Chapter 8

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

Suho had set Kris in charge that day, thought it would be better to go head off to Busan earlier. He told him to take care of the kids personally before heading off, he also told him that they'll have to do extra cleaning duties. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were sad upon hearing the news—Chanyeol in particular—but they didn't have the rights to complain so they had to stay back late for work on Saturday and Sunday.

 

Which means Chanyeol couldn't attend the double date.

 

It was unfortunate, for Chanyeol. Luhan and Sehun said that they'll go have a date by themselves which was okay, they're lovers anyway. But the problem is Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun's voice strained when he heard the news. He sounded sad, and Chanyeol immediately had to find a way to make it up to Baekhyun at that moment. He muttered his apologies to Baekhyun before Kris called him up.

 

Are you ready for the extra cleaning duties?” The taller asked.

 

Chanyeol slumped in his seat. “How do you handle doing it yourself?” He protested.

 

Kris shook his head. “Suho helped me with it,” he replied. “How do you handle your own room?”

 

Hey, leave my personal hygiene out of this.”

 

Kyungsoo had access to leave early because he had some function going on and damn he's lucky.

 

Chanyeol helped cleaning up the dishes with Kris at his side, scrubbing away like a pro he is. They stood there in the awkward silence, and at times like these Chanyeol felt as if he was helpless against Kris, for some reason. He can't find out why, he just feels so submissive when he's with the Chinese man.

 

Is Jongdae coming tomorrow?” He asked for the sake of conversing with him.

 

Kris nodded. “They're coming over at seven, and they're going to wait at Suho's office, so prepare some drinks for them.”

 

The image of Zitao and Jongdae came up in Chanyeol's head.

 

Chanyeol can't help but note at how cute, and loving they were. They seemed as if they really loved each other, and how Zitao said it, “you don't think I'm selling your talent?” It's as if he really cared about it. He even had a nickname for Jongdae.

 

Before he knew it he was already asking Kris about it. “Are they in a relationship?”

 

Who?”

 

Zitao and Jongdae.”

 

Kris nodded once again. “I think it's been eight months since they've been in a relationship,” he explained whilst putting a cleaned dish aside. “Jongdae was an edgy teenager runaway—”

 

How old is he?”

 

Your age,” it sounded as if Kris was emphasizing it. “Anyway, Jongdae was a runaway when they first met. He bumped into Zitao, who felt sorry for him and dragged him here for sustenance. Later he found out that Jongdae wanted to be a singer but he's been rejected too many times.”

 

Chanyeol found himself drawn into the story. “Zitao asked Jongdae to move in with him after that and helped Jongdae apply to some companies he thought might need him. Zitao explained all this to his friend without Jongdae knowing, then his friend had an idea and set him up in small gigs like singing in a pub or something instead of in a huge company or something.”

 

Who's the friend?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Kris stacked all the dry plates aside, every dish is finally cleaned. He grabbed a washcloth and dried his hands before grabbing a broom from the back of the door and heading out. “Me.” He answered.

 

Chanyeol followed after him. “Whoa, wait, then how did they get into a relationship?”

 

Chanyeol, their love, I suppose, goes the same method.”

 

And what's that supposed to mean?”

 

Zitao confessed.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan scurried up in his seat. “Baekhyun,” he called out. “Did you just cough?”

 

Baekhyun was inside of the toilet facing the mirror. “It's nothing serious, Luhan, it's just a cough.”

 

Are you sure?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Alright, just be sure to drink water.” He came into the room and Baekhyun was grateful he had his shirt on. “You still have some medicine left over?” Baekhyun nodded and he left the room.

 

Earlier when he heard Chanyeol couldn't come he had to admit he was really furious but he didn't want to show it. It's just a date, him and Chanyeol aren't dating or anything. Though with all the free time he has tomorrow at least he could search for a job around the internet. Some job which could earn him a load of money.

 

If Jongin found a job he'd certainly tell him about it, so that they could apply for it together.

 

The tanned guy was probably texting with Kyungsoo right now.

 

Talking about couples, he remember back the time when he and Chanyeol first talked to each other.

 

It was the day of Luhan's birthday, Sehun setting it up like a big sweet sixteen or something. The guy was really happy about it, every event he'd set up so huge just for Luhan. Baekhyun just wished he had a boyfriend like Sehun.

 

That day Luhan told him to accompany him to the party.

 

Baekhyun couldn't find out why, the party was set up for him. But he didn't know what made him agree to it. So then that time he came there, eyeliners and stuff, he got compliments being told here and there, then he bumped into a freakishly giant figure.

 

Whoa, giant,” he huffed and apologized immediately, before heading off to the food table, whatever you call it.

 

Just to grab a drink, he intentioned, but when the guy he bumped into earlier came there and Baekhyun was pretty sure he's seen it before.

 

You friends with Luhan?” The guy asked, and Baekhyun could recognize that deep voice anywhere, in particular.

 

He's Sehun's best friend, Park Chanyeol.

 

He's talking to Park Chanyeol, the guy every girl dreamed of hearing his voice everyday. He's Park Chanyeol, the class clown. This is Park Chanyeol who socializes wherever he went. This is the Park Chanyeol, for your information, Byun Baekhyun.

 

Whatever.

 

Just as he stirred away from his thoughts Chanyeol was slowly feeding himself on a granola bar, waiting for his answer. “Er, yes, I am.”

 

Let me guess, you're...” he started to purse his lips, squinting his eyes, as if that helped. “Eyeliner?” He must have gotten that from the fact that Baekhyun was wearing eyeliners, and damn he looked hot.

 

Baekhyun playfully punched the taller male's chest. “And let me guess, you're Giant?”

 

And thus their nicknames were born.

 

Baekhyun!”

 

Luhan came into the scene, panting. “You have no idea how long I've been searching for you!”

 

Baekhyun blinked. “You know I left you so that you could have some alone time with your boyfriend,”

 

See?”

 

Sehun appeared behind him and Luhan shied away from him, hiding behind the ever so short Baekhyun.

 

It's probably been one month or so after they met again. Baekhyun couldn't remember. Time just flies so fast when you're not paying attention. He walked out of the bathroom and on his bed was where his laptop sat. He's in the middle of chatting with Jongin about some jobs they think they should apply for. He stalked towards the bathroom, unintentionally opening the cabinet, only finding some packs of ramen and the food he and Chanyeol bought.

 

He really missed them.

 

He really can't remember how long it's been since they did that.

 

All he remembered was that he really missed them.

 

I'll be going to the grocery store,” he misguidedly announced.

 

His roommate looked away from his computer screen and faced him. “What for?”

 

I'm sorry, I mean convenient store.”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Alright, buy me some ice cream while you're at it.”

 

Baekhyun grabbed his cap and waved at him from behind, carelessly bidding his goodbye as he stepped out of the apartment. A tad bit of him wanted to go back and change his mind but he just couldn't find himself turning back. He's got his money with him, on the other hand he just can't help but feel like he's forgotten something important.

 

It's presence.

 

God, Chanyeol has never been so important in his life. 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
OPKiNdj.png

 

NO DOUBLE DATE?!?!?!?

lol yeah it's bc I was all "Alright, double date, what should they do?" Then 5 mins later "HURRY UP BRAIN" 

but nothing came up 

thus explains the reason as to why the chapter's short

sorry I'll make longer chapters next time

they had plenty of dates before anyway but Chanyeol's gonna make up to Baekhyun I swear 

so some krisyeol brotp time in this chapter i guess :3c hope you don't mind 

ok hope you guys like this chapter and stuff and leave your feedbacks :DD