A hug from behind

Another feeling (Jimin fanfic season 2)

The awakening was painful, she had a headache. Nara slowly opened her heavy eyelids and looked up in the ceiling. She didn't feel very well and had caught a cold. Nara was thinking a while, maybe she was going to stay home from school, then she realised she couldn't. The presentation in korean class had to be done. In order to be a good student Nara decided to go to school anyways. Since she hadn't taken away the makeup from the other day she almost got scared when she checked the mirror. She looked like a ghost with the black marks around her eyes. ”You look horrible Nara.”, she mumbled to herself. Like usual she pulled on the school uniform and quickly went to the bathroom to remove the makeup. ”You even look horrible without the smudged makeup.”, Nara exclaimed in the mirror to herself again. Without hesitating she put on some eyeliner to make her look more alive. Her nose was all red and the mucus was flowing. She really was sick. ”How are you sweety?”, Nara's mother entered the bathroom and got a shock. ”Maybe you should stay home from school, you look horrible. How comes you're sick, you're never sick?”, her mother said and patted Nara's head. ”No I have to go.”, Nara replied and left the bathroom without saying anything more. Quickly she left the house, before her mother was going to hunt after her and force her to stay home and rest.

 

Soyun ran over to Nara as soon as she saw her. Nara was shocked by the big hug Soyun gave her. She barely couldn't breath. Soyun backed off and saw Nara's tired face and red nose. ”Oh Nara...are you feeling okay?”, Soyun exclaimed and had a worrisome look on her face. ”I'm okay...I have just caught a cold. It's not a big deal.”, Nara replied and couldn't hold in the coughs. ”You shouldn't be in school, you should stay home and rest.”, Soyun said and patted Nara's head, just like her mother did earlier. ”No I have this important presentation in the korean class today.”, Nara mumbled while she started to walk. Soyun accompanied her to the classroom instead of nagging at her to go home. She was glad Soyun understood. The only problem left was Jung Kook, she couldn't see his face again after the other day. She was so embarassed.

Before the students were going to start having their presentations the teacher gave them a paper to take home, which had to be signed by their parents. It was about school safety and something more, Nara was too tired to listen to what the teacher said. Jung Kook sat on the other side of the classroom, in the front row. It made her afraid, she didn't want to see his face. ”Okay, let's go with the next presentation. Nara, are you ready?”, the teacher said from nowhere. Wait, someone already finished its presentation? She was totally lost. Nara nodded and stood up, the quick motion made her cough and her eyes were all wet, she barely couldn't see anything. ”Are you sick Nara?”, the teacher asked and sat down by his desk. ”No I'm fine.”, Nara mumbled and nervously neated her clothes in front of the class. Everyone stared at her, waited for her to start talking, except one, Jung Kook. He stared down on his bench, tried to not look at her. She was fine with that. Nara started to talk even though hurted badly.

Suddenly Nara felt dizzy, she couldn't see properly while her head was spinning. Her body started to wobble and her breath got heavier. She couldn't handle it anymore, she couldn't stand in front of the class anymore. ”Excuse me.”, Nara said and tried to run out of the classroom. Since she was so dizzy it was hard for her to stand on her legs, she even fell on the floor some times on her way to find a bathroom, she needed water, but she was too dizzy to even see where she was going. Instead of keep moving she decided to sit down on the floor and rest. The corridor was empty and silent. All the students probably had lessons. Then a shadow sat down beside Nara and handed over a water bottle. Just what she needed. She happily recieved the waterbottle and started to drink from it. The cold, fresh water poured down .

She wasn't dizzy anymore. She could breath. Nara managed to turn her head towards the shadow beside her and sighed when she saw who it was, quickly she turned away again. ”Are you really okay?”, Jung Kook questioned. ”I don't know.”, Nara replied and leaned her head towards the school wall. Both were silent for a while but suddenly Jung Kook stood up and reached out his hand. Nara first looked at the hand and then up to him. ”Let's go somewhere, where you could get a rest.”, Jung Kook said and smiled insecurely. ”Are we just going to skip school?”, Nara exclaimed and stood up without help from him. Jung Kook nodded and started to walk towards the main doors of the school. Nara silently walked behind Jung Kook on their way out of school.

Jung Kook stopped in front of a coffee shop. ”I thought we could order some tea, it will be good for your throat.”, he said and entered the shop. Nara took a seat while her ex-bestfriend ordered tea for her. It was nice of him to bring her there, but she was still mad at him. Why did he suddenly care about her? Did he feel bad for what he had done? Nara just couldn't forgive him. ”Here you go.”, Jung Kook sat down opposite of Nara and handed over the cup of tea. ”Thank you.”, Nara mumbled and started to drink, it was so hot. It burned in , but in a good way. ”Feel better?”, Jung Kook kept looking at her when she drank the tea. No she didn't. Well she stopped coughing and wasn't hurting anymore but her inside was still torn apart, thanks to the person that sat in front of her. Nara shrugged, ”My throat is better...I don't know about the rest though.”. Jung Kook just nodded slowly.

”I think I should get some rest now.”. Both were standing outside Nara's house. ”Yes. Get well soon!”, Jung Kook said and smiled slowly. Nara began to walk but Jung Kook grabbed her arm and made her stop. ”Can I come in to your house? I have nowhere else to go...I shouldn't go back to school and my mother forgot to give back my keys after she borrowed them.”, Jung Kook said and smiled again, but this time, more innocently. What could she possibly say. Obviously he hadn't have a place to stay at. ”Okay.”.

Nara told Jung Kook that he could do whatever he wanted in the house but she was going to be upstairs and sleep. ”It was a while ago I was here...you must have moved some furniture around.”, Jung Kook mumbled. Nara stopped in the stairs and frowned. ”Yeah I wonder why.”, she said determined and kept on walking up again. She was tired and felt like crying, she was almost getting used to it since she felt like that everyday. Maybe she needed a comforting hug. It was warm under the blanket and Nara felt a little bit better. She just wanted the warmth. The warmth from a hug. Then Nara fell asleep. Her dreams bloomed up, she didn't know what the dreams were about, but they were colorful. Suddenly she woke up because she could hear footsteps in the stairs. Nara pretended to sleep when Jung Kook entered her room. Why was he there? Right after she asked herself that question she got the answer. Jung Kook laid down beside Nara on her bed. He put his arms around her and leaned his head on her shoulder. Nara was shocked by his actions but kept pretending to sleep. After a while both fell asleep together.