Chapter 11

The Red String of Fate

 [Aaron’s POV]

“C..Calvin!” Wu Chun said slowly.

Both Jiro and I stared at Calvin astonishingly.

“What do you mean?” Jiro eyed Calvin. Calvin just gave us his signature smile.

His smile always brightens up the people around him and I knows anyone would want to be close to him and I was envious of that. Even now with him smiling like this I should be worrying about his relationship between Gui Gui but I don’t feel threaten at all.

“Meaning there won’t be any nasty fights between us two,” Calvin spoke out as he sat down on his seat.

There was an awkward silence until finally someone decided to clarify what Calvin had said.

“I’m confused. Are you saying you and Gui Gui are just friends or you’re already dating her?” Jiro faced Calvin with a confused look.

I felt sharp pains in my heart after knowing there is a possible chance of Calvin already dating Gui Gui. Wu Chun placed his hand on my shoulders before commenting on Jiro’s question but was cut off by Calvin.

“Cal-“

“Before i tell you my answer, I want to know something myself first….Aaron are you serious about Gui Gui?” Calvin asked in a serious tone.

Wu Chun slammed his hands on the table and got up from his seat.

“Ey Cal, you know Aaron isn’t that type of guy who plays with people’s feeling, especially you’ve seen how he puts all his feeling in every relationships even though in the end they were the one hurting him.”

“Chill Chun, I just want to know his answer,” Calvin lifted both of his hands up.

I placed my hand on Wu Chun’s shoulders and pulled him back down to his seat before giving Calvin my answer.

“I’m not sure right now if i like her but I know I want to know more about her. Also if I do develop feeling towards Gui Gui in the future I would love her whole heartedly so you don’t have to worry,” I explained in a serious tone.

After hearing my answer Calvin’s face returned back to his normal smiley face.

“Aaron…I know it was harsh of me asking you that type of question when we’ve known each other for so long, we’re practically like brothers and we all know you’re not a player, but Gui Gui is very important to me,” Calvin sighed.

“Don’t worry about it but could you tell me if you’re dating Gui Gui. If you are together don’t worry I’m not going to get in the way. I mean Cal you’re a brother to me and I’m happy for you finding your happiness,” I replied nervously.

Calvin grinned and smacked me in the arm “Relax Aaron, it’s the first time seeing you like this. Looks like you have fallen for Gui Gui and it’s impossible for us two.”

“Why? Is it because you think of her as a sis or a friend?” Jiro asked whilst taken a sip of his drink.

“Well yeah. She is a very close friend of mine and I think of her as part of my family but the point is because she’s my ex,” Calvin answered.

SPOOT! Cough. Cough. Cough. "What?” Jiro asked astonishingly but was still coughing.

Wu Chun who was about to take a bite of the cake even stopped to focus on Calvin. I was the same as both of them, my jaw almost dropped. What? Gui Gui use to be Calvin’s girlfriend?.

“Are you alright man?” Calvin patted Jiro’s back.

Cough! "Yeah I’m fine but that was not what I was expecting you to say.”

“Not just him, it applies to us two as well,” I replied. “Come on it’s all in the past,” Calvin said cheerfully.

“From what I see both of you are still very close so why did you…break up?” I asked.

But deep down I know I’m feeling happy and relief.

“I had to move to a different middle school during the last year,” Calvin explained.

“What…so you broke up because you moved? Couldn’t you still be together?” Wu Chun asked.

“It’s not like we broke up straight away when I left, we still dated each other for half a year but as time went we found it was getting very difficult for us to have a long distant relationship. It was either both of us were busy with our coming high school entry exams, or something is holding us up from meeting each other. So in the end we decided it was best to break up before our relationship ends up badly and ruin our friendship,” Calvin sighed.

“Does this mean you still have feelings for her?” I asked, hoping he says no.

“I do…but both our feelings for each other now are only family love so don’t worry Aaron,” Calvin playfully punched me.

I smiled at him “Thanks.”

“Now that everything has cleared up we don’t have to worry about both of you fighting for a girl,” Jiro said as he stretched his arms like all his stress has been taken off.

“Even if we did like the same girl we would have had a fair match,” I punched Calvin playfully.

“Definitely,” Calvin smiled.

Wu Chun gave out a relief sigh. “I can finally enjoy my cake again.” Which made us all laughed.

---------------Next day--------------

[No one’s POV]

“Mama I’m not going to come back for dinner tonight,” Gui Gui shouted as she slipped on her shoes.

“Another job interview? Gui Gui…I know we had trouble in paying you university fees but now that your dad has a new job and your Vanness ge ge is working, you don’t have to worry and work so hard,” Mrs Wu poked her head through the door and asked worriedly.

Mrs Wu came towards Gui Gui and caress her face and smiled weakly. “I’m sorry that you and your brother have to work so hard…if only-“

“Mama it’s not your fault and don’t worry I’m not looking for another job. I’m actually going to have dinner with Aaron,” Gui Gui explained cheerfully.

“Aaron?”

“Yeah, Mr Yan’s son,” Gui Gui replied.

“Gui Gui. I know Mr Yan’s family is very kind to us…but we shouldn’t rely of him or his family,” her mother told Gui Gui. Gui Gui nodded her head in agreement and reassured her mother that it was only a ‘thank you’ dinner thing before leaving for work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly closing time for the bookstore which also means the end of Gui Gui’s shift and her dinner with Aaron. While her co-workers, Ya Tao working on the cash register and Xiao Xun helping a customer, Gui Gui strolling along with the book trolley to place the books back in position.

“A…A…A…B…B…C…DFG…M...” Gui Gui mumbled to herself whilst with one of finger pointing at each book she saw on the bookshelf but was interrupted by someone.

“Gui Gui I’ve been interested in you for quite a long time and you know... so I was wondering if I could treat you to dinner and get to know each other,” the guy dressed very well-mannered like a businessman.

Gui Gui knew who he was, he has been a loyal customer as long as she can remember, who worked across the bookstore in the big company. He was very well respected and admired by his co-workers and many people but Gui Gui find him creepy instead, well you can’t blame her. He would always come into the bookstore during his lunch breaks and day-offs just to sit in the corner pretending to be interested in the book but was looking and smiling at Gui Gui. Gui Gui forced a smiled at him and was thinking a way to turn him down again but lucky for her today someone helped her. It was Aaron. Aaron came early to pick up Gui Gui and decided to come in the bookstore to help her finish her job early so they can leave for their dinner. However just as he came in, Aaron witnesses everything and quickly helps her reject the guy before the guy can take her away and ruined their dinner.

“Sorry man but she with me tonight.” Aaron said, placing his arm round her shoulders and pushes her towards him.

The guy scanned Aaron from head to toe, like he was saying something about the way he dressed.

“Gui Gui…is that true with him?” the guy finally spoke and looked at Aaron weirdly whilst one of his fingers pointing at him. The comment immediately made Aaron angry; it was like his saying that he can’t match her who was he, to criticise him.

“Yes that’s right, you have a problem with it?” Aaron angrily shouted back.

“I wasn’t asking you,” the guy said coldly as he leaned forwarded with his hands in his pocket.

Aaron knew it would be immature to answer back but he just couldn’t help it. Letting him look like an immature boy throwing a tantrum for getting his toys taken and this stranger looks like the real gentlemen here. Aaron was about to say something but Gui Gui butted in as she knew Aaron was going to blow up any minute and she didn’t want to make a big commotion in the bookstore.

“I’m sorry but it’s true, tonight I promised to have dinner with him,” Gui Gui said apologetically.

The guy took a deep breath and looked at Gui Gui. “Fine…I guess if you’re busy then it can’t be helped.” 

After the guy left, Aaron still had his arm around Gui Gui without noticing until Gui Gui tried to get out of his grip.

“Sorry,” Aaron said as he removed his arm. Gui Gui smiled and shake her head.

“Thank you. If you didn’t come he probably wouldn’t have left this fast.”

After hearing this comment, Aaron showed a tint of redness on his cheeks and had this very weird feeling inside his stomach. He never felt this happy before for helping someone even with his ious girlfriends.

“Are you ready to leave now?” Aaron did a fake coughed to try and hide his shyness before he asked her.

“Erm…I should be but let me ask my boss first,” Gui Gui answered and walked towards Xiao Xun.

“Xiao Xun is it alright if I leave now?”

Xiao Xun who had her back towards Gui Gui and replied.

“Yeah sure but could you help-“

When she turned around seeing Aaron there she immediately reworded her sentence.

“Actually never mind, you can go.”

“Are you sure?” Xiao Xun grinned widely and nodded.

After changing into her clothes, Gui Gui and Aaron headed to the restaurant.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update but i'm kind of losing inspiration for this story so i apologise if its not good. Anyway please tell me what you think of it, if it's

interesting or not!!!! BTW can't believe GUI GUI's NEW DRAMA LOVE RECIPE is coming out this in two day 4 SEPTEMBER!!!! I cant wait to watch her also

Xiao Man(former heygirl) will be starring in it. Happy that Gui Gui gets to meet her friend again ^^