Be Your Man

Powers

"Am-"

"No."

"Amber, please, listen to me."

"I said no, Kibum. Once was more than enough time for you to completely shatter my trust," she turned around slowly, the basketball that had once bellowed loudly on the court dropped from her hands. A sad, pitiful smile registered into his mind. 

"No. Amber, you're not really doing this to me. Please tell me-"

"We're over, Kim Kibum." 

 

 

Staring out into the bland, known landscape outside the cafe's windows, Amber dropped her head onto her hands as a single tear trailed down her cheek. Those downcasted, overly-analyzing orbs tell more than just a simple breakup, but at that moment, she wondered if she made the right decision. 

 

 

"I don't get it, jie jie. What have I done to deserved this?" Amber questioned the older girl as they sat on opposite sides of the bed, the TV having just been coincidentally turned toward his interview. Victoria stared at the figure in front of her with confusion, not knowing where the strong tomboy she has always known had gone to. 

"Liu Yiyun, what the hell is going on? You've been crying nonstop ever since we got onto that airplane yesterday, and the rest of the girls and I had managed to convince our managers it was just jetlag and mood wings, but what the hell happened between you and Kibum?" 

"W-unnie..." the vulnerable girl trailed off, catching her breath inside as she couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence. Reaching her arms for the pillow nearby, Amber embraced it tightly before she took a deep breath. "...He...He's getting marry..."

Eyes widening in pure shock, Victoria launched herself at the girl she grew to considered as her baby sister and hugged her fragile form. "Oh Amber," she sighed, patting her back comfortingly, "so that story was true then. He got some girl pregnant and he's taking responsibility..."

"...Unnie, it's not fair. He promised me," the tomboy said as she stared distantly at the mark left behind on her ring finger, "he promised me a future. He promised...we often stayed up late at night...d-dreaming...we were...gonna make-it...come true..."

"Oh god, what has he done to you..." Victoria stated, shaking her head as she tightened her embrace. Even though it was wrong, even though he shouldn't have done anything to hurt her precious Amber, she couldn't do anything. It was against her moral to take an unborn child's father away from him or her. And Victoria knew Kibum would leave the other girl's side in a heartbeat if given the chance...but she wasn't going to tell Amber. It was for her own good after all...

 

 

"Get out, Kibum."

"Noona, please, I need to talk to her. Noona, give me a chance. I have to explain!"

"There's nothing more to be said, Kim Kibum. If you don't leave the property this instance, I'm calling the security guard!" Victoria was prepared to slam the door in his face, but Kibum sacrificed his foot to stop the incoming door.

"Noona, listen to me. That other girl was a liar! A filthy, serial liar who deceived the whole media!"

Stopping herself from punching the light out of the boy in front of her, Victoria crossed her arms with a scowl visibly presented on her face. "Explain yourself."

"My family and I managed to convince her to go get an ultrasound, and when we came there to meet her, she broke down and confessed that she wasn't really pregnant and was just lying in order to marry me."

"And?"

"And-And I rushed over here as soon as I heard to tell Amber! I have to tell her, noona! Just...just 1 minute is fine."

"You cheated on her, Kibum. That cannot be explain, can it?"

"N-No but I swear...I'm a changed man!"

"...Goodbye, Kim ssi. Don't ever come back here."

 

 

"And.....CUT!" The director yelled out as he slammed the clapperboard down to signal the ending of the first episode. "Good job, guys!"

"Kamsamhamnida!" Key, Victoria, and Amber yelled out as they snapped back to reality. The three were amazingly absorbed in their scripts that day, and there was an unknown tension in the air as the three procceeded to never once spoke a word to each other outside of the filming. 

"Amber ah, do you need a ride back today?" Victoria broke the string of unsaid words that day casually, packing up her bag as her manager awaited. Shaking her head, Amber smiled and hooked her arm around Key.

"I'm going home with Key oppa today, unnie. Do you want to meet us for dinner though? I heard Soojung and Sunyoung ah are free tonight also, so maybe we can have a night's out for old time sake!"

"...You're making us sound really old, Amber Liu," Victoria playfully scowled as she reached over to ruffle the tomboy's hair. "Alright, I'll meet you two there with Soojungie and Sunyoung ah."

"Bye, noona!" Key and Amber called out as Victoria whipped around and walked out of the studio like the sophisticated model and actress that she is. Except...

"Noona!""Unnie!" Two synchronized voices screamed in terror the moment their precious 'big sister' clumsily tripped over a camera cord that was laying on the ground and ended up flat in, thanks god, her manager's arms. 

"NOBODY SAW ANYTHING!" Victoria pointed into the air with pretended poise before she ran out of the door with an embarrassed smile and haste goodbyes to the other staff in the room. 

 

 

 

"Key, we'll never be like that in real life, right? Cheating on each other just isn't right," Amber shook her head as she tightened her grip on her boyfriend's arm as though she was fearful of losing him. 

"Actually..." Key started, looking away from Amber as he fumbled inside his pocket.

Turning her head as fast as lightening, Amber's eyes flashed pain when she registered what he just said. "...I can't believe you!"

"Hey, Am, calm down," the SHINee's rapper intervened too late as she flung his hand away and stepped backward slowly. "Amber Liu! Let me finish!" Key protested but his words went in one ear, and out of the other. 

"Jinja, you're impossible to surprise, aren't you," Key sighed but the small smile that was peeking out from underneath was unmistakable. Dropping down onto one knee, the man slid a small, softly decorated velvet box from his pocket and opened the small layer that kept her from seeing what was really underneath. 

"Oh...My...Gosh..." Amber gasped in shock as she stood stock still, staring at the spectable in front of her. By now, a small crowd had gathered around the couple to witness the important moment, but the two celebrities were too wrapped up in each other to notice. 

"Key, I...are you sure?" She hesitated, staring into his eyes with silent communication.

"Amber Liu, you're the best thing that had ever happened to me. Doing the drama with you, using our real names, brought an unknown fear in me that somehow, someday, we may turned out like them. I'm afraid of it. I'm afraid of losing you, and I can't imagine you in someone else's arms. You got me wrapped around your finger without either of us noticing, but strangely enough, I don't mind it at all. I want to be your man, Amber. I want to be there for you in tough times but also to share your happiness. I want to be able to call you mine forever..." he confessed, blurting out the words as his face grew warmer and redder by the second. Amber, meanwhile, listened with the same intensity as when she composed music, but as he goes on, she evidently melted along with the sweet, syrupy words he let out and she allowed herself to be taken in by him. 

Leaning down toward him, she pressed a light peck against his forehead before looking at him teasingly. "Geez, you're such a dork, Key. But remember, you're my ad0rable dork, aren't you?" She smiled slyly as she let him to take her hand and slid the band of promise into it, labelling her as taken, and more than that, his

 

 


Alright guys, it's official. After SEVENTEEN, I'll be doing a 10-chapters sequel saga where you, my dear friends, can request for an afterstory to any of the one-shot I've already written. You may also requested for a completely separate story from the ones posted, but...

It's up to you! As thanks for your support of all these years, feel free to request to your heart's content.

But also, it's that time again. Who shall I do after SEVENTEEN? Who shall start Chapter 101?

 

BTOB vs. B1A4 

AS4U Season 3 vs. AS4U Season 4