought, sighing. Key, Onew, and Minho surrounded Jonghyun.

"Hey, Jjong, you did well," Minho praised.

"After this, let's go celebrate with chicken!" Onew said excitedly.

"I can't wait to see IU's performance. I haven't seen her in a while," Key exclaimed. Oh, yeah, that's right. Key came to see IU, too, Jonghyun remembered, slightly feeling jealous, Why am I jealous about Key seeing IU? I'm not in love with Key, right?… No, it's the other way around. Why am I jealous about IU seeing Key? I'm not in love with IU, right?… Right?

Suddenly, Jonghyun had second thoughts as IU cleared . She was already on stage, ready to prove the audience that she was going to kick off the best performance she had ever done. She raised her microphone on the bottom of her lips, taking a deep breath and began to sing. 

Jonghyun was mesmerized. It was so… so sweet. Her voice blended along with the song, expressing every bit of her emotion. He couldn't help but admit how sweet and cute IU was like everyone thought of her. Suddenly, Jonghyun's cheeks began to turn red as his heart pounded faster than lightning and louder than thunder. Minho patted Jonghyun's shoulder.

"Don't worry, we're all hoping that you'll win against IU," Minho assured.

"Actually, I'm hoping for IU to win. I want to see a battle between her and Hyorin," Key smirked. That's not what I'm worried about, guys, Jonghyun thought, I'm worried that I fell in love with IU-ssi… Right now, and right here.