Sweet Sorrow

We Found Love

 

[Please play this BGM till the end! Pleaseee :D ]

“Mrs. S-Seo” Minhyuk was the first one to break the eerie silence. The old lady looked at him, looking devastated, pale, and… grieving.

“Minhyuk?” said the old woman, her voice shaky

 

“Mrs. Seo”

The old woman rushed to him and hugged him tight.

Minhyuk froze, his heart beating erratically. His knees wobbly

“My Princess” the old woman whispered, her voice breaking “My Princess”

“Hyung!” Minhyuk looked at the boys and saw Yonghwa kneeling at the floor, his face void with emotion, knuckles paled, jaw clenching.

“Y-yonghwa?” he looked up and was shocked that Seohyun’s mom knew him

He badly want to ask how did she knew him, but he can’t find his voice to say something. He was shaking, his heart beating erratically

“Is that you?” Seohyun’s mom whispered, walking towards him without taking her eyes off her. She looks like Seohyun a lot, her sparkly eyes, the shape of her face. He felt a tear fell from his blurry eyes

He nodded weakly, her mother reached out for him, he reached for her hands

“Yong” she sobbed, and fainted. 

 

 

================================================================================================

 

They were sitting at the sofa near the bed where Seohyun’s mom was lying, sleeping.

“Princess” they heard her mumble, fresh tears cascading down her face

“Hyung” Mino nudge Minhyuk and pointed at Yonghwa who was looking at the window, face still voice with emotion.

It scares them, how he bottle up his emotion inside. They’re too scared to talk to him, fearing that he’ll just explode and do something drastic.

“I don’t know what to do either” said Minhyuk, covering his face with his hands

“She’ll be safe hyung” Mino said, tapping Minhyuk’s back. The latter’s shoulders were shaking

“Yonghwa hyung!” they looked up and saw Yonghwa was about to storm out of the room

“Hyung!” Taehyun stopped him

“Let go off me, if you don’t want to be beaten up” their eyes widen, his steely voice made them cringe. Yet Taehyun braved up and decided not to let him go

“Hyung, please calm down. We don’t know what really happened. There’s still a chance that-“

“OF COURSE SHE’S ALIVE! WHAT THE HELL NAM TAEHYUN?!” he attacked him and was about to punched him when Chansung and the other boys stopped him

“Hyung! Please calm down! You being brutal won’t solve anything right now!” Mino said, earning a deadly glare from Yonghwa

“DON’T SAY SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT! YOU DON’T KNOW HER ENOUGH TO THINK THAT WAY OF HER!” Yonghwa shouted furiously “THERE’S STILL A CHANCE?! OF COURSE THERE IS! SHE’S PROBABLY SOMEWHERE RIGHT NOW LOOKING FOR US!”

“MY PRINCESS!!” they all looked at Seohyun’s mom who bolted up from the bed and was about to run to the door when they stopped her

“Mrs. Seo calm down. You’re safe now. Please calm down” Minhyuk said, patting the old woman’s back lightly, soothing her.

“My princess. Ottoke?” she was crying again

“Please don’t be like that.” They all looked at Yonghwa who was looking at Seohyun’s mom with sad eyes “She’s alive and will be here in a short while.” He smiled at the old woman, he reached for her hand and enclosed it with his warm ones “So why don’t you rest and not let Joohyun worry? She’ll probably rip our heads off if she saw you in that state. Please rest” he ushered her to the bed, Seohyun’s mom willingly oblige.

She sat down, not letting go of Yonghwa’s hands.

“She really loves you” her mom looked up to Yonghwa and smiled sadly

Yonghwa tightened his hold in her hands, and nodded, trying hard to smile but failed “The feeling is mutual” he said softly, gaze softening as soon as she mentioned her daughter.

She tapped the space beside her, asking him to sit beside her. Yonghwa slowly sat, taking a deep breath, as his eyes stayed transfixed at the dusty floor.

“Yong” His tears started falling uncontrollably, his shoulders shaking

“No please, don’t. Whatever you’ll say, don’t.” he pleaded as her mom looks at him with sad eyes.

“Yong” she called softly “Come here child”

Yonghwa didn’t think twice as he hugged the woman who gave birth to the girl he deeply love.

“Please please please please don’t. P-please” he was crying hard.

 “Here” he looked up, although his eyes were still blurry with the fresh tears pouring out non-stop

Her mom gave him a box, he stared at it, and his heart stopped as he saw the fresh blood marks at the box.

He reached for it with shaking hands

“Child” Mrs. Seo cupped his face and made him look at her “Whatever you’ll see inside that box, treasure it. Accept it freely, may this thing set you free, make a new life, live the life that you’re supposed to be living with my daughter.”

He was looking at her with pure anguish in his eyes, not minding the tears that’s continuously cascading down his face. She wiped it and made him look at her again “She loves you, she loves you so much. May her love release you from the pain you felt and the pain you’re feeling right now. Use it as your will to move forward, she treasures you enough to do this things to you” she smiled and ushered him to open the box

He shakily picked the letter on the top of the stacks of paper. He caressed the neat writing on the paper, with heavy heart, he keeps on reading it repeatedly.

To my forever…

Before opening it, he took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he calmed his mind.

 

To my forever,

 

Jung Yong Hwa! Hi baby! Don’t cry ahrajji? Or else you’ll be the first one to lose! Remember our deal? The first one to cry everytime we read each other’s message will lose! Ha! Please don’t make yourself look like a loser!

Oppa, you know I love you right? Ever since I laid my eyes on you, it’s you I badly want to spend the rest of my existence here on Earth. Ever since the first time I talked to you, I fell in love with you. You don’t know how happy am I, no words can express my feeling when it comes to you. So whenever you ask me how much I love you, I can’t talk right? Don’t misunderstood it though, Actions speaks louder than words right? So as much as I can, I want to make you feel my love. But you keep on beating me with it! You always know how to express your love for me, sometimes I think that I don’t deserve someone as perfect as you. They said, no, especially you, always tell me that I’m perfect. Aniyo, I can’t even compare myself to you.

You are the missing piece of me, you filled my empty life with your love and care. You gave me strength to overcome all of this, at times when I want it to badly end everything, I always think of you, then I’ll feel alive again.  

I want to say Sorry though. I left you, I left you and break you. Yong, I’m sorry. It wasn’t my intention to leave you, I don’t even want to leave your side. But I want to fulfill the promise I made with Dad, I want to look for Mom too, and the main reason why I left you, I want to stop the death threats you’re receiving. I know it Yong. I know you keep on receiving death threats, but still you won’t tell me and make me worry. I needed to leave you, so that we can live happily after all of this chaos.

I didn’t basically left you though, I was there, in every special occasion of your life, I was there. I saw how you succeed, how you made your way to the top. And with that, you made me fall in love with you over and over again. I’m so proud of you baby, I’m so proud of everything you accomplished. I’m a proud girlfriend! I know you badly want to hear it personally, but ottoke? I can’t right now, just telling it to you beforehand though. Incase…

  I love you… I love you… I love you…

Since the day I stayed in your house again, I creep in your room and watch you sleep peacefully, because seeing you sleeping peacefully give my heart assurance that you’re still there, that what’s happening right now is true and not just a dream that I kept on dreaming ever since we parted. I keep on whispering you those words every night, at exactly 11pm. I know you know why it’s that time! But in case you forgot it already, it’s the first time we said I love you to each other! Am I that cheesy? Well, I just remember it eversince that happened. And I also remember the date! February 11 2010, the first I love you. I keep on repeating it to you, every night, I want your heart to remember it, I want your heart to beat again, for me and only for me. I want to melt your frozen heart, so I chant those magical words to you again and again, hoping to succeed.

I still want to tell you a lot of things, but until then, I’ll just tell it to you face to face, I’ll pray for it then, if I succeed getting out of here. I love you!

I still remember how you told me this line. “FIGHT FOR ME!! ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO FIGHT FOR ME JOOHYUN!! I can tolerate all the things your father is doing to me as long as you’re here beside me. All those years that we’re together, I did nothing but to fight for you, to fight for this relationship. I can tolerate all the pain, all the hurtful words, but please, please protect me too.”  The moment I heard you saying it to me, it hit me hard, I’m sorry for not protecting you from my father back then. But now I fulfilled it right? I fought for you Yong, I did now. Although it’s not that easy to fight for you and protect you, I succeeded. I think it’s my mission in life, to protect and love my other half. And guess what? Mission success! I love you Yong.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love my every morning with you.

I love waking up with you.

I love sleeping beside you.

I love being in your arms.

I love everything about you.

But I will love you more, if you can continue living for us. For us Yong, if ever I failed this one, continue living for us.

I love you.

Till my last breath.

Till death do us apart.

I love you.

Till forever.

But if that forever won’t happen, I’ll gladly love you until time permits. Until destiny and faith permits.

I love you Jung Yong Hwa, you are my one and only. From the start till the end, it will always always always be you. My prince, It will always be you.

 

-Seo Joo Hyun

========================================================================================

His soul and heart left him, he can feel it. He feels empty inside, nothing but emptiness. The coldness seeped through his heart making it numb.

When will these damn tears stop falling??

He’s dying inside, he’s angry, he’s wailing in agony. But his face remained stoic, his tears won’t stop falling.

“Yong” he looked blankly at her mother “Don’t cry child. She loves you too much to-“

“Andwae! Andwae! Please! No! Stop!” he covered his ears with his hands, eyes tightly shut “I won’t hear it!”   

He stood up and ran out of the room, people were calling him, but all he can hear is his heart breaking, and his soul leaving him.

He climbed the stairs and reached the rooftop. The smell of burning woods wafted the wind., reminding him again.

“YOU’RE NOT DEAD RIGHT? YOU’RE NOT DEAD! I CAN STILL FEEL YOU! STOP LYING!!!! I BEG YOU STOP LYING!!!”

He fell on his knees, tightly clutching the letter in front of his heart.

“SHOW YOURSELF TO ME! DON’T HIDE AGAIN! DON’T LEAVE ME AGAIN!”

“I LOVE YOU! I NEVER STOPPED LOVING YOU! THERE! I SAID IT! YOU SUCCEED IN MELTING MY HEART! YOU’RE SPELL WORKED! YOU MELTED MY HEART! JUST COME OUT NOW! I CAN’T TAKE ANOTHER HEARTBREAK JOOHYUN. I CAN’T TAKE IT.”

Not minding the coldness that’s biting his skin, not minding his numbing body.

“PABO! YOU ARE SO STUBBORN! HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?! HOW CAN YOU SHOULDER ALL OF IT?! HOW CAN YOU MANIPULATE ALL OF US HUH?! YOU THINK YOU’RE THAT SMART?! IF YOU’RE THAT SMART THEN WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU THINK OF SAVING ME?! YOU DIDN’T SAVE ME! YOU DIDN’T SAVE MY HEART! YOU SAID YOU SAVE ME, BUT WHAT YOU DID KILL ME INSTEAD!”

“YOU KILLED ME!!”

“You didn’t save yourself which is my life…” He lied there at the cold cement, pouring his heart out, venting all the emotions he’s feeling.

“I love you Seo Joo Hyun, I love you too much.” He sobbed as his world fell apart.

=====================================================================================================

 

  “Hyung, as much as I don’t want to hurt you more, I need to tell you this.” Sanghyun said in a low voice, observing Yonghwa’s behavior, but he still remained stoic, he looked at him blankly, waiting for what he’s about to confess.

“That time, when we were running out of the room to escape, she sent another code.”

That made Yonghwa sat up, and looked at him, waiting for his next words.

“S-she said I love you” Yonghwa looked outside the window

“Go” his voice croaked, as he tried so hard to control his emotion. He heard the chair scraped the floor

“Hyung” Sanghyun called him again, but he didn’t looked up “There’s another thing she said.”

“I said Go.” His voice was shaking, he knows it, but he keeps on denying that, thinking that he misunderstood it.

“S-she said L-“

“I SAID GO!” he shouted, looking at him with blazing eyes

Sanghyun went out of the room with heavy heart, just when he closed the door, a loud crashing sound came from Yonghwa’s room.

Yonghwa felt lost, he doesn’t know what to feel anymore. He clearly remembers it, her last code, her last words before… before the explosion happened.

 

 I love you Yong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Live for me...