Chapter 2

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

 


wanna go out tonight babe?


 

Luhan nearly jumped off of the chair. It's been a long time since Sehun had asked him out. He always thought it felt like a void, an aching, and gnawing feeling. They haven't seen each other for a long time. It pains Luhan how long he had been dreading for this day. He quickly texted his boyfriend back, agreeing, and leaned back in his chair. He's finally seeing Sehun after a long while.

 

Another knock on the door.

 

Luhan squinted his eyes. Baekhyun was still in the bathroom. He walked towards the door and looked at the peephole before he opened the door. There was a guy standing at the doorway to their room, a tanned and tall guy. The stranger had asked for Baekhyun and Luhan cautiously called out to his roommate, and waited for him to appear.

 

Surprisingly the younger came out of the bathroom with jeans, a blue shirt and a black cardigan. He was wearing a beanie, too. Everything was completely normal. But what caught Luhan's attention was the fact that Baekhyun was wearing his eyeliner. Baekhyun only wears eyeliners during special occasions. Or so he thought. Is he going out with this guy?! Luhan felt like Baekhyun's mother. If he was, he would definitely disapprove of their relationship. Somehow, he just doesn't approve.

 

I'm going out for a while,” Baekhyun told him, grabbing his bag.

 

His roommate's jaw was agape in disbelief. “Where?”

 

Me and Jongin are searching for a job,” he replied.

 

Luhan sighed in relief. They're not in a relationship. Thank god. After his roommate left the room Luhan went back to his seat. So the guy's name was Jongin, huh?

 

He has an idea and he'll tell his boyfriend everything about it.

 

Flipping out his phone, he noticed his boyfriend had replied.

 

 


wanna go out tonight babe?

yea sure :)

 

great

the usual?

yup

ok

meet you there

miss you

=3=

i miss you too


 

He decided to tell his idea to Sehun later. Right now he's just in a very good mood, and he's going to cherish it with all his heart. Sehun's a really sweet boyfriend, he thought, a dreamy smile on his face and butterflies fluttering in his belly. The world is dead to him now that all he could be thinking of was his boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol, as the waiter of EXO, has never been this busy.

 

Since when did EXO get so famous? The cafe got so busy even Kris had to get out from the counter to even help him. Suho only came from his office during these times, so he was also there and assisted the two in serving the customers. This was sure to get a high income once the cafe closes. It's the weekend, he supposed. In the beginning of the week, Chanyeol remembered, Suho had arranged a show night and hired a singer to sing for the customers for entertainment. The singer had a powerful voice and his appearance gave off a calm and gentle demeanor. His name was Kim Jongdae.

 

Maybe that's why the cafe's so full right now. Everyone is keen and eager to see the singer.

 

When the audience saw the singer, they all clapped for him, and right immediately they expected his voice to be beautiful. Chanyeol did, too. Kyungsoo was amazed by his voice and stared at him almost all the time as if Jongdae was his role model. Suho was proud he hired Jongdae. Everyone was so into his voice they stood up from their seats to give Jongdae an applause as he left the stage.

 

Everybody loves him.

 

His head was down as he walked down the stairs of the stage, eventually looking up and waving at the audience as they took pictures of him. Everybody loves him.

 

However, there's that one person who sits at the back of the cafe. He only ordered coffee and watched the show as if he wasn't at all interested in it. He wore black shirt topped off with a black vest, black skinny jeans, a black hat, everything he wore was in black, which just gives off all the aura that he really wasn't into Jongdae's voice. Chanyeol mentally referred to him as “the dark guy”.

 

But Chanyeol doesn't have time to even worry about him as he saw Baekhyun with another guy enter the cafe. Baekhyun walked in suavely, his eyeliners making his eyes stand out. He saw the microphone that was still standing on stage and asked Chanyeol, “show's over?” Even though he wasn't really there for the show. He just needed a venue to discuss with Jongin about the whole job thing.

 

Chanyeol led them to an empty table and walked to the counter to ask for a notepad from Kris. As he turned around he noticed the dark guy talking to Suho with Jongdae seated beside him. He finds it odd but decided it wasn't really his business to into it as he continued with his job.

 

After a few minutes later the cafe had started to calm down, people leaving and Chanyeol was also starting to relax. He would catch glimpses of Baekhyun and Jongin—Baekhyun had introduced him to Jongin earlier—and would sometimes feel envious towards the tanned male. But for whatever reason Chanyeol would feel covetous and resentful every time he laid his eyes on the scene.

 

Chanyeol couldn't handle it anymore; he stormed towards the restrooms.

 

Perhaps he is jealous, but for what reason? He's confused, perplexed, even washing his face wouldn't help. He heard the sound of the door opening but didn't bother to look up. “Hi Giant!”

 

He finally looked up. Baekhyun waved at him as he walked into the restroom. “Hey, Eyeliner,” He called back. Baekhyun was about to run towards him and give him a fist pump, and Chanyeol warned him, “the floor's slippery, be careful.”

 

Unfortunately Baekhyun couldn't register what he said and slipped, falling backwards and ready to land. Chanyeol was luckily fast enough to catch him by the arm and helped him stand up correctly. “I warned you,” he grinned.

 

Baekhyun's lips were pushed into a straight line. His cheeks were painted pink because of embarrassment. If he had fell his cardigan would go wet and it wouldn't be very much of a pleased image. “T-thanks,” he croaked, still embarrassed and he went inside one of the cubicles.

 

This was probably where Chanyeol has to leave and he did.

 

Jongdae had bid his goodbye to the authorized staff and left. Chanyeol walked towards the counter and stood beside Kris who, like always, ignored him. Kris tends to take good care of him, so Chanyeol is definitely sure he's closer to Kris than he was with Kyungsoo, even though they got close on the first day of the job.

 

Jongdae did an amazing show just now, didn't he?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Hmm...” Kris hummed whilst nodding his head up and down in agreement.

 

Chanyeol lifted his gaze to the back of the cafe. The dark guy wasn't there. He furrowed his eyebrows. Did he leave already? He wondered.

 

Who?” Kris questioned.

 

Oh, so he wasn't thinking. “Uh,” he scrambled for words in his head. “Tall, dark clothes, dark everything?”

 

You mean Zitao?”

 

Is that his name? Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow. He pointed towards the table where the dark guy sat previously. “He sat over there?”

 

Yeah, that's Zitao. He already left just now.”

 

Baekhyun came out from the restroom, and he flashed a smile at Chanyeol. He took out his wallet as he walked closer to the counter. “How much will it be?”

 

$4.50,” Kris patiently waited as Baekhyun pulled out the money. Chanyeol watched silently as Baekhyun reached his hand out. The action he found it cute and amusing in the same time, damn it all, Baekhyun is just so adorable. Before he knew it he was caught staring at Baekhyun, and he immediately looked away. Baekhyun just giggled at it and made a gesture of a phone. He mouthed “call me,” and Chanyeol was pretty sure he's going to call him tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note.
OPKiNdj.png

 

**spoiler alert**

uhh all them cute and fluff will be all over yer face by the next chapter

leave yer feedback ok guys ^^