Chapter 27

Zelo's a WHAT?

“I was what? How'd you do that so fast?” Daehyun spluttered in surprise. Everyone seemed a little shocked and surprised Youngjae's speed.

“I've done it a couple times before” Youngjae said quietly.

“You've hacked into the government's mainframe before” Daehyun said, making it sound kind of ridiculous.

“Yeah, it's not that hard. Don't tell Himchan.” Youngjae smiled nervously.

“Don't tell me what?” Himchan asked sternly, walking into the conversation. Taeyang was close behind.

“Uh... oops” was all Youngjae managed to say. He tried to put on the most innocent face he could muster. “Himchannie hyung, don't be mad.”

Himchan eyed him suspiciously. “What did you do for me to be mad at?” he asked.

“We hacked into the government and found where the others are located” Seungri answered.

“You hacked into the government” Himchan said incredulously. Youngjae nodded carefully.

“He's actually quite talented with a computer” Seungri added.

“I guess now we can come up with some sort of plan” Taeyang said.

They sat there and plotted for a while, trying to determine the best plan of attack. “It seems obvious to me, we need to sneak in” Emma stated. Everyone nodded in agreement.

They took a moment to gather what they needed. “Are we ready?” Daesung asked.

“Not yet” GD said. “If we're gonna be breaking into anywhere, I'm gonna need my sword.”

“Your sword?” Himchan asked, “Isn't that weapon a little outdated?”

“No, now where is it?” GD answered, directing the question at Seungri.

“It's right here” Seungri answered, pulling out a crude-looking sheath. The hilt sticking out of the end had beaded and feathered tassells attached to it.

GD snatched it away quickly. They gasped as he drew the blade. “Now we're ready” he grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why won't you talk!” the commander roared, slamming Lay against the wall. “You're just making this harder for yourself.” Lay refused to respond, he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

The commander growled as he turned and whispered something to one of the men outside. The man saluted and left. Lay watched as the commander waited for the man to return.

After a few minutes, there was a scuffling sound coming from the hallway. The commander grabbed whoever was making the sound and re-entered the room. He dragged the other person around in front of himself and Lay gasped. It was Suho.

“You talk, or I pull the trigger” he commanded, pulling out a pistol and placing the barrel against the back of Suho's head. Lay hesitated for a moment, tempted to tell him everything to save his friend, but Suho shook his head.

“Talk!” the commander yelled, shoving the barrel of the gun hard against Suho's head, causing Suho to cringe.

“If you shoot him in the head, you lose your bargaining chip” Lay stated calmly.

“You're right” he said as he slowly lowered the gun. Suho let out a sigh of relief, but he was too hasty.

The commander fired his gun through Suho's back, the bullet exiting through his chest. “No!” Lay exclaimed, rushing forward as Suho fell, only to bounce back when he reached the end of the chain attached to his restraints.

“Release his hands, I want to see what happens” the commander said. Another man rushed to fulfil the order.

Lay scrambled over to Suho and knelt by his side. “Lay... no” he gasped between shallow breaths, trying to push Lay away. He coughed a few times, small amounts of blood coming up with each cough.

“I'm sorry, I can't just let you die” Lay said as he placed his hand over the bullet hole. He closed his eyes to concentrate.

Suho's breathing eased back to a normal rate and when Lay removed his hand, the wound was gone.

“So that's what you can do” the commander muttered thoughtfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been so long since I've updated this story. I'm glad I finally wrote something that I could post.

So I decided to create a timeline (loosely using the word) of my major events from my last chapter (chapter 26) to the end of the story and by my count I have about 12 chapters, give or take left. Theoretically, my final chapter count will be about 39 (40 if you include the prologue)

This story currently takes up a 67 page word document on my computer and I estimate that it will be about 100 by the time I'm done

As always, if you could comment and subscribe that would be great^^