Surprise

I Won't Say I'm In Love

Tiffany’s POV

The sun’s rays breached through the shade-shutters of my window, causing them to directly target my eyes. The brightness of the lights entered through the slits made by my eyelids, making me groan at the thought of waking up. I reluctantly pulled the sheets off of my body and lazily pushed myself off of my bed. I outstretched my arms and scrunched my toes, sending a feeling of stimulation to my lethargic body in hopes of waking me up.

I walked over to the bathroom and tended to my hygienic needs: Brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a shower, and all that refreshing stuff. After I finished, I put on my outfit for the day and headed off to school, excited for the plans ahead me.

As I arrived at the student parking lot, I noticed a mob of teenagers frantically walking out of the school. "What’s going on?" I said in shock. I was confused as to why the majority of the student body was outside. I heard someone knock on my car window, snapping me out of my trance. I turned to the source of the unexpected noise and saw a short, small-sized, teddy bear-like girl waving at me. I lowered my window and looked at the girl with a befuddled expression.

"Sunny," I asked. “What in the world is going on? How come the students are not in school?"

She snickered, which made me even more confused. “Did you hear?" The short girl said in amazement.

I was completely lost in the situation. “Hear what?"

"Some kid pulled a prank on the entire school." She said with a mischievous grin on her face.

"What did they do?" I questioned, becoming drawn into the mystery.

Sunny cleared before she spoke. “Well," she began. “You know how most of floors in our school are made out of tile yes?"

I didn’t see where she was going with this, but I continued to listen. "Well, that amazing kid decided to drown the ground in baby oil, so whenever people walk on it they slip, fall, tumble, and all that good stuff!" She laughed devilishly; I couldn’t help but chuckle along with her. It was contagious.

"So what happens now?" I said through my laughter.

Sunny smiled at my question. “I’m glad you asked. Since the baby oil covered tiles causes a safety hazard towards the students, the Principle decided that there will be no school today and all afternoon activities are cancelled."

My jaw dropped at the wonderful news. “Does that mean no detention for the day?"

"Yes," the teddy bear girl nodded. “No detention either. We’re free to do what we want today."

I clenched my fist in success. This was perfect. That means more time to spend with Taeyeon and Sunny, but mostly Taeyeon. I could feel a smile forming on my face.

"Do you have any plans today Tiffany?" Sunny asked. I turned my attention to her, giving her look that told her that I didn’t hear what she said the first time. She sighed and asked again, “Do you have any plans today Tiffany?"

I nodded my head. “Yes I do. Why?"

"Aw man." Sunny tossed her fist in defeat. “I was wondering if you wanted to spend this day together with me."

"Actually," I happily chuckled. “I was wondering the same thing."

The short girl’s face lit up. “Really Tiffany? Haha, wow, that’s awesome. Well, what are we waiting for?"

"Well, I was waiting for Taeyeon as well." I turned my head away from Sunny, hoping that she didn’t notice my blushing.

The teddy bear girl chuckled. “Oh yeah! We should get your girlfriend to hang out with us too. It’s not fair that for this whole week I get to keep you all to myself. I bet she’s jealous." She scrunched her face in my direction. I could feel her mocking me. The sharp knives of teasing were breaching my defensive barriers. I don’t know how much longer I could take Sunny’s constant verbal abuse.

I turned around to face her, flushed with fever. I could feel the feeling of embarrassment emitting from my body. My cheeks were abnormally warm, almost to the point of a scolding hot temperature. I gripped the steering wheel tight as could to release some stress while I used my other hand to point at her. Sunny flinched at my action of accusation.  "Hey! How many times do I have to tell you?!" I violently yelled at her. “Taeyeon is not my girlfriend! I repeat! She is not my girlfriend!"

"Who’s not your girlfriend?"

Sunny and I both turned around in shock to see a figure approaching us. I looked back over to the short girl who hunched over, slapping her knees in excessive laughter. I turned my gaze back to the figure and I immediately became immersed in embarrassment. I could feel my heart beating against my chest. To calm myself down, I clenched my hands on to the steering wheel again, indenting my fingerprints on to the leather cover.

"You have a girlfriend Tiffany?" I heard the person say. The words painfully stabbed into my chest. “I never knew you rocked the boat both ways."

"No, Taeyeon…" I mumbled through my teeth as I slowly turned my head to look at her. “I don’t have a girlfriend and for the record, I’m straight." As the words left my mouth I could hear Sunny laughing in the background. She’s enjoying my pain way too much. I sent an angry look in her direction. She didn’t notice my hostile stare, but I made a mental note to punish the short, height challenged, wild-bear of a friend later.

"Sunny?" Taeyeon shouted, surprised that the teasing danshin was in our midst. “What’s so funny?"

The short girl ceased her laughter as she proceeded to wipe a tear from her face. “Ah, nothing Taeyeon-ah. Don’t worry about it. Everything is set straight."

"Okay…" I heard Taeyeon reply with a skeptical tone in her voice. She had every right to doubt that little teddy danshin. It was a good thing I prevented myself from getting out of my car and punching Sunny in the face. If I did that, then Taeyeon would know that something was up.

"So," I hesitantly broke the silence. “Are you all ready to go?" The duo nodded their heads and proceeded to enter my car. Before they entered the vehicle, I got out and rushed over to where the petite was to open the door for her. As I placed my hand on the handle I looked over to the brunette-blonde girl, putting on my best face to prevent any nervousness or blushing. She warmly smiled back at me. I could tell that she was anticipating my next move. I smirked back and pulled on the latch to open the door. “For you my lady." I playfully bowed, my hand ushering her into the front seat.

She placed one hand on her chest and gasped enthusiastically while her other hand reached for mine to help her into the car. I blushed at the contact and I could feel my heart rapidly beat against my chest. “Why thank you." She cutely chuckled at me as she situated herself into her seat. “You’re very chivalrous Tiffany."

I laughed lightheartedly at her comment. “Thank you Taeyeon. I’m just trying to be a good friend you know?"

The brunette-blonde girl brought her eyes to gaze into mine. “Well you’re more than a good friend. You’re an amazing friend."

A spine-tingling sensation was sent through my body. I felt goosebumps start to form on my skin. A feeling of warmth overwhelmed my body and I swear that my legs almost gave out me. I caught myself out of my own trance with the strength I had left and smiled back at petite girl. “You’re an amazing friend too Taeyeon."

"Oh! Open the door for me Tiffany!" I heard someone in the background openly mock me. I snapped my head over to the teasing shorty next me. She had a sly smile on her face. I knew she was up to something to embarrass me. “Don’t leave me in the dust. Open the door for me too please."

"No!" I shouted, my tone clearly annoyed. “Open your own damn door. You have hands."

Sunny pouted and crossed her arms in front of her chest in mock disappointment. “That’s not fair. You open the door for Taeyeon but not for me?"

"I’m tired. I used all my energy opening Taeyeon’s door." I said frustratingly as I walked over to my side of the car. “Do it yourself."

"Aw, Tiffany. Don’t be like that." Sunny teased as she got into the vehicle. “After all we’ve been through during the two days of detention? All the blood, sweat, and painstaking hours we put to clean and fix up the library? Don’t you feel even the least bit of sadness for me? I worked so hard to lift up all the heavy items. My poor, little, height-challenged body needs a break. So why won’t you open the door for me?"

"Shut up Sunny. You’re already in the car." I retorted, which made Taeyeon let out a tiny chuckle.

"Hey Taeyeon-ah," the short girl playfully shouted. “You think this is funny? I worked my off to get this day off."

The brunette-blonde girl laughed again. “Yeah, it’s kind of hilarious. You’re kind of overreacting and being a bit over dramatic. It’s funny."

Sunny jokingly hit my shoulder and cupped her hand around my ear. “Your girlfriend thinks I’m funny." She whispered.

I mildly bonked her on her head with my fist and lightly pushed her back in to the seat. As I started the engine I remember what Sunny had said previously. I looked over to her in complete shock and asked, "Wait, day off… Does that mean you pulled the prank?"

She shook her head. “Nah, I didn’t do it, but I know who did."

Taeyeon and I looked back at Sunny. “Who did it?" We both said in unison.

A grin started to creepily form on the teasing danshin's face. I suddenly felt a strange eerie chill traveling up my spine. I’m pretty sure Taeyeon felt it too cause she looked a little bothered at Sunny’s actions. "Good way to set the mood here…" I sighed in distress.

"If I told you than it wouldn’t be as fun. Ah, it’s such a thrill keeping secrets isn't it?" Sunny smirked at both of us. I eyed her irritatingly, noticing the hidden context in her comment.

Sunny was so going to be dead when this day is done. I looked over at her frustratingly hoping that she would be threatened. Sunny mockingly stuck her tongue out at me, enjoying the flustered state I was in. That was it. I’ve decided it. She was going to die today.

As she kicked up her leg and sat comfortably in the seat, she haughtily asked, “Well, let’s get this show on the road shall we? We have a wonderful day ahead of us and wouldn’t want to waste it with you amazing people."

"Yeah, sure." The words grinded through my teeth. I could feel my hands clasping tighter on the steering wheel. “Let’s get going, yes?"

Taeyeon laughed at the situation which lightened the mood. “Yeah, let’s go. I can't wait for my surprise." She flashed her warm smile towards me and I suddenly felt all my anger disappeared.

"Yeah," I gladly replied, surprised that the petite had this kind of effect on me. “Let’s go."

---

"We’re here!" I shouted excitedly.

We arrived at a building that was surrounded by lively, but ridiculous and tacky props. The colored neon signs flashed brightly despite the fact that the sunlight was dimming their rays. The parking lot contained many cars, old and new. It showed that people of any age can still go here and have fun.

"Woah, a bowling rink?" Sunny exclaimed.

"Yeah!" I smiled as I got of the car to open the door for the duo. They got out and looked at the building in bewilderment. Noticing their expressions, I pouted. “What? You don’t like it?"

The petite girl turned to face me and sweetly chuckled at me. “I love it Fany. I think it’s cute. I haven’t been bowling in a while you know?"

My face lit up. “Really? Then I’m glad I brought you here."

"Ahem, and me too." Sunny teased.

We all laughed at the short girl's comment. “I didn’t forget about you." I said as I caught her head in my grasp. “I was going to say something sweet to you too."

"Aw, Tiffany, you’re too cute." the teddy bear girl winked at me as she cracked a smirk. “Don’t you agree Taeyeon?"

"Huh?" The brunette-blonde girl gave us a befuddled expression. “What?"

"Oh man, you didn’t hear me the first time?" Sunny sighed. Taeyeon shook her head as the teasing danshin repeated her question. “Do you agree with me that Tiffany is just the cutest person ever?"

I started to blush at the anticipation of Taeyeon’s answer. “Don’t answer that." I panicked. I faced my gaze away from her and squeezed Sunny's head within my one-arm hook.

"Ti-pany…" Sunny muffled quietly. “I c-can’t bre-eathe."

"You’re going to die." I whispered to her as I sent her a deathly glare. “I finally decided it. You’re going to die today."

The petite girl laughed at the entire situation like we were providing a gag concert as we walked to the bowling rink. “You guys are too funny." She smiled at us. “You’re like a comedic match made in heaven."

"Thanks Taeng!" Sunny loudly shouted as she escaped from my grip.  

"How did you know that's my nickname?" Taeyeon asked.

"I didn't." Sunny stated. "I just guessed. Does anybody else call you that?"

"I do." I proudly declared. 

We all shared another laugh as we got to the cashier to buy our lane, exchange our shoes, and select our bowling balls. While Taeyeon and I got our shoes on, Sunny got up from her seat and started to walk away.

"Hey, guys, I’ll be right back." She informed us.

"Where are you going?" The petite girl asked.

"I’m just going to get us some refreshments as repayment for buying for Fany and me. Is water good?" She held a thumbs up as she slowly left.

"Wait... Water is free Sunny! How is that paying back?" I yelled.

Taeyeon chuckled silently and I sighed in response as we proceeded to put on our shoes. I attempted to strike up a conversation. "So, what bowling ball do you want?" 

"Shouldn’t I pick my own?" The brunette-blonde girl lightly chuckled, following suit.

I sighed in disappointment. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I looked over Taeyeon and suggested, “Here, how about we choose each other’s bowling ball based on our favorite color?"

"But we don’t know each other’s favorite color." She said.

"Ah, that’s the fun part." I laughed as waved my finger in front of her face. “We have to guess."

She huffed in reply. “Alright, whoever can guess the other’s favorite color first wins. As the reward, the loser has to drive the winner home."

"Wait a minute. I’m the one with the car. You think I’m going to lose?" I was baffled by this girl’s confidence.

"Yeah, she gave me a cocky smirk. “Since you are clearly going to lose to me, you have to give me a ride home."

I raised my eyebrow at her. “You’re making the rules now? Since when?"

"Since you started the game." She winked at me. I could feel my cheeks start to warm up.

"Then shouldn’t I be making the rules? It’s my game after all." I challenged with a small hint of flirtation in my voice.

"Depends." Taeyeon shrugged as she walked closer to me; her face dangerously close to mine, almost closing the gap between us.

"Depends on what?" I said, trying to fight the nervousness within my voice.

"Depends on what kind of rules you want me to follow." The petite girl winked at me again. She moved her head closer to my mine. I froze up, shocked at her actions.

I couldn't tell what she was planning. I tensed up in retaliation to her unknown intentions. From my peripheral vision, I could see her making her way towards my ear, like she was going to tell me a secret. Her hot breath brushed against my skin which raised goosebumps and sent chills throughout my body.

"I’ve been a bad girl lately," she pulled her head back and looked deep into my eyes. My heart started to palpate heavily against my chest.

"Why do you say that?" I attempted to calmly breathe.

She grinned at me. “Well, since I have detention, I need to follow some rules that keep me disciplined so I don’t get in trouble anymore."

My mind became frazzled at Taeyeon's behavior. I couldn't believe what was happening right now. What the hell is going on? She's just playing around right? Why am I enjoying this if she's just joking? I’m straight aren’t I? Well, not for these past few weeks. Still, straight or not, I couldn’t believe what she was doing to me right now and what effect she had over me.

Taeyeon reached for my shoulders and pulled me closer, completely closing up the gap. Our bodies were touching, which sent my heart pumping through my chest again. This wasn’t just a normal hug I can tell you that, because my body does not usually act like this when I engage in normal, friendly, physical contact with her. “You got me in trouble Tiffany. You’re in the same boat as me." She smirked.

"I’m s-sorry." I stuttered, trying to keep my emotions in check.

Taeyeon deviously chuckled at me. She made her way to my ear again and whispered enticingly, “Sorry doesn’t cut it. All bad girls have to pay somehow. You're going to lose and you're going to have to give me ride. Those are the rules."

"A ride? To where? Back home" I stuttered. A rush of shivers traveled down my body, causing me to almost lose my balance.

She smirked playfully at me while pulling away from my ear. She gazed into my eyes and said, "I'll let you think about that."

My jaw dropped slightly and I could feel the steady beat against my chest begin to pick up the pace. A bead of sweat started to trickle down my face while I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. Did I just hear what I think I just heard? I was so lost in Taeyeon's actions that I couldn’t focus on the actual reason as to why I came to the bowling alley. I was broken out of my trance when the petite girl lightly pushed me away and responded to a familiar figure. My body started to calm down, but I suddenly felt empty at loss of contact.

"Hey, you’re back with the water," she said. I could hear her voice shaking. The intimate interactions that we just had and the sudden appearance of the short girl, it must have taken a toll on her to cause her voice to waver like that.

"Yeah," Sunny laughed as she set the water pitcher down on the table. “Oh, that’s not all I’m back with. Guess who I met at the line here."

"Who?" Taeyeon and I said in unison.

"Introducing…" Her hands hitting her thighs, imitating a drum roll. “Wooyoung!"

A tall, athletic built, milky faced, raven-haired guy appeared before my eyes. I quickly judged him. I had a feeling that he wanted to get close to Taeyeon and I didn't want that. I knew he was bad news... Bad news to me.

"Hey guys." He smiled at us. “It’s nice to see you here."

Taeyeon smiled back at her detention partner and said, “Hey Wooyoung. It’s nice to see you here too. What are you up to?"

"Well," he started to speak. “I heard about the prank at our school so I came here with my friends to pass the time."

"Oh," I said curiously. “Who did you come with?"

"Hey Wooyoung!" I heard a voice in the distance say. As the person came closer, my jaw opened and my eyes widened in shock. I couldn’t believe my eyes as the figure approached us. “Where have you been buddy?" The guy shouted. "You were supposed to bring back the food!"

The raven-haired kid laughed awkwardly. "Sorry man, I forgot. The line was long anyway."

"Well, what are you doing over here?" The figure asked.

Wooyoung presented us to his companion. "I was just saying 'hi' to Taeyeon, Sunny, and Tiff-"

"Tiffany?" His friend interjected.

"No way," I said.

Taeyeon quietly gasped to herself. “Wooyoung, you’re friends with…" She muttered.

I couldn't believe it. No way was this happening right now. This was a surprise and a shock all on its own. I just couldn't believe it though. 

"Siwon?"