Chapter 3

Zelo's a WHAT?

Daehyun plopped down on the couch next to Zelo and Youngjae after he had delivered Himchan's supplies. “Did Umma-Chan tell you to stay out of the way too?” Youngjae asked, his friend nodded in response.

“Why do you call him 'Umma-Chan'?” Zelo asked while looking at him quizzically.

“Because he practically raised us and he sometimes acts like an overprotective mother” Daehyun answered simply.

Zelo still seemed a little confused, so Youngjae explained further, “both of us lost our parents when we were really young and Himchan hyung was always there for us.”

Zelo nodded. “My parents died when I was young too” he said, “they died in a car accident before I was old enough to remember them.” Both the older boys placed their hands on his shoulders. “Yongguk hyung and I were going to visit their grave today when we got attacked” he said, starting to sob.

Next thing he knew, he was sandwiched in a hug between Youngjae and Daehyun. “Thanks” he mumbled as they released him from the hug. He noticed that there were tears beginning to well up in their eyes too.

“What happened to your parents?” Zelo asked them. Daehyun shuddered as he wrapped his arms around himself.

“My mother died of cancer” Youngjae confessed, “my dad killed himself not long after out of depression.” Daehyun now had tears streaming down his face. Youngjae looked to Zelo and explained, “we don't know what happened to Daehyun's parents, he refuses to talk about it with anyone, even Himchan.” Zelo found himself wrapping his arms around the shoulders of the two boys on either side of him.

“That should about do it” Himchan said as he finished wrapping bandages over the wound in the older man's side. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand as he walked towards the door.

He stopped in the doorway, turning toward Yongguk he said, “you can sleep on the cou-”

Yongguk cut him off saying, “if it's all the same to you, I'll stay here.”

Himchan nodded, closing the door behind him as he left. He walked into the living room to find the three boy huddled together on the couch, asleep. He smiled at the cute scene in front of him. Then he turned back down the hallway and went to his room.

Tabi immediately tried to sit up when he woke up in the morning. He regretted it when he felt the surge of pain in his side. “Easy” someone said from beside him as they pressed their hand against his shoulder, forcing him to lie back down.

“Who are you?” he asked looking over to see a man slightly younger than himself.

“I am Bang Yongguk” he said, “and somehow I know that your name is Tabi.”

Tabi was taken aback when he heard this. “How do you know my name?” he asked.

Yongguk shrugged as he replied, “like many other things have shown up in my head over the past sixteen years, I don't know.”

Quickly, Tabi regained his composure. “I go by Seunghyun now” he told Yongguk.

“You used Choi as your surname, didn't you?” Yongguk stated. Tabi just nodded, dumbfounded. “It was the name of Zelo's mother” Yongguk said, confirming his suspicions, “we used it when we gave him a human name.” He gave Yongguk an inquisitive look. “I already told you, I don't know how I know these things” he said, raising his hands defensively, “this has been happening to me ever since I found Zelo with his mother.”

“Was she dead when you got there?” Tabi quickly asked.

Yongguk shook his head, “no, she died in front of me. By the time my family found us, she was gone.”

Tabi sighed, “I think I have an explanation for your knowledge.” Yongguk leaned in closer as he continued, “there's an old myth on Atala. If you witness someone's final breath, you acquire a piece of their soul. No one has been able to prove it though.” Yongguk nodded.

Suddenly, a thud followed by a collective groan sounded from another room causing Yongguk to smirk. “Sounds like everyone else is up” he said while grinning.

“I want to see Zelo” Tabi said, making an attempt to get out of the bad. Yongguk caught him as he fell.

“Are you sure that's a good idea?” Yongguk asked.

“I haven't seen him in sixteen years, I need to see him now” he said determinedly. Yongguk shrugged as he helped the slightly taller man to stand up and walk over to the door.

Himchan looked up from the pile of teenage boys at his feet when he heard the door to the guest room open. “He should be lying down” he said, pointing at Tabi with an annoyed frown on his face.

“He insisted on coming out to meet everyone” Yongguk replied.

“I have a name you know” Tabi stated, glaring annoyedly at Yongguk. Yongguk smiled at him apologetically.

“My bad, I am Kim Himchan” Himchan said, giving a slight bow.

“Choi Seunghyun” he stated as Yongguk set him down on the couch.

“Jung Daehyun.”

“Yoo Youngjae.”

The two older boys introduced themselves at the same time while picking themselves up off of the floor.

Finally Zelo stood and introduced himself, “Choi Junhong. My friends call me Zelo.” Tabi nodded, acknowledging the three of them, while keeping his eyes focused on Zelo.

“How's your side?” Himchan asked him.

“Painful” he admitted, looking down to the bandages wrapped around his waist.

Himchan nodded as he muttered to himself, “that's going to happen when you've had a six-inch piece of windshield jammed into it.”

“We should have breakfast” Daehyun suddenly blurted out. Everyone else gave him an estranged glare. “What? I'm hungry” he exclaimed.

“Strange time to be thinking about food” Yongguk commented. Daehyun simply shrugged as he made his way toward the kitchen.

“He always was a strange kid” Himchan stated.

“I should go help him so he doesn't hurt himself or anything” Youngjae said. When he stepped into the kitchen they heard him shout, “Daehyun! Cake is not a breakfast food!”

Zelo burst into laughter, slowly followed by Yongguk, then Himchan. Eventually, even Tabi cracked a smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kris was waiting. He had sent out two of the elite guard yesterday to find and retrieve the prince. They hadn't come back yet. Then, the door to his chamber swung open and in walked a man with a cloak bearing a symbol resembling an eye.

“Sir!” he said, kneeling to the ground.

“Luhan, report” Kris said, walking over to the kneeling figure.

“We found the prince, but we ran into some... trouble” Luhan told him dutifully. He raised an eyebrow, silently asking for an explanation. “Humans, three of them, two had guns. One of them hit Chanyeol.” Luhan explained, “And also, he showed up.”

Kris nodded, waving his hand to dismiss Luhan. “Trouble indeed” he muttered to himself as Luhan shut the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay I finally finished chapter 3!!!!! Sorry for the week and a half long hiatus, bit of writers block combined with busy weekends combined with the internet being down all of last week. but hopefully it won't be as long before I finishe the next chapter. Who know what the joke for that chapter will be lol ^^ as always, comments are appreciated so please leave me one^^ I will now spam you with hearts <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Edit: Wow, this time I actually added a whole sentence 0.0 This is fun^^