Chapter 14

Zelo's a WHAT?

“Can we stop for a bit? My feet hurt” Zelo complained.

“Too risky!” Tabi snapped, once again in the lead. He himself felt the need to rest, but he also knew that they need to keep moving onward.

“I'm with Zelo, we've been travelling all day, I think we deserve a break” Yongguk said. They were now standing in a small clearing. Tabi paused to think for a moment.

“Fine, but only for a few minutes” he complied. They all sat down gratefully.

“Thank God! I felt like my feet were going to fall off” Youngjae exclaimed.

“You're being melodramatic again Jae” Daehyun pointed out.

“My feet still really hurt” he pouted.

“All of our feet hurt!” Himchan muttered. Everyone else nodded in agreement. While they all sat around chatting, Tabi kept his attention on their surroundings. He yawned, but he made sure no one saw.

He hadn't slept the night before, but he didn't let on how tired he was because the last thing he needed was everyone worrying about him. Tsk, tsk, you haven't been taking good care of yourself now, have you? he heard.

Immediately his head snapped up as he scanned the area around him. It took him a few moments to realize that the voice hadn't come from an exterior source. No, you're not crazy, the voice giggled, answering his unasked question.

Are you a telepath? he thought.

Duh, the voice replied.

Who are you? he asked.

Let's just say that I'm an old friend and I'm here to help. Now you should rest up, big things are about to start happening and you'll need your strength, the voice answered.

But... he thought before his eyelids started feeling heavy.

Shut up and sleep, the voice said before he fell asleep.
Yongguk noticed Tabi slump against the trunk of the tree he sat beside. He wasn't too worried because he had noticed that Tabi looked like he hadn't gotten much sleep. “Hyung, where'd that come from?” Zelo asked, referring to a long metal pole in Yongguk's hand.

“You'd be amazed at what you can find lying around in the bushes” he replied.

“Why did you pick it up?” Himchan asked.

“You never know when you'll need a pole” was Yongguk's answer.

“Yes, but what if you don't need it?” Seungri said.

“It makes a good walking stick, isn't there something else we can talk about other than my pole?” Yongguk said.

“Not really” Taeyang replied.

“So much for a few minutes, I think Tabi fell asleep” Daesung said, looking at the oldest member of their group.

“I say we let him sleep, it gives us more of a break” Youngjae said. Daehyun and Zelo agreed.

“We can't stay for too long though, staying in one spot for too long can get risky” Himchan said, trying to be the voice of reason.

“Alright, but who's waking Tabi up?” Seungri said.

“How hard can it be?” Yongguk responded.

“You don't know the half of it” Taeyang said.

“He sleeps like a hibernating bear, he only wakes up when he wants to wake up” Daesung added.

“I'm still trying” Yongguk said, walking over to where Tabi sat. They all watched as he tried gently shaking Tabi first. When that didn't work, he stepped back slightly to consider his other options.

Many things crossed his mind, but he had a feeling that none of them would work. Then an idea hit him, it was something that always worked on Zelo. “That will never work” Seungri scoffed as Yongguk leaned in and whispered something in Tabi's ear.

To everyone's surprise, it worked. “It's a miracle!” Seungri exclaimed.

“How did you know that would work?” Taeyang asked.

“It always works on Zelo so I had a feeling that it would work here” Yongguk answered.

“I guess we really are brothers” Zelo smirked at Tabi.

“Well isn't that sweet” someone said coldly from behind Yongguk.
Kris walked slowly into the clearing, making sure to keep GD hidden behind his body for the moment. The other Exoans followed behind him with their faces hidden by hoods and masks. Kris stood out from the others because he didn't hide his face and the symbol on his cloak had an almost metallic quality to it.

Tabi instinctively pushed Zelo behind himself for protection as Yongguk brandished his pole in front. “Who are you and what do you want?” Yongguk growled even though he didn't care about the first and already knew the answer to the second.

“Nothing to worry your petty little human brain about” Kris said, attempting to step around Yongguk. Yongguk moved over to block him. “Be that way if you must, but I think I have something you might want” Kris said, lifting GD into view.

GD started fighting against the collar because it pressed into his neck cutting off his airflow with the way Kris held it. “Wasn't his hair a different colour when we met him?” Youngjae asked, referring to GD's now yellow hair. Everyone ignored him because they were more focused on the situation.

Out of nowhere another figure appeared. It was clearly female, and she charged straight at Kris screaming like a banshee. She had her face covered in the same way the Exoans did, with a mask and hood.

Instead of making an impact like everyone expected, Kris caught her by the throat and lifted her in the air, lowering GD at the same time. “Who's that?” Zelo asked.

“I don't know, but she's clearly on our side” Tabi replied.
No one knew what to make of the new arrival, but Kai used the distraction to his advantage. He teleported himself around behind Zelo. “I'm sorry” he whispered as he grabbed Zelo and teleported himself back to be in front of the two groups. Zelo stumbled slightly in confusion.

“I'm so sorry” Kai whispered again. He grabbed Zelo's wrist, twisting his arm around behind his back while at the same time pressing down, forcing him into a kneeling position. Yongguk tightened his grip on the pole as he charged forward to protect Zelo. He was stopped a few feet short of his target. Tao used his ability to bend time to stop him.

Yongguk now found himself pinned to the ground. Tao put his full weight against the metal pole, forcing it toward Yongguk's neck, so Yongguk had to put his attention into keeping it up. “Hit his right knee” Tao hissed so only Yongguk could hear him.

It took Yongguk a moment to realize that Tao was trying to help him. He quickly got a firmer grip on the pole before bringing his legs up and kicking Tao off. Once Yongguk was back on his feet, he charged straight at Kai. He swung the pole over his head, bringing it down hard on Kai's shoulder.

Kai let out a scream of pain as he released Zelo and clutched his injured shoulder. “Run!” Yongguk yelled at Zelo as he spun around and hit Kris right where Tao had told him to. Kris released GD and the other as he fell onto his good knee. “RUN!!!” Yongguk yelled again.

Tabi grabbed Zelo's arm as he ran away with the rest of their group. The other grabbed GD and ran in her own direction, leaving Yongguk to face the Exoans alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY LAST UPDATE OF 2013!!!!!!!!! Yay^^ this has been an amazing half-year on this website and I hope things get even better in the new year. Sooooo... who's wondering about this mystery female that has suddenly appeared?^^ (Hint: she actually has made a couple of appearances earlier in the story... like waaaaaay earlier) leave a comment if you feel like asking me about it or just talking about the story so far. I think this is roughly the halfway point, I really don't know, it evolves as I'm writing it, but this scene is one I've been planning since I was on chapter 4 so I hope you enjoy it

 

BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!^^

Edit: Yay^^ I've made it through all of my chapters that are almost a year old. Now onto the 2014 chapters :D