Six: New Students.

Let Us Protect You, My Lady.

Heads Up: 

Italics: Your thoughts or indirect messages (ex. Text, Phone and etc.)
Bold: Sound Effects
Red Text: Events happening without you knowing.

 

 

The Next Day

Your alarm woke you up at 6:30AM. You slowly got up from bed and walked to the washroom. You washed up and changed to your uniform. After checking everything, you grabbed your bag and went downstairs to the kitchen. You saw Mr. Kim sitting in his usual seat and reading the newspaper. You went and took your seat and greeted him. “Good morning Mr. Kim!” You said as you sat down. “Ah, Good morning Minyoung, how was your first come back to school yesterday?” Mr. Kim asked. “It was fine. Some stares and glares, but everything was alright.” You chuckled. Mr. Kim stared at you oddly. “Stares and glares? What do you mean?” You sighed. “Some girls… When those Exo guys interact with me, they seem to not like that. Oh well, they won’t affect me.” You said confidently.

Soon the boys started coming down and joining you and Mr. Kim. Maria placed the food down on the table and everyone started eating. “Where’s mom?” Chanyeol asked. “Your mother went early to do some errands.” Mr. Kim told him. “Oh okay.” Chanyeol replied.

“Bye Mr. Kim! We’ll be leaving.” You said. “Okay, have fun at school kids!” All 4 of you went to the car and drove off to school. “Hey Minyoung, we never got to exchange phone numbers.” Kris stated. “Okay, lets exchange.” You announced. You exchanged with Kris and Chanyeol. “You’re not exchanging with her?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun. “I already did yesterday.” Baekhyun said as he stuck his tongue out. “What? Yah, don’t stick that tongue at me! We were only a few minutes apart but I’m still considered your hyung!” Chanyeol said to Baekhyun. “Oh yes big brother, I shall not do it again.” Baekhyun said sarcastically. “Yah!”  You sat there laughing at them bickering. “Okay, okay we’re almost at school. No more fighting.” Kris said to both of the brothers.

You all arrived at school and the car was crowded by students. “What’s happening?!” You asked in confusion. “This happens a lot.” Kris said casually. “Eh? Why didn’t it happen yesterday?” You asked. “It’s because we were dropped off somewhere else. This is the main gate.” Chanyeol told you. “So… how do you guys endure all this? We need to get out.” You said. “Don’t worry, we got back up.” Kris said.

Then soon enough you heard someone shouting. “Okay girls, they need to get out. Give room please.” Suddenly, the crowd separated giving us a clear area around the car. Wow… what will they do if I come out of the car too? “C’mon don’t be afraid of those girls, we’ll protect you.” Baekhyun told you. Protect me…? “Uhm, Thanks guys.”

You were being hesitant but decided to get out of the car. You got out of the car last. Once you got out, all you heard was gasp and yelling.

“What are you doing with them?”

 “Who are you to be with them? I should be there!”

“She shouldn’t be there.”

“Augh, who is she?”

That’s all you heard from various girls. Aish, I am now officially the most hated girl here I’m guessing. “This is just great.” You mumbled. Baekhyun heard you and smiled to you and it made you feel safe somehow. You all walked and were greeted by Suho, Sehun, Tao and Lay. “Guys! Minyoung! Over here!” You have no choice but to go to them with the boys. At the same time you were looking for your friends. Where are they when I need them? “Minyoung noona! Hi!” You turned to the voice and saw Sehun and Tao waving continuously to you. You waved back and smiled. “Hey guys.” “Let’s get to class guys. It’s time for class now anyways.” Suho announced.

You went to class with Baekhyun since you couldn’t find your friends. You guys walked in and all heads were turned to you when you and Baekhyun arrived. You ignored and spotted your friends waving to you. “See you later Minyoung!” Baekhyun said as you nodded as a response. You immediately went to them and sat down. “Where were you guys! I was stuck in some crowd this morning.” You sighed. “Sorry Younggie! I had to finish something early so I came to school early and Seoyeon tagged along.” Sara told you. “Oh, it’s okay then. But I’ve got a lot to tell you guys.” You said to them and the teacher came in. You looked at the teacher and noticed another student following him. “Students! Listen, we have a new student today. Please introduce yourself Howon.” “Yes, my name is Lee Howon, but you can call me Hoya. Since I am new here, please be nice to me.” The boy named Hoya said. You and the new student made eye contact and he gave you a smirk. What is that smirk suppose to mean?! You were busy in your thoughts and just realised that someone was approaching and sat in front of you.

It was the new student.

Now it was time for Art class and you went with your friend Seoyeon. As you were walking you bumped into someone causing you both to drop your books. “I am so sorry!” You said. “No, I’m sorry.” You heard the boy said. You help him get his books while you picked up yours. You looked at him and said “Sorry about that, I’m Park Minyoung by the way.” You told him “It’s okay, I’m Park Myungsoo, but you can call be L for short. Anyway, I got to go to class, see you.” You nodded and just continued walking with your friend.

DING

It was time for lunch and you and Seoyeon meet up with Sara. As you guys were walking someone called you from behind and you turned around. “Oh, Suho!” “Hey Minyoung, do you want to sit and eat with us? You can bring your friends along too.” Well… I see no other tables. I guess we could. “What do you guys think?” You asked your friends. “Sure! Why not?” Sara eagerly said. You chuckled and went towards the table. They left you and your friends some space and you sat beside Baekhyun. Suddenly, you felt uneasy and looked around. There were literally lasers coming at you from the girls. The place suddenly got louder because of all the girl’s insults and gossips.

You sighed. I knew this isn’t a good idea. “Just ignore them Minyoung.” Seoyeon said to you.  You suddenly felt someone hold your shoulder. You looked and Baekhyun looked at you and said, “Just ignore them, you’re our friend! If they do something, we’ll protect you.” You stared at him blankly for a few seconds. “Thank you.”

Hmm Interesting. The person smirked.

Lunch passed by and you are now walking out of class to meet up with Sara. You were on your way to third period after you met up with Sara by her locker. Both of you walked into Language class and took your seats. As you went to your seat, someone familiar caught your eye. Luhan?! He was in this class? “Hey Minyoung.” Luhan said as he saw you. “O-oh hey Luhan.” You widen your eyes as you replied. You then quickly turned and sat down. You faced Sara and questioned her. “You never told me he was in this class!” You whispered. “I thought you knew… Sorry.” Sara looked at you with an apologetic look. You put your head down in frustration. Why, what if this is going to be like déjà vu? Aish. “Hey Luhan!” You heard someone say. “Hey Kris.” You turned and saw Kris. How could I be so blind? He sat there yesterday? Minyoung, you babo. “Younggie, why are you hitting yourself?” Sara asked. “Uh, it’s nothing. Don’t mind me.” You said sheepishly.  You felt a kick on your chair all of the sudden, you turned and saw Kris staring at you. “What’s wrong with you? Did something happen?” Kris asked. “It’s nothing, just something on my mind.” You told him. You glanced at Luhan and both of you made eye contact. You quickly turned around and focused to the front. Act cool, act like nothing happened Minyoung.

The teacher, Professor Oak walked in and tapped on the board with a metre stick to get the student’s attention. “Okay student, time to start class please take your seats. Today I will assign a new project.” Everyone sighed and groaned as they were announced about a new project. On the other hand, you were excited. You missed the feeling of going to school and learning and doing assignments and projects. Your studious self thought the idea was thrilling. “This project will be done in pairs. Instead of giving you the opportunity of choosing because I will know there will be chaos.” The professor said as he stared at the boys in the back. “I personally chose the pairs and there will be no changes. Understood?” The students groaned especially the girls since they can’t try to pair up with the Exo boys. You slightly hoped to be paired up with Sara and not any of the crazy fangirl of Exo. At the same time you didn’t want to be paired up with Luhan. You felt the need to avoid him, since you wouldn’t know how to face him after that confession incident. You suddenly heard the teacher announcing the pairings; you looked at the professor hoping that you wouldn’t be paired with the other girls or Luhan. “Kris is with Suho, Sara will be with Hana, Minyoung is with…” You gulped as he said your name. Not Luhan… please. “Luhan.” You blinked in shock. Eh? Luhan…? You turned back and looked at Luhan. He looked at you with the same blank face you are having. You looked down and turned back to the front. Sigh, I guess we’re partnered up for this project. You heard girls talking about you again.

“She’s partnered with Luhan? Is she trying to seduce him too?!” You just sat there and sighed.

“I can’t believe I’m not partnered up with Younggie!” Sara said as she whined. Sara whispered, “I honestly don’t want to be the drama queen Hana, it would want to either be with you or at least a guy. Younggie save me!” “Eh? You should save me! I’m partnered with Luhan here… Don’t you remember how I confessed to him a year ago? How am I supposed to face him?” You whispered back as you shook your head. “Oh right, we’ll just have to get through this, but who knows? Maybe you still like him. Now that I think about it, this is your first time partnered up with him for something.” Sara whispered as she winked. “What? Nah, well… I’m not sure about still liking him—” The professor interrupted and told the students to sit with their partners. Sara looked at you with her face scrunch up and mouthed ‘Save me.’ You laughed and mouthed ‘Have fun’. Sara looked at you and stuck her tongue and left. You were being hesitant to go to Luhan but you stood up anyway. You were about to take your stuff and sit at the back where Luhan is, but a pair of hands stopped you. You flinched a bit and looked back, it was Luhan. “It’s okay; I’ll sit here with you, since your friend had already moved over there.” He said to you. You were blank for a few seconds but just nodded back. You stared at him as he sat in Sara’s seat. “Aren’t you going to sit?” Luhan asked you. “Ah y-yeah, I’ll sit.” You sat down and straightened yourself. This is the first time we were ever partnered… Maybe Sara is right. But... Do I still like him? You questioned yourself but you were interrupted as Luhan spoke. “I wonder what the project is. Are you curious too?” “Y-yeah, I’m curious.” You stuttered.

Then, Professor Oak started speaking, “Okay, now that all of you are settled, this project will be about the study of different languages. You will research about the history of the languages from different country and will hand in your report by the end of this week. You may make a poster as a visual but a report will have to be included. You don’t have to make a poster, but it is recommended to get a high mark. I have the countries and their languages posted on the board, now discuss with your partners and starting tomorrow’s class, it will be first come first serve. You have 10 minutes left of class to decide which you want to do.”
So there’s, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Vietnamese, French, Thai, Korean, English and German. I want to do it on Japanese. “So which do you want to do Minyoung?” Luhan asked. “Well… I want to do Japanese. What about you?” You said. “Okay, let’s do Japanese. I want to do that too” Luhan said as he smiled.

Thump Thump Thump

He smiled… Why is my heart reacting this way? Does this mean… I still like him? Aish Minyoung! Calm down. “So, we should go to class early tomorrow and get our choices confirmed with Professor.” Luhan said. “Y-yeah, we should.” You stuttered.

DING

“I guess it’s the end of class. See you Minyoung.” “Okay, bye Luhan” Both of you stood up and walked out of the class. You said bye to Sara and left to Music class. You first took your drum sticks and left to the music place. You remember your way to the music room and found the place. You smiled in content and walked in. You saw Chen talking to Chanyeol at the back near the drum set as you walked there. Chen saw you and greeted, “Hey Minyoung!” “Hey guys!” You said to them. You sat down at the drums and the teacher came in with a familiar looking student. “Okay, there is a new student here today, his name is Park Myungsoo. Please greet yourself Myungsoo.” Hm? Park Myungsoo? Didn’t I bump into him today? “Hello, my name is Park Myungsoo but you can call me L for short.” L said. “Okay L, I see you play guitar, please take your seat near the back.” The teacher said to him. Although the music class is a fairly small class, there are still girls in the class swooning over the new student. You looked at him and noticed that he is fairly handsome. It’s no surprise to you that the girl would swoon over his looks. He walked by the side to the back and made eye contact with you. “Oh! Minyoung right? I guess we have the same music class.” L said as he saw you. “Yeah, I guess we do.” You chuckled. “So you’re new here? I just started school here yesterday.” You told him. “Really? So you’re a new student too?” L asked as he sat down next to you. “Not really, I came to this school already, but I stopped for about a year and now I’m back in school.” You replied. L nodded and as he was about to talk, the teacher interrupted and started the lesson. “Well it was nice meeting you” You whispered as you smiled.

-

[A/N] Man, finally I updated chapter 6 eh? xD
I know. I'm such a sloth. So slow D: 

I had work and it's also summer vacation for me so I had alot of family plans xD
I can't promise that I would update chapter 7 soon, but I'll try ^^

SOO  how'd you guys like it so far? it's pretty boring, I know D: but it'll get better!

And yes, unexpectedly I added L and Hoya ^^ but they will play a special role in this story too ;) 

Also; I sincerly bow to those other writers out there. My first time writing and I already got writers' block o_o LOL how do you guys write such amazing stories...

But I'm willing to finish this first fanfic of mine though! So no worries. :D

soooooooo yeah, hope you enjoy so far! :D