Chapter 5

The Red String of Fate

 Hi everyone XD Here's another chapter and please enjoy!!! Comments...comments...comments XP

 [Aaron POV]

After I had chuckled, her eyes met mine and started to blush but continued with what she was doing. With her delicate hands, she gently stoked the tiny brown fluff ball and it replied with a . She slightly giggled. I was quite surprised with her actions, normally if a girl gets by this dog they would squeak. I pet my dog and Gui Gui looked at me. I pointed upwards to indicate her to go upstairs, she smiled shyly and nodded. We both got up under the table and sneaked out quietly upstairs into my bedroom with my brown fluff ball.

[Gui Gui POV]

After we sneaked out of the dining room, we went upstairs into a room which I’m guessing it’s Ya Lun’s room. The brown fluff ball wiggled out of my hold and laid itself on the bed. I walked up to the bed and smiled at it and began to brush my hand softly on its fur while Ya Lun sat next to fluff ball. I could feel his stare on me which was starting to make me feel very uncomfortable so I decided to distract him with a question.

“Erm…Ya Lun is this a male or female?” I asked.

“It’s a female, her name is Mei Mei and call me Aaron,” Ya Lun answered.

I slightly grinned at him and turned my head to the dog again.

“Mei Mei,” I called her. She gazed at me with her googly eyes, she is so cute!

“So Gui Gui do you have a dog at home too,” Aaron questioned. I looked towards his direction and smiled while shaking my head. 

“Oh…really…with your actions I thought you had one at home,” Aaron replied surprisingly.

“I wished I did…but with our family situation it’s impossible,” I sighed before I continued “my parent can hardly afford to send me to university but luckily I have a part time job and my brothers working so I can study at Sheng Ying University,” I revealed with a smile.

“I’m sure you don’t have to worry about your university fees anymore since your dad is now working for my one of the biggest company in the world,”  Aaron patted my head and smiled sweetly.

I replied with a smile on my face and returned my attention to Mei Mei again. Although my eyes were on Mei Mei I wasn’t really focusing on her. I was busy thinking about how I behaved differently today, today I experienced my first time starting a conversation as well as expressing my feelings to someone I barely knew.   

[Aaron POV]

After she answered me she returned her focus back to Mei Mei. I carefully analyse her every move I don’t know why but she kind of remind me of someone. I remove my focus off her and thought about the incident last night.

“The girl….” I thought. I started to drift off into my own world and occasionally i would sigh heavy until I felt something warm on my shoulder. 

“Are you alright?” Gui Gui looked at me worriedly. Before I could replied the same flashback scene occurred.

*Flashback*

“Sir, are you alright?” a girl asked me sweetly.

*End of flashback*

“It was you….” I said it in a surprise tone whilst grabbing onto her arm gently.

Her face looked shocked a first but the expression soon changed, she was now staring at me confusedly.

“You’re the girl who helped me last night,” i exclaimed.

The room fell silent for a few minutes until Gui Gui finally spoke.

“Your….You’re the guy in the rain last night,” it more like a statement than a question.

I returned with a massive grin. “About last night…thanks…in return I’ll treat you to lunch,” I expressed happily.

“It’s really not a big thing…you don’t need to treat me with anything…if it was someone else in my shoes they would have done the same,” Gui Gui stated, smiling.

Although she said that we both knew it was hardly true. In a normal occasion I would just let it go if the girl refuses me but for some reason I really wanted to treat her with a meal, well actually it was more like I wanted to get to know her more. She was very different to all the other girls.

“No really I want to…that night I was very depressed but with your action….it lifted up my mood,” I insisted, holding on her arm.

She eventually gave in to me and we both smiled. For the rest of the evening we continued playing with Mei Mei and would occasionally make conversation. Although we didn’t talk much but her being here makes me feel very happy and through her actions and our small talks, I have eventually got to know her better.