Flashback (part 4)

A silent angel and a spoiled prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong’s POV

 

After 5 minutes of waiting in front of the coffee shop, a black car suddenly appear in front of me; a man in suit come out from the front seat and opened the back door in front of me “Please get in Sungjong-nim” he said.

I flinched for a while, first because I can’t understand how he can be so sure that I was me, and second, by the using of ‘nim’. I never had been addressed as ‘nim’ before.

Back at my apartment, I have a deep thought about what Myungsoo-hyung’s father words earlier. About Myungsoo-hyung back to his old habit again –it’s make me sad and feel guilty- and about how he actually said that he want me to call him ‘Appa’. Interesting, because by one look I know that Myungsoo-hyung’s father is a smart person, I can’t help but think that he had something implicit on his words. As if he ‘agreeed’ my closeness with his son. Even though there is no more closeness right now, but seems like he want me to ‘accompany’ his son. But I think it’s not a matter right now. I had a bigger problem to solve; did I have to pacify Myungsoo-hyung? Did he want me to do that? Would he appreciate if I do that?

But I know I would never have a heart to see him destroying himself.

 

---

 

1AM, I sit at Myungsoo-hyung’s living room, silently doing nothing and light off –which is surprised me at first knowing that he haven’t change his apartment’s lock code- . Myungsoo-hyung wasn’t home yet, might be still at the club partying. 3:50AM when I slightly fallen asleep, I get awakened by the loud sound of the door being opened and closed roughly. I see Myungsoo-hyung walking inside staggered, unfocused and bumped into practically everything. I keep unnoticed, and Myungsoo-hyung didn’t turn on the light too, he just straightly dragging himself to his room.

I wait for about 10minutes, and then I follow him to his room. I sit at his bed side and a strong smell of alcohol is wafted from his body, he look horrible right now, but he is asleep. Thinking about how uncomfortable he must be, sleeping with those outfit, I started to undressed him and brought a wet towel to clean him up. He opens his eyes several times, unconscious and whining every time he feel the wet towel rubbing his body, but he stay still all the time. After I finished clean his up, I put a comfortable shirt and sweat pant on him.

I caressed his hair, playing with a few strands of his fringe and he let a few whimper slip out from his mouth. Feeling sad for him, I hug him immediately. I can feel his body relaxed under my embrace and he settling him head at the crook of my neck, like how he always do before. “I miss you so much” he murmuring, still with closed eyes, just like that I shed my tears on his pillow.

I woke up at 06:30AM and leave still sleeping Myungsoo-hyung alone at his bed. Feeling exhausted and sleepy I fall asleep again at my own apartment.

Suddenly this thing is become a routine for me. Waiting for Myungsoo-hyung at his apartment at night –his arrival time become unpredictable, sometimes he even come home before 10PM, so I make sure that I arrived at his apartment as soon as possible, but sometimes he came home after the sun is rise-, cleaning his up –sometimes he has a vomit stain all over his body- and falling asleep while hugging at him. In the morning, I come home feeling completely exhausted due to lack of sleeping, but sometimes I have to go straight to walk a dog to the park. Until I come to a decision that I can do this anymore, my body is become weak due to lack of sleep and I barely have a time to take care of myself and my health. I have to make a change to my daily activities, so I texted all my client and apologizing for not be able to walk their dog again. And I also quit my job at the café. With this decision, I have to kiss my dream to enter college goodbye.

Once in a while I meet with Myungsoo-hyung’s father at the coffee shop, and the event is always the same, he talking and me listening, once in a while I nod or shook my head, and sometimes –in a rare event- I write a few words for him. Our meeting is never long though, as if he only tries to take a little time –from his busy life- to check on me. And once in a while, with a hesitating tone, he tries to make me receive his money to ‘buy a nice dinner for myself’ –which is the amount is enough for me to buy a dinner for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter