It was all just a dream

Another feeling (Jimin fanfic season 2)

Idiot

The sound of the waves, the smell of the sea. Nara closed her eyes as her body was touching the wet sand under her. Jung Kook was still standing astride her, not blinking nor moving his shaking body, they began to become cold. Jung kook then finally moved his hand from the ground to Nara's face, he removed a little hair which covered her shocked eyes. He caressed her cheek, shook his head and sat up. Nara managed to open her eyes. She wanted to ask him so badly, what was he doing? What were they doing? But everytime they seemed to get in this situation Jung Kook always rejected her. Why?


 

Instead of asking Jung Kook, why, she stood up and left him on the beach without looking back. She couldn't handle him closing all possible doors. She was tired of that. Didn't he like her? Was she nothing worth to him?


 

Nara was a professional at questioning herself. Thanks to Jung Kook.


 

//Beep Beep// Annoying alarm again. But this time it was the last time hearing it in her room on Jeju island. Nara didn't knew if she was happy or sad, she was atleast one thing for sure, relieved. She forced her tired legs to kick off the pink blanket with red hearts on and on her feets way down they found the white slippers on the floor. They were warm and fluffy. Nara forced herself to get ready before packing her bag and was just about to brush the last part of her long, brown hair when someone knocked on the door. ”Why would someone knock on my door so early.”, Nara mumbled silently, irritated. She pulled a red, plain t-shirt over her head and slowly opened the door. Jung Kook was standing outside the door and held something in his hand, a yellow bracelet. Nara's yellow bracelet.


 

What do you want?”, Nara asked and sighed. She tried to hide the anger from the day before.


 

I wanted to give you this.”, Jung Kook said with an innocent smile and handed over the yellow bracelet.


 

Why do you have my bracelet?”, Nara questioned and tied the bracelet around her wrist.


 

You must have...dropped it...yesterday...you know...”, Jung Kook hesitated looking into her eyes, he seemed confused.


 

Nara sighed, rolled her eyes and silently they were standing in awkward positions in front of each other. Nara couldn't handle the awkwardness, said goodbye and closed the door. ”Why are you so stupid. I hate you.”, Nara started mumbling again. ”Idiot.”


 

But I love you.


 

The other three teams who lost the competition had slept on the island the last night too and now they were all standing outside the cosy house, located very close to the beautiful beach.


 

Beach. The beach. The moment.


 

Together they walked down the stairs and made their way to the bus. Nara was walking alone and everyone walked behind her, laughing and talking. A few metres away from the bus she saw some trees and bushes. She quickly untied her yellow bracelet and threw it out in the bushes. She dusted off her wrist and neeted her clothes. Ready to go home, forget everything. Everything.


 

The second busride, after leaving the island by boat, was really long. Or atleast Nara thought it felt like years of just sitting in pain on that seat. The smell of chips and coke from the other contestants in the bus disgusted her. Jung Kook was sitting alone in the back of the bus, while Nara was sitting alone in the front.


 

Congratulations on winning! Still can't believe I lost against two students with the age of 16. ”, Xero came from nowhere and sat down on the seat beside her.


 

Haven't you already told me that?”, Nara asked.


 

Yes...but I wanted to tell you again...if that is okay. Because you two were awesome out there!”, Xero exclaimed and made gestures with his bare arms. Nara shrugged her shoulders. ”By the way...what's wrong between you and your teammate?”


 

Nara looked away. She didn't answer, but Xero gave her no choice when he started shaking her shoulders, craving for an answer.


 

Well a while ago we were bestfriends. We had been bestfriends since we were in kindergarten. We have always been together and Jung Kook was the only one I trusted, except my other friend Soyun. He always stood up for me, helped me with everything, supported me. He was the best. But then a new girl came to our class. Her name is Dani. She totally ruined my life. Somehow Jung Kook fell in love with her or something and gave up on being my friend...He started hanging out with Dani more, ignored me, he even ignored Soyun who is also his bestfriend. He started ignoring Jimin, his third and last bestfriend. He has a lot of friends but we four used to be a lot with each other, more then with anyone else. He easier got angry on me. And the thing is, Dani is evil. She hates me and does everything to destroy my relation with Jung Kook and she suceeded. Jung Kook doesn't see her flaws. Everyone does, but he doesn't.”, Nara told him and faced her lap. Her hands were shaking. Xero laid his hand on her lap and smiled, with the cute eyesmile.


 

I promise you two will be bestfriends again. If you two really are bestfriends he shall soon give up on Dani and realize how many flaws she has. And don't forget, he is a boy after all, give him a little time.”, Xero's voice was comfortable to listen to and his white hair was even fluffier today. He smiled towards her again and decided to go back to his seat beside his team partner.


 

Now Nara was alone again. But she wasn't alone for too long since the bus stopped. The students had a break, they could do what they wanted for half an hour, go buy food in the little store or just breath in some fresh air. Then all of a sudden Jung Kook grabbed Nara's hand and led her out of the bus, he kept on walking without looking at her, still holding her cold hand. He was walking very fast and Nara tried her best to keep up but had to slowly run behind him. A forest was located behind the store and Jung Kook headed that way. What was he going to do? Did he know this place? Where was he taking her? In the middle of the forest there was a lonely bench. Jung Kook sat down on it and Nara sat down beside him. Now what. Jung Kook turned his face towards Nara and caressed her cheek. Just like he did that day. That day on the beach. He then leaned closer to Nara, their noses touched. What was he doing? Was he going to kiss her? Yes he was. He pecked her lips but it soon turned out to a more passionate kiss. When they were about to breath Jung Kook whispered ”I love you.”


 

Then Nara woke up. She sat in the bus and it was rolling. It hadn't stopped. It never stopped. Xero was still sitting beside her, sleeping. Wait. Was that just a dream? Jung Kook never kissed her? Nara looked back in the bus and saw Jung Kook sitting alone by the window, he was also sleeping. Nara felt disappointed. Finally when Jung Kook showed her some love it was just a dream.

 

Shorter chapter this time but more will come, next chapter will be up asap!