Chapter 7

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

Baekhyun entered his apartment as Jongin followed behind him.

 

On his bed were Luhan and Sehun, both peacefully sleeping. Sehun had his arm wrapped securely around Luhan's waist, breathing evenly. It's pretty harsh to wake them up from their sleep now. He sighed, before realizing that his friend is watching them too. He told Jongin to go take a seat on the small dining table in the kitchen. Grabbing his laptop from the closet, he set it down in front of Jongin and placed the plastic bag he was holding on the counter. Organizing them all into the cabinet he decided to cook something for Luhan and Sehun. Jongin pressed the power button of the laptop and the screen's light started to flash slowly.

 

How's your blind date?” Baekhyun asked as he the gas cooker.

 

Jongin blinked. “Are you referring to Kyungsoo or the date?”

 

Kyungsoo, of course.”

 

Jongin thought for a moment.

 

Do you find me interesting now?”

 

Kyungsoo had looked down at the question, a faint pink tainting his cheeks. He felt as if he doesn't want to be proven wrong; but Jongin already knew his answer. He let go of his wrist and waved at him, even reminding him once again to text him. Luckily Kyungsoo's mood lightened up and he waved back at him before going with Chanyeol.

 

There was a short silence as Baekhyun continued whatever he was cooking, patiently waiting for his answer. “I don't know!” He replied, flustered. It's not fair to pick on someone younger than you. Right then he knew Baekhyun was probably smirking. Alright, two can play at this game. “How bout you? What's going on between you and Chanyeol?”

 

Baekhyun froze at the question before turning to face Jongin slowly, telling him, “that's none of your business,” with gritted teeth.

 

Jongin laughed. “I think you guys will do well in variety,” he sighed.

 

Oh, thanks, whatever, as if you're a soothsayer.” Was Baekhyun's response as he placed the food—he had placed them on a plate earlier—on the dining table.

 

It was just some fish fillet. Jongin didn't know what he was expecting, but it wasn't for him anyway. Right then he could hear some low howling and they both looked at the direction of the sound. Sehun stirred from his sleep and pulled Luhan closer, Baekhyun and Jongin watching whatever he did until Luhan finally calmed down. Sehun caught sight of the two in the two in the kitchen and slowly pulled Luhan away, covering him with his blanket before walking towards them, his messy hair bobbing at each step he took.

 

Back from the blind date already?” He asked, leaning against the doorway. Baekhyun nodded. “Are those for us?” He saw the plate of fish fillet and gestured it over. Soon as he got the plate in his hands he spun round to wake Luhan up, and soon returned in the kitchen with his boyfriend holding the plate this time, took a seat in front of Jongin in the dining room table and pulled his boyfriend onto his lap. “Well you know the drill, spill it.” He said, smirking at Jongin's direction.

 

Jongin looked away and Baekhyun couldn't hold back his laughter. Luhan rubbed his eyes and picked up the fork as his boyfriend's arm enclosed around his waist.

 

Well...” Jongin rubbed the back of his neck and watched as Sehun leaned closer, interested in what he has to say. “He said he never had a burger before so I bought one for him. I asked him why he never had one, and he said he likes to cook and promised to cook for me if we had the chance.” He watched as Luhan and Sehun shared a glance. “What?”

 

Nothing, go on.”

 

Baekhyun leaned against the counter and listened as Jongin continued his story. “So after that we went to the cinema and he said the story had so many holes in it,” he paused to ruffle his blond hair. “And he kept on asking questions.”

 

Luhan placed the plate down on the table in front of him, swallowing first because we all know we can't talk with our mouth full. “So what do you think of Kyungsoo?”

 

Come on, Jongin, I know you know.” Baekhyun grinned. Jongin sneered at him before rolling his eyes, as if he was giving in.

 

I think he's...” Luhan and Sehun watched him with eager eyes. “...The perfect guy for me, and I really like him.”

 

Baekhyun gave a round of applause as the couple in the room slapped themselves high fives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So how was the date?” Chanyeol asked as they hopped inside his car.

 

Kyungsoo looked down, a smile on his face. “It was fun,” he replied, trying hard not to make it sound so blunt.

 

And Jongin?” Chanyeol switched the engine up. “Is he better than that girl you dated in high school?”

 

There was a playful slap on his arm and he laughed. “Jongin...” Kyungsoo didn't want to admit it, but he just had to. “He's pretty interesting, I guess.”

 

And he was satisfied with his answer.

 

When Chanyeol dropped Kyungsoo off on his house he was about to drive back to his apartment when Baekhyun sent him a text and told him to come over. Eyeliner Guy always wants company. He smiled down at the message, anticipation building up inside him. He arrived in front of Baekhyun's building apartment some time later and decided to take the stairs; when he was about to take the elevator there was a huge crowd in front of it. He took two steps at a time, and he could see a guy walking down the flight of stairs. The guy missed a step and muttered “!” before he went tumbling down the stairs, landing firmly chest down when he reached the bottom.

 

Chanyeol stared.

 

Whoa, Eyeliner! Are you okay?” He laughed before helping the smaller male stand up.

 

Baekhyun mildly thanked him for that, momentarily feeling his air supply stopping when he fell down but as he lifted his chest off the cold, hard floor he could breathe much better. Curse himself for not watching his steps. “Yeah, thanks.”

 

Chanyeol patted his back. “Any time,” he said, “why are you here? I thought you wanted me to go there?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Sehun wanted you to walk faster to talk about the double date,” he replied, “or maybe it's because I wanted to see your face right this instance.”

 

Was what he wanted to say.

 

They walked side by side this time as they ascended back up the stairs, but as they climbed a few more flight of stairs Baekhyun ahead of him. Because of rushing Baekhyun was about to fall backwards upon missing another step but Chanyeol was behind him, so he caught him easily. “What's with you and the stairs lately?” He perked up.

 

Baekhyun elbowed him in the ribs.

 

Soon as Baekhyun opened the door to his apartment he let Chanyeol walk inside first. At least he gets to have a look of Chanyeol's handsome back once in a while. And now they're going to have to talk about the double date. He just hopes he'll get to have that moment with Giant again where they'll watch movies together and cuddle with each other and do stuff alone with each other. Oh he would love that.

 

Locking the door behind him he walked over to his bed and next to him was a chair where Chanyeol was. Everything in the room was clean and properly arranged, aside from Baekhyun's bed, which was still untidy. But Chanyeol didn't like cleaning too, so it didn't really matter to his opinion. Jongin was alone in the kitchen with his phone, tapping away to who Chanyeol thinks might be Kyungsoo. Jongin waved at him a little and he just gave a simple nod. On Baekhyun's screen was a game Jongin had paused.

 

Alright, it's nice to see you again, Chanyeol,” Sehun said. “So any ideas on the double date?”

 

Jongin walked into the room just as he slipped his phone inside his pocket. “I'll be leaving,” he announced.

 

Did you shut down my laptop?” Baekhyun asked, and Jongin nodded.

 

See you next time.” Sehun waved and Luhan followed along.

 

When they heard the door close they went back to the topic. “We could eat first, that's what we always do,” Chanyeol quipped.

 

Baekhyun crossed his legs. “We could make it special in our own ways,”

 

Luhan checked out his watch. “What time?”

 

Noon, I guess, what do you think, Chanyeol?”

 

They have another day to prepare the date anyway, so Chanyeol just agreed. 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
OPKiNdj.png

 

update update update 

^^ so feel free to voice out your opinions on what HunHan and ChanBaek should do on the double date

I'm kinda running out of ideas :DD

Anyways, I made a TaoChen oneshot you can find it here

feedbacks are appreciated. 

upvote too? ( u w o