Court

Don't fall for what you see

Author's POV

In Younghe's hospital room, Nichkhun, Junho, and Victoria sat around her bed, bringing her food for the day. A knock on the door and a tall handsome man wearing a black suit came in. 

"Sup Khunnie. Hey Younghe."

Nichkhun gave the man a smile. Younghe gave him a questioning look, clearly not remembering who this was. Nichkhun noticed the look.

"Baby, this is Ok Taecyeon. You met him before when I was in high school."

The light bulb clicked in Younghe's mind and her face lit up with a smile.

"Hi Taec oppa!"

The first time Younghe met Taecyeon was in middle school in the States. She was in her room doing her homework when Nichkhun knocked on her door right after he came home from school. Following right behind him was a giant guy with large teeth. Nichkhun introduced Taecyeon to her. Younghe knew these two were best friends. From that day on, Taecyeon became good friends with Younghe and Junho and soon became a regular in their house. Once those two graduated from high school, they went to different college. Nichkhun stayed in the States while Taecyeon went to Korea to be a lawyer. 

 Taecyeon gave me a toothy smile. He turned to Nichkhun, Junho and Victoria and asked them kindly to leave the room for a little while. Once they left Taecyeon pulled up a chair to the bed. He takes off his jacket and draped it over the chair. He pulls out a clipboard with a notepad clipped on out of his suit case. He pulled out a pen from his pocket.

Your POV

I cocked an eyebrow.

Is he going to ask me questions? What does a lawyer want with me? Did I do something wrong?

Younghe began to feel nervous for some odd reason. Her mind swirled around as she tried to remember if she did anything bad in the pass.

A low chuckle brought my attention back. 

"Don't worry Younghe. Just take a couple of deep breaths. I just going to ask you a couple of question."

I nodded. Taecyeon's voice somewhat soothed my nerves and I felt my heart beat slow down.

Taecyeon leaned back against his chair with his legs crossed. He began to ask me questions, mostly about me being pushed off the top of the building. As I talked, Taecyeon would jot down some notes on the note pad. I answer all of the questions to the best of my abilities.

Is this who Khunnie oppa was meeting the other day?

Taecyeon let out a puff of air once we were done with the questions. He placed his notepad and clipboard back in his suit case. He rose up from his seat with suit case and grabbed his jacket. He walked up to me and he gently placed his hand on top of mine.

"I'll do my best to resolve this. So don't worry. Get well soon okay?"

 I smiled and nodded. I gently squeezed his hands. He smiled and let go of my hand. He walked towards the door and gave me a final wave goodbye before the door swung shut.

Nichkhun's POV

I began to pace back and forth once we left the room.

Past

"Alright. I'll help you solve this case. You have my word."

"Thanks bud. I owe you."

Taecyeon shook his head.

"You don't owe me anything."

Present

20 minutes later, Taecyeon walked out of the room with a satisfied look. He walked up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't worry. I'll try my hardest to solve this case. I'm going back to my office. I'll call you when I have something."

I nodded. Taec waved good bye and walked off.

Taecyeon's POV

I climbed into my car. I pulled out my cell phone and speed dialed somebody.

"Hello?"

"Junsu hyung. I need you to arrest somebody."

6 months later

Author's POV

"All rise."

The sound of people rising from their seats as they waited for the judge to enter the court room.

"The judge has enter the room. You may seat down."

The people sat down and waited for the hearing to begin.

"Will the defendant please come forth to the stand."

Younghe stood up and walked to the box. I sat down and Taecyeon stood in front of her and began to ask questions.

"Was Miss CL the one that pushed you off the building?"

"Yes."

Your POV

"Could you please tell me what happened from the beginning?"

I told the story just like the other times I've said it. After I was done, the plaintiff walked up to me and began to question me as well.

Hes just trying to scare me.

The judge asked if Taecyeon had anything to say. He shook his head and said

"The defendant rest your honor."

The judge nodded and moved to CL.

"Will the plaintiff please come to the stand."

CL walked to the stand and went through the exact same thing as Younghe. Except she denys all of the accusations. That made me clench my teeth and my blood boil.

Watch CL. I'll make you pay for trying to end my life.

After CL finished talking, it was Taec oppa's turn to talk to CL.

"Your honor. I'm going to show a surveillance footage that goes to the defendant's statement."

The judge motioned with his hand  to let him carry on. In his hand was a remote to the projector. He the projector and the lights to the court room dimmed down. A video was projected to a screen. The surveillance camera was from the building next to the school. You could see a couple of people on the roof of the building except nobody could make out who the people were. 

"If you zoom in to the roof, you could see the defendant and the plaintiff on the roof. The plaintiff is not alone. With her is CAP and Ricky of the school's football team. You can see these two help tie the defendant with rope found on the roof. Ricky and CAP puts her on the ledge and CL pushes her off."

Gasping sounds could be heard and murmuring could be heard through out the court room.

"Order! Order in the court!"

The judge said as he slammed down his hammer down on the desk. Taec oppa shut off the projector and the light became lighter. 

"That is all your honor."

He walked back to the seat and I was asked to leave the stand. CL took my place and she had this look of nervousness. Taec oppa leaned close to me and whispered in my ear.

"I don't think they have very strong evidence to help prove she didn't do it."

I nodded, agreeing. Somewhere in my gut, I knew we won.

The judge has ordered for recess. Taec oppa gave me a reassuring smile and walked out to get some fresh air. The court room began to fill up as the recess came to an end.

"Now is the time for the end statements from both parts."

Taec oppa stood up and tried to convince the jury to convict CL guilty for attempted murder but he could tell who the jury wants to pick.

The plaintiff stood up and tried to convince the jury to convict CL not guilty but he knew it was a weak attempt.

I watch as the jury walked out to decide. It felt like hours as we all sat there, waiting for the jury to come back with a verdict. Within 10 minutes, they came back in the room.

"Have the jury reach a final verdict?"

A man stood up with a piece of paper.

"Yes your honor."

"We the jury have made the decision to convict CL guilty of attempted murder of the 1st degree."

I sat there with a wide smile on my face. Taec oppa gave me a toothy grin and gave me a hug. 

The jury slammed his hammer down, announcing the trial is over. 

I saw CL get hand cuffed by police officers. I turned to look at Taec oppa.

"What going happens to her oppa?"

"It depends on her next trial to find out her sentence."

I nodded, glad I won't have to see her ever again.

Something grabbed my shoulder. I turned around to me pulled into a hug by Junnie oppa. Khunnie oppa and unnie pulled us both into a group hug including Taec oppa. The hug broke up but we were still in each other's arms. A set of warm arms circled around my waist. I turned around to see Wooyoung with the biggest smile I have ever seen. I hugged him back.

"I love you Younghe."

"I love you too."

He pulled back and stared into my eyes. He slowly leaned forward and our lips met.

Its now all over.


Hey people!!!! Sorry for the short trial session ^___^" This series is coming to a close. The next three chapters will be epilogues of their future <3