Chapter 9

How To Catch Sehun in 10 Days

 

Day Nine

 

The next day was a Tuesday, the second last day to the end of both of their bets. Sehun was pretty happy. Seohyun was also happy but confused. It was like she had two different worlds, one of confusion, darkness and answerless problems, whereas the other was a fine, happy, peaceful world of kindness, protection and a world of beauty. She was just floating, ready to drop at some point, down to the ground, to shame.

They were both in school, sitting together, isolated from the other tables. Luhan was completely taken aback by the change in Sehun. Jongin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun couldn’t even understand what they were seeing. Yoona had already gone off with another guy, and Sehun had gone.

“Does… does he like her?” Jongin was puzzled, even though the answer was pretty obvious.

“Well, he’s all cosy with her, alone, just like that…” Baekhyun continued, looking at them.

“So, well, yeah then.” Chanyeol finished. The three of them were just focused on Sehun and Seohyun. The two were into themselves, talking, giggling, flirting- enjoying themselves. Luhan just looked at them and felt sick at their attitudes.

“We should sabotage it.” Luhan suggested. Chanyeol hit Luhan softly and said no pretty strongly.

“I’ve never seen Sehun look so… human.” Jongin chuckled with a smirk. Baekhyun high-fived him.

“Yeah I like her.” He added. The three of them then moved on to another conversation but Luhan was no part of it. He just felt anxious and annoyed. With a brief moment to think, he abruptly stood up and marched over to Wufan’s table.

“You see them?” Luhan spat out in Chinese. Minseok and Kyungsoo sighed and continued eating with frustration at their use of language. They hated it when they couldn't understand. It was becoming annoyingly repetitive. Tao and Wufan ignored him. “Look at them, Wufan. They’re playing each other.” He added. Wufan turned his head towards Luhan, without too much interest in his words.

“That’s nice.” He shrugged and turned back to his tasteless food. He put his chopsticks into his mouth and chewed the food unhappily.

“Wu Yifan, Sehun made a bet to make her his girlfriend in 10 days and I fully know about your damned bet.” Luhan bitterly explained. Wufan stopped eating and continued staring at his food. “Wondering how I know? Courtesy of Yixing.” Luhan finished with a cruel smirk on his face. He walked off and left Wufan’s thoughts jumbling in his head.

“.” Tao cursed. He looked at Seohyun and noticed how happy she looked. “Wufan… What do we do?” He rubbed his face and scoffed.

“Don’t tell her.” Wufan simply said, staring down at the food. He picked up some more rice and stuffed the white food into his unwanting mouth.

 

***

 

Seohyun and Sehun were both holding hands, walking around the school with smiles on their soft-hearted faces. The two knew that it was wrong and stupid but they couldn’t help it. To the two of them, it felt nice, nice to have someone who liked them. They felt at ease knowing someone really liked them for who they were. Sehun had messed up at their first date, but she still liked him. What he didn’t know was that was the pure effect of the bet. Seohyun had messed up on the first date, too, going all naturalist on him, but he still liked her for who she was… unknowing that he was playing his bet. Their relationship was built on a stupid lie.

“You know what I liked about you?” Sehun asked gently, brushing her hair out of her face. Seohyun felt like something was wrong but she refused to let her instincts spoil the moment.

“What?” She asked him with a soft smile. Sehun smirked and chuckled for a moment.

“That you’re so crazy.” He honestly admitted. He winked at her and she laughed back at him.

“You’re an idiot, you know?” She hit him lightly. She had a sudden flashback of hitting Wufan but it went away like the wind. She hadn’t spoken to him properly in a day. It didn’t feel right to her. It was like losing her brother…

“Why did you stay with me? I want to know. We’ve only known each other for, what, a week?” Sehun asked her. The two paused.

“Hm, I think it’s because… you’re not just a cold-hearted idiot, you’re a loser. It doesn’t suit you.” She continued mocking him. “You’re such a weirdo. Throwing up at horror movies. Screaming because of ducks.” She stuck her tongue out. Sehun burned red.

“That never happened.” He said timidly, looking at the sky with an amused face. “But thanks, I think.” He hugged her suddenly. Seohyun’s stomach was full of butterflies. “I think you’re just below average, that’s why I like you. All other girls are prettier than you” He joked, holding her tighter. “And either cleverer or dumber than you. You’re equally weird.” He laughed at himself dissing her. She had a smirk stuck on her face. “I wonder why I even liked you, some crazy lunatic, falling off her bike…” He listed on and on.

“Yah!” She pulled away from him. “You don’t know when to shut up.” She shook her head with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged.

“I’m not perfect. That’s why you like me.” He winked at her again. She shook her head.

“Before I met you, you know I hardly went out?” She smiled at him and shyly added, “I’m a fangirl…” She admitted, wondering why she did. But she knew he wouldn’t judge her. “I stayed in my room for hours… I don’t even understand why, but it was on YouTube or Tumblr…” She looked up at him embarrassed but didn’t stop. “I was on my laptop forever…” She laughed, he just sweatdropped at her. “I’m so lame! Oh my gosh! I really like T.O.P oppa~ He is just so masculine and perfect… He is so beautiful…”

She went off into ‘fangirl mode’ but Sehun didn’t mind. He actually found it really cute, the way she smiled, and laughed at herself. He wasn’t listening but more admiring her. She went on and on and on to the point Sehun was wondering if she ever shut . He was wondering if it had been a good idea to let her begin in the first place.

“Seohyun—” He tried. And failed.

“SEUNGHYUN OPPA IS SO PERFECT” she roared, raging like an insane lunatic. He blinked.

“Um, Seohyun—” He tried again…

“I SHIP THEM! I SHIP TOPBOM! BOM IS SO PERFECT! EEUUURGGHHH OPPPAAAA” she continued on, talking with her hands flying around everywhere.

She was not listening to a word he was saying and he could only think of one way to get her attention. He grabbed her by her shoulders again and pushed her against a wall. She was finally silent for what seemed like eternity. He smirked before reaching forward. Without a warning he pecked her lips with his and stepped back, proud of his ‘kiss’.

She just stood there speechless as a flashback caught her off guard. She remembered the night. She remembered the bathroom. She remembered Sehun. She remembered going towards him… and… she had kissed him. She had truly kissed him. He didn’t tell her. She had no idea. They had already kissed. She felt like crying. They had already kissed. She had already won her bet. The bet didn’t matter anymore. She had been kissed twice. Twice. She had won his feelings and won her bet. She stared at him without any idea on how to speak to him.

He just chuckled as he took her hand. He started to walk with her towards their next lesson: Chemistry. They both had been so absorbed with each other that they forgot that they had a silent audience watching them. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongin and Luhan. 

"Don't you all have lessons?" Sehun grinned at them, holding up Seohyun's hand proudly, hoping and praying they would not say a word. He actually wanted to try out a relationship with Seohyun. Everything he had said was true. He had honestly developed feelings for her.

“SEHUN YOU DID IT!” Jongin yelled out. He ran over to Sehun and patted his back hard. Sehun grinned once more whilst Seohyun blushed pink. They were both still holding hands though Seohyun noticed Sehun's hand had become somewhat sweaty. His expression seemed uncomfortable. In that brief moment of time, she thought he was being shy- nothing but shy.

“Congratulations!” Baekhyun winked at him. Seohyun smiled, staring at the ground awkwardly. She didn't want to make eye contact with the other jerks.

"Haha, thanks guys, but, go away." Sehun muttered, beginning to walk further towards the classroom when Luhan stopped in front of them, breaking apart their hands.

“Looks like you won the bet.” Luhan said simply. Sehun's heart stopped beating. His eyes widened with horror and he couldn't even begin to think about Seohyun's reaction to those words. He didn't want to hurt her. He wanted to protect her.

“We owe you money.” Chanyeol laughed heartily. “How much do we all owe you?" He asked. Everyone quietly began digging into their pockets whilst Seohyun stood there, numb. "I can’t believe you did it!” Chanyeol continued, breaking the silence. “Well, she was an easy bait anyway. Not clever… Not stupid either actually… No offence.” He winked at her.

Seohyun felt lightheaded and faint. It felt as though her body was nailed together. She couldn't move. She couldn't think. She could only take in the words being given to her.

“Here.” Luhan smirked. “100 000 won. As you wanted.” Luhan stared into Seohyun’s eyes and handed Sehun the money in one unkind bundle.

Sehun felt his body tighten. In that instant, he had made his mind up. He was going to leave her. He had hurt her. He honestly began liking her but had done nothing to stop this pain. He couldn't do anything. It was the truth. It was going to sting. He felt like he couldn't talk to her. He had no choice but to break their relationship. He felt gutted, pained and at a loss. He really thought he found a girl he could bring home, that his parents would accept. He really liked her. This made him realise how much he liked her. He loved her freaky attitudes and hyperactive moments. He loved her individualism and her strong-minded personality. He loved how beautiful she looked with or without makeup. He loved how stunning her hair looked when it rested over her shoulders. His heart broke the more he began thinking about their nine days together.

“Is…” Seohyun’s voice croaked. “Is this… True?” She looked at Sehun with tears spilling from her eyes. He couldn't look at her. He had to be cruel to be kind.

“Don’t start crying.” Luhan cut her words short before she could break down. “He didn’t know about your bet, either. Now he will.” Luhan smugly stated, looking at his friend.

“What…” Sehun mumbled quietly, too absorbed in his own shock. Seohyun had made a bet? She was... toying with him? Everything was... fake? It was all lies? They were both lying? Lies? Their relationship was fake. His feelings were fake. She was fake. Nothing made sense. Their nine days was all a fairytale? A great big mash of lies and deceit? He felt regretful. Exactly how Luhan said he would. Luhan was right. Luhan knew.

“Seohyun made a bet with Wufan. To get you to kiss her. Looks like she won, too.” He shrugged naturally. The other guys all made stupid noises and defamed Sehun, cursing at his stupidity.

Seohyun’s legs turned to jelly as Sehun turned to see her guilty face. She felt like everything was truly falling apart. Her heart felt heavy. She couldn’t say anything, she didn’t need to. Her face probably said it all. Sehun felt the memories of the last nine days turn to mush. Nothing but a load of crap. Crap served him him like gold.

“I don’t really care.” Sehun blatantly lied, to clear up his image in front of his friends. “I only used her so I could win. I don’t care if she had one, too. Why would I?” he smirked naturally, trying to convince himself. His friends all nodded and agreed apart from Luhan who watched Seohyun fall apart. She stared at Sehun, gulping, holding in her sobs.

“That’s a lie.” She stated with a shaking voice. “You do care, Sehun. You do. I know you.” She wept in front of him, feeling completely and utterly sure of herself, sure of the previous nine days. She liked him. She was sure she liked him and she was more than positive he liked her back. He couldn't have faked all their conversations earlier? No. Their relationship, their feelings, she was telling herself they were real.

“He's a wolf, you're the prey.” Jongin teased, grinning at her like a cheshire cat. He tilted his head and looked at her. “You really thought you had a chance?” He raised his eyebrows at her. Sehun’s friends chuckled. Sehun remained motionless, staring ahead at nothing; blank.

“But…” She held Sehun’s hand and turned him around. He looked above her and flapped her arm from his roughly.

“Don’t you get it?” He tilted his head, his voice suddenly bored and uninterested. She was nothing but a cold-hearted liar. She was far worse than him, in his eyes. She was a , in his eyes, a fake . A creep who stole his first kiss. Seohyun’s tears continued falling down. She realised, she realised she was wrong about him. That he was just a player. A nobody. Used her for money. Money. Money alone. Just money.

“No!” She cried out, hitting him hard. “I thought you really liked me! I really… I… I like you Sehun! I really like you!” She sobbed pathetically, holding onto him, sobbing.

“Oh really? You played a bet, I’m sure you’re mistaken. Lots of girls like me. I’m really not surprised. Now get out of my way.” Sehun muttered, shoving her from his sight. He didn't even look at her. Not once. Seohyun nodded tearfully.

She stepped aside as the ‘Princes’ walked off, leaving her in the empty corridor, crying. Her insides were ripping themselves apart. She felt like she had died inside. She felt more than terrible. It was a terrible nightmare. It shouldn’t have ended that way. She crumpled to the floor and held her bag in her hands. She didn’t want this reality. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow she will be able to talk to him. Get him alone somehow, get him back and win his heart.

She stood up and started to walk towards the exit- to go home and rest. She felt torn apart. There was no way she was going to face the school, the ‘Princesses’ and expect everything to be normal. They wouldn’t stop tormenting her about it. They wouldn’t let it drop from their conversations. Everyone would stare at her and talk about her and everyone would laugh. Yixing's face came into her mind and she felt her heart crumple even more. Why did he ruin everything?

She was at the exit when someone grabbed her wrist. She spun around and landed in a tight embrace with Wufan. He had seen everything. He watched her become the victim of torment. He her hair and held her closely and lovingly. She sobbed loudly into his arms, crying on his shoulder, her tears endless.

“It’s okay, Seohyun. Let’s take this day off and just chill.” Wufan continued holding her closely. Their intimate moment didn't last long as all of a sudden Sehun appeared at the top of the corridor looking crestfallen. He, and the whole Chemistry class, suddenly ran fast towards them. He was right ahead of the crowd of people.

“W-what, what is it?” Wufan asked the class members. Sehun looked ashen white and sickly. As though he was afraid. One of the class members, Jonghyun, answered him.

“It’s Prince Wonbin, Princess Nayoung and Prince Jongdae!!” He answered with a high-pitched, shocked, excited voice.

Wufan’s heart stopped beating. He looked at Seohyun with pure and utter horror. Seohyun stared back, dead-faced. Aghast. Broken apart into millions of pieces. Everyone around them ran out into the grounds.

“OPPA!” Seohyun shrieked at Wufan, terrified for her life.

“RUN!” Wufan yelled at the very top of his voice, his voice becoming drowned from the chaos around them. They were all headless chickens, trying to get a glimpse of the Princes and Princess of Korea. Seohyun quickly grabbed her bag and sprinted into the opposite direction to everyone else and Wufan followed frantically, terrified for her. He had never felt so out of control. Helpless. Like sitting cattle, ready to be killed. She put all her power in her legs but she wasn’t fast enough. Wufan took her wrist and pulled her along. They were both weak.  

They flew down the steps and went to the back, hidden exit of the school but they found that it had been blocked by dozens of guards. Even the students and teachers were going insane, trying to see what was going on. The two couldn’t get past anyone. Everyone around them were human barricades. It was a war zone. Her heart was crashing against her ribcage like it would break apart in a millisecond.

“WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW?” Seohyun screamed hysterically at him. Wufan looked blankly at the crowds and was looking around desperately for some kind of escape. “I can’t go back there! I CAN’T WUFAN!! PLEASE!” She felt a strange sensation take over her. Her body was a liquid, dripping, drowning, evaporating. She couldn’t go back to that life. That world. She didn’t want it. She wanted to stay with Wufan and Sehun and Minseok and Kyungsoo and Tao and Sooyoung and Sunny and Hyoyeon and… and…

“SEO JOOHYUN! COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!” A booming voice thrashed out against the walls of the school. It felt like an earthquake. His voice was so mad, so furious, so menacing, so terrifying. She clutched onto Wufan and wept at him.

It was Wonbin Oppa.

“Get me out, Wufan, please…” She begged, her heart hammering like a worn out machine. Her eyes were bulging like cancer, exploding from her sockets taking over her body like a disease. Her expression was one of a corpse- one that had had its whole life out from it. Her voice was a dying lion’s roar. Her body was trembling like she was burning alight. Her skin felt like it was being peeled off. She felt like she was going to be skinned alive by Wonbin’s voice alone.

“SEOHYUNNIE!” Another softer yet equally boomingly mad voice bellowed out. She knew who it was. Her favourite Oppa. Jongdae Oppa. The one she loved dearly. The one that vowed to protect her forever. The one who cherished her the most and played with her, spending his days making her laugh when she cried alone. She felt her heart begin to die down, and disappear. Her body and her heart were no longer one. She was separated from herself. She was a shell. She felt like a robot.

The people around him suddenly stared at her. Shocked. She stared at them. Time stopped. Wufan’s heart was an eagle in a robin’s cage. He growled and ran as fast as he could- but someone back-handed Wufan’s face hard. As he approached the window he fell down and lost his grip on Seohyun’s arm.

“I wonder what they want.” Luhan smirked evilly. He grabbed her arm.

“Luhan… please…” Seohyun couldn’t get her words out. She was breathless. Her body was vibrating in fear, not just fear, but the sheer sensation that her whole life was going to be destroyed in the blink of an eye in front of the whole school that would look down on her like she was nothing but real filth. She couldn’t even find the strength to pray for a miracle. She sobbed. She didn’t want to face them. She didn’t want to face her real life. She didn’t want to be that person anymore. She wanted to pull back but it was too late.

He dragged her out there. He pulled her in front of everyone. There was a pathway, framed by the people who once called her as an equal. They were all completely clueless. The bet had been completely pointless. There was no point of hiding her identity like that. It had come to get her, and drag her back to the insanity that once was her life. Her old friends didn’t look at her like a friend. They looked at her like she was important- above them. Like she was a Princess.

On her sick way there, she saw Kyungsoo looking at her in the very same way like everyone else. She wanted him to comfort her. Take her away from the mess. She didn’t want to be there.

“K-Kyungsoo…” She whispered out. Minseok appeared beside him, staring at her with shock. Horror. She stared back at him. They didn’t reply to her. They just ignored her as though they were supposed to. As though it was the most natural thing in the world. As though they had never been close. The two kept their heads down just like that. With stuck with a mass, she looked forward at the sight in front of her. There, she saw them. The three of them. Her real family.

Luhan continued till she had no choice but to make her own way there. Luhan joined the crowds and watched her with sick happiness. She took each step slowly and saw her brothers. Her two older brothers- staring back at her with black, lifeless eyes.

Wonbin stuck his hand out for her as she continued approaching them reluctantly, her tears spilling out endlessly. She wanted to die, there and then. The silence was killing her. The voiceless people around them killed her. She didn’t want to hold her brother’s hand and accept the life she hated. She wanted the complete opposite.

“SEOHYUN!” Wufan’s voice yelled from behind her. She spun to watch him get hit in the face by a guard. She sobbed hysterically and began dashing towards him.

Wonbin watched her furiously- the damned sister that had left 10 years ago with one of their damned maids. He couldn’t comprehend her. That she was ignoring them still, going after a simple nobody, just like that. Away from her blood. Her true family. He cracked his neck and stamped over towards her.

“Wonbin don’t…” Nayoung whispered, terrified of him, holding his arm tightly. He shrugged her off like she was nothing but thin air. Nayoung felt more than pathetic. She felt like a useless wife. For 10 years she had been shrugged off like nothing, like she was a slave, not a wife. She took a breath to compose herself. It always happened and she always had to shrug it off, too. Like it wasn’t important to her.

Wonbin reached the flesh of his sister. With a swift, hard moment he swivelled her around and landed a sharp, stinging slap on her soft face. He didn’t wait another second. He landed another slap on the same cheek. The cheek of her, to run away from home like that. He wanted to kill her in her spot. As he was about to slap her again, Jongdae took his hand and roughly threw him in the opposite direction.

Jongdae took her sorrow-filled face and forced it to look at him. He was equally furious.

“Why?” He asked her slowly. She stared back at him, wordlessly. Her lips were sealed and her tears continued. “GOD DAMN IT TELL ME WHY!” He shook her hard and heavily making her body swing like the wind. He stared at her ill face. There were bags under her eyes. She looked dead. She looked like she had given up her soul to Death. “SEOHYUN TALK TO ME FOR GOD’S SAKE!” He roared at her. She had no reaction to his voice. He felt so hurt by her inconsiderate actions. Without a pause to think of the consequences, he slapped her far harder than Wonbin had. It was so hard, in fact, it made Seohyun blank out. She landed on the floor as a mess, unconscious. As though she was truly dead.

“HOW DARE YOU HIT HER!” Hyoyeon shrieked. Sunny and Sooyoung stood by her side, crying at their friend lying before them. Jongdae stared at them like he was the Devil. His eyes were no longer human. They were rage. Pure rage. A guard pushed Hyoyeon away harshly.

“YOU MORONS!” Minseok roared at them, kicking and punching some guards out of his way. Yunho and Jaejoong pulled Minseok back hard and him inside.

“SHE OBVIOUSLY HATED YOU!” Kyungsoo defended her angrily, completely hurt at what they had done to her. “WHY DO YOU THINK SHE LEFT? HOW COULD YOU HURT HER?!” He bellowed at them. Minho and Jungmo pulled Kyungsoo away into the building.

Wonbin stared around at the low-lives surrounding him.

“WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE? LEAVE.” He clamoured at the top of his dark voice.

Everyone dispersed inside the building, wincing and fearing the Prince’s wrath. Sehun was one of the last to leave. He couldn’t believe what he had seen. He couldn’t allow the images to enter his mind. He was numb with shock. He felt sick to the core of himself. He felt like nothing. He felt like a flying speck of dust. He had treated her like she was a loser. But he was the real loser. He felt like saving her but he knew it was futile. He walked inside. As he did, tears escaped his eyes.

Nayoung ran forward and stopped Wonbin from attacking her limp body.

“DON’T YOU THINK THAT’S ENOUGH? YOU WERE SAD THAT SHE WAS GONE AND NOW YOU HURT HER? YOU’RE BOTH SICK!” She shoved Wonbin from Seohyun’s body. “I WONDERED WHY SHE LEFT, BUT I REALLY UNDERSTAND! WONBIN, I HATE YOU! I WISH I NEVER MARRIED SUCH A HEARTLESS BASTARD!” She slapped Wonbin as hard as she could. Wonbin couldn’t even react. He felt like he deserved it for that brief moment of time.

“YOU’RE BOTH LUNATICS! YOU MAY BE ROYAL, BUT YOU’RE PSYCHOPATHICAL MANIACS! NO WONDER YOU DON’T LIVE AMONGST THE CIVILISATIONS OF KOREA! ITS’ TOO DANGEROUS FOR THEM!” She clicked her fingers so guards came for Seohyun. Jongdae and Wonbin both looked sorry. They were frozen in their tracks. Never had any of them seen Nayoung explode like that. She looked crazy, driven like that by them. It was all their fault. Her tears were streaming down like two giant waterfalls.

“YOU CAN’T EVEN GIVE ME A CHILD! MY OWN SISTER-IN-LAW IS HAVING A CHILD BEFORE ME! I’M ALMOST 30 AND YOU CAN’T GIVE ME THAT! MARRIED FOR 12 YEARS AND HERE I AM! HE—” She pointed at Jongdae angrily, spitting at Wonbin. “HE’S BEEN MARRIED FOR TWO YEARS AND LOOK AT HARUMI! SHE’S HAVING THE FIRST BABY! NOT ME, WONBIN, NOT ME! NOT THE WIFE OF THE GREAT PRINCE WONBIN!” She wept harder and harder, hitting him as much as she could. Wonbin felt sick at himself. He never thought of his wife. He had never seen her point of view. He had never cared for her enough.  He took a moment and watched her hyperventilate. Then, he moved towards her and, for the first time, he embraced her with a loving hug. She kicked him away hard in return.

“DON’T TOUCH ME YOU BASTARD!” She shrieked. The guards took Seohyun into one of the cars and Nayoung followed, sobbing hysterically. Wonbin watched her disappear inside. The car drove off at a high speed, leaving the two brothers standing, lost.

 

***

 

When Nayoung arrived at their prestigious mansion, she helped Seohyun inside. She had regained consciousness on the way there and had completely sobbed the whole way. She was an emotional wreck. Nayoung felt exactly the same.

Inside, Seohyun’s parents were waiting, with another set of parents who looked as emotionless as her own mother and father.

Her parents looked as normal and unfazed as ever. She had been gone for 10 years and they hadn’t looked at her differently, after all that time. They still looked at her like she was a nuisance. Someone to marry off. She truly hated her parents. They didn't ask about her disappearance. They didn't scold her. They didn't hug her, or kiss her. They remained professional and uncaring.

“Welcome back, my dear Nayoung!" Her mother brightly smiled before turning back. Nayoung awkwardly bowed. The duo stood there, waiting for more words. Seohyun felt lower than ever. After a few moments, the mother began speaking once again. "Joohyun, these are your fiancé’s parents.” She said as though it was a bother to even address her. "Though personally I think you're lucky these lovely people still want you as their daughter after your disgraceful stunt." She stood up and ushered her guests towards the exit. The old couple smiled at Seohyun warmly as she expected her own parents to. They left Nayoung in a tricky situation.

After a few moments, another woman came from the hallway. Seohyun glanced at her and noticed she was round and pregnant. She had read on the news somewhere that Jongdae’s wife was pregnant. So this was her beloved brother’s wife. The wife walked over to her with an excited grin.

“Hey, you must be Seohyun! Nice to meet you! Sato Harumi here! Well Sato Kim Jongdae Harumi now, and, aw, sis, we've missed out on bonding! You didn't come to my wedding!” The cute woman frowned in the most adorable way possible. Even though she felt like the lowest person in the world, she couldn’t help but smile back at the beautiful woman weakly. “Let’s take her upstairs before those bastards come back.” She said with a kinder tone towards Nayoung. Seohyun couldn’t help but let out a slight laugh at the girl’s words. Even Nayoung chuckled a little. The trio went towards the steps.

 

Wonbin and Jongdae entered later. They were both speechless at the time Nayoung left, but the moment they entered the car, they were both somehow newly filled with pointless rage. They were stubborn men who never accepted it when they were wrong. Being brought up as though they were right was the problem.

“So, how did you find out about her?” Wonbin asked calmly. He was beyond angry but knew it was now meaningless to beat his brother up any further.

“I used my men.” Jongdae replied. “Searched most of Asia. Didn’t think that she’d be in Korea because I thought that was obvious. Didn’t you search for her?” Jongdae asked his brother.

“How? I’m the oldest son, I have more important things to do that search for a runaway idiot.” He replied bluntly.

“You know, my men found her in Seoul, out of all places.” Jongdae admitted. “She was with a guy. On a date.” He revealed. Wonbin stared at Jongdae, speechless. “His name’s Oh Sehun.” Jongdae shrugged. “The son of Avoco Industries’ president. Makes him important so we can’t harm him.”

Wonbin deflated himself.

“That annoys me.” Wonbin cursed. The two clapped their hands and ordered their butler to fetch red wine as they continued into their mansion towards one of their dining rooms.

“They tried to attack him, but he attacked both of them. Saved her from my men.” Jongdae continued with his story. “I was thinking that it had to be someone important. He was really good. Left one of them with a broken leg.” Wonbin made a face that showed he was impressed. Jongdae chuckled. “Well that doesn’t really matter now. Oh Sehun is her stupid history.” He sighed as the butler arrived with their wine.

“Yeah. You know what? I feel bad for Nayoung.” Wonbin admitted out of the blue. He was not the type to do so. Jongdae was pleasantly surprised. “That she’s not pregnant. I think I might look for another wife.” He shrugged and sipped from his glass. Jongdae placed his cup down, in pure shock.

“Hyung, you know you can’t do that.” Jongdae gasped, shocked. He knew that Nayoung loved Wonbin, and that he once loved her. “That will cause a massive scandal.” Jongdae tried to explain. “She’s the president’s niece, you can’t do something that stupid. She’s practically royalty either way.” Jongdae tried to put some sense into his brother.

“I was kidding.” Wonbin rolled his eyes as he took another sip. Jongdae couldn’t tell with his brother. He was unpredictable. “I guess I’ll finally please our parents with a grandson or daughter.” He stood up. “I’m off to see them.” He walked off leaving Jongdae frozen.

Jongdae loved his wife dearly. He loved Nayoung and Seohyun equally as sisters to him. He couldn’t imagine his life without Nayoung. He really regretted hitting Seohyun. The 10 years of horror, tears and hopelessness had exploded at that point. It was the first- and last- time he would ever hurt her. And for Wonbin to be so heartless was like cutting Jongdae. He left his wine up full and dashed after his brother, feeling terrible.  

When Jongdae reached the bedroom, he entered to find Wonbin sitting on a chair at his desk whilst Nayoung and Harumi tended to Seohyun with love and care. The three women were ignoring their existences. Jongdae sighed and walked over to the bed.

“Seohyun,” he began, falling to his knees tearfully. Suddenly, his eyes were drained from the water he had been holding for so long. Looking at Seohyun gave him all the feelings of the universe. He couldn’t describe how he felt. He felt happy, sad, hurt, afraid, excited, protective, loving, sorry… everything, at once. He grabbed her hand and kissed it for long. “I’m so, so sorry, my little Seohyunnie. Please, forgive me.” He begged her, landing his forehead on her hand.

Seohyun gulped and caressed her brother’s head softly, wondering why she was there. It still felt surreal. She wanted Wufan and Kyungsoo and Minseok and Yixing and… her ‘mother’- the maid who had cared for her. But more than that, she wanted Sehun. She wanted Oh Sehun to take her out from this place and cheer her up. But she knew that would never happen- it could never happen. She felt her tears appear again, refreshed.

“I… I forgive y-you…” Seohyun wept at her brother, not really meaning it. She was really crying at being separated from those she loved. She felt as though Jongdae was saying it without meaning. She didn’t really care if he was sorry or not. She just wanted to be left alone, alone with Nayoung and Harumi- his wife.

“Seohyun,” Wonbin’s voice stammered. Seohyun sat up to see her oldest brother who had never looked at her like a sister. His eyes were red, not from tears, but from holding in his anger. “Now that you’re finally home it’s about time we tell you your fate.” He stated. Nayoung growled.

“Shut up and leave.” Nayoung snarled at him. He ignored her.

“As you know, you’re betrothed to a Chinese Prince.” He began.

“She only just came back and you’re telling her all this?!” Nayoung cut in. Wonbin ignored her again.

“He will be here tonight. You will formally meet him. His name is Zhang Yixing. You’ll be married to him soon, I imagine, now that you’re back.” He walked out of the door with his final words.

Seohyun’s vision went blurry again. She wiped her eyes but there were no tears. Realising how drained she was, just from words, she lay back and closed her eyes, ignoring the kind words of the people around her. As she slipped into her nightmares, she wished that Death could swoop down and take her away.

 

***

 

Dear Seohyun,

I know this is my diary and you'll never read this, since you're gone, but, Seohyun. I...

 

Sehun dropped his pen to the floor and wept hard. He closed his diary and threw it across his room with a cry. He couldn't believe what had happened. That Luhan took her there, just like that. He had argued with Luhan and understood that Seohyun had to go. He didn't blame Luhan for being so heartless like that. It was, after all, what those Princes came for. He felt like it was ironic. He was considered a 'Prince' in their school. It was funny. He was no Prince. And she, Seohyun, the girl he really liked, the girl he wanted, the girl he missed, the girl he was crying for, the girl he yearned for... was his Princess. He continued crying till he fell asleep on his desk.


Man I've turned Wonbin into a heartless JERK in this. I'm sure you all know who he is, right?? Well... This image shows you why I picked Wonbin. Also, in reality, Wonbin is in a relationship with actress Nayoung... and I felt bad for choosing anyone else so I used her name, too. Prince Wonbin and Princess Nayoung xD

On another note... I've literally become a little ill... but don't worry, I WILL finish these edits by latest TOMORROW and then I'm back on traaackeu