Chapter 4: My Name Is...

You and Me

Jihyo feel her face were back to normal after she got embarrassed of Jongkook act before, she decided to go outside the Hall. Try to find a fresh air also try to find out her friends—Haha and Gary.

‘But what was that? It’s not myself who will get embarrassed easily through a man. Aih that man. Even I still don’t know his name and I just called him mister. Ah! Why I didn’t wait in the  backstage until the event started? He is the MC right? He’ll introduce himself to the audience.. Eyy pabo. He just make you blushed and I couldn’t stand it anymore so I go through the restroom. What a shame!’

“Jihyo? Are you lost on your own mind again?”

“eh? Ah anii oppa. I just think I lost my pen”

‘huh? Did she just called me oppa? Did I heard correctly?’ “Can you repeat your sentence Jihyo? Y-you just called me Oppa?” said Gary with a hope that Jihyo can repeat it again.

“Eh? Kang Gary? I thought you were Ha Dong Hoon. Hahaha wae? You want to hear my last sentence? Kkkk andwaee” said Jihyo with a merong face.

“yah Jihyo, why only Ha Dong Hoon who you called oppa. Don’t you respect me as your sunbae?”

“Hahaha it’s not that I don’t respect you. It’s just awkward to call you oppa” seeing Gary sad face, she tries to coax him. “y-yah Kang Gary, don’t be sad like that. I-I try to call you oppa then. But maybe not that often. How?”

Jinjja? Jinjjayo? You’ll do it Jihyo? Promise me eh?” his eyes were getting bigger heard Jihyo say something like that.

neh o-oppa. Satisfied now?

“MANSEE! Gomawo Jihyo yah. I owe you lunch neh?” she only nodded and smiled. Gary was really happy now. he thought that Jihyo give him some hope. ‘But this is too fast if I confess to her..’ then they just take a walk to find Haha in his booth near the Hall.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Hello Baek Chang Joo ssi. I thought you won’t come to this kind of event” said Saeyon towards Baek Chang Joo

“Ahahaha. I need to hide my group right? So with that the police won’t suspicious about my job. Is there anything wrong Saeyon ssi?”

Ani. There is nothing wrong here. So, can we talk to the point now Mr. Baek?”

“Let me see. First I want to talk about it but now I just changed my mind. I think I’ll cancel our agreement here”

“I’m sorry, what do you mean? I don’t get it Chang Joo ssi.”

“Huh? You don’t get it what I mean? Really? Or you pretend to don’t understand it Saeyon ssi?”

“What were you talking?”

“Hahahahahaha. You don’t have to pretend it anymore. I know you betrayed me. You’d work to Choi Minsoo. That Bastard who took away my wealth and my ally. Am I right Saeyon ssi?”

“It’s not right Chang Joo ssi”

“Oh really? Then what is this about?” said Chang Joo while over her a folder of photos “Do you think I’m stupid enough to not know about this huh? This was taken a day before we meet in my place to arrange the agreement. That was you right? The special agent. My favourite one—but honestly you’re a double agent. You said that you will only work for the mafia but the truth was you also worked for the government. Poor you Saeyon.”

“Did you forget? I quit work for the government last year. I’m not that special agent who you had talked before. It must you who I have to pity. You don’t know anything here”

“Keh. Then its not a big problem if I explode this Hall eh? I want to see your death here with my eyes. Or you’ll tell me where is Choi Minsoo place? Choose your favourite one. Hehehe”

‘What?! He must be crazy. What did I do wrong until he knows that I’d work to Minsoo ssi? There was another agent in this college then. But who? Think! There were four people who close enough with me include my assistant. Miss Song, that stupid Ha Dong Hoon and… Gary? Could it be Gary? Anii everyone can do that towards me. Who knows?’

“So I guess you’ll never tell me where is he eh? Alright Saeyon. That was your choice, and I have mine too”

“Have what?”

Bam! Chang Joo shooted Saeyon in her right belly. Blood were covering her blouse. People around them start to scream to hear a gun as long as they see the person who was been shooted is the principal. She tries to still stand in her position. Another shoots were aim again in her belly. Makes everyone start to run towards the Exit when suddenly a bomb explode in the corner of the hall

“This is your fault Saeyon. You shouldn’t betrayed me before. I’ll let you say your last word now before I explode this Hall” Saeyon only smirk to Chang Joo

“What’s so funny huh? You’ll die and still have those smirk to me? Why are you so confidence huh?” Chang Joo start to feel uneasy with the smirk. ‘She’ll do something. I’m sure. Better I leave her now’

“Keh. This is my last word Chang Joo” Saeyon walk closer to Chang Joo and whisper in his ears, “I won’t die here because of you. Soon is you who will die because of me Chang Joo ssi. Outside there I have my best agents. They’re from the strongest clan in South Korea. You’ll scared of them. Hehehe” then Saeyon take the smoke bomb from under her skirt and explode it. She runs with all of her strength towards the basement then she quickly throw away the fluid blood scrotum in her right belly.

‘Do you think I’ll never know this kind of situation will happens Chang Joo? Thanks to God that my decision to put the blood counterfeit was right. Now I have to inform Jongkook’ “Jongkook! This is a trap! Hurry call Kwangsoo and meet me in the basement!”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Jihyo ah, did you remember ever said that you’ll introduce your friend to me? The girl that we saw in our back to home—the one who has a short hair and work in a company in Gangnam” said Haha shyly. Gary who heard that behind him start to chuckle.

“Eyy hyung, don’t chuckle behind me eh? I know you’ll act shyly in front of a girl who you like too. Don’t refuse that” and now Haha start to attack Gary back. But then Gary hurriedly walk out from the booth. “eyy that hyung, always escape whenever I start to attack him back talking about girls. Gez”

“Hahaha don’t mind it oppa, he looks like a coward when it comes to a girl thing. Eh? Did you see my bag here? Ahhh I forget that I put my bag inside the Hall. I brought her photo, also her phone number. I’ll take it neh?”

“Ah no need to be hurry Jihyo ah. Have you done doing your job anyway?”

“I said it because I have nothing to do now oppa. I’ve done my job now, I just need to monitor in every booth outside the Hall and the security placed in every gate, near the toilets, and also the cctv were placed in every corner of the college. So if by chance there is a thief or a moments that we don’t want to be happens, we’ll know it soon”

“Woah, you’re doing very well Jihyo ah. Daebak!” said Haha who amazed by Jihyo responsive thought, give her his two thumbs up

Cha, should I bring my bag here oppa? Or in case you wanna see her with another man?” tease Jihyo who followed by Haha funny glare—pretending that he mad to her, but it makes Jihyo laugh in burst. This is why Jihyo never take too serious when Haha and Gary start to about boys and stuff. It’s because they just wanna Jihyo be happy near them

Arraseo, arraseo Jihyo ah. Do whatever you want. I’ll pretend that I never talk with you about love. Ka! Ppali!” ended Haha. Jihyo just smiled and give her thumbs up in front of him then walking back to the Hall.

 

Meanwhile at the same time Jihyo enters the Hall to take her bag from the backstage, the bomb start to explode and it makes her shocks. She runs nowhere inside the Hall, runs through the corridor. Suddenly remembered about her father who died cause of bomb to save her and her omma fifteen years ago when she was ten years old.

 

Appa! Appa! Yesterday I met someone who said they know me so well in my way to home and give me this lollipop! They were so kind, right appa?” the young Jihyo tells her appa without having any doubts in her tone. She smile happily and shows the lollipop

“What?! Who were they Jihyo ah? Did they ask anything to you back then?” her appa feel uneasy with her beloved daughter story

“Um.. they asked me about you and omma. They said they were our fartest siblings appa

“What did you say to them? Did you tell your name Jihyo ah? Were they asked you our home address?”

“I just said that my appa and omma are superheroes that help everyone in the whole Seoul, then they start to chuckle appa. I just tell them my family name and yes they were asked me about our home address, but since I didn’t remember it I just said I forget the name of the roads. Then they said thank you and leave me and my friends alone”

“Jihyo ah, don’t dare to tell everything about me and your omma to strangers again neh? It might be dangerous. Who knows they’ll kidnapping you one day right?” ‘Sh*t. They recognize me that I’m not died yet. They know about Jihyo and maybe my wife too. I should warning them if they keep on searching my Jihyo’

“Uh appa really? Will they do that to me? I thought they were kind to give me this lollipop..” young Jihyo glare at the lollipop and throw it away from her appa sights. Suddenly her appa grab Jihyo shoulder’s “Promise me Jihyo ah, you’ll grow as a strong woman who protect your omma, neh?

neh! I’ll protect you too as well appa! Because I love you and omma sooooo much!” young Jihyo places a sweet kiss in her appa cheek and he brushes his daughter hairs before kiss it passionately. ‘I’m so sorry Jihyo ah. Forgives this pabo appa. I’m sorry because of me, you and your omma have to face this situation. I promise to protect you all..because you’re my everything’

The next day, young Jihyo prepares to go to school. Her omma prepares the breakfast for three of them. She feel uneasy to see her husband act weirdly today. watching Jihyo and her this morning so long and give a sad smile—she was going to ask what happen to him that he only stare at two of them like a person who will go away.

Yeobo, are you okay? Why suddenly you stares at us like that? Is there anything you want to say?” she brushes his husband hairs. Give him a curious face

Anii. There is nothing happens yeobo. I’m just tired. Just that” he gives her back a bright smile—pretending to be okay. Hopes that she can read his fake smile and understand the situations

“You lied. There must be something that you hide from me. Just tell me then”

“There is nothing to be worry. Trust me chagya. I just happy to see us like this. I hope this is will last forever. I’m glad that I regret to marry my father choices and go to you. You give me happiness and morethough you give me this beautiful daughter” said him and brushes his wife hairs and Jihyo’s

“Don’t say like that yeobo. You know that Jihyo and I love you so much. No doubt on it” then she hugs her husband really tight, her eyes were watery in his neck. Then her husband loosen the hug, let Jihyo in and sit in his lap. “I love you two so much” ‘Mianhe. Mianhe my love. I’m so sorry to trouble you two. Mianhe that I didn’t tell you about this thing earlier, I’m sorry. I love you two so much’

appa, don’t leave me okay? Promise me and omma after I come home from school, we will eat dinner together neh?

“I promise it Jihyo ah. Kajja, you may late for school now. You don’t want it right? And you too honey, you may late to attend the meeting this morning. I’ll prepare myself after you two go” he shows them his best smiles. Its so peaceful to see her husband smiles like that. But at the same time she worries that he’ll gone somewhere else one day. But she shooked her head from bad thought.

‘He’ll be okay. He promises that to us. If he dares to leave, I’ll make sure he will make it up to us. I trust you honey. I love you. I love you and Jihyo so much’ Kajja Jihyo ah” then they go with a heavy feelings. Leave the man alone in the house.

“I’m sorry honey. I’m sorry Jihyo ah. This is the best way for us..” then Jihyo’s appa start to write a letter to his beloved wife and daughter. He writes it quiet long, as he thought that probably this is his last time to write a letter, he finished it and kiss the letter. He put the letter inside the safetybox, then prepare to left the house.

 

Ambulance sirine was heard from the place young Jihyo and her mom standing. “omma, appa won’t leave us right? He promised to eat dinner with us tonight. Right omma?” she can’t face her own daughter, she just smiled and tighten her hands in Jihyo’s. Then they continue to walk to reach their home. They never thought that the ambulance take the man who stay in the house alone.

“APPAAA!!!!”

“Hahh.. hahhh. Forget it Jihyo. It was happened fifteen years ago. Hahh.. hahh” Jihyo keep on running in the corridor. She doesn’t realized that she was running from the back door of the Hall to the backstage. Her breath was heavy because she keeps on running. Her mind still recount the past like it only stick like a glue on her.

“APPAA!!!! You said that we will have a dinner tonight, b-but you are a liar!! You leave me and omma. APPAA!!!” young Jihyo keeps crying. Her omma can’t do anything to coax her daughter because she had no strength too. ‘I-I was right this morning. I-I shouldn’t leave him alone. Why? Why did you leave me and Jihyo yeobo? Why?’ She bend on her knee. Pray to God. Begged a strength to face the reality. Her husband was burning by a bomb this noon. And the saddest one is he died on the Intensive Care Unit after he got infused.

Jihyo close her eyes. Cover the ears with her hands and keeps on running. Then she feel like she was crush by a big thing. She doesn’t have a strength to see what was she crushed.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Jongkook crush something until he fell down. He try to stand up, then he realized he was crushed someone. He is looking carefully to the person who sit and bend, then hug their legs ‘Uh? This Miss Mong?’ “yah Miss Mong, genchana? Pardon me. I didn’t see you back then. Did you feel hurt?”

‘this voice.. this man? Thank you. Thank you. Because of you I can stop remembering the past. Thank you’ “It’s okay, but I-I-I’m scared. I hate those bombs. It was remind me of my father. I-I don’t know why but I’m scared right now” Jihyo then start to cry, she doesn’t brave enough to look at the man.

Jongkook who saw Jihyo crying then hugs her who was shivering because the exploded “Shhh, don’t cry. I’ll take you out of this place okay?” without thinking too long, Jihyo just tightening her hands in Jongkook waist. Begging to be safe.‘She was too frightened. Should I piggyback her? But I’m in a hurry now. Yah Jongkook, will you leave this girl just like—’ Bam.

One shoot just flew away in his back. Luckily it didn’t  concern to them. He take out the gun inside his suit. He aim to the one who was shooted him without looking back and nestle Jihyo ears with his arm, hoping that she won’t hear any sound of a gun been released. ‘That must be them. They know me already’ he only smiled and then put Jihyo in his lap and carry her out of the Hall.

 

 

“P-Please, don’t leave me alone appa. I-I’m so scared.” Jihyo who already close her eyes didn’t know that Jongkook heard she was calling her appa. Crying in his lap, grab his suit so tight. He doesn’t mind she do it as long as she feel safe.

‘But if she do this to me, how will I know where is her friend or someone she knows? I can’t easily search her phone in her body—she will call me a ert again. Cmon, I hope for a mirac—oh you are awake Miss!’ Jongkook gently touch her cheek to wake her fully up. When Jihyo open her eyes, she saw a shadows of a man.

‘appa?’ still unclear with the shadows, she come closer to the shadows.

‘Uh. What does she want to do? It almost impposible if she want to ki—YAH. What’s with this ert mind’ “Um, Miss Mong? Are you okay? D-did you feel better? Where’s a place that I should carry you? I’m sorry if I just carry you like this.. I have no choice”

‘WAKE UP JIHYO. THAT WAS HIM. NOT YOUR DAD. STOP COME CLOSER TO HIM. OH GOD HOW EMBARRASSING I AM’ “Ah m-m-mister, I’m sorry. I thought you’re my appa. Y-your shadows really looks like my appa. Um please just let me walk by myself. You must be tired to carried me like this” said Jihyo with her face getting red. For a second time she didn’t dare to look at him.

 

Jongkook feel relieve that she was fully awake now and letting her go from his lap. He feels shy too. The way Jihyo come closer to him, called him ‘mister’, and her redden face was get his attention.

“Um its okay Miss Song. I didn’t mind at all, besides, you’re not that heavy. Hehe” he walk closer to her, offering his hand. “Its so funny being called ‘Mister’ and I called you ‘Miss Mong’ all this day. I never had a time to greet you formally, my name is Kim Jongkook. Nice to meet you” she responds to his hands and shake it lightly.

“I thought the same too. We were always meet in unbelievable way and time. Actually I’m quiet shy to called you ‘Mister’, my name is Song Jihyo. Its my pleasure to meet you Kim Jongkook ssi”

“Ayy no need to formal in front of me, just call me casually um.. Jongkook oppa maybe? Hehehe” the way Jongkook smile like a little boy makes Jihyo can’t stand it anymore for holding her own feelings towards him too long

“Hahaha you’re cute when you smiled like that miste—I mean o-oppa. Hehehe” 'ayy why am I being too honest like this.. this is not myself'

“Cute? So now I’m not the ert eh? Hahahahaha”

Anii, what do you mean? At first its so awkward to meet someone and they’re always smiling like a little boy”

“Hahaha Jihyo ah, I’m happy to know your name just by now and would love if I can spend more time to talk to you. But I’m in a hurry. I hope we meet again! Bye~” Jihyo only nodded and keeps on smiling. ‘I guess I’m infected by his smiling-mode. Hahahaha’