Chapter 1

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

~Day One~

 

 

Seohyun woke up to a steady breeze flowing through her room hoarding the smell of what seemed to be pancakes drizzled in butter, chocolate, syrup, cinnamon and bacon. Scrunching her nose, she sat up, dazed, and stretched before stumbling out of her bed almost falling onto the floor. Her slippers were underneath the bed and and she slipped them on before strolling to her on-suite to brush her teeth. She had to rub her eyes hard to wake herself up, splashing ice-cold water onto her face, followed by going into the shower that was at the most perfect temperature. Before long she stepped out back into her room, anewed, wearing a simple, loose top and a pair of skinnys. She checked the time, panicked, and ran down stairs at full speed, her phone in her. Miraculously Wufan had text her at the same time. With a cold smirk, she opened it, expecting exactly what she read.

Hyunnie,

It's day one of your mission...

You'd better not fail.

;) xxx

She scoffed and shook her head at the text before reaching her kitchen where her mom shook her head back at her.

"Late! Late again! And all that makeup, Seohyun! Do you really need it? You'll spoil your skin. Now eat and hurry because you're going to be very late." Her mother began nagging instantly, her voice raising higher and higher, louder and louder. Seohyun rolled her eyes and sat down as her mom passed her plate over. Her food was cold.

"I'm not wearing that much, Mom." Seohyun sighed. "Just let me eat." She began swallowing the food at a man's pace, realising how hungry she had been. Her appetite had been up and down for ages. She blamed her hormones.

"Okay, fine. Sorry." Her mother replied as though her voice was deflating. Seohyun was too tired to deal with her mother's sad words. She had something else more terrifying to worry about. Much, much more terrifying.

She finished her food immediately and headed straight out, taking a pair of black wedges for her feet and her bike. She went to college, cycling as fast as she could knowing Sehun was going to be there early as usual, Sehun, the cold guy she didn't care much about... normally. She had spent the previous week watching him carefully even though she really didn't want to. He left his house at precisely 7.45am on Mondays and Thursdays. All other days were at 8am. It seemed he had an earlier start on those specific days.

She trailed down the long, dusty, old road and hid behind a corner, waiting for him to exit his grand mansion, unlike her own beautiful home. She looked at her watch. It was 7.44am. He would be coming out very, very soon. With her heart beating with anticipation, she stared ahead until someone tapped her back causing her to spin around and jump at Sehun's unamused face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked unemotionally, staring at her with the most unimportant looking eyes she had ever seen. His eyes sunk into her soul comfortably and easily, making her whole life feel meaningless.

"I-I... I..." Seohyun blinked at him, unable to spit out any other words as though he had stolen her speech, too. felt tight and blocked. He rolled his eyes and walked ahead of her as though he simply had spoken to a tree and decided it was futile to try and talk to it. Seohyun blinked once more at what had happened and slowly she got onto her bike and rode next to him wordlessly. He took no notice of her like she was nothing but a breeze.

"H-hey Sehun-ssi..." She began. Sehun had no reaction to her voice what-so-ever. "S-Sehun-ssi" She tried again. This time there was a reaction. Not the right kind though, as Seohyun experienced. He just walked faster with his heavy bag on his back, getting away from her, looking at the time on his watch as though he was late. Seohyun sweatdropped as she pouted, trying to talk to him. "Ah... Sehun-ssi...!" She began again, calling from behind. He stopped abruptly making Seohyun press her breaks. She consequently fell off her bike in a heap.

Sehun didn't even turn to look at her or even examine the noise. Seohyun wasn't even sure if he heard her fall to the ground and scream loudly intentionally, failing to capture his attention. She watched in anguish and disappointment as he continued ahead, his backpack staring at her instead, its buckles looking like eyes, it's drooping base looking like a frown as though it felt sorry for her. Seohyun cursed the bag in her mind and her eyes moved to the other person who had appeared from behind another home. She felt her face frown as she recognised the boy.

"Sehun!" His friend, no other than Luhan- an exchange student- called brightly, walking to Sehun with his chin up. Sehun actually cracked a smile as he reached his friend. Luhan looked towards Seohyun with raised eyebrows. "Shouldn't you help her out?" He asked almost sarcastically.

Seohyun awkwardly stood up and walked over, bringing her bike too. She bowed down at the two of them with a fake smile.

"Um... Hi... I'm Seohyun... Ah Sehun-ssi..." She couldn't think of anything to say after those awkward, awkward words. The two boys blinked at the same time with the exact same bored expression. She blushed scarlet, thinking that she wanted to be swallowed by preferably a black hole.

"Let's head to school." Sehun muttered, turning away from Seohyun. Luhan nodded exstatically with a cold smirk towards Seohyun. Seohyun raised her eyebrows as the pair shamelessly walked away. It infuriated her.

"You're both EVIL!" Seohyun yelled at them. The two didn't even turn towards her. She cracked fingers before she marched up to them. "You're both so rude! Can't you both be friendly with other people?!" She spat out at them childishly, her finger absently going through her hair. Sehun tilted his head to a side, looking at Seohyun with unflinching eyes as he began walking over to her.

"You." Sehun said without any kind of emotion apparant. "You are annoying." He shrugged bluntly before walking away again. Seohyun shrunk into a tiny little plant and it felt as though Sehun just trod on her and flattened her to the ground. She was burning up and her face was red.

"I-I..." Her words were stuck in .

"Maybe she likes you." Luhan suddenly suggested, whispering into Sehun's ear as they gracely strolled ahead.

"NO!" Seohyun squealed out far louder than she expected. She put her hand over and felt like disappearing as they turned towards her, paying their full attention. She wanted to gurge Wufan's eyes out.

Sehun raised both of his eyebrows at her, with a look that said "Hey! Inferior dog, you shut your mouth! Useless mutt!". Clearly, he was unimpressed.

"I want to talk to you!" Seohyun barely made out. Sehun had no change of expression for a moment. Luhan's eyes began sparkling. Then Sehun's face burst into a massive smirk, his eyes undressing her. Though, that's what she thought, feeling y with her tight clothes. He, however, shook his head at her.

"Really? You want to talk? I think you're incapable of speech!" He sarcastically remarked with his own self-satisfaction. Seohyun wanted to die there and then to save her from embarrassment of going against the most

"N-no, I can... speak." Seohyun forced herself to stand by her words as stupid as they sounded. Of course she could speak and of course they knew she could speak well.

Sehun and Luhan burst into laughter and cheerfully, the two walked away again leaving Seohyun completely startled and confused. Ahead, she watched them continue casually without any care for her. Seohyun growled and grabbed her bike before trailing over behind them slowly. It was going to be tough. Extremely tough.

She watched a group of girls ahead approach Sehun. Her mind then realised that Sehun wasn't an ordinary guy in their school. He received love letters almost daily from girls in every year- older or younger. Every girl seemed to fancy Sehun. His friend, Luhan, made girls fangirl and some even dropped to the floor. Her mind clicked together. These two were players. Her mission would be much harder than she thought but she had no choice but to try her best... even though the word "FUTILE" was screaming at her.

One of the girls went over to him and handed him a love letter. In return, Sehun grabbed the letter aggressively and tore it apart to miniture pieces before stamping on the paper with a loud, evil laugh that seemed to echo throughout the ages.

"This has no idea how to treat women! YOU STUPID DOUCHE BAG! YOU MAKE ME SICK! I HATE YOU SEHUN-AH!" Seohyun yelled in Chinese expecting that no one could understand. Then her brain began working normally again and she realised Luhan understood every word as he looked at her with a shocked expression. Her existence had deflated by 90%.

"Dumb dog..." Luhan mouthed back to her. Sehun took no notice as he continued to mortify the girls in front of him.

"God please forgive me! God you know me so please forgive my bad mouthing!" She yelled in the most unladylike way... In Japanese- so no one could understand. However, this time Sehun was staring at her with a colder expression, one of his eyebrows raised. Then, much to Seohyun's insane frustration, he turned back to the girls and continued tormenting them, ripping apart lots of their love letter and pushing the girls who confessed to his face. Luhan himself was stuck tending to fangirls.

She rolled her eyes and cycled along till she was next to Sehun. She then turned to the girls who stood teary eyed, looking dumbfounded and pathetic.

"Girls, stop being so pathetic!" She yelled at them. They blanked her completely. Sehun shot her a millisecond's worth of an icy glare. Seohyun rolled up her sleeves and moved Sehun aside knowing that touching their 'Oppa' would get their attention. "Girls! You're not gonna win over this guy!" She stated matter-of-factly. The girls exploded into fits of rage, lurching towards her. Luckily she got onto her bike on time and zoomed away leaving Sehun and Luhan to tend to the girls.

 

 

***

 

At the front of the school, she noticed her evil best friend, a.k.a. Wufan sitting with his henchmen Yixing and Minseok. She locked her bike, lifted her bag to her shoulders and awkwardly walked over to the three menaces with a fake grin.

“Yo!” She smiled at them. She was trying to be pleasant but it seemed they noticed she was being foul.

“We can see right through you.” Minseok yawned as he spotted Sunny and Hyoyeon drifting over with bright smiles. Sooyoung was trailing behind them, holding her boyfriend’s arm- the university student Siwon. Seohyun followed his line of sight and with relief she waved happily towards her friends before turning back to Wufan.

“You’re a moron!” She cursed in Chinese at Wufan. Yixing chuckled at her comment and Minseok had no idea what she had said. Wufan smirked at her.

“Oh really?” He teased, poking her forehead. Seohyun scowled at him before glaring at Yixing.

“Why are you friends with him?! Why not the other exchange students? Like Luhan or Tao…?” Seohyun asked, still using Chinese. Minseok got bored of not understanding their words so he drifted away to other friends.

“Well Tao’s weird and Luhan’s too… high maintenance to be friends with. Just because we’re Chinese doesn’t mean we’re going to be friends.” Yixing pointed out with a long sigh. Seohyun pouted and nodded childishly before Sunny approached from behind.

“Hey Hyunnie!” She giggled at Seohyun. Seohyun hugged the two of them loosely. Siwon and Sooyoung parted from each other. Siwon left the grounds and Sooyoung walked over finally.

“How's everyone?” Seohyun asked nonchalantly. Behind her, Wufan and Yixing sneaked away, winking at the three oblivious girls. Seohyun didn’t notice them slyly disappear.

“We’re all good…” Hyoyeon answered on their behalf. Seohyun chuckled and the four of them headed towards the school building when they heard someone yell Seohyun’s name behind them.

“Yah SEOHYUN-AH!” Jongin’s unmistakable voice roared out. Seohyun gulped before turning around to see Sehun, Luhan, Jongin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun- the ‘Princes’. Their ‘Princesses’, Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Yuri and Yoona were standing aside them, too.

Ah- Seohyun had forgotten her main obstacle. Sehun’s ‘girlfriend’ was Yoona, Luhan was with Jessica, Jongin was with Yuri, Chanyeol and Tiffany were together and obviously this left Baekhyun and Taeyeon together. They weren’t even definite couples apart from Tiffany and Chanyeol. Those five girls would never let any other girl anywhere near Sehun, even though he even admitted to Yoona he'd never date her.

So, anyway, they were marching towards Seohyun and this meant trouble. Crowds of people began forming. For moral support, Wufan, Yixing and Minseok stood behind Seohyun. Everyone suddenly became tense as the ‘Royal’ group approached slowly and calmly with dirty smirks on their satisfied faces.

“What’s up?” Seohyun smiled at them behind gritted, angry teeth.

“I heard you were trying to hit on Sehunnie…” Yoona glared daggers at Seohyun. “Well?” She waited for Seohyun’s response.

Seohyun wanted to destroy Wufan to pieces. Rip him apart. Flesh from flesh. Finger from hand. Toe by toe.

“This is just perfect. Absolutely perfect…” Seohyun muttered in Chinese.

“She just said she loves Sehun and wants to hold his babies.” Luhan translated with an amused, evil smirk slapped across his face. It was as if those words and his expression fit together. Nope. In her eyes he looked ridiculous.

“No s-she didn’t! Says, this perfect, very is perfect… .” Tao’s voice piped in from the crowd, trailing from boomingly loud to as silent as the wind on a calm spring day. Everyone turned towards the weird looking Chinese exchange student who stood tall amongst the crowd like an outcast.

“What do you know?” Luhan asked, eyeing Tao up and down. Seohyun turned to Wufan and Yixing desperately who both shrugged and watched the events unfold with amused expressions.

“I’m Chinese…” Tao said with a heavy Chinese accent. Luhan pouted and looked down at the floor, giving up quietly.

“Eurgh…” Yoona chirped up again. She walked against Seohyun till their foreheads were centimetres apart. “You keep away from my boyfriend.” She warned with angry, fierce eyes. Seohyun couldn’t help but scoff.

“Really? Boyfriend. That’s rich.” Seohyun said with a -on-it expression. The ‘Princesses’ gasped out at Seohyun’s retaliation.

“Excuse me?” Yoona’s eyes widened with frustration.

“Sehun, do you have a girlfriend?” Seohyun ignored Yoona and stared at Sehun with her hand on her hip. He was emotionless as usual. His eyes were colder and more unamused. He looked like a zombie. A handsome zombie at that. His friends were all chuckling quietly with the girls glaring intensely at Seohyun.

“Let’s go.” Sehun finally spoke up to the 'Royals'. He nudged Seohyun away as he made his way towards the school’s main building. Everyone followed although Yoona moaned and let out a cry of humiliation. The crowd scattered apart from Tao who seemed pleased that there was a pretty Chinese-speaking Korean girl.

Wufan suddenly dragged Seohyun away from everyone and he shook his head at her.

“You better not talk to him for the rest of today! You ! Day one is literally over you know. You’re going to lose and everyone is going to know that---” Seohyun covered Wufan’s mouth with a sense of urgency. She glared at him.

“You said if I lose I just merely have to pretend to be a lesbian for a month!” Seohyun complained. Wufan shook his head and his lips.

“Nah, I changed my mind about the rules.” He smirked at her. “If you lose, I will tell everyone- regardless.” He chortled before walking away leaving Seohyun growling and silently screaming out with abhorance.

“THIS DAY ISN’T OVER YET WUFAN!” She roared at him. He shook his head as he continued on his way. “I’ll prove it to you. I’ll win! I promise I’ll win and make Sehun fall for me…!” Seohyun whispered to herself.

 

***

 

Sehun, Jongin, Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol skipped their first lesson and spent it on the rooftop. They were all bored, staring blankly across the view of the boring town. They were nowhere near the capital of Korea. They were far West, near the coast in a small yet rich town. There was nothing to do unless they drove to Seoul but no one could be bothered.

“We need to do something.” Baekhyun yawned as he lay down against the floor, looking up at the bright, morning sky. Chanyeol nodded as he lay beside Baekhyun.

“Like what?” Jongin scoffed. “There’s nothing to do around here.” He complained. Everyone muttered in agreement. Luhan was silent.

“We all need girlfriends.” Baekhyun continued. “Someone we can play around with. Like you, Chanyeol…” He teased, tapping his friend’s torso.

“She’s not just someone I play around with.” Chanyeol defensively replied before laughing. “She’s my toy. My doll. I control what we do.” He smirked, his lips. Everyone shook their heads and hit Chanyeol for being cheeky.

“Ah seriously we need some fun in our lives.” Jongin sighed. Everyone remained silent, all agreeing they wanted to spice up their lives.

“I have an idea.” Luhan spiked in with a mischievous smile. Everyone stared at him with anticipation. “Let’s make that girl Seohyun fall for Sehun.” He grinned, looking at Sehun.

“What?” Was Sehun’s bored response. “I don’t have time for crap like that.” He yawned, leaning against the rails. Everyone moaned at him.

“I’ll bet you 100000 won you can’t make her fall for you.” Luhan smiled like a cat. Sehun thought for a moment before looking at Luhan and the rest of his friends.

“I bet I can make her my girlfriend in 10 days. I’ll bet 400000 won. Each.” Sehun boldly declared. “And today can count as one day.” Sehun finished, looking at everyone with self-importance. Everyone grinned and shook hands amongst each other. "It'll be easy. She's already into me anyway." He cleared up.

"Oh really? You really think so?" Luhan sniggered. Sehun hit his head with his fist.

"I am certain she's in love with me. Come on, I'm Oh Sehun, the iest guy around here." Sehun sarcastically chorused to his friends.

"You !" Chanyeol threw one of his books at Sehun's heads with a wide grin.

"So, wait, wait, you're doing the bet, then?" Jongin eagerly sat up, clapping his hands, his eyes sparkling.

"Yeah. I'm betting on it. I'm going to win." He lay back down, staring up at the blue sky.

“Finally something interesting.” Baekhyun lay back down with a grin that reached his eyes. Finally, the next 10 days would be entertaining.

"How the Hell you gonna do it?!" Luhan exclaimed brightly.

"You'll see at lunch." Sehun replied softly before closing his eyes.

 

***

 

Dear Diary,

OTTOKE OTTOKE OTTOKE OTTOKE!!!! AAAAHHH Ahh DIARY-san…. I can’t beleiv believe this! Ohhh where to start? GOD DAMN WUFAN I WANNA SLAY HIM. It happened at Lunch after I failed to talk to Sehun. I was with Yixing at lunch, not doing much and then the DANG PRINCES appeared. GuepGuess what?!! They sat on our table! OUR LONER TABLE! Then Sehun looked at me with a bright smile- LIKE WHOA- That boy can actually smile brightly!? I was shocked out my mind you know diary-san! Anyway… He passed me a paper across the table. Yixing awkwardly left ME ALONE THAT EVIL PERSON I WILL DESTROY YOU ZHANG YIXING. Anyyywayyyy… My heart was beating fast and I was like, braethbreathless I guess- BECAUSE… He gave me his number. In the stupidest way possible. Oh thank God I don’t have a mobile. I know diary- I sound lame- but I don’t want a mobile phone! I have my tablet and my laptop! That’s more than enough. BACK TO MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT… I told him I don’t have a mobile and he grinned at me nicely. His friends were being nice too- not evil or hilariously stupid- just NICE!? Yeah freaked me out too. They must take drugs, right, diary-san? OH Gosh I keep going off sudject subject. Anyway, he told me that was fine and that tomorrow I should skip school and go out with him tomorrow. LIKE DAM------ OMFG DIARY I’VE WRITTEN SO MUCH IN SO LITTLE TIM--- Goddammmit gone off track again. I’m sorry to future me who is reading this. Saranghae future me no actually I hate you…… ANYYYWAAAYYYY… I told him I’d love to. I mean, come on- I have to get him to fall for me- actually no, I have to make him kiss me on the 10th day!  THEN WUFAN CAN JUST SUUUCCKK MY…. This isn’t a rude diary. GOSH PAST PRESENT ME. So yeah. Tomorrow is Day 2 and it’s going smoothly. See you tomorrow. Better get beauty sleep. PAHAHAH I DON’T NEED THAT I IZ PERFECT. I AM THE IEST MOFO AROUND EZ… Okay it’s 1am now I’m writing crap in my diary this goodnight yo.

LOVE YOU DIARY-SAN.

Future me, I’m sorry for being so rough with my work. Look at those crossings out. I hope you make less mistakes. I’m writing in English too. Damn I at writing in English.

Seohyun from da past

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


As some of you can tell (very easily) this is a much lighter, cute(?) story compared to Answers! Hope you enjoyed Day 1 heheheheeh XD Love, MasterTrollSama ♥