Chapter 2

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

Day Two

 

Seohyun was pacing back and forth in front of a park gate where Sehun had told her to wait. Seohyun nervously checked her watch. It was 11am and she had successfully skipped school without her mom being notified. She had text Wufan to say she wouldn't be in. None of her other friends knew where she was- and they had sent messages to her asking her where she was at. She didn't reply. She thought it would be best to leave them hanging.

"Meet me at 11am tomorrow at Rose Park" Sehun had said yesterday on the bench at lunch. Seohyun had nodded with a hint of hesitation but she tried her best to be enthusiastic. Realistically, she had prayed that a piano fell from the sky and squished her instead.

He was late. Seohyun checked her watch again impatiently to see that ten minutes had passed. She was on the verge of leaving when she remembered the deal with Wufan. She took out her mobile to text him.

Then her mind burst into flames at the idea of writing in her diary that she did not have a mobile phone. That was undeniably wrong and stupid! Of course she had a mobile. The thing was- she did not want Sehun to have her number because after the kiss she would not want any contact with him. Her plans obviously had too many loop holes in them.

She burst into loud, manly laughter, holding the rails of the gate to keep herself steady. The idea of her tired mind and her stupidity made her almost pee herself with humiliated laughter. She couldn't stop laughing even when tears left her eyes and she had to cross her legs over to stop any wee from escaping. Her small body was crumbling to the floor whilst she laughed like a maniac.

Sehun was standing a few metres away watching Seohyun with a horrified, mortified expression on his normally emotionless face. He noticed that she was holding a phone and whilst laughing she dropped it which made her break out even more, her laughter scaring off the hawks from the trees. She was like a mental patient. He felt like disappearing, wishing he never made the bet. He didn't want to give his friends 400000 won each.  So, with gritted teeth and a fake smile, he approached her, tapping her back gently.

"OH MY GOD" Seohyun suddenly slapped his face hard sending him flying across the floor, startled and horrified. Sehun was absolutely pissed to the point of murder. If it wasn't for the bet, he would have killed her right there.

"Ah Seohyun..." Sehun stood up after brushing himself off. He forced himself to keep calm and composed. He smiled at her before ruffling his own hair. "I'm sorry I scared you..." He lied. He wasn't sorry. He was sorry she wasn't a dead, squashed bug. He wanted her head on a platter and wanted to present it to his friends- he could imagine it. "SEE SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND NOW AREN'T YOU?" He could see himself shouting at her head whilst she was dead.

"It's okay Oppa." Seohyun replied with an awkward smile. She reached down to pick up her dropped phone but he had it in his hands… with a frown.

“No mobile, hm?” He asked her sarcastically. If it wasn’t for the bet, he would have broken it and then said “NOW YOU DON’T HAVE A PHONE AHAHAH”before destroying it under the force of his angry foot, shattering it to pieces…

“Um…” Seohyun blushed. She was wondering how he was possibly talking to her after seeing her hysterically laughing like a crazy moron. Yet she decided it would be much better to not say anything about it unless he did. Her priority was cooking up a plan about the mobile.

“Well?” He asked impatiently. He honestly wanted to throw the phone hard and far and just wanted to make her cry for lying to him so openly. He was not pleased.

“I actually forgot I had this phone!” She grinned at him with a false smile. In her mind, she thought of her diary. She had literally convinced herself that she didn’t have a phone. Before breaking into laughter, she had to bite her lip and chill.

To her surprise, Sehun smiled in a cute manner before typing in his number and then calling his phone. She stared awkwardly unable to stop the damned boy from taking her number. She had to get him to like her not hate her. On his side, he really didn’t want to forgive her or let this slide. It angered him. He hated liars and people who just made silly excuses. Yet in order to win the bet he continued with a smile.

“It’s okay now. At least I have it now I guess.” Sehun’s emotionless eyes stared at Seohyun. He didn’t even want to bring up her insane moment. All he had to do was get her to be his girlfriend and that was it. That was all he wanted. Nothing more or less.

“Hm.” Seohyun eye-smiled. In dreamland, she was stabbing his eyes out before slicing him up in the most brutal way possible. He was annoying- his eyes looming without really looking was annoying. The way he stood with such a good posture was annoying. She just wanted to hit his face. He looked high maintenance and up-himself- the kind of guy who probably held a lot of self-importance. Even without the rest of the ‘Royals’ he stood out like a sore thumb- a boy who looked far too elegant to be around normal streets. He looked odd. She just didn’t like him.

“I wanted to go for a picnic today but well, I guess we should get to know each other yes?” Sehun offered with a tasteless smile. Seohyun bit her lip and forced herself to nod and agree without words. He nodded and ushered Seohyun into the black gates of the Rose Park.

“Yes Oppa.” Seohyun decided it was best to reply so she could simmer the awkwardness away.

“Can you not call me Oppa?” Sehun stared at her, realising he was being cold. He couldn’t be cold. He had to get her to fall for him. Fall in love... not hate him even more- though he doubted anyone could hate such a handsome person.

“Alright!” She smiled at him.

Sehun smirked as he walked ahead wordlessly. She was listening to him like a puppet- a measly dog he could manipulate. He continued smirking. He assumed it would be easier than he first thought. It seemed all girls were the same- hopeless.

“Ah Sehun, I have to ask something.” Seohyun paused as Sehun spun around. They were both stationary, staring at the other curiously.

“Ask, then.” Sehun liked the idea that he gave her permission to speak. Maybe having her as a girlfriend wasn’t such a bad thing.

“Yesterday, when I asked if you had a girlfriend why didn’t you answer?” Seohyun asked with fake innocence, batting her eyelids in the most ladylike way possible. Sehun’s face went pink. “In fact,” she continued, making Sehun crazier by the millisecond, “…why did you ignore me yesterday morning? What changed your mind?” She continued asking hiding a smirk on her face. She was trying to be innocent and not evil- minded.

Sehun was on the verge of exploding. He didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t easily answer that. He knew he had to quickly think without making himself feel like an idiot.

“I… wanted to ask you out in front of everyone and when you came up to me…” He lied through gritted teeth, “I was in shock that you came to me first, really.” He continued blabbing false words. “I wanted to be the one who talked to you first, so I was a little … frustrated.” He thought this sounded like the best way to answer the question.

He was right. Seohyun blushed scarlet. Somehow she could not believe that he was being legitimate. She had to lie to get him to fall for her. This did seem far too easy already. He already seemed to like her although she found it hard to fathom.

“I’m so glad, because Luhan was right” she lied with a falsely sweet voice. “I do like you.” She admitted although she really didn’t want to be in this situation. This was literally her worst nightmare.

“Why?” Sehun was genuinely asking. Since this was a bet, he wanted to know exactly what girls saw in him.

“Um…” Seohyun’s eyes widened. She didn’t want his head to explode due to his ego. That would just aggravate her. “I’m not going to tell you.” She smiled at him. She wanted to keep him on the edge. She already had done what was too much- admitted to liking him. Now she had to keep him interested.

“Oh. Well, do you want to hear what I like about you?” He smirked at her. Seohyun stared at him in the most rigid way possible, her eyes cold and her emotions puzzled beyond acceptance.

“Um…” She looked away awkwardly. Did he really actually like her? For real? He just admitted it to her. She didn’t even need to try. This was… too shocking for her.

“I’m not telling you.” He smirked at her before walking ahead. Seohyun silently growled and walked after him. He was playing around with her. He was flirting.

“So, Sehun! What did you have plan---” she was silenced by the sight in front of her. Right under the park’s most beautiful rose bush was a laid out picnic area. A cute blanket covered in chalky colours was covered in a woven basket full of fruit, food and a bottle of wine lay next to it with two wine glasses standing next to it. There was a bouquet of hand-picked pink roses connected by a silky, white ribbon. There was a tree behind the rose bush that stood majestically. It was truly beautiful.

“What?” Sehun joked, looking at Seohyun’s spell bounded face. His friends had helped him two hours earlier to set this all up. They told him it would definitely please her without any doubts. He smirked again because his friends were completely right. To please a girl was far too easy.

“Y-you did this?” Seohyun asked with a stutter, completely mortified. Sehun took pleasure in seeing her this way.

“Yes. You like it?” He asked as he held her hand and brought her over. She stood over the basket and looked inside, completely startled. There was so much food, enough to give to everyone in their classes. It looked high quality, too. She was speechless.

“I really do… but why go to all this trouble?” Seohyun was feeling more than surreal. This was far more than she bargained for. For starters, she hated the whole romantic-cliché thing. It really made her want to vomit. If she decided that Wufan could exploit her secret, she would have said something completely different. Yet she wasn’t willing. She had to play along although it sickened her.

“It’s my first date with a girl.” Sehun honestly replied. Seohyun suppressed a giggle that threatened to escape her lips.

“That’s cute.” she replied, almost slipping out the word ‘PATHETIC’. Sehun smiled at her, genuinely feeling warm. He didn’t notice the sarcasm slipping helplessly through her voice without her even noticing.

“Yeah. Hungry?” He sat down and automatically Seohyun sat next to him. She looked up at the sky. It was unusually bright. She looked at her watch and noticed it was already 12. She was amazed that an hour had already passed so quickly. “Well?” Sehun pressed; quite annoyed she was staring at the skies above indifferently.

“Yeah…” She answered absent-mindedly. Sehun rolled his eyes as he took out a decorated, plastic plate and piled on BBQ chicken. He handed her the plate and she took it gratefully whilst looking away from him.

“Um, here, chopsticks.” He awkwardly handed her some and she once again took the cutlery from him but this time she glanced at him with a nervous expression. Sehun turned away and grinned at how stupid the situation was.

“Opp--- Sehun-ssi, mhmm, this tastes great!” Seohyun smiled. She was completely lying. The food tasted over-cooked and processed. Sehun nodded back as a thank-you before piling his own plate. He took his own chopsticks and took a bite before instantly gagging and throwing the plastic plate across the grass.

“Great?! I beg to differ!” Sehun stood up, gagging. Seohyun looked at the mess he made and back at the baby having a tantrum. “That was horrible. I can’t cook! What is this? I should leave it to the professionals!” He continued, grabbing a bottle of water from the basket and swallowing most of the contents with a few huge gulps.

“Sehun-ssi you shouldn’t litter.” Seohyun placed her plate to her side before reaching for the mess he had made. With a sharp glare at him, she picked up his food. “It may be tasteless but food is food. You should be respectful and gracious that you even have food. And now you’re destroying mother-nature,” she said, pointing at the saucy mess on the floor “She never asked for you to damage her!” Seohyun continued, uncaring of the bet. She was a true naturalist and loved the Earth. She hated those who littered the most.

Sehun, on the other hand, couldn’t care any less about the earth. He was aggravated by her attitude and felt very offended that she was lecturing him.

“People get paid to clean this mess.” Sehun pointed out, coldly. He reached for the rest of the BBQ chicken in the basket and then it to the floor with a fast move. “Isn’t this good for them? They’re getting paid…” He was rudely cut off.

“No. They’re not paid!” Seohyun scoffed, picking up the chicken pieces. “People like myself actually pick the rubbish up from scoundrels like you voluntarily” she yelled at him with disgust. Sehun actually turned pink.

“Well, go ahead! I’m keeping you busy!” He bellowed back. With a deep breath he picked up the basket. The wine bottle leaning against it dropped to the side against the two glasses.

“Don’t you dare, SEHUN!” Seohyun shrieked as Sehun threw the basket straight into the roses with a daring face without remorse.

“Go clean it!” Sehun ordered, barking almost like a dog. Seohyun had reached her limit. She wordlessly marched straight up to him and with a hard glare, she slapped his face extremely forcibly, shocking Sehun out of his mind.

“You deserved that.” Seohyun muttered as she reached for the rose bush. She pulled out the basket and placed it back on the blanket before bursting into tears at him.

Sehun was numb. She had slapped him twice that day so far. He had never been slapped before either. He could not believe her actions. For some reason he didn’t feel as mad. He felt oddly calm. He spun back around with a guilty face and saw her crying. He felt the remorse sink in and consume him in that moment. He had done a terrible thing already- making Seohyun cry when he had to do the complete opposite. She had to fall in love with him. This was not helping. Sehun breathed deeply and re-evaluated his actions. He had to make her happy at the end of the day.

He turned back around at the mess he made earlier. With a gulp and with great hesitation, he bent down and picked up the scattered pieces of meat although he really didn’t want to. Wordlessly, the two cleaned his mess- placing the rubbish in the nearby wastebin- until they both sat down on the blanket: finished.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun said quietly, breaking the intense silence. Seohyun wiped her angry tears and grunted before picking up her plate, eating it slowly. “Seohyun I’m really sorry.” He continued, trying to sound honest and regretful.

Seohyun turned to him and shook her head, still angry and shocked at him.

“You’re lying.” She stated defiantly. She turned back to her food and tearfully continued eating. Sehun sighed feeling hopeless. He awkwardly reached for the wine which was now in the basket and grabbed the two glasses. Without her permission he poured her a cup.

“Here.” He handed it to her. Seohyun took it but didn’t look at him. She was still mad but now softer. Her glares weren’t as solid and frightening. Sehun was startled. This was the first time he took a girl’s confrontation seriously. It was also the first time a girl raised her hand at him. He had been through plenty of fights with other girls yet never felt so bad about anything until this day.

“I really am sorry for being stupid.” Sehun blurted out awkwardly, rubbing his free hand over his head. “I’ll never repeat that but I mean it. What I did was wrong and I’ll never upset you again.” Sehun decided that, although it was probably worse, he would use this time to make her fall for him. “I’ll make you happy from now on.” He continued, trying his hardest to sound legitimate and honest.

“Hmph.” Seohyun took a sip of her wine and looked at him, staring into his eyes. She did not predict this would happen. If anything, she assumed that he would hate her for life. She really thought she lost against Wufan but this gave her hope. As much as she hated him at that moment, she really wanted to win the deal.

“Let’s be good friends?” Sehun offered, tilting his head at her, showing her some actual aeygo that made her want to vomit all over his stupid face.

“Okay.” Seohyun smiled at him whilst thinking to herself ‘WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING-HOW-AM-I-DOING-THIS??!?!’. Sehun breathed out in relief and the two of them drank their wine in silence.

After small, pointless conversations, the two finally packed things up. Sehun told Seohyun to leave everything there- that someone would collect it later. Seohyun shrugged it off coolly after leaving everything in an orderly pile.

They were walking side by side, heading out towards the near countryside. Sehun knew of a small lake they could relax by together.

“Have you come to the lake here?” He asked her curiously. Seohyun shook her head.

“No, I’ve actually never known there was one.” She replied shortly, staring ahead. The breeze travelling through her hair looked majestic and pretty. Sehun shrugged it off. She didn’t look as hot as other girls he had seen- take Yoona for example. She was the girl that wanted to be with him even at his grave. Although she was odd, she was extraordinarily beautiful.

“Oh. Well, it’s a really nice spot to visit! How have you never gone before? Parents never took you?” He continued questioning her. Seohyun smiled before looking down sadly.

“Yeah, that’s right.” She continued. Eager to change the subject, she chuckled. “I’ve been to the beach down south though. That’s truly beautiful!” She eyesmiled. He grinned back at her, nodding in agreement.

“The beach- ah yes. One of the most cleanest places I have been. Even I wouldn’t litter there.” He added jokingly. Seohyun raised her eyebrow at him but laughed it off. It was getting awkward.

“Oh look.” Sehun looked ahead at the lake. It was surrounded with sandy areas and grass with ducks and swans sitting around elegantly. Some elderly people were sitting on the benches feeding the birds lovingly. The two walked towards the lake in the most awkward silence ever.

 

***

 

DEAR DIARY!!!!!

GYAAAHHHHHHH TODAY HAS KILLED ME! It’s 9pm and I’m home now. Oh Gosh. I’LL SKIP TO THE LAKE PART. Actually wait. Yes. We went to the park first. WE ARGUED OVER LITTERING. The punk litters like a ! And Oh my GOSH. I was literally terrified that I’d lose to dang Wufannnn. BUT NO! Sehun actually apologised! I KNOW! HE DID! LIKE, WHOA, THE PRINCE SEHUN ACTUALLY APOLOGISED! Unbelieavle.  Unbelievable. Anyway Diary-san we went to the pretty lake and we threw rocks and fed the friggin’ swans. ONE CHASED SEHUN!!!! GYAAHAHAHA IT WAS SO FUNNY OMO I’M CRYING. Whoa. Yes. It bit him and he actually screamed LIKE A GIRL! Oh my goodness. Seeing the GREAT PRINCE SEHUN like that… I’m actually delihgtedelighted I witnessed his girly side. HIL-HAIR-REE-OUS. Then after that he told me he was happy to spend the day with me. LIKE, WHAT A LIE. I don't understand how he's being sweet with me. Does he actually like me?! I'm literally shocked. SO. SO. SHOCKED. So yeah. Tomorrow I’m back to school. Dunno what to tell the girls----- OMO OMO HE JUST TEXT ME!!! Yeah so he got my number and yes, I do have a mobile. Just read the message. He just said, “Don’t talk to me tomorrow” LIKE SERIOUSLY?! WHAT? WHAT? I need to rage. Okay bye Diary. Gonna make a voodoo doll and kill his .

Lots of sugar love

Seohyunnie~~~

p.s I MADE LESS MISTAKES YAYAYAYAYA

 

***

 

Dear Diary,

It is a fine Tuesday, May 2013. 

This is scrutinizing. I've never written a diary before and it seems there's a first time for everything. I feel as though this diary will be marked by the penalising teachers. Imagine that. Anyway, Luhan the demonic friend has begged me to write this so we can peer at it later and laugh. I have till next Wednesday to make Seohyun my girlfriend and it's probably going to be hilariously easy. She definitely fancies me. There is no shadow of a doubt inside of me. It's glaringly obvious. Getting mad at me, giggling and flicking her hair carelessly. Perhaps I should add that it's pretty interesting. At least I'm not hilariously bored. That's all. Day 2 is completed. 8 more to go.

Prince Oh Sehun ;)


Comment.... Heheheh THANKS!!! ^.^