The Break Up

I Won't Say I'm In Love

Tiffany's POV

"We’re over."

I don’t know what came over me.

There I was, staring at him, face to face. Those words, “We’re over”, kept ringing in my head, like an alarm clock you have to physically force yourself get up and manually shut it off to rid of the annoying noise.

So I did.

I somehow mustered up the courage to confront my boyfriend Siwon and tell him how I felt about us… And what I don’t feel for him anymore.

So I did.

“Siwon…We’re over.”

There, I did it.

I tore his heart out with my words. No, I pierced his chest with my words that rolled off my sharp, wicked tongue as it left my mouth. I didn’t even give him a chance to reply. I looked down feeling a bit ashamed in myself, but a rush of courage and confidence helped me overcome it. I quickly raised my head to look at Siwon one last time, knowing in my heart I finally did something right for once.

Out of spite, I turned around and started to walk away from him, I couldn’t bear to look at him anymore. As I was leaving, the previous emotions that I had felt left as well.

In that pivotal moment, I felt empty.

I felt no remorse for him. There were no more feelings of attachment. They were all gone and I ended it, just like that. I just said those words to him like I had no heart, no soul, not even the slightest amount of sympathy to even feel sorry for him.

At this point, I truly, strongly, despised Siwon.

Just remembering him made me want to vomit. His entire existence made me want to shiver in disgust. With his presence alone, I died a little on the inside. My mind was consumed with so many thoughts that I couldn’t prioritize the ones that I had to focus on right now. My barrier was broken by Siwon’s boisterous voice in the distance. I kept on walking. I didn’t want to deal with this, at least, not right now.

"Tiffany!” Siwon yelled. “Come back! I’m not ing done with you yet!”

I could hear him call my name many times, but no matter how much I wanted to turn around and look him I couldn’t. I felt like my body kept me from turning around. It felt as though gravity was pulling me across its gradient and the more I tried to pull away the stronger it became, slowly consuming me in the process.

As I kept on walking I could feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. I could have wiped them off - I really didn’t feel like putting my make-up on again, it’s a hassle - but I didn’t. I just let them roll down my face. I don’t cry often, in fact, I shouldn’t have been crying, but somewhere deep in my heart, I felt like a part of me was missing.

I don’t think that missing part was Siwon though. We did share something, but it didn’t feel right. Thinking about my new feelings in this frantic situation, I finally came up with the fact that I felt like my love, loyalty, and my entire being belonged to someone else.

But who?

Overwhelmed by all of these intense feelings I safely made it to my car -despite all of the tears clouding my eyes - opened the door, and started the vehicle. The roaring sounds of the engine covered the noise of my cries and some of my unresolved feelings.

That thought of “But who?” consumed my mind as I drove home in silence still trying to wipe of my tears, and restore my pride.

Taeyeon’s POV

I heard my phone vibrate violently on my dresser. It was as like the phone really wanted me to read the text message that was sent to me. I don’t use my phone often, but since I’ve been a bit more social than usual, keeping in contact with people would be a good reason to have a phone around.

I lazily got out of my bed – I was really comfy and I didn’t want to get up - walked to the dresser, and picked up my phone. I looked at my phone screen and saw that the text message was from my boyfriend Leeteuk.

“Oh,” I chuckled. “He doesn’t usually text me at this time.”

Dumbstruck by his strange behavior, I opened the text message he sent to me. As I read it, my dumbstruck mood turned into an intense fit of rage.

The text read:

“Taeyeon I think we would be better, if we stayed just as friends.”

“… Just as friends?” I questioned. I turned my head away from the phone screen. I was taken aback and I didn’t know how to handle it. I clenched my phone in my hand and raised it back up to reading level. I read it again and the phrase, “just as friends”, pierced through my skull and embedded itself into my brain.

I couldn’t believe my eyes as I read that text message. It was so obscure and absurd that I had to read it a couple more times to take in the situation. As I read that text for what I thought was the millionth time, I violently threw my phone on my bed to release my sudden downpour of anger.

“You’re breaking up with me over text?” I scoffed. “ing douchebag.”

I paced back and forth in my room to let off some steam, but somehow I couldn’t calm myself down. I tried a multitude of things to keep my emotions in check, but to no avail.

Leeteuk is so lucky that he’s not here right now. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. If he was, dear god, I wouldn’t know what I would do. I'm just so angry as him that I can’t think straight right now.

I sauntered over to my bed and fell on top of it. I let my eyes stare at the patterns on my ceiling. After that, I closed my eyes and I took a deep, cleansing breath.

I tried to clear my mind from thoughts of Leeteuk, but when I opened my eyes a waterfall of tears with a combination of emotions fell from my eyes to my pillow. I continued to cry and hoped that no one would barge through my room. I didn’t want anybody to see me right now.

“Damn you Leeteuk. If you’re going to break up with me,” I silently screamed, “at least have the balls to say it to my god damn face you motherer.”

I don’t know why I was crying though. I didn’t like the guy very much in that way, well I started to develop feelings after we became comfortable with each other, but still, that doesn’t justify the fact that he broke up with me over a text. A text message. "You have got to be kidding me." I heavily shrugged it off.

Thinking about it now, I did like him, but I never did love him. All those times I spent with him felt a bit out of place for me. I wonder… Were my affections and my love for someone else?

I don’t what came over me to think about this, but since it did, another question rushed into my head. Who do my feelings belong to? Who is it?

That thought consumed my mind as I continued to cry. Overwhelmed by my emotions and my thoughts, I closed my eyes and took a short nap. An hour passed by and I woke feeling groggy and sluggish, but a strange feeling filled up the empty space in my heart. I don’t know how to describe it, but whatever it was hope I could feel it again.