Three: Another Start

Let Us Protect You, My Lady.

Heads Up: 

Italics: Your thoughts or indirect messages (ex. Text, Phone and etc.)
Bold: Sound Effects
Red Text: Events happening without you knowing.

 

 

Morning

The lights shone on your face, distracting you from your sleep. You looked around your surroundings with confusion. Then realization hit you, you are now sleeping in your own bedroom in Mr. Kim’s house. Right, I moved in last night because of that sudden intruder.

You checked the clock; it was 6:27AM. You decided to get up and went to the washroom to wash up. When you were done, you went out of the washroom and decided to unpack your stuff. You walked into the walk-in closet and placed your clothes neatly onto the racks and your accessory in the little drawers that were placed in the middle of the walk-in closet. When you finished, you went to put some of your books and stationary stuff along with some of your photo albums onto the new table in your room. After about 30 minutes of unpacking, you decided to take a stroll around the house to get use to the place. As you got out, you saw someone getting out of their room next to yours. You looked at him and realize it was Baekhyun. “Baekhyun?” “Hmm? Oh Minyoung! Good morning” He said with a cheeky smile. “Good morning.” You replied. “What are you doing so early?” He asked. “I’m just about to go around the house. Just to get use to the surroundings you know.” You told him. “Ah, do you need someone to help you tour around the house then?” You were being hesitant but ended up needing company in touring the house anyways, so you decided to accept the offer. “Yeah, if it doesn’t bother you.” “It’s okay! I told you if you need help just come to any of us.” Baekhyun smiled.

Baekhyun started showing you the first floor of the house first. He went to the kitchen and showed you where people usually eat and the living rooms. He then moved to the back of the house showing you the garden. You were amazed by the flowers and how the garden was formed. It was totally fantasy like.

Next, Baekhyun showed you the finished basement that had a pool table and little arcade games. You stayed there playing games and started playing pool with Baekhyun with him losing to you many times. After you guys were done, you checked the clock and it was already 7:49AM. You and Baekhyun started to head up to the kitchen to eat breakfast. As you guys went to the kitchen, there was already food placed and Mr. Kim was already seated there reading the newspaper in his hands. He was surprised to see that you were already awake and happy that Baekhyun had companied you. “Minyoung! Baekhyun! Come sit and eat.” Both of you guys sat when Mr. Kim gestured. Not long after that, Mrs. Kim came with more food and placed it on the table and sat down after. Soon, Kris and Chanyeol came to join and everyone started to dig in. You looked at the plate full of food; you were amazed by the nicely cooked eggs and bacon. You haven’t had proper food for months, knowing any teenager trying to live off on their own; you only ate instant foods most of the time during the 5 month period.

You immediately devoured the food in front of you while savouring the delicious taste in your mouth. Ah, this is absolutely heaven, delicious food. “Minyoung, slow down, you are going to choke.” Mr. Kim said while chuckling. “I miss seeing you eat like this whenever I come visit you and your parents.” “Oh, hahaha, sorry it’s just I haven’t been eating proper food during those 5 months.” You told him.

As everyone was about to finish eating, Mr. Kim started speaking. “Minyoung, do you want to finish your education?” You stared as Mr. Kim asked you this. “Yes I do.” You answered to him. “Okay then, I’ll try to transfer you into KyungNam High.” “KyungNam High?” “Yes, my boys are going to that school too, so you won’t be alone when you go. I’ll get you transferred in before tomorrow so you can start school tomorrow with the boys okay?” They went to the same school as me? Since when… how come I never noticed them? Hmm, maybe because I haven’t went to school in a while. “Thank you so much Mr. Kim!”  You exclaimed with happiness. With the excitement of going to back to school, you were smiling the whole time during breakfast time. You couldn’t help but feel really grateful to Mr. Kim and his family. After 5 months of suffering alone, you were finally living in a house that’s not so empty anymore, but there are still times where you miss your parents dearly.

When everyone was done eating, they all went to their respected rooms. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim had gone to their workplace right after finishing. The boys on the other hand were getting ready for school and left at 8:00AM. You were now home alone along with the maid that was in the house cleaning. She looked around in her late thirties, although she still seemed really young.

“Do you need help cleaning, Miss…?” “Just call me Maria. I’ll be fine with cleaning; you can just rest Miss Minyoung.” “You don’t have to call me Miss Minyoung, just call me Minyoung” You told her with a smile. “Alright, Minyoung. You decided to go upstairs to your room and began to lie in bed. You were bored so you decided to text your friends about the news.

Guys~ I’ll be starting school again! Also, I moved last night but didn’t have the time to text you guys about it. Sorry :s
-Minyoung.

BUZZ

You’re going to KyungNam again?  YAY! And you moved in last night? Didn’t you say you were going to move in today? O: ?
-Seoyeon.

Yay! We can hang again! So how was the moving? And you didn’t tell me the address and if Mr. Kim has and son missy!
-Sara

You chuckled at their responses. Oh Sara, how do we fix this boy obsess disease of hers?

Well, there was this sudden intruder in my apartment last night, so I didn’t feel safe and decided to move right then. And Sara, to blown your mind off, Mr. Kim has 3 sons and they all go to the same school. O: Which I did not know until today. Plus, I’ll let you guys visit where I live now next time. I’m going to go to my work place now! I’m going to start school tomorrow by the way!
-Minyoung.

BUZZ

EH?! Sudden intruder? What exactly happened Younggie! You have to tell us what happened okay? 3 boys? And they go to our school O: that’s interesting! Point them out tomorrow okay?!
-Sara.

What? Intruder? How? Okay. Tell us tomorrow when all three of us meet! Hopefully we’ll be in the same classes! And I’m sure Sara will be excited over the boys. Later!
-Seoyeon.

You chucked. Oh, Sara. There she goes with her boy obsesses.

After done texting, you went to change to get ready for your part-time job. It was already 9:24 AM; you checked everything and went downstairs. You told Maria that you were going to work and left the house. You bused to Inspirit Café and arrived on time. You greeted the workers and went to the back to change to your uniform.

You were busy taking orders for customers and when you were done with one customer you went to another one. As you were walking by, a person grabbed your wrist and you stared at them with confusion. The person then let go and said, “Ah sorry, I thought you were someone else.” “Oh no, it’s okay.” That was odd. You shrugged the thought away and continued to work.

Beep Beep
She’s working at Inspirit Café. And I’m positive it’s her.
[On the other line]
Good work.
Beep Beep

It was now 4:00PM and there's just about an hour left before your shift is done. There were barely any customers left, just students and some adults.

DING

You stood up and greeted the customer. You realized it was Kris along with another friend that you were familiar with. “Kris? And Kai?” Kai knows Kris? And what is he doing here. “Oh Minyoung, I didn’t know you worked here.” Kai said. Kai was Sara’s boyfriend, but they broke up because he wasn’t the type for her. You barely knew Kai but you guys knew each other through Sara. Sara once told her Kai is a real flirt and you experienced it once when he tried to kiss your hand as a greeting. You shivered at the thought. “Yeah, I worked here for awhile now.” You replied. Kris just stared at you and Kai confusingly not knowing that you guys knew each other. “Anyway, what do you guys want to order for today?” “I’ll have a Caramel mocha.” Kris stated. “I’ll have that too Minyoung.” “Okay, your order will be here in a sec.” You went to to the front table and told one of the workers to make 2 Caramel mocha.

After a few minutes you brought the Caramel mocha to Kris and Kai. You checked the time and it was 4:57PM now so you went to the back to change back to your normal clothes. You told the manager about changing your shifts because you were going back to school, so he gave you your new time shifts, you thanked him and you left. You told Kris that you were going to leave first but to your surprise, he said he said he is going back with you. Although Kai was confused, he shrugged off the thought and told both of you goodbye.

It was just 5:00PM but it was already dark as the sun had already set. The bus ride back was awkward, and you notice that Kris doesn’t speak much so you decided to start the conversation. “Kris, how do you know Kai?” “I would ask the same to you.” He replied. “Well I know him because he dated my best friend 2 years ago.” “Oh he did? Well, Kai is one of our closest friends along with 8 others.” “Our? So Baekhyun and Chanyeol know him too?” “Mmhmm.”  “So Kris, all three of you guys went to the same school as me before, how come I’ve never seen you guys?” You asked him. “I guess we never spoke or seen each other? But I’m sure dad will have you transferred with us in some of your classes. So, we’ll probably see each other more often now.” He told you as you nodded. Soon the bus has arrived to your destination; you and Kris started to get off the bus and walked to the house. It was about a 5 minute walk to the house from the bus stop.

You guys had arrived home safely and both of you went to your respected rooms. You went to wash up and change back to your comfortable clothes. You were now lying in your bed, and then you heard a knock on the door. Mrs. Kim walked in with some pair of clothing and a backpack in her hand. “Minyoung, my husband has already transferred you into the school today, so I got you your uniform and bought a backpack for you start school again!” She told you as she smiled. “Thank you so much Mrs. Kim!” “If you need anything just knock on our door or ask the boys for help. Dinner will be ready soon okay Minyoung?” “Okay, thank you again Mrs. Kim.” Mrs. Kim left the room while closing the door on the way. You stared at the uniform with awe. How I miss wearing this uniform. I’ll be going back to school tomorrow, how exciting! You smiled at the thought of going back to school and finishing your education without worrying about getting money to continue. You felt really grateful to Mr. Kim and his family.

It was now 6:30PM; you went down as you heard Mrs. Kim call everyone to eat dinner. You went down and sat in the same seat you sat in the morning and waited for everyone else to come down. Mrs. Kim placed all the food with the help of Maria. Then eventually everyone had come and started to chow down.

“Minyoung, I have already transferred you into the school, all you have to do tomorrow is get your new schedule in the office tomorrow. I placed you in specific classes to match with some of your friends and my son’s schedule.” Mr. Kim told you. “Thank you Mr. Kim! I don’t know how to repay you all.” You said. “Oh no, no need to repay us, we're like family now.”

Family?

The word ‘Family’ just kept on replaying in your head. The thought of having a family again made you happy. Soon enough everyone was done eating their meal and you decide to help clean the dishes with Maria. “You don’t have to do this Minyoung.” Maria told you. “It’s okay, I want to help. I’m doing nothing anyways.” “You have to prepare for your first day back to school Minyoung; I can take over from here.” Maria assured you. “Okay, if you say so. Good night Maria!” Good night Minyoung. Maria smiled.

You went to the room and started preparing for you first day back to school. You took all your notebooks and stationary stuff into your new backpack. You left the backpack next to the door along with the uniform hanging above it. You stared at it with content and decided to take a shower. After taking a shower, you dried your hair and went to the bed.

BUZZ

Your phone vibrated and there were messages from Sara.

Yah Younggie! You ready for school tomorrow? I can’t wait for the three of us to hang again! Hope you are getting your beauty sleep before your big day tomorrow! Hope we get classes together!
-Sara.

Of course I’m ready! Mr. Kim to get my schedule in the office tomorrow, I’ll text you and Seoyeon my classes then. You’re right, I’m going to go to sleep and get my beauty sleep :D See you tomorrow! Nights.
-Minyoung.

After texting, you decided to turn off the lights and fall to sleep.

-

[A/N] There you go! Third Chapter here! Thank you to those new readers to this story :) It brings joy to me that people are actually reading it, keke. Kai is now introduced. The other members will be revealed soon. Might make a double update! If not, I will probably post the next chapter the next following day :) Hope you enjoy so far!