Chapter one

The Red String of Fate

[Gui Gui POV]

 “Gui Gui! It looks like it’s going to rain tonight so I don’t think there will be any customers coming, you can head home once you have finished with the book stacking,” Gui Gui’s manager told her.

“Thank you Xiao Xun,” I replied back excitedly.

 As I came out from her workplace, I felt tiny little water droplets falling down towards me but luckily for me my mum reminded me to bring an umbrella so there was no need for me to rush home. I felt so happy today as I get to leave work earlier than usual and the fact that I get to enjoy the rain, I’ve always been in love with the sound of the rain as it gives me comfort.  When I was getting nearer to my road I saw a black figure crouching down and was shivering. I soon realised it was a guy and placed my umbrella over him.

“Sir, are you alright?” I asked him.

 The guy squatting down lifted his head up and stared at me for a few second before he replied.

 “Erm….yeah I’m just waiting for someone,” he reassured me whilst his teeth were shattering.

  He then placed his head down again in between his legs. I started to look around to see if anyone was coming towards my direction and happens to be the person the guy was waiting for. However there wasn’t even a single person who was travelling down the road. I was very worried as I knew if I left this guy here waiting for god knows how long he’s going to fall ill. My house was only down the road so I decided give my umbrella to this guy; at least the umbrella may reduce the chances of him becoming very sick.

 I touched the guy’s arm to get his attention and he lazily raised his head.  “Here sir please takes my umbrella,” I told him.

 “N-“before the guy gets to finish off his sentence I already placed my umbrella in his hand.

 “Don’t worry about it,” I reassured him and began to run back home.

 [Aaron POV]

 Whilst I was waiting for my driver to come and pick me up it started sprinkling down water droplets. Great! The day my driver has to be later is the day it rains. Urg… I hate the rain so much, why does it have to rain now. Today is probably the worst day I had, first I found out the girl I’ve been dating for three months was cheating on me not only that she was only with me because of my money. Now I have to have rain poured onto me. I clenched my fists and asked myself why? Why all the girls I’ve been dating are always with me either because of my looks or money! I loved every one of them whole heartedly but why do they have to make me experience this pain. The rain began to pour down heavier; I was now soaked and cold. I crouched down hugging my legs, thinking I will be warmer this way. When suddenly I couldn’t feel any water splashed onto me and I felt a shadow in front of me.

I thought it was my driver and was about to raise my head up and shout at him for being so later when I heard a sweet voice asking if I was alright. I lifted my head up and slowly replied to her that I was fine and return back to my original posture. After a few second she told me use her umbrella and before I could reject her, my hands was already holding her umbrella and she ran off.  

 “Wow what a sweet person. Urg…I didn’t even get her name or number how I will give her umbrella back,” I asked myself loudly. Not long after a car’s headlights shined onto me and I knew it was my driver.