Unchanged

We Found Love

“! Sniper!” she snarled.

The sniper shot her Phone. She can still feel the hot bullet that scraped her right cheek. She slowed down and maneuvered the motorbike at the side of the road, making a zigzag path for the sniper to loose focus. She picked up the gun and aim at the back tire of the car but missed it. Another shot was heard and it hit the motorbike’s side mirror.

She fastened the motorbike’s speed and positioned it beside the car, aiming her gun at the tinted window, she’s about to pull the trigger when the car moved to her lane and bumped the side of the car to her motorbike, she lost control and she fell at the side of the road. She groaned in pain as she felt the cold cement hit her back. She looked at the car’s direction, but it suddenly disappeared. She stayed there looking up at the sky, praying to God that she’ll make it home.

 

=========

He’s been observing Donghoon’s behavior right after he switched position with Agent Park. He saw him fidgeting and was talking to someone over the phone every once in awhile. He can see him wiping his forehead from the invisible sweat, looking at him every 5 seconds but will avoid eye contact. Just then Agent Park appeared beside him and whispered something to him. Donghoon’s body froze and his eyes widen. His gaze shifted to Agent Park’s expression but it was blank.

His heart began beating erratically, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, his hands was sweating and was cold.

“Oppa? Are you alright?” Hana asked him but he was too immersed observing Donghoon and Agant Park’s silent conversation that he forgot about Hana

He saw Donghoon whispered something to Agent Park, and after that Agent Park walked out of the room, his retreating back tensed. He then turned to Donghoon and saw him having a heated conversation with the other line. He can’t take it anymore. He walked towards Donghoon and faced him

“What’s wrong?” he ask calmly, hiding the nervousness inside him

“Oh. N-nothing” Donghoon still avoiding his eyes

“Look at me when we’re talking” Yonghwa said sternly

“Will you wait for the party to finish?” Donghoon asked

But Yonghwa’s still looking at him, observing his expression. Right then Donghoon’s mobile phone rang, he’s about to answer it but Yonghwa snatched it to him and opened it without talking, listening intently to the other line.

Agent Park will you home. We’re still looking for Agent Seo. We can’t trace her still. For now, please calm down and we’ll update you of anything happened.

The line went dead. He was paralyzed.

Seohyun’s missing?!

He looked at Donghoon again and dragged him outside the room, ignoring Hana who’s calling him repeatedly.

“What the hell is happening?!” Yonghwa shouted furiously

“A-agent Seo” Donghoon stuttered

Donghoon saw his reaction. His face paled, his eyes widen, and he stood there just looking at him

“Yonghwa are you okay?” he shook him

“Is Agent Park with her??” Alarm in his voice

“S-she chased them a-alone” he saw his jaw clenched and his knuckles white

“THEM?!” Yonghwa felt like passing out, the drum rolls in his chest won’t stop

“When did this happen? How about Agent Park??! Why is he not with her?! Why did she go herself?? Where is Agent Park now??” Yonghwa bombarded him with questions, shaking his shoulders forcefully

“Calm down Yonghwa”

“Calm down?!” Yonghwa looked at him disbelievingly “How the hell will I calm down when she’s there chasing my murderer ALONE?!” he shouted again

“Who is she in your life? Why is she that important to you??” Donghoon asked,feeling intrigued. It was the first time he saw Yonghwa react like that. And it amazes him. Seohyun is really something to him.

Agent Park appeared all of a sudden, his blank face awhile ago looked troubled now.

“Any news?!” Yonghwa asked quickly

“Sorry but you need to go home now” Agent Park said sternly

“What happened to Joohyun?!” Agent Park looked at him, his eyes widen upon hearing what Yonghwa called Seohyun

“I mean Agent Seo!” Yonghwa mentally slapped himself

“O-oh. We still don’t have news about her.”

“Let’s go” Yonghwa said. Feeling restless as time goes by

 ========

It was past midnight when they arrived on his place. He walked straight to her temporary room (they decided to stay in his guest room. The Agency ordered them to guard him 24/7, saying that it’s for safety precautions) and her scent filled his nose, it’s still the old perfume she’s using. His favorite among the other perfume, the scent he won’t forget even after years and years of being apart.

But she’s not there. The bed was tidy, even her luggage and things are neatly stacked on its place. He decided to shower first to calm his mind.

After an hour, he decided to go to the kitchen and make himself coffee. He was about to enter the kitchen when he heard Sanghyun talking over the phone

“Sajangnim. We still don’t have new news about her” his voice solemn.

“I know sajangnim. I know she’s strong. But thinking that she’s not yet here and probably something bad happened, I just can’t *sigh* I can’t think of it. We’ve been through a lot of cases but this one, I noticed that she’s so dedicated on this one. She’s so eager to solve it. She’s so desperate to catch the murderer. That’s why she didn’t think twice and just followed the suspicious car all by herself.”

“She called me, yes. But only to tell to keep an eye on Yong Hwa-ssi. And she even threatened me if I dare to tell yonghwa about the situation. That stubborn woman”

Yonghwa was clenching his phone, his knuckles turn white. He decided to walk in and ignore Sanghyun who quickly excused himself after seeing him.

He laughed bitterly. Instead of making coffee, he decided to go to the mini bar and get himself a strong drink to calm his mind. He looked at the clock

Quarter to two. Seo Joo Hyun where are you? Please God make her safe. Yonghwa silently prayed.

He decided to stay in the balcony, the one that’s facing the gate.

30 minutes

1 hour

1 hour and 30 minutes

He’s now feeling more restless, pacing back and forth, he finished 3 glasses already and yet the alcohol won’t take effect. Still Chanting Please let her be safe a lot of times. Glancing at his watch, looking at the gate, and repeat again.

It was after 4 when he saw a faint light in front of the gate. Then he saw Sanghyun rushed in and opened the gate.

He was waiting at the staircase when they entered the front door. Looking at her with that deadly glare, arms folded across his chest, leaning on the balustrade, legs crossed. He waited for them to come closer, and saw Sanghyun supporting her.

His mind was in turmoil. He doesn’t know what to feel. Anger, Relief, Pain, but is dissipate when she looked at him straightly and smiled at him, tiredness visible in her face.

“Glad your safe” she said

And before he answers her with sarcasm, she fainted. He sprinted to her side in an instant, taking her body from Sanghyun

“It’s okay Yonghwa-ssi I can handle this. You can rest now”

“No.” was all he said, when he still don’t let go of Seohyun, Yonghwa glared at him, before forcefully pulling Seohyun off his hold.

Donghoon was shocked with it. On how Yonghwa looked at Seohyun worriedly, concern etched all over his face. Yonghwa forcefully pull Seohyun away from his grasp and stood up like he’s used on carrying her. He climbed the staircase with ease while still looking at Seohyun. Then he went straight to his own room, carrying her with him. Sanghyun just stared at his retreating back, mind filled with confusion.

“I’m confused too” Donghoon popped out behind Sanghyun

“Ne?” Sanghyun asked

“I’m confused on Yonghwa’s behavior as well. He’s not the type to show concern in anyone. That’s why I’m quite confused on what’s their relationship back then.” Donghoon smiled and patted Sanghyun’s shoulder 

 “Thanks for your hard work. You can rest now. And also, you don’t need to wake up early. I’m sure as hell he won’t go out today.” They’re about to walked out of the room when they heard Yonghwa’s door opened. They saw him rushed to the kitchen to get a basin and water, then rushed to her bedroom to get her dress and ran restlessly back to his bedroom. Oblivious of the two who’s looking amuse on his behavior.

“Looks like a mother hen to me” Sanghyun said, amazement in his voice

“See? I haven’t seen him like this. Even when I get sick that I’m close to death, he didn’t even behave like that! Aish this man!” Donghoon laughed

“Well then. Let’s sleep. I’m tired” Donghoon yawned. And they went straight to their own respective room.

 

=======================

She looks really tired. He sighed, relieve that she’s safe already. He caressed her forehead and felt that it was hot. She’s having fever!

He got up and fetched for basin with water, towel in the kitchen and her change of clothes in her bedroom. He carefully undressed her, making sure the door is locked. Surely she won’t angry at me for undressing her right?

He carefully dab the towel on her hot skin, she was mumbling something incoherent, catching the word “safe” and “him”.

“If you’re talking about me, yes I’m safe. It’s you pabo who got into trouble without thinking” he said softly, staring at her

He noticed the scratch on her face and stood up to get the first aid kit. While applying ointment, he heard her groan in pain, he blew air on it as he dab the ointment carefully, making sure it won’t hurt that much. She then sighed in relief, as she felt the coldness of the ointment in her wound. She snuggled close to him unknowingly. Making him froze.

After taking care of her, he tucked her on his blanket and sat beside the bed, staring at her. 

=======================

She woke up, as the sun stream down her face, making it warm. She tried to stretch her body but it feels sore especially her back. She groaned in pain, putting both her hands on her face.

“that’s what you get in being stubborn Seo Joo Hyun” that voice. Her eyes flew open. She bolted up all of a sudden, making her fall back to the bed due to the pain she felt.

She opened her eyes again, only to notice that she’s not in her own room.

“Why am I here?” she whispered, enough for him to hear it

“Why did you do that?” he answered, voice cold

“Thank you for taking care of me. I should go to my room now” She sat up and turned at the side of the bed, only to be stopped by him and pinned her down forcefully back to his bed

“Don’t think that you can go out of this room easily” he said, both her arms was pinned down on both sides of her face. He was positioned on top of her, making her blush crimson red

“L-let g-go” she said, looking at the side, avoiding his intense gaze

“Look at me when I’m talking to you” he said sternly

“Why did you do that?!” he screamed

“It’s my job!!” she backfired

“Your job?! Is it your job to be killed so that you can save someone’s life?!” he pinned her deeper, and saw her wince in pain.

“Where does it hurt?” his expression change from being livid to being worried

“M-my back A-appeuda” he sighed, seeing her pained expression.

“Let’s go to the hospital” he said, looking at her, concern etched on his face

“No need. I’m fine. It will heal fast” she stubbornly said, making him angry again

“What exactly happened?”

“Nothing extraordinary. Besides, I failed to catch them” she said, regret flashed through her eyes

“What happened? And with these, what happened?” he caressed her cheek where the scratch was. She flinched

“I-it’s just-“

“Don’t lie or I’ll lock you here for days” he threatened, and heard her sigh in defeat.

“T-the scratch w-was caused by the b-bullet” she felt him froze

“and your back pain?”

“I-I fell from the m-motorbike”

“Why exactly did you fell from the motorbike?!”

“Yonghwa-ssi!”

“Tell me”

“I was about to shoot the murderer from the side of the car but the car drove on my lane and bumped into the motorbike, I lost control and I fell from the side of the road! There! Happy?!” she said in one go

“Do you think I’m happy?!” he pinned her down more on the bed, feeling his anger coming back

“Quit being an Agent” he blurted out without thinking

“MWO?! Yonghwa-ssi. You’re over reacting!” she struggled to move away from his firm grasp

“It’s freaking dangerous! Can’t you see?!?!!” he screamed in frustration

“Let go of me!!” she screamed back, the tears started to build up on the side of her eyes.

====================

Donghoon was about to go the kitchen but stopped when he heard screaming on Yonghwa’s bedroom. Looks like they’re fighting, so he decided to be the referee once and for all, he opened the door noiselessly only to be welcomed by the sight of him on top of her, pinning her down, glaring at each other. He contemplated if he’ll back out or just stop them. He decided to do the latter.

“Y-you two!” he shouted, pointing at them. Yonghwa and Seohyun’s angry gaze shifted on him, making him move back

“LEAVE US!” they both shouted, and they continued throwing deadly glare on each other.

“A-ahrasso” he turned around and closed the door quickly, breathing a sigh of relief as he stepped out from the war zone.

“Donghoon-ssi! Have you seen Seohyun-ssi?” Donghoon came out of Seohyun’s room, holding his mobile.

“O-oh. S-she’s here” Donghoon pointed on Yonghwa’s room.

“Oh. T-thanks” Sanghyun turned the knob without knocking

“Andwae!!” but Donghoon was too late to warn him, he saw them. Yonghwa pinning her on the bed, face inches apart from each other, Sanghyun froze, he felt something stab his heart.

“I told you!” Donghoon shouted, making Yonghwa and Seohyun looked at them

“Oh Sanghyun-ssi” He heard Seohyun called

“O-oh. Seohyun-ssi. You have a call from Agent Kang. He said it’s urgent”

They saw Seohyun struggle from Yonghwa’s tight grasp. They stared at each other for more than a minute before Yonghwa side and said to her

Do it here. We’re not yet done.

She nodded coldly, reaching for Sanghyun’s phone.

“Agent Seo speaking” she maintained eye contact with Yonghwa

“Agent Seo! I think I know who Mr. Jung murderer is!!” Kang Min Hyuk shouted on the other line.

 

====================================TBC=========================

Author's Note

Uwaaaaaaah! One of the longest update I guess? haha! how's WFL? is it ok? Sorry for not updating regularly.

Thank you so much for all the comments! and subbies too! 

Thank you for taking time to read BD, WFL, and ICFYL. soo happy everytime I read your lovely comments. hihi

Can you guess what's my next update? keukeu

 

Till next update!!

 

Ciao!

 

-Azile<3