Chapter 5

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

Jongin stared as people around him mingled with each other. Watching and observing others isn't usually something he does but he is particularly bored waiting for said “blind date” to appear. They had texted each other last night and planned to meet up right here. One can always see the dynamics of each person just by looking at them. Who is getting along, who is throwing death glares across the room, who is happy, who is not feeling in the mood right now, everything. Observing. It relieved Jongin's boredom anyway. He took another look at his phone screen where he and “blind date guy” exchanged little information with each other here and there, and the time and venue for when they'll meet. He's exhausted from getting so worked up and nervous to meeting this guy. He brought Baekhyun with him, just in case. He doesn't want the date to mess up, so Baekhyun is just here to accompany him and make sure everything goes okay, but right now he was concentrating on his own phone, talking to this guy named “Chanyeol”. He's not even helping! Instead of giving him some advice or something, just smiling at the screen like an idiot. Jongin's musing was interrupted by a shadow falling over him. He turned around and his eyes slowly travel up a pair of black jeans, a black shirt covered with a dark blue parka, finally meeting brown eyes.

 

Well well well, if it isn't the guy who works at the cafe, the reason Jongin kept on going there like he was a regular customer. He was panting hard, as if he had been running from a far place to here. “A-are...” The person only managed to wheeze out, taking a deep breath before continuing. “Are you Jongin?”

 

Jongin felt a smirk creep up his face. “Kyungsoo?”

 

The guy nodded; his hair bouncing up and down. “Ah, sorry I'm late,”

 

It's okay,” Jongin stood up and turned to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun looked back at him. He stood up and offered his hand to Kyungsoo. “I'm Baekhyun,” he said. “Jongin's financial supporter.” He joked. Luckily Kyungsoo just laughed at it and gazed at Jongin.

 

Well, don't want to keep you guys away from having a fun blind date so; have fun!” Baekhyun pushed at Jongin and watched as he and Kyungsoo walk side to side. Suddenly he can't help but wonder; why did Jongin even bring him? He's not even paying him! Frustrated, Baekhyun spun round and collided into someone.

 

That familiar, cozy feeling about that body. “Eyeliner!” And that deep voice. Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol. Damn, this is inconvenient. Why's he here?

 

What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked, peering down at him.

 

Baekhyun craned his neck higher. “You go first,” he said.

 

I'm here for Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol replied. “He's having a blind date.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened. “I-I'm here for his date—Jongin!”

 

My my, very inconvenient indeed.

 

Jongin's his date?”

 

 “Yeah!”

 

They both walked together, quietly trailing far away behind Kyungsoo and Jongin. “Who set them up?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun made a face. Right then the taller male nodded in understanding. He wrapped his arms around the shorter male's shoulders and looked up ahead as they watched the other two interacting with each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo awkwardly looked around as he stood next to Jongin.

 

He's pretty sure this guy had appeared in the cafe before, with Chanyeol's friend? Whatever, he should be paying attention to Jongin. He can't just ignore his date; at least that's what he's heard, he only dated a girl in high school once—doesn't even remember her name—and it only lasted for two days because the girl complained that he wasn't giving her much attention. Ever since then he'd never date anyone. He's just not cut out to be dating women, and he never actually considered dating men. Kind of a loser, to be exact, but ever since he met Jongin and they chatted last night, he just had a feeling that... Jongin's the right guy he could approach. He's wondering if... this is the right time. Luhan had set him up, so he's not entirely sure.

 

They stopped at a food court where Jongin said he'd pay for this date; Kyungsoo took note that if they ever date at another time it'll be his turn to pay. Ordering a simple Mc Donald burger, they took a seat. Jongin's blond hair made him look young and Kyungsoo never actually knew how old he was. Besides, age is just a number.

 

 “How is it?” Jongin asked, staring at him as he drank his cola. He didn't order any food.

 

What?” Kyungsoo blinked. He's ignoring him again. He's not ignoring him because he's not really that interested in him or whatever, he's just distracted.

 

Jongin slurped on his drink again. “You told me you rarely went out and you've never really ate a burger before,” he said, setting the cup down. “How's your first try?”

 

Kyungsoo took another bite. “Mmm... Pretty fine, I guess?” The only reply he could think of.

 

The blond male smirked. “Why do you rarely go out to eat?”

 

 “Because I cook for myself,” Kyungsoo was starting to feel like he was being trapped.

 

Surprisingly Jongin seemed interested in all of a sudden. “Can you cook for me?” He asked, his face bright.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, then Jongin's face became more prominent as he drank his coke again, the straw making a grating sound. He set the drink down again. “I don't mean to sound straightforward or bold when I say this but,” he looked down on his shoes, before lifting his gaze again. “Do you find me interesting?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. “No, you're not really that interesting to me,” he smiled.

 

 “But I will be.”

 

Those words came out from Jongin's lips and Kyungsoo felt a shiver run down his spine. They were just four simple words, yet the way Jongin says it, makes it sound different. Luckily Kyungsoo finished his burger and they still had more time to enjoy their date.

 

They decided to watch a movie and booked two seats. There's like ten minutes till the movie starts so they had to be quick.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can't believe we missed them!” Baekhyun groaned.

 

Because of stopping by so many shops since they wanted to buy so many things they had come to the result that they had missed Kyungsoo and Jongin. If they had paid attention they wouldn't be so troubled like right now.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Look at the bright side—Jongin's blond,” he smirked.

 

Baekhyun sat up straight. Right, he's really hard to miss! Baekhyun grabbed the taller male's wrist and started to pull him with him as he ran all over the place. “Baekhyun, calm down! Did you find him?” Chanyeol tried to sound as calm as possible, but to no avail.

 

Suddenly he came to a stop and Chanyeol had finally managed to catch his breath. “Uh, Baek?”

 

The shorter male looked around before pointing up ahead. “Blond!” He called out, and Chanyeol could finally see Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

There was a beep at Baekhyun's pocket and he flipped it out, revealing a message that read, “how are they doing” from Luhan.

 

 “Help me take a picture,” Baekhyun grabbed at Chanyeol's wrist once again.

 

Chanyeol took out his own phone too just in case Baekhyun couldn't snap a picture. They both ran after the two people, if possible, quietly. Eyeliner kept on running from here and there just to hide which made all the picture Chanyeol had snapped blurry. “Giant! Hurry up!” Baekhyun said and suddenly stopped.

 

 “What's wrong?” Chanyeol asked, bewildered.

 

Baekhyun's shoulders deflated. “They're in the cinema,” he sighed. “We can't enter unless we have tickets!”

 

Damn, he's right.