Chapter 14

The Red String of Fate

I'm so SORRY!!! I know it's been months since I lasted updated this story but hopefully you havent forgotten about me or this fanfic.

So I hope you will enjoy this chapter and a little bonus for you guys to compensate, this chapter is slightly longer than the others also I'm writing a

NEW FANFIC so I'll be posting that later.  And dont forget to comment and subscribe :)

 Oh yeah and Happy Chinese New Year!!! Wish everyone good health and fortune ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Big Day!

[Gui Gui’s POV]

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

ZzZzZzZzZzZz………………….

“Gui Gui!” “Gui Gui!” The person shouted from far way.

“Hm…Is someone calling me?” I asked myself whilst I was still half asleep.

“Gui Gui!”

“Who keeps calling me?”

I lazily fluttered my eyes but still lay in the same position on my bed. I was about to go back to sleep when I caught sight of the clock. 10 Am. My eyes widen as I realised I was going to be late! Oh God. How am I going to be ready and get there in 20 minutes? I quickly got off my bed and just when I opened my bedroom door I bumped into someone.

[No one’s POV]

BAM! Urg! “Ah so your finally awake,” Vanness said with one arm up ready to knock on door.

“Ge...what should I do I’m so going to be late,” cried Gui Gui.

Gui Gui really hates making others waste their time and wait for her. Vanness saw how cute his little sister was and just couldn’t resist not helping her.

“Calm down! Don’t worry big brother’s here isn’t he?” Vanness beamed his white teeth at his cute little sister.

That statement made Gui Gui giggle and felt relieved. She has always been very thankful to have a brother like him, not every siblings get along with each other. To Gui Gui, Vanness was not just a brother by name but a brother who she can depend on and always protect her. They have always got along together although sometimes they will have their arguments but they will always make up after sometime. “I love you Ge! You’re the best!” Gui Gui smiled and hugged her brother and quickly ran into the bathroom.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you ready Gui?” Vanness shouted at the end of the hallway but got no response from her, instead someone else answered back.

“Where are you going?” Mrs Wu asked worriedly while walking out from the living room towards Vanness.

“Ma don’t worry I’m just dropping Gui Gui off to meet Aaron and Cynthia,” Vanness replied and placed his hand on her shoulders.

“I can’t help to worry, you two are the most precious thing to me in this world….yet I haven’t fulfil my role as a mother,” Mrs Wu sighed.

“Ma to me and Gui Gui you are the world’s best mum and no one can replace you and stop worrying about us,” Vanness calmed his mother.

“Honey his right,” Mr Wu reassured her and hugged her on the side.

“I’m ready!” Gui Gui screamed while running down the flight of stairs.

“Morning mama and papa! Well we’re off,” Gui Gui smiled angelically and hooked onto Vanness’s arm.

“Ok, have fun sweety,” Mr and Mrs Wu said together. “Bye pa, bye ma,” Vanness replied. As soon as they left the house it became very quiet but warm.

“It seems like Aaron really likes Gui Gui,” Mrs Wu stated.

“And our daughter likes him as well, sooner or later they’re going to be together,” Mrs Wu added.

“I’m not sure about that…our daughter can be unpredictable,” Mrs Wu smiled.

“Well it doesn’t matter as long as she’s happy now then I have nothing to worry about,” Mr Wu expressed and kissed his lovely wife on the cheeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where’s Gui Gui?” Aaron worriedly asked the others while looking up and down.

“Calm down Aaron, she probably woke up late,” Cynthia assured him.

The others have already told everything to Cynthia the night before. At first she was shocked about the news although she had a tiny feeling that Aaron did have feelings for Gui Gui but she just wasn’t sure. However as soon as she knew she immediately agreed to help them today. Even though she knew what the answer was going to be.

“Ever since he met Gui Gui his become a worrywart,” Jiro whispered to the guys.

“I thought whispers were meant to be unheard,” Aaron glared at them.

“Whoops sorry,” Jiro replied.  

“Hey look Gui Gui’s here!” Cynthia screamed happily and ran towards Vanness’s car.

She recognised the car immediately as she’s use to riding in his car with Gui Gui. As soon as they found out she’s here Aaron started to panic and so did the other guys.

“Okay I’m going now…remember to bring her there and wish me go luck guys,” Aaron said and ran as quickly as possible so Gui Gui can’t see him.

“Let the plan begin,” Wu Chun cheered and hi-5 Jiro and Calvin.

“Sorry I’m late,” Gui Gui ran to them and apologised while Vanness followed behind with Cynthia.

 “Gui it’s okay,” Calvin replied with a smile and turn towards Vanness.

“Vanness it’s good to see you,” Calvin said and did their handshakes which made Gui Gui rolled her eyes.

They never change. Calvin met Vanness through Gui Gui when they were still dating back then. It didn’t take long for both of them to become good friends-they had a similar personality.

“Calvin it’s been so long since I’ve last saw you,” Vanness said and tried to remember when it was.

While Calvin and Vanness was in their own little conversation the guys was clueless about the guy in front of them.

“Ge,” Gui Gui shouted and got both attention.

“I would like you to meet Aaron’s other friends. Jiro and Wu Chun,” Gui Gui said.

“Hi I’m Vanness, Gui Gui’s older brother,” Vanness said and went up to handshake both of them.

“Yo!”

“Hi!”

“Anyway I better leave or I’ll be late for work. See ya later little ghost,” Vanness stated and kissed Gui Gui goodbye.

“Bye Ge,” Gui Gui started looking around and everyone kind of knew who she was looking for.

“A classmate of us asked Aaron to help out with something for today’s event,” Calvin lied.

“Oh ok,” Gui Gui just simply replied.

The guys were hoping for a bigger reaction than that. “So should we go?” Cynthia asked. “Yep!” Gui Gui replied happily.

It has been hours since Calvin and the guys took Gui Gui and Cynthia around their university. Gui Gui was getting tired after all the excitement she had and wanted to sit down and have something to eat, but Calvin or the others would always stop her from leaving as Aaron still needs to do his confession. Eventually she got a bit annoyed and upset. “Guys I’m hungry and exhausted! Could we go to the café down the road and meet Aaron later?” Gui Gui asked disappointingly and stopped walking, causing the others looked at one another.

Meanwhile

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 “Hey Chun,” Aaron said while trying to tie up the ribbon into a bow.

“Your WHAT!...O.kay I get it.”

After hearing that Gui Gui and the rest of them were coming, Aaron quickly finished off tying the ribbon into a bow and cleaned out all the mess. He hurriedly ran into the kitchen to adjust his clothes and hair and closed the lights just before he heard footsteps coming closer. The door slung opened and the magic begins.

[Gui Gui POV]

I was really tired after walking for such a long time and I wanted to leave and meet Aaron later, but the others would always say “Let’s walk around for a bit more.” Sigh...this time I told them that I really needed to rest and I was so sure they were going to say “yes” but instead they told me we’ll go to the canteen first. So I agreed since there’s nothing much I can do but the weird thing is they kept pushing me to walk first and made me hold onto a white rose. And when we reached there the lights were out. I turned back and looked at them confusingly but the just told me to go inside. As I opened the doors a soft melody started playing and my eyes widen. The place was decorated with candles everywhere and heart shaped balloons saying “I love you” or “You are my only one.” But that wasn’t the real reason why I was shocked. Aaron was in front of me playing the piano. He turned towards my direction but was still playing and smiled at me gently which made my heart skipped a beat, like always. Once the melody was finished, he walked up to me and kneeled on one leg with a banquet of red roses.

“Gui Gui I know we haven’t met for so long but the first time I saw you, you had already imprinted yourself into my heart. I know you are the one because even on the first day we met, you could finish my sentences, and know that when I said I was alright, you knew I wasn’t. This is how I know you are meant for me and…I love you. Gui Gui please be my girlfriend.” Every word he said made every single tear in my eyes leaked out. I just couldn’t control myself. This feeling reminded me so such of the time when Calvin confessed his love to me.

 “I…I,” I tried to reply back but nothing will come out of mouth.

“I promised to only love you and never let anyone hurt you.” Aaron nervously added.

I can see he was getting nervous and water started filling up his eyes too.

“Come on Gui Gui say yes, his serious,” Jiro encouraged.

 “Shhh,” both Calvin and Cynthia placed one of their fingers onto their mouth. They were so excited, it was better than watching it on TV.

I wiped the tears on my face and smiled at Aaron. He was now having his head hanged low; maybe he thought I was going to reject him. I gently lifted his head and wiped his tears.

“Aaron I love you too and would love to be your girlfriend.” I smiled and handed him the white rose.

As soon as I said that the group behind us cheered loudly and Aaron lifted me up and started spinning me around.

“Gui Gui thank you, thank you,” Aaron said happily and placed me back down.

He softly stared at me and came closer towards me as my eyes started to shut. Then he slowly pressed his lips against mine while one hand around my waist, the other behind my head. I could hear everyone behind cheering at us. We were now officially a couple.