Goodnight II

Life with EXO-K

 

The clock on the wall read 12AM. The boys were already in their dorm, resting for a few hours before heading back to the practice room at the SM building. Chanyeol was in the bathroom, showering while the others were in the living room.

 

Baekhyun was laying on the floor with his hands supporting his head.

 

“Hyung, where’s Yura? I thought she’s home,” Sehun asked, sitting in between D.O and Kai. Suho raised his shoulder, as a sign he don’t know.

 

The boys were in an intensive practice since their comeback will be in next few weeks. They needed to brush up their dancing skill, stamina, vocals and rap. Everything has to be perfect because everyone was expecting so much from them.

 

Chanyeol got out from the bathroom wearing a boxer. He was brushing his hairs with his towel, walked ahead towards the living room. Their apartment bell rang, caught everyone’s attention. Chanyeol glanced at s, smiling, telling them that he will check on it.

 

“There, Yura is home,” Suho said.

 

Chanyeol headed to the entrance, peeking through the small round window on the door. But he couldn’t see clearly since the person who was pressing on the bell was blocking his view.

 

“But if it’s her, she don’t have to ring the bell,” Kai said, poking D.O’s shoulder from behind Sehun.

 

Suho lifted his head, facing Kai. He figured out that Kai might be right. If it wasn’t Yura, it might have been  their manager but their manager knows the passwords. So, who was the one ringing the bell during midnight?

 

Chanyeol hold on the door handle, pulling it. His eyes travel from the bottom up to the person’s face. Pair of snickers, sweat pants and blue v neck shirt.

 

“Yes?” Chanyeol asked, wrapping his towel around his neck.

 

“Is Yura home?”

 

“No, who’re you?”

 

There was a paused. The man was inspecting every corner of Chanyeol’s body. There was a smirk on his face when he saw Chanyeol being shirtless. Chanyeol started to feel uncomfortable.

 

“I’m Yura’s brother, Park Yusong. Where is she?”

 


 

It was already 30 minutes passed 12 but Yura wasn’t home yet. Everyone tensed up knowing that Yura was alone out there, somewhere around the city. They already tried calling Yura a few times but she did’t picked up. Yusong seems calmed. He sat on the single couch while the others were focusing on him.

 

“I don’t know that Yura have a brother,” Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun.

 

“Me neither. They do have the same eyes. His brother looks is 50-50. But Yura, I give her 100,” Baekhyun said with a thumb up.

 

Yusong smiled, listening to them talking about him and his sister. It had been a while since the last time he heard someone comparing him with Yura. He felt like the missing pieces in his life have already been found.

 

“So, only the six of you and Yura live here?” Yusong asked, making the boys nervous.

 

Suho nodded his head. He was sitting on the long couch with the others except for Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who was sitting on the floor.

 

The room fell into silence. No one muttered a word. They seems getting the same vibe as they got from Yura, the vibe where they will obey with his orders.

 

The sound of the door opened broke the silence. Yura walked into the house with a weird expression. It was weird that it was quiet. She thought that the boys were already home.

 

Yura headed to the kitchen, placed her backpack on the kitchen counter. She saw they were sitting at the living room but did’t saw that Yusong was there because Yusong back was facing her. She opened the fridge, grabbing a water bottle.

 

“Why is it SOO LOUD in here? Someone died today?” Yura being sarcastic while pouring the water into a glass.

 

She turned around, drinking the water and looked at the boys in disbelief. They did’t responded to her words. They were supposed to be mad and a war should have been start. Yura put the empty glass into the sink.

 

“It’s nice to actually find that I live here alone.” Yura walked towards her room, carresing her short hair.

 

“We need to talk,” Yusong said, grabbing Yura’s fully attention.

 

“Why’re you here? You’re not supposed to be here.”

 

Yusong grab her wrist, heading to her room and locked the door. The boys ran towards the door, taking their places to ears dropping. Their ears where glued to the door, pushing each other to listen more clearly.

 

“Chanyeol! You’re stepping on my feet,” Suho whinned.

 

Baekhyun raised his hand to hit Suho’s head to be quiet.

 

“That was my head, Baekhyun!” Sehun smacked Baekhyun back.

 

“Guys, shut up! They will know that we’re listening,” Kai whispered with his hand rested on D.O’s shoulder.

 

Kai and D.O were the nearest person to the door while the other boys were behind them, leaning closer to the door. But actually, they couldn’t hear a thing, only the sound of the voices been cut. Their forehead creases, focusing really hard to at least hear something.

 

Then, a click sound – the door was unlocked from the inside, made D.O’s eyes rounded. He pulled Kai’s collar from the back. He ended up laying on top of Chanyeol, Baekhyun while Suho and Sehun were on the bottom. Kai managed to balance himself. Yura saw the funny incident and chuckled. She held out her hand to D.O. He took the offer and stood up with Yura’s help. They exchanged a smile.

 

Yusong felt different towards the small moment happened between D.O and her sister. He saw the sparkle on Yura’s eyes. It was the first time he saw her looking like that.

 

He sighed and said, “I am sorry, Yura. But I need my little sister back. I did’t mean to send you to do this job. I just don’t know how to start the conversation. And now, it was misleading away from my mere intention. Please, just come back as a normal teenager.”

 

“I need time to think.”

 

“And I will be waiting. You know where to find me,” Yusong said, gesturing his thumb to the next door.

 

Yura nodded her head and watched her brother walked out of the house. After the door shut tight, the boys started to ask different questions at once.

 

She left them and locked herself in her room, sending the boys back to silence. Seconds later, the door opened a little, showing Yura’s head in between.

 

“Ummm, Kyungsoo.... goodnight,” she said, blushing.  

 

Yura closed the door immediately, leaning her back against the door. She frowned but happy at the same time. There was a tingling feeling in her stomach as it seems it was butterflies. She smiled and thought, What is happening to me?

 

Meanwhile, D.O froze near Yura’s room. Then, he smiled, whispered, “goodnight, Yura.”