Chapter 30

Zelo's a WHAT?

The first thing Kai noticed when Emma entered his mind was the noise. There was the sound of several different voices all talking over each other unintelligibly. Is this what you hear all the time? he asked.

Yeah, pretty much, Emma replied, sounding louder than all the other voices.

How do you handle this? he said, wanting desperately to cover his ears. Wait, are we talking, or thinking?

You get used to it, and we're thinking. I'm the only one who can hear you, and you're the only one who can hear me, she explained.

Kai looked at the seven expectant faces around them. You should do whatever you're going to do, he said.

Done, Emma said as an image flashed across his mind.

He mentally grabbed onto the image before it disappeared. “Take my hand” he told Yongguk, holding out his hand.

Yongguk complied, holding out his hand for the next person. This continued until they all formed a 'human' chain.

Kai teleported them all into another room like the one he woke up in. Most of them stumbled around because the teleport was an experience they weren't used to.

“I was beginning to wonder how long this was going to take” Tabi stated from where he knelt on the floor.

“It would have been longer if it weren't for some quick thinking on Emma's part” Suho said as he set to work freeing Tabi. By the time he was done, Kai was ready to go again.

“You've found another already?” GD asked, still trying to just stand up straight. Kai nodded.

“You'll stop getting dizzy after the third or fourth” Suho assured him. GD grumbled to himself as he took Kai's hand.

They found Chanyeol and Sehun without any interference. Things were seeming almost too easy until Emma and Kai both suddenly collapsed.

“What's happening?” Sehun asked urgently. That's when they heard it, a distinct scream nearby.

“Tao must be having another vision” Suho said.

“We can use the sound to find him” GD said, already walking toward the door.

“What about Lay? We haven't found him yet either” Suho asked worriedly.

“We can split up” Zelo said. “You can take Emma, Kai, and three others to go find Lay and get out. The rest of us will go find and rescue Tao.”

“I'll carry Kai” Sehun said, picking up the unconscious boy.

“I can take Emma” Daesung offered.

“And I'll come in case you run into any guards” Chanyeol added.

“That settles it then, we'll see you guys outside” GD said, pulling the door open and knocking out the guard. They left the unconscious man in the room and went opposite ways down the hallway.

Suho's group made their way through the hallways as quickly as possible, checking behind every door they passed. They finally found what they were looking for behind the ninth or tenth door. It was yet another small prison cell room with a very dazed looking Lay sitting in the middle.

“Lay, are you alright?” Suho asked, rushing over to him.

“I-I'm fine, just a little tired” Lay answered groggily as he rested his head on Suho's shoulder.

“It's okay, you rest, we'll get you out of here” Suho said, hoisting Lay up onto his back. They left that room and continued for a long time without interruption.

“Um... Daesung, you can put me down now” Emma said suddenly. None of them had noticed her wake up.

“Right, sorry” Daesung said, letting her down onto her feet.

“So, Tao had a vision, what was it?” Chanyeol asked before anyone could say anything else.

“I don't know” Emma replied. “It was really weird, I'm not even one-hundred-percent sure of what I saw.”

The way she said it, Chanyeol knew she was holding something back, but there wasn't time for him to try and question it.

The escapees are here” came the voice from the end of the hall they had come from. They turned around to see a handful of guards standing there.

“Chanyeol, now might be a good time to do something” Suho stated.

Chanyeol stood frozen in place, unsure what to do as the guards levelled their guns. “Fire!” one man commanded, gunshots ringing out as they pulled their triggers.

Daesung hid behind his arms and squeezed his eyes shut, expecting to feel the bullets at any second. When he didn't feel anything, he opened his eyes to see a wall of ice. “That's new” he muttered.

Everyone other than Emma looked confused. “We'll explain later. Right now, just take the opportunity to run” Emma said, taking off down the hallway.

“I'll take it” Sehun shrugged, following close behind.

They followed Emma through even more hallways until she suddenly stopped. “Is there something wrong?” Suho asked.

“Yes and no” Emma answered. “Keep going, there's an exit at the end of this hallway. I'll meet you outside. There's something I need to do first.” She ran back in the direction they had come from.

~

I told you it wouldn't be long before my next update^^ Anyone wanna guess what Emma might be doing? I don't think you'll have to wait long to find that out, I'll probably start writing it as soon as I'm finished with this.

As always, new comments and subscribers are welcome and appreciated. I always try to reply to comments when I happen to get them^^