Confusion

I Won't Say I'm In Love

Taeyeon's POV

I felt the fatigue transfer through my whole body as I finally arrived into my bedroom. My eyelids started to feel the burden of hard work as I attempted to keep them open just to clean myself up. Detention was a bit rough on my body, but today I pushed through it like a trooper. After I attended to my hygienic, nightly needs I plopped onto my bed, pulling the blanket over my shivering, tired body. I tried to generate some heat throughout my body to stimulate my tired muscles, but to no avail. I was going to be so sore in the tomorrow. I groaned painfully, knowing the inevitable punishment I had to face tomorrow.

As I tried to get some sleep, I was interrupted by the sound of my phone going off. I lazily got out of my bed and walked over to the counter where my phone violently thrashed around. This phone really wants me answer this text message. I picked up my phone and looked at screen. The time read "10:30 pm". I flipped the device open and clicked the button to open the text. My body suddenly started to warm up when I saw the sender's name. 

"Hey Taengoo!"

"Fany!" I quickly responded back and closed my phone, feeling a smile forming on my face. I felt my phone vibrate in my hands and I opened it. While reading the next text I noticed my lips carving in an upward direction.

"I didn't get to see you at detention today. I was kind of disappointed. I missed my partner in crime."

"I was a bit disappointed too, but I'm not your partner in crime though. I wish we were together though. Not that my partner is bad or anything."

"My partner isn't that bad either. You know that Sunny kid? She's an interesting one I can tell you that."

"I know what you mean. Sunny is quite a handful at first, but then she grows on you."

"Haha, true that. What about you? How are things going with you and your partner?"

"My partner isn't bad as I thought he was going to be. He called himself a bad guy though, but Wooyoung is nice. I was surprised."

"Eh, I don't know about that Wooyoung guy Taeyeon... Maybe he was right about being a bad guy. He's seems iffy."

"Well, maybe if you guys get to know each other then maybe he won't be as iffy as you think he is."

"I know Taeng, just be careful around him okay? He just gives me that 'vibe' you know?"

"Taeng? I like that nickname too."

"I'm glad you like it. Hey! Don't switch the subject on me. When you're around that Wooyoung guy be extra careful! Okay?"

All right, I'll be careful."

After I sent my text, I could feel heart beat rapidly at Tiffany's protectiveness. She's so sweet. I placed my hand on my cheek, feeling the strange warmness that formed there. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I smirked to myself as I sent my next text.

"You know, all this talk about Wooyoung being a bad guy and you telling me to be careful of him... It's sounds like you're jealous."

"Me? Jealous? Of who? Him or you?"

"Me of course! Why would you be jealous of Wooyoung?"

"I never said I was! I was just asking you a question for some clarification."

I snickered at the text she sent me. I was having the time of my life teasing Tiffany. I laughed even harder when I sent her my next message. "Sounds like you're jealous of me because I get to spend time with him more than you do. Do you like Wooyoung, Tiffany?"

"Me? Like Wooyoung? Dear god, no. He's not my type."

"Haha, then who is more your type then?"

"Definitely not that mutt you call a man if that's what you're thinking. Dear god Taeng, haha. What's wrong with you? x)"

"Nothing's wrong with me! I'm just joshing you around. You don't need to get all worked up about it."

"You know it's hard for me to tell if you're teasing me over text. You know that right?"

"I can't help it Fany, you're just so cute when I tease you." My chest warmed up again when I sent that message to her. It's just a text message. Friends say cute things like that to each other all the time. No big deal. Why am I making a big deal about this?

"You got that right. I'm pretty frickin' cute aren't I?"

"Yeah... Cute like a mushroom..."

"What? Say that again?!"

"Mushroom! Cute like a mushroom!"

"Don't make me come over to your house. I know where you live."

"Mushrooms are cute, they're even better than diamonds."

"I'd rather be a bright, shining, beautiful jewel than a wrinkly fungus."

"But you're both Fany and that's what makes you the best."

"I'm a wrinkly fungus as well?! Taeyeon!"

I laughed at the conversation going on between us. I had no idea what was happening, but just talking with the brunette girl gave me the strength and the energy that I was missing. I felt refreshed. It was a feeling that even the act of sleep couldn't solve. I typed on my phone's keyboard and proceeded to send my next message. "So Tiffany, what did you actually text me for? I noticed that we kind of got sidetracked."

"Oh! Yeah, I almost forgot." I chuckled at this girl's cuteness.

"So what did want to tell me?" I replied.

"So, since tomorrow is Friday and we have a two-hour early release and detention ends earlier than usual... I was wondering if you want to hang out with Sunny and me tomorrow?"

My face lit up at the athletic girl's request. Without giving it a second thought I responded with fervor. "Sure! :) What do you have planned for us?"

"That's for me to know... And for you to find out later. ;D "

"Ooh, we're being secretive here aren't we? ;D "

"Well, I want to keep it surprise... So stay on your toes okay?"

"As long as the surprise is you if I fall down from walking on my toes all day, then I'm content with that.”

As I sent that text I saw the odd image of me falling into Tiffany's arms. I playfully huffed at the thought, but I suddenly became flustered at the thought of me being cradled in her protective embrace, my head resting against the brunette's chest, feeling her heartbeat in sync with my own, mesmerized by her beautiful brown eyes... 

"Taeyeon!" I hit my head in confusion and frustration. "Why are you thinking about her like that? She's just a friend... Right? Right." I nodded my head while I paced back and forth in my room, trying to calm my beating heart. All of a sudden, my phone notified me of another text. My heart started to speed up again knowing that I was messaging the object of my recent fantasy.

"I'll be sure to keep my distance so you can stay surprised. Haha. Well, I better head off to bed now. Good night Taengoo!"

"All right, Fany. Good night!"

After I sent my last text of the night, I could feel myself start to tremble in the mass of emotions I was feeling. I didn't understand why body reacted the way it did when I was conversing with the brunette girl. All I did was just talk to her, but then I remembered the text that fabricated the very visual, and very intimate image that still lingered in my mind. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight." I quietly murmured.

I slumped on to my bed and curled up in the sheets, making some crinkles and wrinkles form. I shut my eyes, tossing and turning my body restlessly. My body didn't feel as fatigued anymore as it previously did. What made me feel so energetic tonight? Who gave me this spurt of sudden energy? All these questions zoomed through my head, causing a pulsating pain pushing against my forehead.

Then, it hit me.  

The person who brought life back into my tired soul. The one that transferred her energy into my distressed body.

It was Tiffany.

I could feel my body start to warm up and my heart feeling a certain tenderness from the thoughts about the brunette girl. I could feel a smile forming on my face, but it immediately turned into a bitter expression when I realized that she caused my body to defer the hours of sleep I should have been getting.

"Dang it Tiffany." I scolded myself. "You just had to keep me awake didn't you?" 

Tiffany’s POV

As I set my phone down on the counter I collapsed on to my bed and dug my head into my pillow, hoping that I could hide the self-embarrassment that I felt texting a certain brunette-blonde girl. "God damn it!" I smashed my hand on to my mattress, leaving a temporary dent that didn't heal my permanent frustration. "She's going to be the death of me I swear it!"

I erratically rustled against my own bed, messing up the sheets and causing creases in them. "I can't sleep damn it..." I sighed in defeat. I picked my phone off the counter and scrolled through my resent conversation I had with Taeyeon. As I read and re-read our replies to each other, I felt my heart start to dance against my chest as my thumb hovered over one of her messages. I tapped the touch screen of my phone and opened the text: "As long as the surprise is you if I fall down from walking on my toes all day, then I'm content with that.”

I threw my phone on the ground in excessive frustration. I ran my hands through my own hair to relax myself. I imagined her falling into my arms, looking into each other's eyes, feeling her heartbeat against my own, the warmth that we would share during our intimate embrace...

"She needs to stop saying things like that..." I warmly smiled. "Or else... I'll start falling for her, even more than I should."

My eyes widened at the words that rolled off my tongue. I immediately brought my hand to cover up my mouth because I was in shock. "Fall for her? Tiffany! What are you talking about?" 

I hit my palm against my head, attempting to knock some sense into my frazzled brain. "You guys are friends, well maybe you like more than that... No! You guys are just friends. Nothing more. Nothing less. Taeyeon is just a really good friend. Yeah, that's right. When you said you liked her maybe it was because she has some qualities that she has and you don't. Maybe you want to be more like her? That makes sense right? Right? But, why is it when I think of her as just a friend I feel so empty? It's like, something is missing..." I scratched the back of my head, already feeling the beginnings of the painful fingernail marks against my scalp. 

I rested my head against my pillow and fixated my eyes towards the ceiling. I tried to form patterns for my mind to focus on something else, but the thoughts of the petite girl overpowered my psyche.

"Damn it Taeyeon." I sighed, infuriated at myself for thinking about her like this. "You just have to keep me awake do you?"

I burrowed my head into the pillow and attempted to get some sleep. I tried to mentally, physically, and emotionally prep myself for the fun-filled, but awkward day between Sunny, Taeyeon, and me.

"It's going to be fun. Sunny and Taeyeon will be there and we'll all have fun..." I whispered to myself, causing goose bumps to form all over my body. The sensation made me smile at myself for being so excited about the day ahead for the three of us. "It will be a great time for all... For me, for that wild-kid Sunny, and for my little Taengoo..." I finally muttered as I calmly drifted into a relaxing slumber.