Chapter 5

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

Day Five

 

 

Note: In this particular chapter, Seohyun’s thoughts are BOLD. Sehun’s thoughts are ITALIC.

Seohyun had been beaten by her mother hilariously that next morning when Wufan and Yixing turned up, grinning about how drunk Seohyun had become two nights before. Her mother was holding a wooden spoon in her hand, waving it about in front of them.

"I'll never allow her to go to yours again, Mr Wufan!" Her mother yelled at them.

"Mam, mam, I'm sorry!" Wufan continuously bowed whilst dodging the wooden spoon. Seohyun stood there giggling behind her hand watching with adrenaline. It was always hilarious watching her mother and Wufan fight.

"Wu Kris Yifan you are definitely not sorry!" Her mother screamed, whacking his hand hard. "I'll teach you to get Seohyun drunk! I'll teach you to lie!" She roared at Wufan whose laughter became louder and louder.

"I won't do it again man!" Wufan cried out, running from her hits outside the house.

"You better not!" She threw the spoon at Wufan's feet. "Seohyun," she spun around to face Seohyun who jumped with fright. I'm not letting you out again!" She warned. She turned to Wufan and noticed Yixing. "I expected more from you, Yixing."

"...S-sorry..." Yixing awkwardly shuffled around, looking down at his feet. Seohyun moved over to Wufan and the three friends exchanged witty glances...

...And the trio ran off. Seohyun was giggling at her mother but she found it extremely annoying that they had told her mother about her getting drunk. On the way to school, they made a stop at Minseok's house. Minseok immediately appeared at the door and left it wide open.

"So, Kyungsoo's back today!" Minseok beamed brightly. He was extremely jumpy that morning. Kyungsoo was his unidentical twin brother who had travelled abroad to study English for a month in America. No one else had been accepted to go. Kyungsoo was talented in English so it was expected. Minseok, on the other hand, was more of a mathematician and a physicist. 

"Really!? Already!" Seohyun clapped in excitement. She was closest to Kyungsoo. He was the most down-to-earth whereas Wufan was suffering from the Prince syndrome, Yixing suffered from dopiness and secretivity and Minseok was the hyperactive child in a nineteen year old’s body. Minseok nodded as Kyungsoo ran out quickly with a happy yet tired smile.

"Anyone missed the mighty Kyungsoo?" He smiled at everyone before turning to Seohyun. "...I missed you!" He teased before hugging her tightly in a warm embrace that fulfilled the missed hugs. Wufan and Yixing snickered whilst Minseok had stars in his eyes and it seemed that he was in another universe. Everyone became quickly acquainted and they all headed for school happily.

"So, have I missed anything important?" Kyungsoo asked curiously, linking his arm with her. Seohyun bit her lip and looked sheepishly at Wufan who took no notice. She then winked at Kyungsoo and mouthed, 'I'll tell you later'. Kyungsoo silently agreed.

"You missed my food, right?" Minseok answered back.

"No one likes your food." Yixing pointed out sourly. Minseok was taken aback and paused in front of him.

"You said you loved my cooking!" Minseok glared at the starry-eyed dude.

"I lied." Yixing pouted with a raised eyebrow.

"My cooking is the best!" Minseok cried out as everyone walked off without him.

"Does he never shut up?" Wufan asked in Chinese. Seohyun chuckled and slapped Wufan softly on his face.

"You guys," Kyungsoo suddenly stopped in front of the other three. "will you stop speaking in Chinese?! You know I don't understand!" Kyungsoo scrunched his face and walked ahead of them.

"These twins are cranky." Seohyun sighed staring at the guy marching off ahead and glanced behind to see the other, stroppy twin. She felt at ease, knowing nothing between her friends had changed.

 

***

 

It was break and Kyungsoo had to run away from everyone to meet Seohyun behind the school's bike shed. He approached it slowly and carefully hoping no one else was there... doing... things...

The wind went through his hair and he felt euphoric, relieved to be back in his home country. He felt far more relaxed and at peace. Away from his family and his friends was a lonely, nasty experience. He shuddered at the month he spent away. 

"Oppa~" Seohyun's voice whispered urgently. Kyungsoo snapped out of his imagination and looked around for Seohyun. She was urging him forward behind some trees. He rolled his eyes at her spy act and walked over casually.

"I don't understand why we have to meet here. But anyway, what's going on?" He asked her with a tilted head.

"Me and Wufan made a bet. And because this is something no one else should know!" She began with a unimpressed voice. Before she continued, she looked around suspiciously as though someone was there.

Unbeknownst to either of them, someone else was listening very carefully, hidden behind a bush only a metre away. He was crouched down low listening carefully, a master of disguise.

Seohyun was satisfied that no one was around so she continued after scanning over the nearby area with her eyes.

"I had 10 days to make Sehun fall for me otherwise... well, doesn't matter but I have to." She explained quietly. Kyungsoo didn't even feel surprised. It wasn't the first time Seohyun and Wufan had made a bet. "It's already been 5 days. This is the 5th day. I have to win." She looked at him seriously. "Kyung, I have to win." She repeated, holding onto his hands tightly.

"Otherwise, what?" Kyungsoo smirked at her. She bit her lip and shook her head to decline from answering. She had never revealed her secret before and by chance Wufan had already found out. Kyungsoo simply nodded and checked his watch with a look of concern. "We're late for class. Let's go." He urged her forward and she grinned gratefully before walking ahead.

Little did they know that Tao came out from the bush, looking extremely confused. He pouted and stepped forward after them. He was the school's friendless guy: the loner. He always came to the same area every day at lunch and break- the trees and bushes away from everyone else. He would use the time to call his family back in China where he'd usually burst into tears. His parents sent him over alone to learn Korean and live a life of his own without them. He especially missed his grandparents who were strongly against him leaving.

He was intrigued about what they were on about and had no clue as to what they had actually said. He simply heard Sehun’s name and smiled. He wanted to be loved and wanted friends in his school. By the way the two friends were speaking, it seemed Seohyun liked Sehun. He wanted to help her. Luckily he had a lesson with Sehun in Dance. With a bright, charismatic smile, he walked ahead feeling excited to finally help some people out. The only small problem in his mind was the strong feelings for her that he struggled to ignore. He wanted to make her happy even if she didn’t know him.

 

***

 

The Dance class were in the middle of the routine when they finally had a pause. Sehun leaned against a radiator and was breathing heavily. Tao had a bottle of water and hadn’t opened it because he wanted to give it to Sehun. Even though he was a ‘Royal’, he frequently came to class without a single drop of water. So, as Sehun was alone and Jongin was flirting with Yuri, Tao took the chance to hand him the bottle and talk to him.

“Thanks.” Sehun said sourly, downing the water as fast as he could. He released it from his lips and took a deep breath. He looked at Tao with uninviting eyes. Tao tried his best to brush off the gloomy feeling.

“You dance really well!” Tao said in broken Korean. Sehun didn’t even acknowledge his speech. He simply took another sip of his bottle and yawned a little. The only common decency that expelled from him was the gesture of covering his mouth when he yawned. Otherwise he was just an arrogant prat. Yet Tao wasn’t one to easily give up.

“Do you like the water?” He asked politely. Sehun grunted softly and stared at Tao curiously wondering what was wrong with his head.

“Are you gay?” Sehun joked back with a sly grin. Tao was taken aback mentally but physically he decided to put up with it and laughed a little. He needed to be chilled and full of smiles otherwise Sehun would continue to pointlessly mock him. If he seemed like an easy-going dude, maybe he’d be accepted better.

“The Hell I am!” Tao smirked back, knowing how to react passionately in Korean. Sehun actually let out some form of laughter. Tao knew this was his leeway to bring in his newly found information about Seohyun. “Anyway I know something about you that you might want to know…” Tao continued, drawing Sehun’s attention. Sehun raised his eyebrows humorously. Tao had practiced the sentence at least one hundred times in his head whilst dancing.

“Oh really?” He smiled. His eyes were not fitting his expression at all. They were darker. “Tell me.” He pretty much commanded Tao passively, almost defensively. Tao felt relief overcome him. Sehun didn’t ignore him; thankfully, he was interested.

“That girl likes you.” Tao grinned at him. Sehun’s shoulders immediately relaxed and a satisfied smirk returned to his face.

“Of course. Every girl likes me.” Sehun pointed out without a hint of over-exaggeration in his voice. If anything he seemed annoyingly genuine.

“So no girl surprises you?” Tao asked with rage appearing at the corner of his words. Sehun just nodded matter-of-factly with a high air of pure, concentrated arrogance.  “Not Yoona?” He decided to add names. Sehun shook his head with the same face. “Or even Yuri or maybe Victoria?” Tao added, eyeing them both at the other side of the studio. Sehun shrugged at him. Then Tao added the final name. “Not even Seohyun?”

“Why?” Sehun added in the most bored, uninterested voice Tao had ever heard.

“Because Seohyun's mine.” Tao responded bluntly.

“Why?” Sehun smirked with dead eyes, repeating the same word with the same voice. He was agitating Tao beyond relief.

“Because I like her. You don't like her? She can be all mine?” Tao finally asked with embarrassment, looking down at his feet, his Korean becoming less fluent and more broken.

“Be my guest.” Sehun shrugged but before walking away he looked Tao in the eyes. “But I doubt she’ll stop liking me. It’s hard for girls you know, when someone this hot is walking around.” He smirked and his lips before joining Jongin.

Tao stared at Sehun in complete disbelief. Was he really this much of a jerk? Even for a boy this was uncalled for and definitely the most annoying act any boy of the same age could do. Tao was completely mystified at the other’s actions. He didn’t realise anyone could be so self-centred and pathetic. He even felt angry at himself for even asking Sehun for permission like a dog. He felt disgusted in himself. Yet at least he knew that Sehun didn’t like Seohyun so he could ask her out without worrying about his reaction.

 

***

 

Tao walked straight towards Seohyun’s table at lunch time and sat down awkwardly. He smiled at them and expected them to stand up and leave. To his surprise, everyone greeted him pleasantly. He knew Wufan and Yixing were both Chinese and was glad that Minseok and Kyungsoo were welcoming. Seohyun herself greeted him in Chinese. They sat together on the table for a good ten minutes before Tao decided to act.

“Seohyun-ssi” Tao called her out and ushered her outwards. She came out willingly and the two walked away.

From a distance, Sehun took notice and mysteriously, he needed to go to the men's room. He left his friends quickly and sped off. Was Tao really going to take her out? If his friends found out, they would say his bet was off and that he lost. He'd owe them money. He needed to intercept them. Even Seohyun herself seemed to like him, so he decided to intervene.

“What?” Seohyun asked in Korean as the pair reached the corridor by the front exit. She stared at Tao with a light smile. He had a smirk on his face and held her against a wall.

“Seohyun-ssi, do you have someone that you like?” He asked her in Chinese, acting cool. She went pink in the face and stared up at him. He was towering over her and was moving quickly towards her face, but far enough to still be considered comfortable.

“Maybe, but why are you asking?” She asked with a small grin. She timidly looked away. She didn’t want to say no or yes. She had to think of her bet. If she went out with Tao she would lose the bet and Wufan would blab to everyone.

“I want to be with you.” Tao’s eyes sparkled brightly. Seohyun flushed redder than ever. He went in closer and closer, making Seohyun panic more and more…

“Seohyun-ah, don’t forget our date.” Sehun’s voice suddenly warned from behind, almost like an alarm buzzing in Tao's ears. He pulled her away from Tao and suddenly hugged her with a fake smile. Tao stepped back, startled. He was stunned into silence by Sehun’s unusual words.

“D-date?!” Tao cried out in complete confusion. He stared at Seohyun who stayed under Sehun’s embrace like she was a doll under a spell.

“Why?” Sehun glared at Tao after grabbing Seohyun’s hand and raising it into the air. “Is it obvious now?” He spat out. “I’m dating her.” Sehun’s eyes widened in a moronic way, intimidating Tao.

“’Be my guest’ that’s what you said.” Tao retaliated. He then looked straight at Seohyun. “He said that you’re just another girl! That every girl fancies him! Are you okay with dating a person like that, huh? If you date me I’ll treat you perfectly! I can be handsome, too. Seohyun I’ve liked you since I first saw you and it might be abrupt but please, consider me.” Tao exclaimed in Chinese, his eyes watering slightly at the outrage that Sehun was a liar, a sly dog who seemed to get whatever he wanted.

Seohyun’s heart was breaking just thinking about saying the words she did. Tao liked her. If it was her way, if this bet hadn’t been made, she would have happily gone on a date with Tao to see how it would have gone. To see if anything sparked between the two. But the situation stopped her. Although it was selfish and horrible, she couldn’t allow her secret to go out. No matter what happened, no matter the obstacle she couldn’t let it out. She had to push Tao far back with an almighty push.

“Of course I like him even if I’m just another girl! I’m just glad he’s paying me attention! I want him to pay me attention even if he uses me! You’ll never be perfect like Sehun! Tao, you’re pathetic!” Seohyun yelled at him in Chinese.

“B-but I thought you were different! Not just another stupid bimbo! I thought--”

“Well, you thought wrong. So go, leave. You’re just a loner.” She added painfully, trying to ensure he would not interfere. “Who wants to be with a loner? Acting all cool!? You’re just a geek! A nerd! A nobody!” Seohyun finished.

Tao stared at her in disbelief and stormed off straight out of the building. Seohyun heard him mutter swear words under his breath. She felt Sehun release his hand and chuckle brightly.

“Well done Seohyun! Don’t know what you said, but, hey, that’s great!” He grinned at her. She gulped and forced her guilty tears back and nodded. “But don’t talk to me in school. Okay?” He didn’t wait for her answer. He just swaggered back into the main hall where everyone else was. Seohyun didn’t even fake a smile or anything. She walked in the opposite direction and looked out to see Tao. With no one nearby, she burst into tears and walked out into the open. He had already disappeared.

Outside, she sat down against the wall, her view hidden by the main doors and sobbed at her rude, hurtful, inconsiderate actions. She never wanted to say that to Tao. She didn’t want to be such a mean person but she had to be selfish. She thought Tao was cool and refreshing. She thought his Korean accent was adorable. She thought he was a better man compared to Sehun, even if Sehun shaped up a million times over. She hated the bet more than anything. But she couldn’t lose. It was killing her.

 

***

 

She left her house at 5pm, leaving a note for her mother who would arrive by 6pm. The note read ‘Going to study, at Wufan’s. Do not disturb me, please’. In this way, she knew her mother wouldn’t bother her even though earlier that day her mother had forbidden her from going to his. Her mother was easy to forgive and forget.

She brought her mobile with her too. She sighed and text Wufan for advice. The two text each other in a quick conversation:

 

-Wufan, what can I do today? -.-

Freak-Queen Seoboo ;) push him away keke

What do you mean?? :@

Scare him ^.^ Be a bimbo ♥.♥ Be obsessive o.O This is too easy for you ;)

But that’s not fair ;_;

If you don’t, I’ll tell everyone yoo ;))

Ok okkk you bastardddd >____<

Oh, why were you crying today? T_T

Crying? I wasn’t crying o.o

Don’t lie, I saw your puffy eyes '-_-

Oh I wasn’t crying! I ate rice *-*

if you don’t wanna tell me, fine -__-

Aish fine. Basically, Tao asked me out and Sehun came so I was rude to Tao and he was so angry... TT___TT

That’s it? You weakling. '-_-

BASTARD! ¬.¬ Anyway, I’m near Sehun's!! >.<

Nice. Clear these messages incase he sees. Be a *-* ♥♥

Aissshhhhh okkk. Love you♥ talk later x.x

Love you too xxxxx

 

She deleted the text messages and approached his house timidly. Except she realised that it didn’t belong to Sehun. When she reached the edge of their property, a man came out of his 7-seater car that she hadn’t noticed. She remembered the man’s name easily. Kim Joonmyun. He was Jongin’s older brother in the year above who studied in the city rather than at their prestigious school. She had seen him once or twice when he picked Jongin up in the very same car on occasions. She tried to hide from his view but he spotted her.

“Hello, are you here for Jongin?” He asked curiously, his eyebrows raised high. Seohyun couldn’t even think. She stared at him and blinked. He just smirked a dirty Jongin-like smirk and walked over. “Ah he finally dumped that other girl Yuri and got a better, classier girl I see. Not another .” He seemed to be complimenting her. It didn’t sound very nice.

“No, she’s my friend.” Sehun’s voice answered the wavering silence from behind them, standing at the door with a baseball cap on. He looked rather chic yet common. Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Luhan appeared at the door behind him. Seohyun gulped as Joonmyun stared at her, dumbfounded.

“That’s my brother.” Jongin said flatly with his nose stuck high in the air. Joonmyun nodded and bowed at her slowly. She returned the favour with a perfect 90° bow. As they were formally greeting each other the five boys filled the pavement and sat into the car. Seohyun gulped as Joonmyun went into the front seat. Sehun sat at the back. Jongin sat next to his brother. Luhan, Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat in the middle.

“Get in already.” Sehun rolled his eyes. Seohyun was shaking in embarrassment at this point, completely taken aback. So this ‘date’ was going to be with his friends? She sat in with all her strength forcing her too. She kept reminding herself of the bet. Added to the bet she had to be rude. She sighed and collapsed into the seat and put her belt on.

The journey remained awkward for her. Everyone else was on about how much they loved baseball and Seohyun didn’t know anything apart from the fact it was an American game. She preferred soccer or basketball.

It took a mere 20 minutes to get into Seoul properly, outside the game stadium. As Joonmyun told everyone to exit and everyone stood outside the gates with their special passes, Sehun pulled Seohyun away to a side.

“Let’s eat first. I’m hungry.” He said simply. She nodded as he pulled Luhan, his best friend, with him. Luhan walked with them with a large smirk on his face. Sehun sat the two down at the small restaurant that was in the stadium. There were only ten seats in total. He went off to order food. The awkward silence between Luhan and Seohyun began… until…

“Seohyun, why do you speak Chinese?” Luhan asked curiously. He stared at her with cat eyes. She felt unnerved. The real reason could not be revealed no matter what.

“My mother taught it to me.” She smiled, lying through her gritted teeth. He just nodded and accepted the reason.

“Do you really like Sehun?” He randomly asked her out of the blue, catching her off guard. Seohyun gulped and choked on nothing. He waited for her to stop. She just went red and her lungs practically exploded with coughs. Finally, and regretfully, she had to answer.

NO. “Yes.” She lied again. I hate him. “I like him very much.” She continued to emphasis her point well. Luhan just looked extremely amused at her. He was about to say something but Sehun arrived with ddobbaki and coke. He had even bought chips and chocolate buns. He passed the buns to Seohyun and the chips to Luhan.

“Let’s go.” Sehun said coldly moving towards the VIP area. Seohyun trailed behind the pair, eating one of the four small buns. They tasted perfectly great. She could have eaten them all easily but she remembered what Wufan had text her earlier. She had to push him away.

“Sehun-ssi!” Seohyun suddenly burst into fake tears. He spun around, startled, and stared at her. He was about to ask her if she was okay but she just yelled at him. “You’re so mean!” She sobbed at him. Luhan was also baffled at her sudden change in mood. She suddenly shoved the chocolate buns at him and wept even more. “You want me to get fat?” She suddenly changed to angry. Sehun shook his head alongside Luhan.

“No, Seohyun, I---” he attempted to speak but she yelled at him.

“This boy!” She spat at him, some of the chocolate bun spraying in his face, causing some passer-by’s to look over at them attentively. “This wants me to be fat! He finds me unattractive, don’t you?” She pointed at him and then suddenly began crying hysterically, wiping her nose dramatically. “He doesn’t even let me call him Oppa!” She wept at the staring crowd, suddenly falling to the floor pathetically. What am I even doing anymore?

“You can call me Oppa! I think you’re attractive!” Sehun panicked at her reaction as the crowd around seemed angrily taken-aback. Luhan was holding his laughter in hard. It seemed Sehun was going to lose the bet.

“Oppa! Oppa! Tell me I’m beautiful! TELL ME OPPA!” She roared at him, pulling back the buns from Sehun’s hands, stuffing them into , taking huge unattractive bites. Sehun went white. She wanted to cry and stab Wufan in the eyes with darts and laugh like a psycho. The crowd stared at Sehun, waiting for his answer, pressuring him more and more.

“You’re beautiful…” He said quietly. Seohyun shrieked louder under the chocolate that muffled her voice.

“I CAN’T HEAR YOU OPPA!” She sobbed at him insanely.

“SEOHYUN YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!” He yelled at her with his ashen face. Seohyun suddenly passed him back the buns and wiped her tears. She simply strutted ahead angrily leaving Luhan laughing as loud as he possibly could and Sehun startled and embarrassed beyond any words of description.

“What did I do?!” Sehun asked Luhan with a panic-stricken face as everyone around them was glaring at Sehun.

"What a bastard." One said, glaring straight into his eyes.

"!" A woman cursed at him.

“Tut tut.” Luhan left Sehun to the bait of the mad crowd. He found it the most entertaining crap ever. Without the bet, Sehun would have just yelled abusive words at Seohyun and just left her there crying. He would have been harsh. But he was wrapped around her little finger.

Seohyun, on the other hand, was super surprised that Sehun hadn’t been the normal douche bag he was. He actually listened to her. He said the words she never dreamed he would say. She felt really chuffed. Perhaps he really did like her.

 

***

 

Sehun and Seohyun were sat away from the others. In fact, they were a room apart. They had a room to themselves.  fruit laid on a table for them with a stupendous chocolate fountain standing boldly alongside them. The seats were made from leather and were extremely comfortable. Seohyun didn’t want to leave. Yet sadly she had to act the complete opposite way as though it was a rubbish place.

“Sehun, this place .” She growled at him, pointing at everything. The view they had was perfect but she had to act. He just exhaled, exhausted.

“You don’t like it?” He asked her, his eyes slit into hateful marbles.

“No.” She pouted and stared at the view as the game began. “This game .” She said the moment it began. Sehun was just staring at her in disbelief.

“Let it warm up… it just began.” He deflated into the sofa wishing this wasn’t happening. He had to make her his girlfriend. The way she was acting, it seemed she would leave him today. He had to treat her as best as he could.

“I could bat better than that.” She sighed as the batter sent the ball flying flawlessly. Sehun just groaned silently with his hand covering his face. He just allowed her to bad mouth every last thing that happened. For 45 minutes straight she dissed as much as she could, humiliating Sehun to the core with every additional word. At half time she smiled at Sehun. Bet you wanna walk out. I’m not gonna let you…

“You hate this game, let’s go.” Sehun stood up slowly, making his steady way to the glass door. Then Seohyun’s words pierced through his ears.

“Oppa, look!” She bellowed, pointing down at the game. Sehun dashed over and stared down to see cheerleaders strut their stuff with y dances using their ever-popular pompoms.

“Nice.” Sehun let the word slip. Oh Sehun, you wait and see what’s coming to you. You’re making this too easy for me.

“Oppa! You’re looking at other girls! How could you?! Don’t you like me? Are you that evil?” Seohyun screeched at the very top of her voice, deafening Sehun. The silence straight after left a tense ringing in both of their ears. Sehun stared at her in shock.

But then her act was cut short as three security guards speeded in and dragged the two of them out forcibly. They punched Sehun in the stomach hard and left him on the floor begging for air. Seohyun shrieked as she watched them force her away.

“Did he attack you? The sound sensors set our silent alarm off.” One of the guards explained as they whisked her away to ‘safety’. She could feel guilt spread through her body as she could hear Sehun’s roars of disbelief far from her.

“N-no…” She said slowly. . “I-I saw a spider… and he tried to kill it… and it ran off… and… and…” Oh my God. What is this!? I don't know what to do! She burst into fake tears and struggled to fight the guards as she pried herself from their grip and ran forward. They didn’t stop her. They just walked after her.

She saw Sehun in a heap on the floor, his hair messy, his clothes creased from fighting and his face red from a punch on his lip. Blood was coming out. The guards released him to the floor and he stood up and glared at her. They left the couple to it, with embarrassment. As he continued to glare with a bloody face, Seohyun felt her heart race at his now-handsome face.

She’s always fancied a guy with scars and bruises. A manly guy who fights like a beast. She found it so attractive, more than anything in the world. She had once seen Tao fight in a controlled match and he received a few scars. He looked so y. So seeing Sehun on the floor like that was a complete turn on. She couldn’t help it. It was her weak point. She couldn’t help herself. He looked beautiful. She wanted him. All of her attraction was down at him.

He was also, sadly, beyond angry. A further turn on for Seohyun. His jawline shone out like a golden statue. His bulging eyes were like bright moons. His sticking out veins were shining out to her like diamonds from his neck. The twitching muscles made her want to hold him in her arms. He was beyond beautiful. She wanted him right there and then so bad.

“You’re so dead.” Sehun breathed up at her. She stared down at him with her heart beating faster each moment. His eyes connecting with hers was too much for her to handle. She didn’t know how to act without smiling. Damn why do I have to be attracted to people like this? She had to be apologetic; that much she knew.

“I’m so sorry.” She bowed down at him, 180° fully. Whilst she stayed painfully low, Sehun’s mind was ticking like a bomb. He was fighting himself. The bet. The money, think of the money! But she’s a freak! But the money! Think of the money… But can I handle this crazy lunatic? Sure you can, think of that hot kiss. NO! I don’t like her. You do. You’d kiss her again man. No! Yes! NO! THE DAMN BET!

As his thoughts made him even angrier, he stood up and pulled her against the wall, holding her there with a cold glare. Seohyun blinked at him. His gloriously chiselled arms on either side of her held her tightly. Their chests were millimetres apart and she could hear his heart banging in the cage of his ribs. His eyes were looming darkly into hers.

She felt electricity trickle down her spine slowly, tingling every single sense in her body. She felt more than alive. She was in ecstasy; in the best euphoria she could have ever imagined. His body heat warmed hers up like a burning fire. The tension in the air made her want to moan out with lustful desires. She didn’t even notice herself bite her lip, staring back at him with fearful, watery eyes.

Sehun couldn’t stand her biting those full, perfect, luscious lips. Her bright brown eyes were staring up at him innocently like a prey caught by its predator. He could feel her body radiating heat and could hear her chest racing within her like a fluttering bird. He wanted to press his lips hard against hers and wrap his arms around her wanting body. He wanted to do everything he could possibly imagine. But it wasn’t right. They both knew it. They both thought of their bets. That it wouldn’t last. That these feelings were completely superficial.

“Let’s get out of here.” Sehun ordered coldly, pulling away. He walked off with a quick pace leaving Seohyun sweating with relief. She gulped and breathed out, realising that she had been holding her breath tightly. She had been so absorbed in Sehun’s eyes that she didn’t realise her knees were weak and she felt as though she could crumple to the floor and turn into nothingness. She felt more than surreal.

 

***

 

They had been outside for about two hours, wondering around, ignoring the situation beforehand. The tower bell in the middle of the city went off to say it was 7pm. They both had left the stadium and Seohyun had managed to let her phone die as she didn’t charge it and Sehun had stupidly left his in the car. To top off their luck they didn’t have enough money to train it home. They had been walking back to the stadium and headed to where Joonmyun had parked his car to realise it was gone.

“This is your entire fault you stupid girl.” Sehun tried to compose himself with a deep sigh. Seohyun felt a pang of guilt as though he had slapped her face harder than her mother had done.

“I’m sorry.” She had been continuously apologising for the last two hours since they left. She thought back to it timidly until she realised it had been his idea to leave the stadium. A jolt of electricity went through her, giving her strength and energy to retaliate and put up a fight. “Oppa! You’re the one who wanted to leave! It’s your fault, not mine!” She hit his arm hard, her eyes like a snake’s two slits.

“My fault?! How is this MY fault?!” He spat at her with disbelief. “If you hadn’t acted like a stupid bimbo then we wouldn’t be in this mess!” He bellowed back at her sending lasers through her body.

She was taken aback by his words. She was everything but a bimbo. “A BIMBO??” She shrieked at him. “Yah! Who do you think you are?!” She roared, hitting him harder and harder.

“Don’t touch me, who do you think you are, touching me like that?!” He growled back at her, his eyes darker than ever.

“Who’s the idiot who invited me here?” Seohyun retaliated back with a smirk on her face. She could win this argument and with all her power invested in her, she would.

“Who’s the dumb bimbo who turned up?” He tilted his head at her, giving a dirty smirk back. He felt satisfied and happy with his comment back.

“Don’t call me a dumb bimbo! You have no rights you dirty ert!” She swore at him venomously. He was really pushing her to her limits. Her veins were pulsing with adrenaline, ready to attack him with a bite.

“You can really talk! Don’t call me a dirty ert.” He stuck his chin up in the air like a self-important, pompous jerk. Seohyun was getting angrier by the second and her mind went numb. She could no longer think of anything else to say to the stubborn boy. With a last ‘hmph’, she walked straight ahead as fast as she could.

Sehun shrugged and stayed behind, keeping her in his sight. He scoffed and rolled his eyes as his angry thoughts rolled around uncomfortably in his head, wanting to be roared out at the top of his voice.

Then the unexpected, unimaginable thing happened. Probably the worst scenario Sehun could have thought of.

Seohyun didn’t see it coming. Three hooded men approached her from the side and dragged her into a side-alleyway in the blink of Sehun’s eyes. He blinked once more and stared at the empty, slim road ahead of him. He thought she was playing a practical joke on him to pay him back. But then he heard her blood-curdling scream of agony. He lost it.

Dashing up with heavy steps and his eyes sharp, Sehun reached the front of the alleyway. He listened carefully with wolf-like hearing and stared into it hard. He heard footsteps and the sound of heels being scrapped across the rocky, paved floor. Without any further thoughts, he stepped into the alleyway and rolled up his sleeves and rubbed the scab from his lips.

“Seohyun.” His cold voice echoed through the alleyway. He could tell, using knowledge from physic lessons that the end of the alleyway ended with a wall that reflected his voice. That ruled out the option that it was an open alleyway leading to another road. This would make it easier for him as they must have reached a dead-end. He continued forward like a snake.

As he took each step silently and carefully, he could faintly hear Seohyun’s muffled cries of help. He felt his body tremor in pure rage as he stepped once more and heard the sound of a whoosh as a fist aimed at his head. He leaned his head back, concentrating hard as he jumped back up and used his knee to knock into his attacker’s chest. He heard them wheeze and in the next millisecond, he whacked his elbow into the man’s face. They fell to the floor with a groan of pain. Before they could recover and move, Sehun made his last, fatal move. He stamped his foot onto where their leg would have been if he saw it until he heard a click of a bone meaning he had been extremely accurate. Whoever was on the floor was shrieking in absolute agony. Sehun bent down and felt for his face and held it hard in his grip.

“Who are you?” He asked with an almost muted whisper. The man spat into Sehun’s face. Sehun rolled his eyes and punched the guy to the floor. Then he immediately felt for his pockets until he found a wallet. He put it into his own jeans pocket and continued forward, stepping extremely lightly.

“Byunghun?” A voice called out uncertainly. Sehun could hear Seohyun’s continued muffled cries and then he heard an unmistakable hit. Seohyun’s muffles stopped. Sehun then cracked. He raced forward blindly and pushed his hard fist forward. Luckily it correctly slammed it into someone’s face and he heard another body drop to the floor. He reacted by dragging the body behind him, knowing by its touch that it was Seohyun’s.

“You stupid kid!” A voice roared out, banging into Sehun’s body hard. The air left his lungs and he almost fell back onto Seohyun. Instantaneously he blindly reached his hand forward and clutched the body’s arms.

Seohyun herself came to quickly with her rock-solid head that was throbbing a little. She heard the struggling between Sehun and the man so quickly felt around for a weapon. Fortunately she felt a small drain pipe and lifted it up.

“Sehun duck!” She warned before swinging it around with force, knocking it into someone’s head with a loud clang. The person slumped down onto the ground and made no further noise. In the same moment, Sehun dragged Seohyun’s arm, held it tight and then pulled her forcibly out into the main road on the other side. Outside, Seohyun noticed more scratches to his body but before she could say anything, Sehun slammed her against the wall once more.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” He exploded at her. She suddenly felt terrible and felt hot, salty tears roll down her face. “YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN KILLED! Taken far away! Turned into A E!” He roared at her anxious face. People who passed by didn’t get themselves involved.  He was beyond mad. “IMAGINE, SEOHYUN, IMAGINE IF I HADN’T BEEN HERE. YOU’D BE DEAD, YOU KNOW! OR WORSE! TAKEN AS A PRISONER!" His eyes were bulging bigger than ever and the veins were popping out explosively. “You’re an IDIOT! ACTING SO SELF-RIGHTEOUS! AN EASY PREY! UNCARING OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!” He paused as she looked into his eyes like an apologetic puppy, crying hysterically without even a small sound or breath.

Then he calmed down. He took a large deep breath and stepped back. She slumped down to the ground and crumpled into a heap. He looked into the sky and listened to his heart. He wasn’t mad. He wasn’t angry. He was petrified. Terrified. Beyond worried. He couldn’t believe it happened to her. He couldn’t believe that she had even been hit. He allowed her to be taken right in front of him. He couldn’t even protect her. He didn’t stop it. For the first time, he felt low about himself. He felt like a loser, a nobody. He ran his hand through his hair and stared down at her, feeling a need to protect her overcome him. He bent down and her hair and wiped her tears before embracing her tightly in his arms.

“It’s okay.” He whispered as she wrapped her arms around him and wept into his shoulder. “You’re safe now.” He continued, leaning his head on hers. “I’m sorry I yelled at you.” He apologised. Her body was shaking due to her strong sobs. “Ssh, I’m here, I’m here.” He said repeatedly, taking her hand. He pulled her up and moved his arm around her shoulder. They walked ahead together slowly until they found a coffee shop and entered. He checked the other man’s wallet and found enough money to buy the most expensive drinks and go on the train with two first-class tickets. For the rest of the night, Sehun took care of Seohyun and held her hand tightly wherever they went. He ordered a cab to take them both home. He threw away the rest of the wallet.

What Sehun didn't know was that Seohyun knew exactly why she was targeted.

 

***

 

Dear Diary.

Today was terrible. I was attacked and Sehun saved me, diary-san. I… don’t know what to think of him anymore. I’m becoming so confused now. Am I experiencing real feelings or is this part of the bet? Am I putting this on? I can’t tell anymore. I just wish my life wasn’t this complicated. This stupid damned secret. This stupid bet. I’m just glad I’m home. I do miss… them, now. Now that I was attacked, I miss them more than ever, but it had to happen. It had to, I had to go and leave it all behind. I wish I didn’t do it but... There was no other choice. I wish I didn’t. I wish I was stronger. Wufan is an evil jerk. A nasty bastard. I hate him. (Okay even when I’m this upset I still love Wufan… lucky )

 

Seohyun.


Sorry my edits are taking forever, but holidays have begun so... expect all the edits to be done and the new chapters published within this next week ^-^ ... and honestly, this is personally my current favourite chapter :P