We Could.

Should We Call It Fate?
Chapter  9 - We Could.    

Leo was still looking at the crowd, his mind was full of questions. N and Ravi finished their mc-ing and the fanmeeting was officially started. Hongbin had to pull Leo to his seat because no matter how he tried to call him, he didn't respond. His focus was somewhere else. They sat according to the age order, N was on the left side meanwhile Hyuk on the right side. Some staffs came from behind, whispering something to them. The bodyguard had stood by there, in case there's a sasaeng or what. A staff walked to the fans side, telling the first batch to get ready. She opened the chain divider as she asked the first and second seat's fans to form a line.

"Don't push each other, please stand in line !", she exclaimed.

The fans marched, wide smiles could be seen on their face. Most of them brought a paper bag containing gifts for the members. Hyuk opened his marker's cap, greeted the first fan and signed her album. So did the other members. Eejung, Eewon and Byulna lined up together with Byulna being the front. Their turn was getting near, there're only 8 fans left. Byulna finally arrived at Hyuk's, she took out a gift box and handed it to him. Hyuk smiled as he said thank you cheerfully. Moving to Hongbin, Byulna's cheek reddened. She smiled sheepishly while talking to him, Hongbin chuckled and patted her head. Eejung smiled seeing her. "She's really a big fan of him."

Eewon was now standing in front of Hyuk, he put his album on the table. Hyuk gasped, "Woah,annyeong! Are you a Starlight?" Eewon bounced hyperly as he nodded. "What's your name,little boy?", Hyuk asked, ruffling Eewon's hair. "My name is Woo Eewon, Hyung! Hyuk hyung is so cool !", he exclaimed. Hyuk laughed then highfived Eewon. Eejung followed behind him, getting a sign from Hyuk. When she told him her name, he guessed straightly. "Eewon's Noona?" Eejung answered yes. Hyuk smiled, bowing his head slightly.

Eewon got almost the same respond from other members, they were completely amazed seeing a little boy fan. When Eewon reached Ken's place, he seemed very happy. "Ken hyung, I'm your biggest fan! Please sign my album~" Ken did a light gag for him, succeed in making Eewon laughed really hard. "Study well, be a good son and keep being our fan, okay? Especially my fan, hohoho!", Ken patted his shoulder. When Leo saw Eewon, he lowered his head immediately, matching the eye level with him. "Annyeong~ What is your name?", he showed his friendly smile. The fact that Leo really loved children was proven. "Woo Eewon! Your voice is really good, Leo Hyung!"

"Thank you,dear. I still need to improve a lot though", he caressed Eewon's hair softly. Eewon grinned and ran to N's place. Leo looked at him, a bit disappointment in his eyes since he wanted to talk to him more. Eejung stood there, coughing to get his attention. Leo quickly turned his head back, another shock awaited him. "Err, hello", she whispered. Leo paused a bit before taking her album. He lowered his head, still avoiding straight eye contact with Eejung. "H-hello. What's your name?", he stuttered. Thankfully, N and Ken didn't hear him as they were busy with their business.

"Eejung. Woo Eejung", she said it slowly. Leo signed her album, wrote a short message and gave it back to her. Eejung thanked him then she put a paper bag on the table. "It's for you." He unconsciously stared at Eejung, bringing a shiver to her. "For me? A-ah, thank you." Eejung nodded , rushed to N's place or the situation would get more awkward. N smirked a bit seeing Leo's message when he's going to sign on his photo. "Here's it. Thank you!", he said. Eejung smiled as a respond.

"Eewon, kajja~", she held his hand and went back to their seats. She put the album inside her bag, deciding to read the message at home. Eewon and Byulna were busy spazzing together. Look at these two people.

"Are you happy, Eewonie?", she pinched his cheek. He squealed, his mouth kept spilling words about how happy he was. She patted his head lovingly. "That's good."


***

Three hours had passed, the fanmeeting ended successfully. The fans were so happy, they left still with a big smile plastered. VIXX had gone to the backstage, they sat on the floor with pile of gifts in their own box. N took out his gifts one by one, letting out an 'Omo!' everytime he found something he had wanted for so long. Ravi laughed in satisfaction since almost gifts he accepted were snacks. Hongbin and Hyuk compared their gifts to each other. Ken organized the gift he received into a smaller box. Leo ignored the other gifts, he only focused on the paper bag on his lap. He took out the contents, they were his neck pillow, a black wallet and a small card.

Leo chuckled a bit. What a coincidence. He just wanted to buy a new wallet and now he got one. Eejung must have washed the pillow for it smelled like baby scented detergent. Curiously, he opened the card.

Umm, I'm sorry that it took long for me to give it back.
I'm really thankful for what you did for me back at the plane...
..and I don't know what to give you as gift so I brought a wallet.
I hope you like it.
That's all maybe, good luck on your promotion! VIXX jjang!
- Eejung


He couldn't hold his smile. It kept going wide. Fortunately, he snapped back to reality and put on his poker face. It would be a complete catastrophe if that red haired guy saw him. Worser than that movie, The Day After Tomorrow.


***

Arriving home, Eewon immediately ran to his parents and bombarded them with his new experience today. They smiled in a mysterious way hearing him. Eejung walked upstairs, went to her room and threw herself on the bed. It's totally a tiring day, the idea of standing was not really good. She put bandages on her legs, covering bruises the shoes made. Out of the blue, she remembered the message Leo wrote on the album. She dug her bag and took it out. Now, her heartbeat rate increased again, she hit her chest lightly but it didn't work.

"Calm yourself, Woo Eejung. It's just a message for a fan. Nothing special", she suggested herself.

She flipped through pages of the photobook slowly, spending her time more to see the other members' signatures. She admitted she was a coward to open Leo's page. Closing her eyes a bit, she finally opened it. Leo's sign was neatly placed on the left side of his photo. His names was written below it. On the right side, she saw some lines of words. Is it the message?

Hi.. Truthfully, I'm shocked to see you in this fanmeeting.
I thought you were not a fan, maybe?
That neck pillow, you really don't have to give it back..
but you ..nevermind.
I just don't know why I keep meeting you.
Thanks for coming. Please keep supporting VIXX.
- Leo


Her eyes wouldn't move from the message. The second sentence from the last, it stabbed her heart completely. Did it mean he was happy to meet her or on the contrary, he didn't?

Her negative thinking habit came back as she was sure that he didn't. That night, her tears fell uncontrollably, as heavy as the rain pouring outside.


***

 


 

Author's Note.

omona, it's chapter 9 already ;; so sorry if it took so long for me to update, i'll work hard to bring you more updates in the future. 
anyway, thank you for reading and i'm waiting for your comments! don't be silent readers please! ^^