Love Run

Powers

Love Run

She remembered the day they first met.

She remembered the day they first held hands.

She remembered the day he first asked her out.

She remembered the day they first kiss.

But most importantly, she remembered the day when he first broke her heart.

She remembered it clearly, as though it was a never-ending dream. The world came crashing down as he casually threw out the poisonous words with no remorse. She knew what she had gotten into when she first met him, but she didn’t know it was this hurtful to be the victim of his anger. Of his madness. And of his uncontrollable emotions.

There was nothing she could do, however, as they were both celebrities with paparazzi following them 24/7. Nonetheless, she wanted to lash out at him. To blamed him. To cry. And to be comfort. But she couldn’t do what any other girl would have done as she has an image to keep. She was constantly in the public’s eyes, and one wrong move could cost her not only her dream career, but also her friends.

No, it wasn’t as though she couldn’t have taken a day off. She did. However, fate seemed to like playing a cruel joke on her as she read the scripts of the day. Infinite...the name rang in her mind as she could felt her memories flashbacked to many moments ago when she was still happy. Hoya...the cruel man who had broken her heart. And also the exact same man who had played with her as though she was a puppet on a string.

Picking up her phone, she looked through her contact frantically with worries. “Please pick up…” she muttered as she paced around the room.

“Hello?”

“Sunyoung!” she called out with relief, her voice slightly cracking. It was a sign that she needed to take a break from work. From this. From everything.

“Amber unnie? Are you okay?” Luna asked over the phone, her voice a bit more high-pitched than usual.

“I’m not fine, Sunyoung-ah,” Amber had remembered replying, but she wasn’t so sure now. “He’s coming. Infinite is coming...and I don’t think I c-ca-” she stopped, but it was enough for the younger girl to understood what was going on.

“I’m coming right away.” Luna said, “Please tell the producer that I’ll be replacing you for the day. It should be fine since you got an excuse anyway.” she reassured her unnie and Amber agreed, ending the call.

 

“Unnie!” Luna called out as she ran across the lobby and hugged the older girl before she could even respond properly.

“Sunyoung, I feel sick.” Amber mumbled, her voice surprisingly fragile for someone who’s usually so carefree and strong-willed. But it just proved to Luna how much her unnie was suffering.

“Unnie, I’ll take over for you. You told the PD right?”

“Yeah I did, but we should probably go and tell him again just to make sure.” Amber nodded with a slight, forced smile before grabbing Luna’s hand and dragging her toward A Song For You’s filming site. Just as luck would have it, the group she dreaded the most was walking toward her, all 7 of them shining brilliantly.

“This is bad…” Luna whispered, trailing off as she saw how her unnie shuffled to get behind her. Which had never happened before as the older girl was usually the one to go up to groups and greet them.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the 7 boys called out with happy, genuine smiles.

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo,” Luna greeted, flashing back a bright smile of her own.

“Annyeong,” Amber nodded at them with a small grin. But the ones that were closed to her could tell that her complexion was paler than usual and that she was gripping Luna’s jacket sleeve too tightly

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo seemed to have asked as he looked at her with worried eyes. Amber silently nodded with a reassuring smile.

 

“Long time no see, Amber ah!” Hoya turned to the girl with a smirk, and Amber flinched in surprise. Glaring at the man, she smiled coldly. “Long time no see, Hoya-ssi.” she said before she turned and dragged Luna past the group, showing no discretion as to her hatred of the said man.

Hoya, slightly frightened by his ex’s icy demeanor, stalked after her but was stopped by Dongwoo. “Don’t do it,” the latter man said, “You will just make it worse. You had messed up enough already.”

“B-But-” Hoya stuttered as he pointed at the direction the two girls had walked toward. However, with a single glare from the usually sympathetic leader, he shut up and followed the others toward their dressing room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re not enough for me, Amber. You said you know what you want. You said you would be willing to listen to me, but you don’t at all!” he shouted, his eyes glaring at her through the anger...one that was not her fault.

“But oppa! You don’t listen to me either. You never does!” she had shouted back, different emotions flickering through her hazel eyes. “You always assumed that you are superior, but let me tell you, you are not! I am me, and you can’t change that fact no matter what. I thought you understood me when we got together. But clearly you don’t, and I won’t change myself for someone as selfish as you!” she stared back with equal aggressiveness.

“Well guess what, Amber? I don’t need you.” He said with a clear voice, his anger slowly reaching its boiling point. “You are not my ideal type. You never was. And what I did was just a dare. A stupid dare that I should have never done because you are obviously not even worth being here!”

 

The moment those words were out of his mouth, he knew he took it too far. It was in the heat of the moment that he had sputtered out those words, but one look into her eyes, and he knew.

 

“...I’m done.” Amber said silently as she gathered up the bags and walked out of his place with not even a single glance back. No look, no nothing. It was over. He messed up. But he couldn’t apologize and beg her to stay as his ego was too big to stoop down that low, even if it was for the woman he loves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She hated him. She hate the way he looked so casual as he greeted her. She hate the way he had given her that triumphant smirk of his that had always make her laugh before. She hate how he didn’t seem to care. She hated it. She hated them. She hated him...but there was a part of her that wasn’t willing to give up.

 

“Unnie…” Luna trailed behind the girl, full of worries. It wasn’t as though it was the first time Amber had kept quiet to herself like this, but it scared her to see how frosty Amber was acting, while at the same time silently hurting inside.

 

“Unnie!” Luna grabbed Amber’s arm and shook the girl harshly, attracting the attention of nearby people. “It’s over, unnie. He know what he did wrong. You said what you wanted. Now it’s time to move on!” she said sternly, “But you need to be true to yourself too, unnie. I know you’re sad, I know you’re depressed, but you’re not showing it…” her voice turned soft as she looked into Amber’s eyes.

 

“Sunyoung, you know as well as I, that it’s impossible to do that. I’m Amber. I’m supposed to be friendly. Chilled. Relaxed...And not an emotional mess like this!” Amber retaliated, raising her voice more than she intended to.

 

Luna shook her head as they arrived at the filming site. “Annyeonghaseyo!” she greeted the filming crew cheerfully and walked over to explained the situation, adding in a few lies here and there. A few minutes later, she came back and dragged Amber to their own dressing room. The moment all the stylists were out and there was no one else there beside the two, Amber slid onto the floor and quietly sobbed. Her small frame shook and Luna could only looked on as her unnie cried her eyes out.


 

*While filming was happening*

Amber opened her eyes and stared blankly into the haziness of the room. The light was blurry, and she couldn’t tell what was going on.

Turning around to look at the surrounding, she realized that she had somehow fallen asleep while crying her heart out. But weirdly enough, instead of being on the floor, she had been moved to the sofa nearby, and a blanket was placed over her to kept her warm.

“Who could have…?” she questioned the quiet room and a series of gasps proceed to be let out from the throats of the people that were in the room.

“Unnie!” Krystal had called out as she ran over to hugged the confused girl. “Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you want some ice cream? Or chocolate?” she fired the questions out and all Amber could do was stared at the maknae with wide eyes.

“Oh c’mon Soojung ah. Don’t be like that. I’m sure Amber can use some help rinsing her face out, no?” Victoria stood up from her chair and pulled the tomboy up from her ‘bed’ before pushing her into the built-in bathroom. Lifting her head up, Amber could see the tear strain and she couldn’t help but burst into laughter. Seeing the tear-stricken face of herself was hilarious, but the irony of the situation had finally dawned upon her. Here she was, crying over a man who obviously did not deserve all this sa-

“Amber, thanks God Hoya carried you to the sofa.” Victoria sighed with relief as she went over to hugged the younger girl. “I was worried to death when I saw you slumping on the floor like that!”

“What did you just say?” Amber questioned and the hard stare of her eyes froze Victoria.

“I was worried-” “No before that” “Hoya carried y-” “He did WHAT?!”

“Hoya oppa carried you to the sofa,” Krystal repeated before she peered closely at the tomboy’s face. “Oh.”

“Amber, did you and Hoya broke up?”

“Yes we did. He was a jerk. And I walked away from a jerk. You two should know that by now.” Amber looked away quickly just as the question popped up, her answer coming at a faster speed than usual.

“Amber”

“Yes, unnie?”

“What happened?”

“...”

“Amber. What happened?” Victoria said, making sure to say each word slowly to make her point.

“...We both got caught up in the heated of the moment. He threw some words. I threw some words bad. And then he responded, and I walked away.” Amber explained, shrugging. “No biggie.”

“Oh really? Then please explain why Luna unnie called us over as though it was a big emergency and when we finally came we found you on the floor. Sleeping. With tears still running down your face.” Krystal smiled with no maliciousness. but it was clear she wanted answers.

“Oh, and also Hoya staring at you on the ground in horror.” Victoria added, “And then he picked you up. Put you on the sofa gently. Ran around the studio asking for a warm blanket. All of this done in under five minutes. It’s an impressive record really, seeing how he’s usually so cool about everything.”

Amber sweatdropped as she listened to her groupmates. They were speaking in very gentle tones, but that was what was scaring her the most.

“Um...I don’t know?” she said, her voice a pitch higher than usual as she avoided all possible eye contacts.

“I’m back!” Luna called out as she slammed the door open. “Is this a bad time?” she questioned, sensing the tense atmosphere. “Because if it is then the poor guy don’t even have a chance…” she sighed overdramatically as she leaned against the door frame.

“What poor guy?” The three in the room echoed suspiciously. Luna was an angel. but sometimes, they wondered if she was actually the devil’s spawn.

“This one.” Luna replied shortly before pushing an awkward Hoya into the room and within moments, had gotten everyone out of said room that now only housed the two exes.

“Um...hey…” Hoya greeted as his usually confident voice trailed off into a light whisper.

“What are you doing here?” Amber questioned, her eyes watching his every movement with caution. She wasn’t about to let her heart get broken a second time.

“I...I was just dropping by to say...mianhe…” he muttered, rubbing his neck quietly as he diverted his eyes to travel around the room with no intention of catching hers.

“Hoya. You know as well as I do that what we said cannot be taken back.” Amber sighed, keeping her distance.

“But I really am sorry. It was the heat of the moment. I didn’t mean any of what I said. I’m sorry.”

“We both know we meant exactly what we said. I’m sorry about what I said too, but that doesn’t mean we can just apologize and made up. It doesn’t work that way. Life doesn't work that way, Hoya…My heart…” she trailed off “don’t work that way…”

“Amber…” Hoya looked into her eyes and could see the hurt that was reflected on that day. He felt all of his confident disappeared into thin air. He really wanted to make their relationship right again, but once again, he felt the helplessness of being unable to do anything.

“Hoya, maybe with time this can heal. But I’m not ready to forgive you. What you said hurt me, and I’m not gonna lie.” Amber shook her head.

“But Am…”

“We would be better off starting again as acquaintances.”

 

And with that explosive declaration, Amber opened the door and walked away from his life. Maybe it wasn’t forever, but it would be a long time before either of them could be near each other without thinking of their past together again.

 


First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you for having not update my stories at all for a long time. I was having a very hard time in my advanced chemistry class and so I was taking some time off to actually study as to not get bad grades. Yeah, it's not much of an excuse, but I just want to let you all know about me situation.

As for this story, yes, it ended on a pretty sad note, and I don't know what had gotten into me but I do believed my writing had kinda taken a turn for the worse :P I'm trying to improve though, so bare with me ^~^

I'm definitely am open for suggestions as future references. Actually, please give me prompts to write about as I've been in a writer's block for the longest time. You guys probably noticed that I haven't update any of my other stories for the past few moments, so I do apologize for that also. On a side note though, I'm getting a lot more free time because of the breaks and so I am trying to write some more stories for you guys.

Thank you for bearing with me through this long Author's Note! :) I would really appreciated it if you let me know what you think by commenting below. I always love to read my readers' comments and I will try to reply to each and every one. Thank you!