Chapter 13

The Red String of Fate

 Hey!
I'm not sure about this chapter but I thought I let you read it so I might change it later on :) Tell me what you think about this chapter please!!!

 

[No one’s POV]

Where ever you go at the moment it was very classy and pink. This is reminding everyone that this special day that happens once a year is coming nearer.

Many people just can’t wait for the big day to come-couples can’t wait to spend the most romantic day with their loved ones and singles are feeling anxious about confessing to their the person they love which determines whether they are going to spend another alone or not.

Whether they are going to have a great day or not, everyone just can’t wait for the day to come. However there was one person that does not feel this way. Aaron.

Aaron and his friends was walking along the corridor of their university campus, they had just finished their lecture and was walking towards the canteen.

When suddenly the same topic came up in their conversation again.

“So Aaron are you going to confess to Gui Gui anytime soon, like before Valentine’s day?” Wu Chun asked.

Aaron was just quiet as usual when this discussion was brought up.

He just doesn’t know how to confess and whether it’s the right time to  although the guys have been supportive and keep on encouraging him it will turn out good, but he scared of feeling disappointed with her answer.

“Come on Aaron! Stop worrying. You and Gui Gui have been hanging out together a lot after that dinner date,” Jiro added.

“Aaron. You really need to confess I mean it’s been two months since you realised that you’re truly in love with Gui Gui and knowing Gui Gui for so long I know she has some feelings towards you,” Calvin explained, hoping to encourage Aaron to confess.

“Whatever. I just don’t think it’s the right time,” Aaron replied casually but he actually wanted to and spends Valentine’s Day with her but was too scared. 

The rest of the group sighed together and shook their heads. When they were walking a pile of posters were everywhere on the wall promoting their upcoming festival that their university that happens every year.

 This gave Wu Chun an idea. “Hey Aaron our university’s festival is on Valentine’s day…” before Wu Chun could finished Jiro butted.

“And…”

“Well I heard the Greenery club was in charge of this year’s festival and they have this event going on called “Confession of the rose” where flowers are involved. So if someone wants to confess to their loved ones they will give them a red rose and if the one who received the red rose feels the same way, he or she will reply with a white rose and joins in the couple dance…”

“And if they don’t feel the same?” Jiro interrupted again.

Wu Chun sighed before continuing “Can’t you let me finish before you in….anyway if they don’t feel the same way as the person then they return them with a yellow rose.”

“That makes sense white means to love each other and yellow is the end of a love relationship….” Calvin high five Chun he knew what he was trying to imply.

However Jiro still did not understand what the both of them was talking about.

“And….”  

“….And I could use this event to invite Gui Gui and confess my love to her,” Aaron whispered quietly to himself but the rest had heard him.

“Oh…nice one Chun. Gui Gui will definitely say yes!” Jiro exclaimed and place both his arms round their shoulders.

“But Gui Gui might feel awkward being invited out on Valentine’s day so let’s ask Cynthia as well,” suggested Wu Chun.

“Alright! Then it’s decided, we kill two birds with one stone." Jiro shouted excitely,

 Aaron grinned happily and couldn’t wait to ask Gui Gui whereas the others just couldn’t wait to proceed their plan.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Gui Gui and Cynthia had just finished their lectures and was leaving their university when they saw Aaron, Calvin, Jiro and Wu Chun outside leaning against their cars.

 “Hey!” Gui Gui and Cynthia greeted together while walking towards the guys.

Aaron immediately smiled happily when he heard Gui Gui and walked towards them while the rest followed behind him.

“Hi.”

“So what brings you guys here?” Gui Gui asked.

“Well…” Calvin walked next to Aaron and placed his arm on Aaron’s shoulders while looking at him smiling.

“Yeah…?” Gui Gui focused on Calvin but shifted her attention to Aaron when he started to talk.

“You see…there every year on Valentine’s Day our university organises an event for people outside and inside to participant so we were wondering if you two would like to go?” Aaron looked at Gui Gui with pleading eyes.

“So what do you think?” Calvin smiled.

Gui Gui looked at Cynthia.

“I don’t mind going,” Cynthia replied happily.

She just couldn’t resist not going with them…I mean you hardly get to know and hang out with a group of rich handsome guys. Also she knew Aaron had this thing for Gui Gui and so did Gui Gui but they were both too shy to admit their feelings to each other.

“Okay we’ll both go. I can’t wait to see the famous rich university that everyone wished they can get in” Gui Gui replied excitedly.

“Yep and not only that we get to see this event!” Cynthia cheered.

“Alright then!” All the guys high fived each other. Gui Gui and Cynthia was confused with their actions but ignored it as they thought they was just very happy for them to come.