Chapter 8

The Red String of Fate

Hi i'm back with another new chapter,sorry for not updating earlier but i got distracted from watching PAINTED SKIN.

Has any of you watched it? Well if you havent it's good, i cried so much especially the part when XiaBing(Gui Gui)

found out her master was her grangfather and was dying :'(

Anyway hopefully you'll enjoy it s much as i'm typing up this chapter ^^

[Aaron’s POV]

I was lying down on my bed comfortably while staring at my phone, having my head lying on one arm and with my phone in my other hand. When at that moment Calvin, Jiro and Wu Chun barged into my room.

“Yo!” Jiro shouted excitedly.

“We got you something to eat,” Wu Chun stated as he moved the bag side to side in the air.

“And some drinks!” Calvin added whilst repeating the same action as Wu Chun.

I got up from my bed and walked towards the coffee table in my room. We were all munching on our food whilst watching a sports channel on my plasma TV screen in my room.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and looked at the blank front screen again.

“Hey Aaron you’ve been distracted by your phone a lot for the past few days now,” stated Wu Chun.

Jiro’s focus was now removed from the TV and agreed with him. “Yeah…I’ve noticed too….recently you keep looking at your phone.”

“Aaron…are you expecting someone?” Calvin smirked.  I sighed.

 *FLASHBACK*

 “Gui Gui have you got a mobile phone?” I asked her while i gestured my hand in front of her asking for her phone.

She stared at me with her big brown eyes and nodded before she took out her phone and slowly placed it into my hand. I flipped opened her phone and started dialling my number into her phone, I could see from the corner of my eyes that she was very confused with my actions. Once I finished I returned the phone back to her.  Before she could ask I already spoke.

“I saved my mobile number in your phone so when your free give me a call and I’ll treat you dinner,” I smiled, proudly. She smiled faintly at me.

 *END OF FLASHBACK*

“So…..” Wu Chun asked and gave a ‘are you going to tell us’ face.

“Are you going to answer our question or just sit there and daydream?” Calvin stated.

“Yes,” I replied with one short word and hoped they will be satisfied with that answer but obviously luck was never on my side.

“Is that a yes to my question or Calvin?” Wu Chun asked.

I sighed before I continued “It’s a yes to both answer.” I was about to leave to avoid any more questions when all of a sudden I felt a long muscular arm round my shoulders.

“Whoa! I guess we were worried for nothing…so who’s this chick that captured our little Aaron’s heart already?” Jiro grinned widely.

“Hey Aaron I know I should be happy…but are you sure about this girl? I mean she could be just like Qiao Qiao or the others you’ve dated,” Wu Chun said in a very concerning voice. “Also you just broke up with Qiao Qiao…don’t you think it’s a bit too quick to like someone already?” Wu Chun continued.

“Wei Wu Chun, we should be happy that Aaron is over Qiao Qiao,” Calvin smiled happily.

“You’ve misunderstand it not what you guys think,” I replied.

“Then what is it dude?” asked Jiro, who has now dropped the smile on his face.

“I’m just waiting for this girl to call since I promised to treat her for dinner as she had helped me on the day me and Qiao Qiao broke up,” I spoke.

“What you mean...the girl who gave you her umbrella during that heavy rain?” Jiro asked while removing his arm from my shoulders and looked at me.

“Yeah,” I said in a monotone.

“Hey you never told us how you found her?” questioned Wu Chun. Calvin nodded in agreement.

“She was actually the daughter of my dad’s trusted employee so I met her during the dinner with her family,” I explained.

“Oh ok so she hasn’t contacted you after that night?” asked Calvin.

I breathed out heavily and I moved my head from side to side. I was getting quite annoyed with all these questions but I knew it was because they care for me.

“And I’m guessing you don’t have her number,” stated Wu Chun.

I stayed quiet knowing they would understand my answer.

Calvin walked up to me and patted my shoulder and said “Don’t worry I’m sure she will contact you soon” and gave me a smile. He started walking towards the kitchen but stopped halfway there and turned around.

“By the way Aaron, why are so desperately waiting for her call? You’ve never acted like this before with other girls not even when you were dating Qiao Qiao or Selena,” Calvin grinned slyly.

Wu Chun and Jiro understanding what Calvin was trying to say started smiling as well. Now all focus was back to me again. To be honest I’m not really sure why I’m acting like this.

“I guess I just feel very grateful to her, all the people I know either help me out because of my looks or my status but she who doesn’t know who I am still helped me out,” I smiled.

“Oh okay,” the three nodded.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Calvin, Jiro and Wu Chun said that, they knew there was more of it than just feeling grateful towards that girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afterwards Calvin, Jiro and Wu Chun left as it was getting late and they had to go home for dinner.

“I think you guys know what I’m thinking?” Calvin asked but it was more of a statement than a question.

“Yep…desperately waiting for her, defending, smiling…” Wu Chun listed. “Doesn’t this seem familiar?”

“Let’s just hope this girl is different to the others,” Jiro sighed heavy.

“He definitely deserve better than this,” Calvin stated with a frown face.

“Let’s just hope…” prayed Wu Chun.