The New Manager

Life with EXO-K

 

“This is Manager Kim,” the long skirt woman said while pointing her finger towards a man that was standing next to the other two men.

 

Her finger moved to the person standing next to him, “This is Manager Tak.” I know.

 

“And this is Manager Lee.” I know him too.

 

“Fellas, meet your new assistant, Jung Yejun.”

 

Yura bowed in front of them. She flashed the biggest smile that she could ever gave. Everything doesn’t seems so new to her since she already recognized all of the six EXO’s manager. “Suyoung, I asked for an assistant. Not a BOY,” Manager Tak whispered, emphasizing the word boy.

 

Suyoung flipped the pages of the clipped papers in her hand. Then, her eyes moved from left to right, reading something from a particular page. “It stated here that he is still a student and a very capable one indeed. He is multi-talented and once been a trainee but left because he wanted to focus on his studies.” Well that was a whole pile of lies.

 

“What? Are you kidding me?” Manager Tak hands were resting on his hips.

 

“Sajangnim approved this. So, you should too,” Suyoung said.

 

Wait, he approved this? I mean. The resume doesn’t even made any sense. How is it even possible for him to approve this.

 

“I hope he can do his job well,” Manager Tak said in discomfort.

 

Suyoung faked a smile, placing her hands on Yura’s shoulder from the back. Then, she pushed her, breaking through the line of the three managers. Manager Tak doesn’t looked quite happy about it while the other two managers seems fine about it.

 

It was his idea at the first place to hire an assistant even though the six managers were more than enough to take care of the twelve boys. But, the reason behind this situation was, Manager Tak had to go back to his hometown. His mother was sick and he could be away for more than a week. There was a lot of things that needed to be settled since he was the only son.

 

And Yura was there to replace Manager Tak for less than a month. There were a lot of people who came for the interview for this part time job but somehow, Jung Yejun was hired.

 

 


 

The two ladies walked along the hallway with doors on both sides of the wall. Then, they stopped in front of a door at the very end of the hallway. Suyoung pushed the door, revealing the practice room with mirrors all around it. The twelve familiar boys were doing a routine from their latest comeback, Growl. The chorus of their song was very catchy and their choreography was indeed challenging their dancing skills. Not to mention their music video that was recorded continuously without any cut.

 

“Boys! Gather around for a minute. I want to introduce someone to all of you,” Suyoung shouted.

 

Yura’s palm was sweating. She was nervous and worried that they could recognized her from the very first glance especially the EXO-K’s boys. They could have knew her since they have been living under the same roof for quite some times.

 

The boys approached Suyoung and Yura, sweats ran down their forehead. They totally gave 110% for their comeback and everything was for the fans who were anticipating their comeback, supporting them.

 

“Meet Jung Yejun. Yejun will replace Manager Tak during his absent,” Suyoung explained.

 

All of the boys’ eyes were narrowing on her with creases formed across their forehead. None mutter a word. Yura coughed trying to losen up the tense atmosphere.

 

“You look….” Suho started.

 

Yura pressed her lips together, praying for the worst not to happen. “Surprisingly young,” Kris continued.

 

Yura heaved a relief sigh. “I am,” she said in her normal tone. Then, she intentionally coughed again, changing her voice tone to something more manly, “I mean, I am.”

 

“How old are y---” Chen asked but been cut by Suyoung’s words.

 

“Saves your questions for later. Yejun has something more important thing to do. Now, continue your rehearsal,” Suyoung ordered them with her hands waving back at them.

 

All of them shuffled to the middle part of the room except for Suho. He was still staring at Yura. I feel like I have seen him before. His face looks so familiar and why is that? "Suho, go," Suyoung snapped out of him. Suho smiled awkwardly and ran back to join his fellow brothers.

 

 

Suyoung and Yura left the room, walking down the hallway. Then, they entered another room which was on the forth floor. It was a big room with double door. Suyoung knocked on the door. She pushed the door, gesturing Yura to enter. Yura eyebrows were knitted, pushing her fake glasses up.

 

 

"Sajangnim wants to meet you."