Chapter 3

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

Baekhyun's head was hanging upside down at the edge of the bed as he continued talking to Chanyeol on his phone. Whatever it is they were talking about, Baekhyun was really happy about it.

 

Luhan just laughed at the image. He put on his shirt, comb his hair and looked at himself one last time. Baekhyun kept on telling him that he looks fine, that Sehun will love him no matter what, and he supposed it was true. He's going to meet his boyfriend and hopes this date will turn out well.

 

Baekhyun waved at his roommate as he left the room, wishing him good luck.

 

Who are you talking to?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun brought the phone close to his ear once again.

 

Luhan,” he smirked. “Sehun's bringing him out on a date.”

 

Aw, that's cute.” There was a sound of feet shuffling. “How bout you? Wanna go out on a date some time?”

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips. “Hm... Sure, I guess?”

 

“I'll text you the time and venue?”

 

Yeah.”

 

They bid their goodbyes after exchanging a few talks, and Baekhyun was then left alone. It was fun while it lasted. He took his wallet with him and decided to go somewhere. Wherever his feet will take him, he has to go somewhere. Him and Jongin barely even found a job yet, let alone talked about it. Jongin was spacing out the entire time, and he just had to give up and call it a day.

 

He settled at a convenient store and walked back to the apartment holding an ice cream. He remembered he still had some food that Chanyeol had treated on him, that was why he didn't buy much. He's saving money, anyway. Apart from all the silence he's in, at least it's not awkward. He texted Luhan and asked him how the date is going, reassuring him, and he's not sure if he should really care but whatever.

 

He reached out for the TV remote and turned the TV on, where a commercial was currently playing. He should really try to make the room more cinematic, and he walked to the kitchen to find popcorn. Setting the timer of the microwave right, he closed the lights, keeping the screen of the TV on and checked out if any movies are playing.

 

This is what Baekhyun does when he's alone at home.

 

He texted Chanyeol if he wanted to watch the movie with him together and Chanyeol arrived in his apartment about thirty minutes later.

 

Hey, what took you so long?” Baekhyun asked, opening the door.

 

Chanyeol gestured towards the plastic bags he was carrying. “Buying snacks,”

 

You know one bowl of popcorn is enough,” Baekhyun grinned.

 

But I know you want them,” Chanyeol taunted. They settled down on the bed, snuggling into each other with one blanket draped over their legs as they shared the warmth.

 

A few more minutes till the movie starts, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's shoulders, and Baekhyun can't help but tense up. Chanyeol's arm was on his sensitive spot, and he had to admit, it kinda felt good. “You okay?” Chanyeol asked worriedly, raising an eyebrow.

 

Baekhyun just nodded and that was when the movie started playing.

 

It felt as if they were in a real cinema. Everything was just how he wanted it to be, he felt safe with Chanyeol, his tall body was cozy, he's just perfect.

 

I should've done this a long time ago,” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol agreed. “We could book movies late at night if you want to,” he suggested. “We could bring Luhan and Sehun.”

 

How about we watch some more movies during the date?” Gosh, they're not even paying attention to the movie. “Have you prepared the time and venue?”

 

That depends, actually.” Chanyeol said, “what if you're busy?”

 

You forget I don't have a job, Chan,” Chanyeol felt a chill run down his spine as Baekhyun called him with that nickname.

 

Right,” he smiled, then moved his hand to hug Baekhyun's waist. “So how about Sunday night?”

 

Baekhyun smiled back at him. “That'd be perfect.”

 

Baekhyun rested his head against Chanyeol's shoulder as they continued to watch the movie. When the movie ended, they were surprised Luhan still hasn't returned. They still had some time left to still enjoy each other's company. They took pictures of themselves, surprise each other, and Chanyeol luckily brought some ramen because Baekhyun really wants one.

 

Chanyeol cooked the instant noodle as Baekhyun just sat at the dining table, observing Chanyeol's figure. That cashier guy from the cafe where Chanyeol works in was taller, and Baekhyun can't help but wonder how short he is. He remembered Jongin asking him if he regularly comes to the cafe, and he answered no; Jongin was asking him what the name of one of Chanyeol's co-worker was.

 

Hey Chan?” This time it was Chanyeol's turn to tense up.

 

Yeah?”

 

What's the name of that guy...”

 

The taller male blinked as he walked closer to the table with the ramen. “Who?”

 

He's one of your co-workers, doe eyes?”

 

Ah,” Chanyeol nodded in understanding. “That's Kyungsoo.”

 

Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol had a feeling that's aching him to ask why he's wondering but fought it back. He served the ramen in front of Baekhyun and popped two pairs of chopsticks in it. They can share the food together.

 

You really are hungry, aren't you?”

 

The shorter male gave him a perplexed look. “You ate two packets of chips earlier, and now we're eating ramen?”

 

Well excuse me, Luhan rarely buys any groceries for me to cook here.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. He picked up one of the chopsticks and started to dig in to the ramen, and Baekhyun followed after. “You wanna buy some groceries after this?” Chanyeol asked, a knowing grin on his face.

 

Baekhyun agreed.

 

After finishing the ramen they were both walking down the sidewalk once again. Chanyeol was wearing one of Baekhyun's jackets which fits his size because Chanyeol learned that Baekhyun likes to wear oversized clothes. He finds it cute as Baekhyun walked by his side with clothes that are bigger than his size and a huge jacket that made him look... small.

 

What do you wanna buy?” Chanyeol asked as they stepped inside a local supermarket.

 

Baekhyun looked around. Of course he's going to buy a lot of things.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan's really nervous. Here he was, walking alongside the sidewalk with his blue shirt and white jeans, looking around for Sehun. Baekhyun had told him that everything will be just fine. He spotted that familiar figure waiting for him on the bench and picked up his pace—he just really misses seeing his face.

 

Sehunnie!” He yelled, and said man turned to face him.

 

Sehun stood up from his seat and ran after him, hugging as they finally got close. Gosh, it felt as if they had been in a long distance relationship. They were both holding each other close, Sehun kissing the side of Luhan's head and breathed in his scent. “I miss you,” Luhan burried his face in the crook of his neck, blushing.

 

He can't remember how long they haven't seen each other but it felt like ages. They sat at the bench that Sehun had previously sat on, mostly because they want to enjoy each other's companies before they start the date. Sehun hugged his boyfriend's waist, ignoring the stares some people were giving them; whether they're in disgust or whatever, he's just happy that he's finally gotten time with his Lulu.

 

Should we go now?” Sehun asked as he peered down at Luhan.

 

Luhan had his eyes closed and he hummed, “mmm... sure.”

 

He lifted his weight off of Sehun's shoulder and stood up. Here comes his date. Sehun brought him to a bubble tea shop, and told him to take a seat. He soon returned with a Choco flavour for himself and a Taro for Luhan. Of course he knows. Luhan grinned and felt the vibration in his phone. It was a text from Baekhyun that read, “you ok lulu”

 

Baekhyun knows when to call him with that nickname.

 

Luhan decided not to reply to it and looked back up only to discover his boyfriend's eyes piercing into his. Here comes the part where they drink and stare at each other for a long time. It doesn't matter if they blink; they're not in a staring contest anyway, let alone any participating game. The world was dead to them, that's what matters.

 

Then, Sehun just dropped his gaze and leaned forward. “I was thinking,” he smirked and lifted his eyes once again to look at Luhan. “We've been dating for a while now. It's about time we should buy something couple-related.”

 

That was actually... not a bad idea. He also made a point. Luhan stood up and started to pull at Sehun's wrist. “We should buy one now!” He grinned and Sehun smiled back at him. They both ended up running to a huge shopping complex. Some schoolgirls approached them, asking “can I take a picture of you both?” but they both immediately bowed to them and continued running.

 

They really want something to symbolize their relationship.

 

An accessory store with the name “Couple-A” caught their eyes; the bright, neon wordings taunting them and they found a lot of things.

 

From rings to necklaces, to bags and shirts. They both kept on going to the same fitting room all over again; some workers actually took out their phones and snapped a picture of them. They had matching red beanies on their head, two bags, they were both a really cute couple. Satisfied with all the things they had bought they went down to buy some ice cream.

 

We should do this more often I tell you, Sehunnie,” Luhan suggested as they queued up.

 

I know you're happy right now, Lulu,” Sehun smiled and pulled his boyfriend's waist. “But... you wanna sleep over tonight?”

 

Luhan looked at him. “Um,” pink tainted on his cheeks. “Sure...”

 

Today was way better than how Luhan had expected it. Baekhyun was right, everything's going to be okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol struggled to keep up with Baekhyun as the shorter male ran around the supermarket, buying all the things he wanted. Sure, Chanyeol had long legs but even though Baekhyun was shorter damn—he could run pretty fast. Baekhyun was carrying a trolley around the place, ignoring the stares people were giving him.

 

Baekhyun-ah! Slow down!” Chanyeol called, and then did Baekhyun started to slow down his steps. He turned around to look at the taller male with a huge smile.

 

What, is it your first time in a local shopping complex?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “It's been a long time, I used to this when I was a kid.” He turned around again, this time walking in a normal speed. “Have you decided what to buy yet?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged as he stood next to Baekhyun. “You're the one who wanted to buy groceries.

 

Right, first of—ramen!” Baekhyun tried to run again but Chanyeol grabbed his wrist this time.

 

Let go!”

 

No way!” Chanyeol put an arm around his nape.

 

Baekhyun tensed up again. He started walking normally again, with Chanyeol by his side. They brought the groceries which only needed three plastic bags and now they were on their way to buy ice cream again.

 

Had fun?” Chanyeol asked. They were in the park, sitting on the bench.

 

Baekhyun nodded, his hair bobbing up and down as he did so. He leaned against the seat and his ice cream again, looking up at the stars. Chanyeol saw what he did and looked up.

 

Star gazing is really something, as they both kept quiet and watched the stars shine. Something was moving over there in the corner of their eyes and they both turned to look at it.

 

It was a shooting star.

 

Quick Chanyeol!” Baekhyun called, his eyes not leaving the star. “Make a wish!”

 

Following where the star was going they quietly state their wishes. Baekhyun wished to get taller like Chanyeol, Chanyeol wished for... Well, it's a secret. Standing up as they finished Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol, who smiled in return and decided to head back to the apartment.

 

There was a buzz in his pocket and the shorter male flipped out his phone.

 


i'm staying at sehun's house

i'm pretty sure you're safe on your own right?


 

The message read.

 

Oh,” Baekhyun breathed.

 

Something wrong?” Chanyeol peeked on his screen.

 

Baekhyun put his phone aside. “Luhan's spending the night at Sehun's,” he explained. He looked at Chanyeol with an expecting look on his face. “Wanna sleep with me tonight?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Sure.”

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
OPKiNdj.png


 

is this the real life

or is it just fantasy

I'm not sure if ya guys liked the fluff here

SILENT READERS WHY YOU NO COMMENT

leave yer feedbacks ok

ps. Couple-A is not real