Romantic waves

Another feeling (Jimin fanfic season 2)

I am being dragged between dreams and

reality,

Yet you haven't noticed me.

I am doing my best to make you happy,

but you are blind.

Is friendship blind?

Is love blind?


 

The boat stopped by the island and all the competitors got help from the staff to get off the boat safely. Nara held onto her bag and started to walk on the path made of small stones. Jung Kook walked side by side with Nara without saying anything. It was still awkward and Nara didn't know what to say. Did she have to say anything? No.


 

We are going to win this and then go back home again. Proudly with a trophy in our hands.”, Nara mumbled before opening the door to her hotelroom.


 

Friends.”, Jung Kook suddenly said and deeply stared into Nara's eyes.


 

Friends? What do you mean with that?”, Nara questioned while awkwardly staring at the ground as some other students passed them in the hallway.


 

Nothing. You should go in and get ready for dinner. I will see you there.”, he left her with heavy steps thrue the hallway. He had his room six doors away from her. She felt lonely. Nara and Jung Kook weren't comfortable with each other and she didn't have anyone else to trust and talk to. How were the days going to turn out? If Nara and Jung Kook didn't solve their little fight...the chance of winning would be less.


 

The days went by.


 

The day before the final event the leaders decided to do something special with the students, to play with them. Yes.


 

All the students gathered on the beach where the leaders had lit cosy lights and loud music was playing. Four teams were left in the competition and together they looked at each other, everyone were like big question marks. They weren't there to play games. They were there to compete.


 

The big smiles on the leaders' lips scared Nara.

We have decided to have a little party before the finals, we don't want you to become enemies with the others, this is just for fun.”, Joohyun said, a very handsome leader. But he was too old for Nara anyways. ”It is a dance party.”, LeeAh filled in with a big smile on her perfect, small lips. A dance party? What was that supposed to mean? How comes they would always end up dancing.


”This is how you are going to do it. Find someone to dance with. It can be anyone, but make sure to choose someone with another gender then yourself.”


 

The music started playing. It was such a sad music. A piano music. Was this supposed to be fun?


 

And look who joined us!”, LeeAh exclaimed and pointed towards the direction of the big house they all were sharing. The so called hotel. A bunch of running teenagers came towards them in a fast speed. ”We invited some good dancers from each of your schools. Have fun together now.”, Joohyun shouted and turned up the volume of the slow music.


 

F**k”, Nara mumbled and immediately searched for Jung Kook. Excactly what she feared. Dani ran the quickest she could and jumped into Jung Kook's arms. Nara was standing there, staring at the two happy teenagers. Why. Why was Dani everywhere? When Nara had finally forgotten about her she appeared in front of her eyes again. Then someone grabbed Nara's arm and turned her around.


 

J-hope?!”, Nara exclaimed and realized how long time they had been on the island. Without the rest of their friends. Without contact with the rest of the world.


 

We have missed you Nara.”, J-hope said and hugged Nara tightly. The warm hug made her close her eyes. She had definitly missed him. He was the one who helped her whenever Dani destroyed her life.


 

How comes you came here?”


 

Well, when I heard Dani was coming I thought it would be good if I could come too, I guessed your life would become a hell. I wanted to be here for you then.”. His voice was comforting and your hug turned into a slow, tight dance. Nara leaned her head on J-hope's chest. She really needed him. But she also needed Jung Kook. She really didn't want to loose him. J-hope patted her head.


 

It's time to change partners! Go find someone!”, LeeAh said in a speaker.


 

I guess we have to split up again Nara.”, J-hope said with an excusing face.


 

Thank you.”


 

For what?”


 

For being you.”


 

J-hope's eyes turned round but was quickly pushed away in the big crowd of students searching for a partner.


 

Nara realized again. Nara was standing alone. Staring at the others. But Jung Kook was standing alone now too. Jung Kook met her eyes and he looked distressed. He actually started walking towards Nara.


 

Then.


 

A guy popped up in front of Nara and chuckled. ”Wanna have this dance with me?”, he asked. Nara hesitated a little bit and had to look behind the guy's back if she could she Jung Kook. She saw him. He had found another partner already. Well obviously he was popular. ”Okay sure.”, Nara said, she tried to look happy. She didn't want to sound like a little kid. Time to grow up now Nara. ”What is your name?”, he asked and grabbed Nara's cold hands, yes, they were cold even though the weather was really warm. ”Nara.”, she replied shortly and observed the guy in front of her properly. He was actually one of the contestants in one of the four final teams. His white hair was fluffy and his big, dark brown eyes were warm and had something special in it. Just like J-hope's warm hug, his warm eyes cheered Nara up a little bit. ”And you are?”, Nara questioned, she couldn't just let the question hang empty in the air. He seemed nice. ”My name is Shin Jiho. But call me Xero.”. His big round eyes turned to two lines when he smiled. His eyesmile was cute. Nara and Xero started talking about a lot of things and she decided his personality was just as fluffy as his white hair. He was a dancer, just like herself. But he was more experienced. He had been dancing since a really young age and when the music switched to a more up-beat one he showed some cool dance steps. The flying sand on the beach when he was dancing gave it a really nice effect. Nara was really impressed and started thinking of the time when the members of the dance group BTS helped her getting into the rythm. And not to forget, her bestfriend Soyun.


 

The time was only enough for a few dances. So Nara couldn't dance with Jung Kook.


 

The dancers from the different schools left Jeju island very late on that night. They were going to watch the finals thrue the televisions in school. Nara made sure to give J-hope a proper goodbye hug before he left. Jung Kook was watching them hugging each other but Dani interrupted his awkward staring.


 

I will miss you babe.”, Dani said and kissed Jung Kook on the cheek. Nara and J-hope heard her strange choice of words and looked disgusted at each other which made them giggle. Even Jung Kook didn't know what he was going to answer Dani with. He just awkwardly smiled and tried to laugh.


 

August 14th. 05:30 AM. The final day.

//Beep Beep Beep...//- The sound of an annoying alarm.

Nara sat up in her little bed, it was a nice hotelroom and the sight from the window was incredible. In the corner by the huge windows a big plant stood and stared at her. ”What do you want?”, Nara exclaimed and aimed at the green plant. It made her chuckle. Why did she talk to a plant? Was she going mad? Nara couldn't stop laughing at the tired plant and went to the bathroom to get a glass of water. ”Here you go my friend. Have something to drink.”, she smiled and poured the water into the pot. Thereafter she pulled away the blue curtains from the huge windows and took a deep breath. The sight was so beautiful.


 

Nara couldn't understand that she and Jung Kook was in the final. They could finally go home after this. She didn't know what would happen with them when they would be home again. Would he ignore her like he used to? Hopefully he wouldn't.


 

Loud music was playing. A big camera crew was scattered all over the competition's area to get the best shots. The students gathered. The teams had matching colors of their clothes. The teams were:


 

Blue: Jieun and Kai

Yellow: Krystal and Xero

Green: Minzy and Taemin

Red: Nara and Jung Kook


 

Before it all started Xero waved to Nara and smiled friendly, but the smile quickly turned into a smirk. Suddenly Nara became afraid. She was standing beside Jung Kook, would they be able to do this, despite the awkwardness? Yes. Of course they could do it. Jung Kook laid his hand on Nara's right shoulder. ”We can do this. Let's win.”, he said without making an expression of his face. The sun was burning and the weather was hot. Not good. She would probably become tired very quickly. But she was lucky. The leaders took them to the forest, where the sun couldn't reach them. It was still hot, but better then on the beach.


 

Between all the trees different parts of the route was placed. As quickly as possible they had to run towards one of the four big trees, climb up to the third bransch, grab the flag and climb down. Next they had to run past the tree, find the hidden key in the box which was buried down under the big X on the ground. One of the persons in each team are locked by their foot to the ground in the beginning. That's why the key is needed. Thereafter the other person takes up the key and puts it back in the box. The next step is to roll under the big inclined rock, pick up the flag and run back to start.


 

Litterally the clock started howling and the four contestants started running. Nara was out last so she was locked to the ground. Jung Kook was running side by side with Xero, both of them were very quick. Jung Kook had always been a very good tree climber, ever since they were kids so he easily picked up the flag from the third bransch. Surprisingly Xero was just as fast and they were still side by side. The other two teams had done a bad choice, choosing the girls to start, they barely didn't even reach the bransch before Jung Kook and Xero had found the boxes with the keys. The battle was between Yellow and Red. Orange. Fire. Jung Kook held the key tighly in his fist and ran as fast as he could towards Nara who was ready to be unlocked. Xero was just a little bit quicker then Jung Kook and reached Krystal before. Krystal was out a second before Nara and they tried their hardest to go past the other. Nara rolled under the big rock and pulled out the flag, quickly she ran towards Jung Kook and the finish line. She looked at her left and saw that Krystal was a few metres behind, just a few seconds from her. The red team could win. But then, Nara didn't see the little rock that was placed right in front of her right foot when she took the long steps in her run. She fell right into the finish line and Jung Kook catched her in his arms. Had they lost? Because of Nara? Wait no. They won. Actually the fall was good since Nara had to reach out her arms and in that way her arms reached over the finish line right in time. Jung Kook and Nara were hugging each other between the pantings and happiness were flying thrue their exhausted bodies.


 

It was the last evening on Jeju Island. Nara sat on a little cliff by the sea and watched the waves swallow the beach. The sun was going down and the sky was beautifully pink.


 

We can finally come home tomorrow.”, Jung Kook sat down beside Nara.


 

Yes.”, she answered shortly.


 

What you did today was outstanding! Thanks to you we won.”, Jung Kook exclaimed and smiled which he hadn't done in a while.


 

I didn't do anything. I just did my best. You were the one who killed it in the beginning. You were the one who gave us a good start and I wouldn't have won without you.”, Nara said while looking at the sky. Jung Kook chuckled and stood up. Both of them decided to climb down the cliff and stroll down the beach. Jung Kook dipped his hand in the wather and splashed it on Nara. Shocked she looked at him and determined she ran out in the water and using her two arms she splashed tons of water on Jung Kook. His smirk warned Nara to move out of the water before he would totally splash her down with water. But instead he grabbed Nara in his arms but the sand stopped them from standing up right and both of them fell down in the sand, by the edge of the water. Jung Kook landed on top of Nara and they were staring at each other for a long time. Nara tried to not blush. Even their more private parts touched each other, Jung Kook was really close. The waves from the sea touched their bodies as they were still laying on the ground.

 

Sorry for taking so long writing the next chapter. School has been in the way, but since Christmas holiday is coming up I'm planning to finally finish this fanfic. So soon there will be lots of new chapters^^