Chapter 12

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

Day Thirty Four

 

Joonmyun sat at the back of the plane. He began a game of whacking himself violently whenever anyone argued. Sadly, this led to a severely startling bruise on his head. He stopped hurting himself and concentrated on trying to play Angry Birds on his phone. However, he was failing miserably. He didn't even know why he went onto the plane and left his friends who lived in Seoul. Perhaps he

He looked up from his seat just to see what the other nine boys were doing. The scene in front of him exploded.

Tao was sitting on top of Luhan, squashing him down whilst banging his fists against the bridge of Luhan's nose positively breaking it. Over Sehun and Wufan screaming at each other and the sound of Luhan's blood dripping and splashing onto the floor like red wine, Joonmyun could hear Luhan's nose break. Tao's eyes were fiery black and insane. Jongin and Baekhyun were prying Tao away but to no avail as Minseok was attacking both, whacking their heads with the back of his hand wildly with a look of pure hatred in his eyes. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were slapping each other's faces as hard as they possibly could, their cheeks exploding with this dirty red colour.

Joonmyun had to do something because these boys were being beyond ridiculous in his eyes. He was only one year ahead of them in university whilst they were finishing highschool. They were too idiotic. They were insane. He felt like a father to nine godforsaken devils. He stood up gravely with a dark look as he marched forward like a bullet through a man's chest. He grabbed Tao and threw him across the plane so he landed on a seat. Joonmyun pulled out a tissue from his pocket and slapped it to Luhan's nose and pulled Luhan's hand over it.

Then Joonmyun glared at Jongin and Baekhyun to sit down, which they did. Then Joonmyun swung a fist at Minseok for hitting his younger brother but Minseok dodged it and sat back down, hissing at Joonmyun. After leaving the three to settle, he marched forward and grabbed Sehun's and Wufan's collars before aggressively splitting them apart like Moses parting the river. Wufan landed on the ground and Sehun landed on top of Luhan. Joonmyun watched Wufan reluctantly return to his seat grumbling to himself.

Joonmyun finally headed to the slapping-pair who were now in a lot of obvious pain. Kyungsoo's previously white face was now red veins and Chanyeol's usually bright eyes were stinging red with tears running down whilst his face refused to believe he was in pain.

"Are you two seriously going to continue?" Joonmyun stood there, looking at his nails whilst all the rest of the boys behind him were seated properly, looking at their feet sadly.

"N-no." Kyungsoo shuffled backwards but Joonmyun whacked his face.

"Continue." He pushed Kyungsoo forward where Chanyeol slapped him once again.

"Bad move!" Joonmyun suddenly smirked before kicking Chanyeol in the stomach, sending him flying back.

"H-h-hyung!" Chanyeol spluttered, doubling over in pain. Joonmyun tilted his head, the same manic smirk stuck on his face.

"I said continue." He tapped Kyungsoo behind him.

"N-no..." Kyungsoo bowed. Joonmyun nodded as Kyungsoo sat back down. Joonmyun looked at Chanyeol, shook his head and sat back down, put his headphones in and closed his eyes.

 

***

 

"Welcome back to Changsha Prince Yixing." A beautiful maid bowed as Yixing and Seohyun stepped into his glorious palace that stood out majestically around the fresh green field surrounding it like a lake, with bright cherry-blossom trees standing proudly, scattered like petals. There were countless rosh bushes and a few gardeners tending to the endless garden. The sky was cloudy yet it was bright, shining happily down onto the tiles on the roof. Seohyun was definitely amazed and left spellbound by the natural beauty.

"Y-you lived here?" Seohyun turned to her fiancee, unable to comprehend how beautiful it was. But a flashback exploded in her mind and she saw her first date with Sehun, the blanket, the roses, the messed up food, the argument. She forced in her terrible emotions that felt like they could lift her off her feet. She was trying to be civil, to be a good fiancee but she couldn't manage it when the vivid memories were erupting in her mind.

"I did." Yixing replied with a kind eye-smile. Seohyun sighed, wondering how the Hell Yixing managed to leave this to go to their remote school in Korea. She was fundamentally curious, nothing more and nothing less; simply curious to why he left or the reason he was told to leave. She wanted to get used to him, to understand him, to fall in love with him and to forget Sehun.

"Why did you move..." she didn't really ask him properly but implied that it was a question. She was too timid, as though she was speaking to a stranger, not a guy she spent at least 5 years with in education.

"Told to." He answered, his monosyllabic language starting to really bug Seohyun. She was attempting to be kind and nice to talk to and he definitely wasn't helping her. He was being stupidly cold, almost... like Sehun had been in the very beginning. She remembered the time Wufan decided Sehun would be perfect for the bet, that time Sehun coldly glared at them as he cut the line rudely in the dinner queue. Now she had to face another jerk all over again. She couldn't stand the idea. The more she stayed silent and allowed her thoughts to unwind out of control, the more she became angry. She needed to speak out.

"Stop this." She stopped in their path abruptly. The maids were shooed off by Yixing's rude hand and they diligently sped off. This added to her anger. She stood in front of him and stared at his uncaring face. "What happened to you Yixing?!" she shrieked at him, annoyed by his pointless attitude that the Yixing she loved would have despised this dirty attitude. His face didn't even fluctuate at her sudden screams. He was nothing like the guy who chilled with her and her best friends.

"Nothing." He answered coldly, staring away from her like a child, his hands dug into his pockets. He was acting like the 'Princes'. She found it horribly ironic how the fake 'Princes' were pretty accurate at being real princes. It aggravated her further.

"How... why did you up and leave?" She asked him, becoming more and more speechless at his insane attitude. She had always thought Yixing was a kind hearted guy, a sweet brother, a beautiful soul. She was terrifically wrong.

"Told to." He repeated simply, continuing to build upon the hatred piling up in Seohyun's heart. She felt weak in the legs with the complete and utter disbelief at the guy in front of her.

"Yixing stop with this attitude! IT'S NOT YOU!" She began letting the steam escape her clouded mind. Staring at the guy in front of her, a stranger, wasn't healthy for her. She was in a country she didn't know with a man she didn't know.

"What?" he answered, unimpressed as though he was a crappy mimik of Sehun. Seohyun shook her head at him with pure hatred, one so pure it could cut through diamonds.

"Stop trying to be Sehun!" She finally exploded, almost spitting on him in the most unladylike manner- not that she cared. She spent the best part of her life with men, acting like a lunatic, the real her. Being rude and arrogant was basically in her blood after hanging around with Wufan. Yixing, on the other hand, stared back, one hundred percent unfazed by her words.

"Why would I stoop to that dirty level? I'm not an immature playboy and I never will be. My priority is to make you my wife so I would prefer it if you didn't argue. Now shut up, look happy, let's go meet my family." Yixing walked ahead. Seohyun had tried to argue back but with each word, Yixing simply spoke louder and louder till he was roaring at her. He didn't even turn to look at her as he continued walking away.

"Yixing!" She called him and he spun around aggressively, his stance tall and his fists balled. "Why?" She almost choked on her words, her eyes tearing once more. She couldn't take him like that anymore.

"Seohyun, we're going! NOW." He bellowed at her. She bit her lip and wiped away her tears before they came down. Then she went forward to her awaiting fiance. She didn't want to be with him; she wanted to run away- but it was her duty. She had to. She didn't have a choice.

"Yixing, please, answer me..." She began pleading the handsome prince but he didn't even look at her as he muttered a reply.

"Your voice is irritating." Yixing said coldly and quietly, audible only to her. She gulped as the tears blurred her vision but she continued forward. She felt him reach for her hand. "Smile." He ordered with the same tone. She nodded compliantly and forced a smile and even forced back her tears. Her heart was aching from the distress. She wanted Wufan and Kyungsoo and Minseok and Hyoyeon and Sunny and  Sooyoung... she wanted her friends back more than ever. She wanted the old Yixing to pop out and comfort her. 

"I can pretend to smile." she spoke in Korean as they approached the palace. The maids were around them so she was extremely quiet. Yixing listened over to her without words. "But, you will have to answer me, Yixing, otherwise I'll ruin everything for you. I'll leave you." She warned him with a dark voice she had never revealed to anyone before.

"You fully well know, Joohyun, that if you leave me, your brother will drag you back." He smirked as he continued walking. The maids left them once more as they continued forward.

"I'll kill myself then." Seohyun answered coldly as they reached the front steps.

"Sure you will." Yixing smiled pleasantly, looking forward at his parents. Seohyun gripped his hand harder making sure it hurt him. However, he gripped back tighter, squeezing her bones together harshly.

"You can be the one who watches me." Seohyun let go of his hand but he still held hers.

"I'll record it and send the footage to Wufan." Yixing whispered into her ear. His parents were watching at this point. Seohyun's eyes widened tearfully with humiliation and pure pain. "You better laugh." He added with a loud chuckle. He moved quickly, dragging her along. Seohyun found it hard to hide her tears but through her strong will, she managed to remain calm.

"You'll regret this." She finally added before leaving him to sit next to his parents. Yixing slyly gulped before sitting down opposite to her.

 

***

 

"You need to grow a brain in that thick skull of yours!" Jongin cursed, spitting onto the Beijing floor with irritation flowing in his veins. Sehun had gone bright red in the face leaving Tao, Wufan, Kyungsoo and Minseok giggling like girls. Joonmyun had blown up and had been taken away by the airport security. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were isolated, sitting on a bench from the others and Luhan was completely chuffed, excited to be back in his home town.

"I... I didn't think." Sehun admitted softly, looking down at the floor in despair. "I'm sorry..." He apologised to everyone with embarrassment. He had taken everyone to Beijing... not to Changsha where they needed to be.

"Sorry? You're stupid! My brother-" Jongin spat, pointing his finger towards the security, "HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THEM BECAUSE OF YOU!" He exploded like a maniac.

"Looks like it's my turn..." Tao muttered to himself in Chinese with the argument covering his voice. He suddenly reached into his pockets and pulled out some shades before picking out a black phone nobody had seen before. Wufan watched with amusement at the tall panda-like guy but said nothing. His attention was stuck to the argument unfolding in front of him.

Meanwhile, Tao dialled a number.

"This is Huang Zitao. Get me a private plane in Beijing, right now. I'm in the Capital. You have ten minutes." He put the phone back into his pocket and with his shades he smirked at the argument he couldn't even fully understand. However, his actions weren't completely dismissed.

"Who were you speaking to?" Luhan asked him, appearing over his shoulder like some sort of animal.

"Piss off." was Tao's kind reply.

 

***

 

Seohyun and Yixing were now standing on a balcony in front of a massive crowd that had gathered to greet them formally. Yixing was simply standing next to her with a soft smile on his face, elegantly waving at the mass of people. Seohyun was doing the same but with a serious expression. She couldn't even find the effort to make a smile. She was too cut up by Yixing's words.

"Lady Joohyun," a man called from behind. The couple weren't alone; there were police commissioners and bodyguards, government officials and various other top, important people. Seohyun turned to face the CEO of Sinopec, an oil and gas company, who smiled at her politely. "As you're going to marry our Prince Yixing, perhaps you should make a speech." He urged her forward. She nodded at him and shuffled forward. Yixing had heard and followed behind her with the same soft smile.

"Changsha," Seohyun immediately began. The cheering crowd were quietened by her voice. "I'm here with your beloved Prince, Zhang Yixing, my fiance. Changsha is such a beautiful, wonderful place. I am looking forward to caring for you all, the people, and I will await your love, care and serenity over us. Please join our celebrations of our marriage in two months with happiness and joy. Thank you." She stepped back and felt extremely weak, lying to a whole crowd.

Yixing stepped forward and began his own speech.

"Changsha!" He called out happily in their famous dialect. "Did you all miss me?" He called with a cheeky smile. Seohyun heard the roars of agreement. She didn't notice herself smile. "I missed you! I missed China so much! But I've bought you all a present!" Seohyun waited for her name to be called out. "A buffet to eat heartily! Please, everyone, eat happily in the Hall." He walked away from the crowd and pulled Seohyun with him. So he didn't say she was the present. Food was more important than her. She was about to protest but she noticed all eyes were on them. She kept closed and just followed him.

They reached a private room in his house and he locked the door behind him. It was a living quarter with a sofa and even a stove. She guessed it was one of the maid's rooms. It was pretty old looking and dirty. She stared at him, confused, but he just stared at her for a moment before he opened his mouth.

"You're right." He suddenly opened up to her. She was baffled by his words and didn't know what to say. "I should tell you something. But you're bound to never tell anyone." He continued seriously, his eyes stern. He didn't have a warm smile or inviting eyes. He just looked monstrous, like an alien. She felt it didn't suit him. As her thoughts continued, she realised he was waiting for her reply.

"I promise not to speak a word of it." She gritted her teeth and lied, staring into his eyes with her best poker face. Yixing nodded before he opened his mouth to explain everything...

 

***

 

Tao had flown everyone to China. Rather, no one knew that Tao had taken them on his own private plane. They all assumed Joonmyun made other arrangements but when someone came in calling for a group of 10 boys and Joonmyun was confused out of his mind, they all weren't sure. When Tao led the way, all of the guys were really confused. More importantly, they were becoming tired with the arguments between each other and felt bad for Joonmyun, their Hyung. It was 9pm by the time they landed in Changsha and they all wanted a place to sleep.

Tao whipped out his phone again and stood behind the guys who were planning out where they could stay based on Wufan's and Luhan's poor knowledge.

"It's me again. I need a whole hotel to ourselves, 10 of us. Now. At least 5 star." He switched his phone off and put it into his pocket.

"So maybe the Holiday Inn hotel? I'm sure there must be one around here..." Luhan said with the most confused face anyone had ever seen. Wufan shook his head.

"That's bound to be popular and expensive." He disagreed with Luhan. The other boys were all just staring at the Chinese guys without a clue.

Meanwhile, two suited-up men dressed in black came up to Tao. Chanyeol was the only one who noticed and he freaked out silently as Tao spoke to them in Chinese. Chanyeol tried to listen to what was spoken but he couldn't understand Chinese at all. Tao had finished talking to the men and the two gangster-like guys disappeared.

"Hey! M-my auntie owns a 5 star hotel, called the Xinglau Mingzu Hotel." He told Wufan in Chinese who translated to everyone else. Everyone just nodded and agreed, including Chanyeol who was now frightened of Tao.

Before long, the ten guys were in one of the coolest hotels they had ever seen. They all split into pairs. Tao stayed with Wufan, Sehun stayed with Luhan, Minseok stayed with Kyungsoo, Jongin stayed with his Hyung leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol together. Each of them were chilling in their beds, or were taking showers. The hotel manager even gave them fresh, high-quality clothes. They didn't know why he gave them the clothes but they didn't refuse them. Only Tao knew why.

Sehun was lying on a bed,  chilling, thinking about killing Yixing when Luhan switched the television on. As if the God's were sending him a message, he saw Seohyun and Yixing standing side by side, addressing a massive crowd on what seemed to be a fancy mansion's balcony.

"Luhan! TRANSLATE!" Sehun barked at Luhan who nodded and with a yawn, he began translating.

"Prince Yixing and Lady Jooxian are going to be visiting the Huanxiu Restaurant today to celebrate their arrival in Changsha. The hotel will be off bounds for all members of the public and there---"

"WE HAVE TO GO RIGHT NOW!" Sehun shrieked. He fell off the bed with his hyperactivity and raced to the door with Luhan close behind him. Sehun banged all the doors until everyone came out. Wufan looked tired but his eyes widened as Sehun explained everything. Then, they all shot out of the hotel at a unstoppable pace. Tao took out his phone again whilst running ahead of everyone else.

"We need to take out some of the bodyguards, replace them with yourselves..." Tao simply began as they reached the restaurant. Luhan pushed through the crowd and began speaking to one of the members. Tao tilted his head. "Never mind." He said and looked around to see shady characters disappear back into the crowd. He moved to Luhan after putting his black phone away.

"Yes, but I'm the son of the CEO of Sinopec." Luhan impatiently told the security officer who searched the name Lu Han on his phone. He was surprised to find Luhan was indeed the CEO's son. "I do not need an invitation." He continued, glaring at the tall, built man in front of him. "I also have nine guests with me. I'll take away your job if you do not let us in." He coldly warned the guard who had no choice but to let Luhan inside.

Sehun had to control himself as he walked inside with an orderly fashion. Everyone was completely silent. No one could speak. They were all holding their breaths as they were ushered to a large table. Luhan sat at the very front and Joonmyun took the back. The others piled up around the middle. It seemed the royal couple weren't around yet. It seemed they were coming soon so everyone ordered spirits and other alcoholic beverages. Sehun was uptight and his face shone with discomfort. Wufan couldn't even place the glass to his lips. Kyungsoo was fiddling with his hands, Minseok was drinking up the drink in front of him. They were all extremely nervous.

"Do you think she likes Yixing?" Sehun whispered to Luhan.

"Honestly, no." Luhan answered as he held his best friend's hand comfortably. The two sat together, holding hands sweetly, waiting for her to arrive.

It wasn't long until the crowds outside the restaurant became extremely loud, cheering with passion. Sehun's heart leapt out of his chest as Seohyun and Yixing burst through the doors heavily guarded by security. Seohyun and Yixing were both smiling naturally, holding each other's hand like everything in the world was okay. Her eyes were twinkling and he was grinning with joy. The engagement ring on her finger was sparkling and his ring was glowing. Their cheeks were flushed pink. They looked so happy. Sehun almost choked by their sight.

"She turned hot." Jongin smirked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who nodded and agreed.

"Shut up." Kyungsoo answered back angrily. The three closed their mouthes feebly.

"Say nothing." Luhan put his hand on Sehun's shoulder. Likewise, Kyungsoo and Minseok were on each side of Wufan, whispering into his ears. Wufan's face had became bright red. They all were staring at the couple who sat down opposite each other, staring into each other's eyes without even battering an eyelid towards their abnormally large table. Everyone felt empty as though they had no purpose intruding their lives. They felt like the past was a joke.

Sehun's friends could hardly believe the times Sehun had spent with Seohyun; at his date, watching baseball, at school, at the party. It all felt fake. Wufan imagined the times they shared like true brother and sister, teasing each other, pratting about. None of it felt real, seeing Seohyun dressed like a model, with that perfect ring on her slender fingers. Kyungsoo felt hurt as though someone poked something out of his heart, like Seohyun had left a hole there. Seeing Yixing made them feel even more peculiar.

The nine guys (minus Joonmyun who was busy drinking) were all numb.They sat quietly without going to get their food. They watched Seohyun and Yixing go to the buffet area to get food. They watched the couple sit back down and chew their food. Chew and swallow. They watched like robots. It wasn't until the second time that Sehun stood on his feet and howled her name.

She spun around instantly and turned to see all of the boys. Her eyes dilated and she dropped her plate to the floor with surprise, staring at Sehun, seeing Wufan behind him, sitting, shocked, numb, white with anger. She saw Kyungsoo and Minseok sitting with teary eyes. She saw Tao staring at her, hurt, confused. But it was Sehun's tears that frightened her the most.

"SEOHYUN! Come back with us!" Sehun yelled at her frantically as the security ran at him, knocking him to the floor like a bulldozer. Luhan jumped from his seat and kicked the guard away from Sehun. Then Jongin stood up, swaggering as he was tipsy. He was knocked out by another guard almost immediately. The 'Princes' were taken down the easiest. When Tao stood up, dialled a number, mumbled some words and replaced it back into his pocket, the whole restaurant was bombarded by triad men. Sehun took this moment to run at Yixing.

"YOU !" He bellowed at Yixing before punching him down to the floor. Wufan followed Sehun and just watched as Seohyun pushed Sehun away as hard as she could.

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Seohyun shrieked at Sehun, sending a slap across his cheek. Some guards lifted Yixing up and took him out before anyone else could hurt him. Tao, himself, ran at Seohyun and pulled her away. Sehun and Wufan followed as Tao dragged her with an almighty force out into the street where he kicked people out his way and entered a black car. A crowd of people were going insane, running towards the car with furious speed. Yet Sehun and Wufan had had enough time to enter and the driver had enough time to shoot forward away from everyone.

The police followed them closely but were easily knocked out the way by Tao's men. The driver stepped on it and the car sped forward, blurring out the sights around them. The lines on the floor blurred as one.

"STOP THE DAMN CAR!" Seohyun shrieked at the back. Tao was at the front, ignoring her pleas. She was sat next to Wufan who couldn't even face her. Sehun, on the other hand, yelled back.

"What THE HELL DO YOU MEAN? You didn't want this! WE'RE TAKING YOU HOME!" Sehun screamed at her, his veins popping out of his neck. He was beyond insanely furious.

"This is my home." Seohyun faced Sehun properly. She couldn't look at Wufan, but she leaned over him to have a good look at Sehun. "I belong here, with Yixing." She continued as tears filled her eyes. But she took a breath and wiped them away before leaning forward. Sehun and Wufan were left speechless. "DRIVER STOP THE DAMN CAR. LET ME OUT RIGHT NOW" she shrieked into the driver's ear. He didn't stop. She turned to Tao. "ORDER HIM TO STOP." She roared at him. Tao complied. The car slowly stopped. As soon as it did, Sehun and Wufan immediately stepped out. Tao also left the car and told the driver to take Seohyun back.

Sehun watched in numbness as Seohyun was driven away from him. Tao kicked the floor and turned away, agravated by himself. He still liked Seohyun and hated himself for listening to her so easily. Wufan was in complete and utter shock. He felt sick at the sight of Yixing and Seohyun as a couple. He wanted to die after looking at the sight of them.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Sehun growled at Wufan, ruffling his own hair with frustration. Wufan shrugged.

"Was there any point?" He asked the rhetorical question Sehun really didn't want to hear. No one spoke for a moment. They were all staring at the road, watching other cars drive past them.

"Let's just go home." Sehun sighed. He bit his lip and stared at the sky as rain began falling down on him. He gulped with a hurt heart. He wanted her so bad. He was truly in love with her. But did she love him? Did she ever have feeling for him? Did she ever love their school? Was it all fake? But how could it be? She didn't want to go back, did she? Or was it all a publicity stunt? Was it all a huge, insane master plan? Sehun didn't know.

Maybe he'd never know.


Gumen na sai, gumen na sai, gumen na saaiiii... just one more edit and I'm back on track~~ Thank you for waiting. It's my turn to cry♥