Yellow

Another feeling (Jimin fanfic season 2)

 

Like you all know it's time for this years big raffle.”, their teacher said and gave each student a little piece of paper to write their names on. Nara wrote her name with small letters and hoped she wouldn't get chosen. What were the raffle about? Every year all schools in this area has a big raffle. Two students in each class get chosen to compete against the other schools in a big competition, held on Jeju island. Nara never got chosen so the chance for her to finally go there was small. She didn't want to compete but had always wanted to visit Jeju island, more known as a paradise. All the students walked over to the teacher's desk, the girls put their names in a big purple bowl and the guys laid their names in a big red bowl. ”Are you ready now? I will randomly pick a piece of paper. As soon as we have chosen the competitors I will have a talk with them and the rest can go home.”, their teacher said and started to shake the red bowl. Slowly she stuck her hand down in the bowl and picked up one of the names. She unfolded the paper and read the name. A smile appeared on her face as she searched in the classroom for the boy that had the honour to compete for his school. ”Jung Kook.”, she said and turned the paper so that everyone could see his written name. Jung Kook immediately looked at the teacher in shock. Was he content or dissatisfied? The teacher congratulated him and started to shake the purple bowl instead. A girl was going to be chosen this time. Nara first wanted to be chosen but when Jung Kook was one of the competitors she immediately changed her mind. ”Who is going to be the lucky girl to spend a whole weekend together with Jung Kook?”, the teacher exclaimed and looked around in the classroom and stared at each one of the girls. She said it like it was going to be a date with Jung Kook which it really wasn't. A little draw and their hyper mentor held another name in her hand. She started to giggle as soon as she read it. ”Nara”, she turned the paper towards the class and smiled. Wait. What. Nara quickly turned her attention to the teacher. She was chosen? Together with Jung Kook. Was it just a coincidence? The last moment she remembered of her ex bestfriend was when she woke up and found him laying behind her. In her bed. What did he do there? Nara was even more angry after that. He didn't have the right to just lay in her bed all of a sudden, especially not when she hated him. Nara sighed silently and insecurely she faced the desk under her. Glances from all around in the classroom, from her classmates made her nervous. When the students were told to go home someone bumped into Nara on the way out. Dani. Determined Nara pouted her lips and crossed her arms. ”Didn't you pay any attention at all?”, someone grabbed Nara's arm and stopped her from walking. ”What?!”, she exclaimed and turned around. The face he gave her made her realise that her tone was a little bit too agressive. ”I'm sorry.”, Nara mumbled and bowed. ”I guess we shouldn't go home before we get all the information about Jeju cup.”, Jung Kook chuckled and led her back to the classroom with his hand around her arm.
 

I can't do this.”, Nara said and walked down the street. Why was she chosen as a competitor? Three days filled with horror. Atleast in her opinion. ”I think it sounds pretty fun!”, Jung Kook laid his hands behind his neck, that typical young man pose. The sun burned the city from bottom to top and Nara felt like melting away. The spring was turning into summer and the birds were all lovey dovey with all lovely twittering. ”Ah isn't it just beautiful here?”, Jung Kook said and breathed out. He was right. All around them the trees were turning green and the grass shone green. A lot of colors started to pop up a little bit everywhere. Colors made Nara happy. Suddenly Jung Kook squatted in front of a lot of flowers. He picked up a yellow, beautiful flower and stood up again. Jung Kook walked towards Nara with the flower in his hand. What was he doing? Nara got a shock when Jung Kook took away the hair from her face with his free hand and put the flower behind her ear. ”You look pretty with yellow.”, he said with a shy smile on his lips. Nara didn't know what to say, she was still in shock after his actions. As Jung Kook started to walk she automatically made her legs follow him.

Days went by and suddenly that Friday came. Yes, that Friday. Nara flew up from her bed as she heard her alarm clock. A bus was going to pick up all the competitiors from her school outside the main school building, at 7 o'clock. Nara's team had red as color. The clothes they were going to wear was red camisoles or t-shirts with black shorts. Nara packed her bag with more then one set of clothes since they could be dirty or wet under the competition. Before leaving her room she walked over to her accessory table. After hesitating she decided to take a pair of earrings and a bracelet. The earrings were yellow, the bracelet was yellow.

After waving goodbye to all the teachers that stood in a row outside the school all the student competitors entered the bus. Nara sat in the back of the bus and Jung Kook sat down beside her. She didn't care, atleast someone wanted to sit with her so she didn't have to sit all alone. All of a sudden Jung Kook started to chuckle. ”What is it?”, Nara whispered and wondered why he was laughing. ”Ah...nothing.”, Jung Kook said between the chuckles. ”Tell me!”, Nara became all serious and shook his shoulder with her right hand. ”No it's nothing!”, Jung Kook started to laugh even harder and made Nara even more curious. ”But noona wants to know!”, Nara made a cute face and pouted her lips. Then she realised what she had just done. That was a reaction she wouldn't had done. Why did she even do that? Jung Kook always used to call Nara noona since she was older then him, even if she was just a few months older. The old good times when they were bestfriends. The old good times when Jung Kook and Nara spent their time together 24/7. Both of them stopped laughing and couldn't face each other again. The awkward atmosphere between them were creating an inconvinient feeling within them both.

 

After a few hours in the bus the students rode a boat to the wonderful Jeju island. Happily all the students were laughing and talking while enjoying the good view, except Nara and Jung Kook. Both sat on each side of the boat with their mobile phones up to their noses. ”HELLO MY FELLOWS!!” a sudden voice shouted from nowhere. A tall girl with perfect eyeliner wings on her eyes and baggy camo pants walked out to the students. Who was she? Nara stared at the girl with big impressed eyes. She was so cool and showed a strong personality. ”I am going to be your team's leader and together we will win!”, the girl said and her long black ponytail flew in rhytm with the wind. ”Maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Haeri and I have been the leader for your school in 3 years now. Hopefully you will have fun and remember, be happy and stay friends!”, Haeri said and clapped her hands. Nara looked at Jung Kook who had the same expression on his face as Nara herself had. Impressed but confused.