Chapter 1

The Giant Wall of Eyeliners

 

 

Chanyeol arrived in front of his friend's apartment, who to his annoyance wouldn't let his own boyfriend send him to the clinic. He said he wouldn't want his boyfriend to worry, and that was a legitimate reason, but of all people, why him? He knocked on the door and waited for his response. There was a faint thud before the phrase, “come in!” was shouted.

 

The sight that greeted him was unexpected as he opened the door and stepped in.

 

He expected a whole mess, but he was greeted with such a clean apartment, he thought he had arrived in the wrong room. “Chanyeol!”

 

His friend appeared from the kitchen and ran towards him. “You don't know how long I waited, man! Luhan's getting a bit suspicious.”

 

Chanyeol just stared around the room in awe. “Did you hire a maid or something, Sehun?”

 

“What?”

 

“The room...” The taller man breathed. “It's so... clean,

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Not all sick people get their rooms dirty, okay?” He coughed this time, and pumped his chest with his fist. “Let's go, my throat's burning.”

 

Right, that was the reason why he came here. Truth be told, now that he had seen the scene before him he doesn't regret agreeing to send his friend to the clinic. After they had reached his car, they went straight to the clinic, short talks being exchanged at some point, but it wasn't awkward, and he wanted it to be kept that way.

 

Once they reached their destination Sehun asked Chanyeol to wait for him in the waiting area when the doctor calls out for his number. When his number was called, Chanyeol wished him luck jokingly and watched as his friend disappeared into a room. Now comes the boring part. Time was going very slow on the clinic when he's waiting and he had played every game on his phone at least twice, moved seats for the elders to sit on because he's such a gentleman, and stared at a spot on the wall for probably forever.

 

He was extremely bored to the max.

 

Then, from the distance, he could hear the sound of foot hitting against a machine. It wasn't loud, but he has pretty strong senses, especially his ears. He stood up and walked towards the noise. Then, he saw it.

 

A small figure with a plastic bag, kicking a vending machine. He had to admit, the action was pretty cute. It reminded him of that guy he met who wore eyeliners in Sehun's boyfriend's birthday. What's his name again? Right, Baekhyun. His feet stalked towards the small scene and asked, “what's wrong?”

 

The smaller person looked at him and that was when he got a perfect view of him. It was Eyeliner Guy! Baekhyun!

 

Baekhyun was probably surprised to see him that his response was slow. “The machine's not working.

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol giggled. This guy had to waste money on this thing. Without much thought, he took out his wallet. “Come on, I'll buy you something. My treat.”

 

He was about to walk away but Baekhyun wouldn't move. Previously he was asking what's wrong with the vending machine, now he was asking what's wrong with Baekhyun. Baekhyun squinted his eyes before saying, “I don't trust you.”

 

Wait. This would only mean one thing. He doesn't remember him? Surprisingly Chanyeol found it funny, and he dropped his head to laugh a little bit. He lifted his gaze to look at the shorter teen with a smile on his face. Taking a deep breath, he replied, “seriously, Baek, I've been friends with you for how long, I even have your phone number! You don't know me?” Baekhyun had a surprised look on him. Chanyeol continued, “I was there during Luhan's birthday party, remember? Giant?”

 

Then, Baekhyun was sent to a small shock before he laughed. “Chanyeol!” He said between fits of giggles. “Sorry I didn't recognize you!”

 

“It's okay,” Chanyeol answered and gestured Baekhyun towards him. “Are you up with the offer?”

 

Baekhyun nodded and pretty soon they were both holding their own drinks and some food. Chanyeol bought some food for Sehun too, and they were both waiting for Sehun to come out. Surprisingly only fifteen minutes had passed since Sehun walked into the doctor's office. As he thought, time is slow in the clinic. When the younger finally emerged from the room he had a plastic bag similar to Baekhyun's, with different medicine.

 

“Baekhyun?” Sehun asked, a little bit happy to see his boyfriend's roommate. “What brings you here?”

 

“Luhan told me to,” Baekhyun replied. “It's just a cold, though. You?”

 

Sehun hesitated for a moment before telling him that he's sick, too. “Does Luhan know?” Was the question he got and from Baekhyun. He thought it was selfish to tell him that he doesn't want Luhan to worry because he's such a worrier. But it's the truth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is taking too long, Luhan thought, but he soon heard the knock on his door, and his roommate stepped inside. Baekhyun greeted him with a simple “hey,” and there was an unusually bright aura around him. He even had snacks on him.

 

“What's this?” Luhan cooed, “did you meet someone who has the highest possibility to become you significant other?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “No...” He chuckled. “Chanyeol was there.”

 

“Did he buy you those food?”

 

“The vending machine wasn't working, so he said he'll treat me.”

 

“Was Sehun there?”

 

Silence. Baekhyun wasn't sure if he should answer the question, because like Sehun said he didn't want his Luhan to worry. “No,” he replied, reluctantly. Luhan continued to do whatever he was doing, satisfied with the answer. There was a message coming from his phone and he checked it. Thankfully, it was Sehun.

 


wanna go out tonight babe?


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol drove to work after dropping Baekhyun and Sehun by their apartment. It was nice meeting Eyeliner Guy after a long time. Baekhyun really looked cute when he was kicking the vending machine. It's as if he's showing his true colors when people aren't looking. He's pretty short, too, and that's something really fun to tease about. Baekhyun is the best.

 

He reached the cafe in no time and greeted Suho, his boss, and other co-workers as well. Kris was at the back of the cashier counter and Kyungsoo was in the kitchen, where he has to join. He dropped all the things he bought with Baekhyun on the dressing room on top of his jacket, where it can be safe. His phone was still with him, though.

 

After dressing himself to his working uniform—a black shirt with EXO printed on the single pocket—he stood next to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's a pretty nice and warm-hearted guy. He's the best chef Chanyeol had ever met. They were both pretty close during the first day of the job.

 

“Why were you late?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Taking Sehun to the clinic,” Chanyeol replied. Kyungsoo can't help but notice that he seemed hyper—he had always been hyper, but not in this level of happiness. The whole room seemed to light up brighter than usual. “A best friend's gotta do what a best friend's gotta do.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head.