Chapter 10

Zelo's a WHAT?

Zelo woke up to the sound of a man muttering things to himself. He rolled over to see that a man was sitting there with his back turned, working on something. “Who are you?” he asked, his voice raspy from his mouth being dry. The man in the chair turned his head when he heard Zelo's voice.

Zelo was taken aback when he saw the other's face. It was Seungri, but something seemed different about him. “You're awake? Hey Taeyang, he's awake!” Seungri called out.

“Keep it down Seungri, we're supposed to be incognito at the moment” Taeyang said as he appeared in the doorway. Seungri shrugged as he returned to his work. Taeyang then turned his attention to Zelo. “How are you feeling?” he asked, picking up a glass of water from another table and holding it out to Zelo.

Zelo graciously accepted the water and gulped it down quickly before responding. “I... I'm fine, just a little rattled I guess” he said.

“It happens” Seungri said over his shoulder. Taeyang glared at him.

“So much for easy repairs” Taeyang muttered as he looked at the table in front of Seungri.

“Hey! There's more water damage than I anticipated. I'm surprised that more systems didn't go down” Seungri snapped. Taeyang sighed as the other returned to his work.

“Where am I anyway?” Zelo asked as he sat up slowly.

“It's... complicated, all I can say is that you're safe... for now” Taeyang answered.

“What? So you're saying that here might not be safe later?” Zelo said.

“I can't give you a definite answer until we've regrouped” Taeyang replied. Zelo nodded, figuring that was all he would get. After a few minutes, Taeyang left the room leaving Zelo alone with Seungri again.

Curiously, he looked over to see what Seungri was doing. Whatever it was, it was hidden by his chair and body. Eventually, Zelo gave up on trying to see. “What are you doing?” he asked, catching Seungri's attention.

“Come and see” Seungri said eagerly. Zelo stood up carefully and walked over to the table Seungri was working at. He was startled to see what was there.

It looked like a dead body, but there was loose wires sticking out of a hole in the chest and he could see a smooth metallic surface surrounding the hole. “Pretty neat huh? It's an android surrogate, so I don't have to stay behind all the time” Seungri said with a hint of pride in his voice.

“Why would you have to stay behind?” Zelo asked.

“I, um... I can't walk” Seungri replied, breaking from his bubbly personality for a moment. “But I have and android and a neural link so it's all good” he added, now back to normal. Zelo was at a loss for what to say, he felt that he had been insensitive.

Seungri noticed the look on his face. “Don't worry about it, you didn't know and I'm pretty good at hiding it” he said, patting Zelo on the shoulder. Zelo nodded as Seungri went back to work on his android.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yongguk waited until he heard Yongnam leave before coming out of his room. He didn't know where his brother was going and he didn't really care, he had to find Zelo.

If I were Zelo where would I go? he thought. Something inside of him told him that Zelo wasn't so much concerned with where to go as why, and how fast. He decided to follow his instincts, so he left the apartment.

On the street, he looked around at all the directions that Zelo could have gone. He didn't know why, but there was one direction that felt more likely than the others, so he started walking that way. After a while, he noticed something strange. There was a slight layer of frost that got thicker the further he went.

It's still too warm for frost, he thought. He stopped, right in the middle of the frost patch one of the cloaked figures lay on the ground unconscious. Standing over the figure was Tabi. “Did he cause this?” Yongguk asked, gesturing toward the unconscious man.

“Yes, he is Xiumin of the house of ice” Tabi answered. Yongguk gave him a confused look. “On Exo planet there are twelve major families, he is from one of them” he explained.

“Okay, so there are twelve elite guard, so does that mean...” Yongguk started.

“One from each house” Tabi said, finishing Yongguk's thought. Yongguk nodded with satisfaction. “He looks like he got on the wrong side of Taeyang's temper” Tabi commented.

“Meaning?” Yongguk asked.

“Zelo is safe for now” Tabi answered. Yongguk sighed with relief knowing that Zelo was out of danger.

“So what do we do with him” Yongguk asked, gesturing toward Xiumin again.

“We leave him here, if we tried to take him as a hostage we would be putting ourselves in danger” Tabi replied. “Now we need to find where Taeyang and Seungri may have hidden with Zelo” he said as he climbed onto his motorcycle and pulled his helmet on. He passed a second helmet to Yongguk and gestured for him to get on the back. Yongguk complied and put the helmet on.

“Hold on” Tabi said as he took off down the street.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Himchan entered the bedroom to see how things were going with Daehyun. Youngjae was trying his best to get the other out of his little fort made of pillows. “How have you not gotten him out yet?” Himchan asked.

“I don't know, for a pillow fort it's surprisingly sturdy” Youngjae answered. Himchan sighed, he didn't know what to do about Daehyun's behaviour. Just then they watched as Daehyun slid a piece of paper out of the fort. Himchan picked it up and read it.

“I will lower my east defences long enough for you to...” he read before crumpling up the note. “Alright Jae, we're getting him out of there together. On the count of three, one, two...” he started.

As soon as he said three they both jumped on top of the pile and wrestled Daehyun out. “That was easy, why couldn't you do that?” Himchan asked.

“I did, he just climbed back and rebuilt it” Youngjae answered.

“Well this time he won't” Himchan said as he grabbed Daehyun and dragged him out of the room.

“There! I'm out! What good does that do?” Daehyun exclaimed.

“It gets us one step closer to figuring out what your problem is” Youngjae replied, causing Himchan to slap him on the shoulder.

“What's it matter to you if I have a problem?” Daehyun asked.

“We're practically brothers, if you have a problem, we all do” Himchan answered.

“I just don't want to talk about it” Daehyun said. Both Himchan and Youngjae noticed tears welling up in his eyes.

“Dae, are you alright?” Himchan asked, reaching to place his hand on Daehyun's shoulder.

“Can't you just leave me alone!” he screamed before turning and running out of the house. The other two stood there in shock for a few moments after.

“Hyung, that's the way he acts when you bring up his parents” Youngjae whispered. Himchan could only nod. He just needs some time to clear his head, he thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kris watched GD as he struggled against the heavy metal collar locked around his neck. “You'll never get out” he smirked. GD lunged forward to strike him, but Kris stood just out of reach.

“How dare you!” D.O growled as he slapped GD across the face.

“I'll get out of here eventually, and you're going on my list of people to hurt when I do. Right below your beloved leader” GD said tauntingly. D.O raised his fist to strike again.

“Kyungsoo, enough!” Kris commanded, causing the other to lower his fist begrudgingly. GD grinned widely at D.O.

They all turned their attention to the doorway when Suho ran in. Like any other would he bowed to Kris when he arrived. “What is it?” Kris asked, the unamusement clearly heard in his voice.

“Tao” Suho answered in a gasp. A look of genuine concern crossed Kris' face. “It happened while he was asleep, he just woke up” Suho said, apparently answering Kris' unasked questions.

Kris bolted out of the room in the direction that Suho had come from. Suho quickly followed behind him. Once they were gone D.O faced GD and cracked his knuckles with a malicious look in his eyes. “Oh ” GD muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW CHAPPIE!!!!!!^^ and more secrets are revealed, and more questions are brought up^^ until next chapter, sesangeul hendeureo

Edit: I think I need to go to sleep now, I can't even remember what I changed about this chapter. Goodnight, I'll do the last 15 chapters tomorrow