Promise

Life with EXO-K

 

The plane landed safely on the platform at The Incheon Airport. The 12 boys walk out of the airport, heading to their van. They seem tired and restless. Instead of getting a goodnight sleep, they needed to get to the SM building to practice for their upcoming comeback.

 

Yura pulled down her cap, covering her face completely. There were a few reporters and paparazzi scattered around the airport. She believed that one of the paparazzi was responsible for the pictures in the articles about her.

 

The boys and the other crews got into the van, leaving Yura. She closed the door and hold on her backpack stripe. Yura walked away, towards the taxi. Then, Suho came out pulling her shoulder to face him.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Suho asked.

 

“I have something to do. I’ll meet you guys at home,” Yura said.

 

“You need to follow us. It’s dangerous. You never know what these reporters, paparazzi and the fans could do to you.”

 

Yura smiled. Glad to hear that Suho does care about her. “It will be more dangerous if I’m near you guys. I’ll be fine Suho oppa. Don’t worry,” she said in a convincing way.

 

Suho sighed and nodded his head. He patted Yura’s head before heading back to the van.

 

The two black vans drove out of her sight. She got into one of the taxi and told the taxi driver an address to take her there. The taxi driver started the engine, eyes on the road, drawing down a map in his mind towards the destination.

 

Yura switched on her phone. After a few minutes of waiting, hundreds of notifications popped up. A few calls from private numbers, texts from her clients, hundreds calls from Minji and a call from Yusong. She wondered why Yusong called her.  

 

Her thumb pressed on the green button, dialing Minji’s number. A few beeps passed, Minji picked up the call.

 

“Gosh, Yura! I’ve been tr---“

 

“Minji, I’m on my way to your house right now,” she said, hanged up the phone without listening to Minji whining.

 


 

The cab stopped in front of Minji’s house. Yura held out her purse and paid the taxi driver. She turned around, caught Minji stood near her house gate with her arms crossed on her chest. There was an unsatisfied look on her face.

 

Yura approached Minji, removing her cap from her head. A weak smile drew on her face. She looked as tired as the other 12 boys. 

 

“Mind to explain,” Minji said, gritting his teeth.

 

“Can we talk in your house? Is your parent home?”

 

Minji shook her head, grabbing Yura by her wrist and went into the house. They climbed up the stairs, closed the door behind her.

 

“Now talk.”

 

Yura rolled her eyes, threw her backpack onto the bed. She already made up her mind during the journey from Kazan to Seoul. She wanted to tell Minji the whole story. Everything regarding her life, her personal affairs as a spy and her current job. She thought that it was time to tell someone about it rather than to keep it to herself. And the only person that she could trust was Minji, her only friend.

 

“This may sound ridiculous but I hope you won’t hate me,” Yura said, resting her hands on Minji’s shoulder.

 

Both of them sat on the bed and the night passed as Yura told Minji about her life. There were a mixed of feelings filled the room. At some point, Minji felt anger towards her friend but the next minute, she felt sorry for Yura.

 

“Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this.”

 

Minji held out her pinkie finger and said, “pinkie promise.” They made a promise that night, a friendship promise.

 

“But, can I at least meet Suho again. Pleaseeeee,” Minji blinked her eyes rapidly, holding her hands together.

 

Yura smirked and hit Minji’s forehead with her finger. Then, a smile reappeared on both of their faces. Yura started to believe in Minji as her best friend.

 

“Anyway, what with this image? Short hair, short jeans, big shirt. Wait...... don’t tell me you.... Yura!!!” Minji yelled, making Yura jumped a little.

 

“You read that article?” Yura sounded she was shock.

 

“The whole school are talking about it. Yura, this is serious. I mean, what should we do? If they found out about it, you’ll be terminate in a seconds. You do know how the fans work right?” Minji blurted.

 

“Slow down Minji. They won’t find out about it if you don’t tell them. That’s why I changed my image.”

 

A sigh escaped Minji’s lips. She was indeed worried about her friend. Suddenly everything tensed up, making Minji’s nerves straighten. The room fell into a deep silence.

 

Then, the sound of a ringtone filled the air, diverted the girls attention towards Yura’s phone. Yura took out her phone from the pocket of her short jeans. She looked at the caller ID with her brows raised.

 

“Yes, madam?”