Chapter Two

The Red String of Fate

[Gui Gui POV]

 As I rolled over onto my side, the sunlight glistens through my bedroom window leaving me with the feeling of warmness. I lazily opened one of my eyes and formed my hand into a ball shape to rub my eyes. Just when I was about to get up, someone knocked on my door and poked their head in.

“Morning sweetheart did you have a good sleep? Breakfast is ready so come down quickly before your brother eats it all up!” the women grinned at me sweetly.

 “Zao an mama!” I answered back and gave her a peak on the cheek.

By the time i came downstairs for breakfast Ge Ge just finished his and was about to pick up my breakfast.

“Zao an Ge Ge and that’s mine!” I giggled and took the plate from him.

Gui Gui’s brother chuckled as he greeted his younger sister. “Morning little ghost,”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay I’m off to work. Have a lovely day Mrs Wu and little ghost” Vanness shouted from the front door.

“Bye Vanness ge ge!” I replied whilst slowly walking towards the front door to send him off.

“Vanness! Don’t forget we’re having dinner with your father’s boss tonight. So remember to pick your little sis after work before you meet us back home.” Mrs Wu yelled from the garden.

 “Understood,” Vanness exclaimed and gave his little sis a peak on the cheek.

 Once Vanness ge ge left I took a look at my watch and started to get myself ready for work. Since it was Saturday and I don’t have any classes to attend, I have asked my boss to work on Saturday as well.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sir that will be 8.50 please” I politely told the customer.

 The guy quickly handed the money and made his way to the exit. Just when he was near the door I tapped on his shoulders to notify him about his forgotten shopping bag. “Sir you forgot your shopping bag!”

 Before the customer took his belonging he stared at me for several seconds and knowing me my cheeks were showing tint of pinkness I quickly faced my head down.

 “Thanks,” he smiled at me.

I answered him with my head still facing towards his shoes.

 “Your very welcome sir”

 [Aaron POV]

After I have purchased the book that I’ve been looking for, I headed towards the exit. Just when I got closer to exit I felt light touch on my shoulder.

“Sir you forgot your shopping bag!” the employee pointed out.

“She seems very familiar, where have I seen her before?” I asked myself. All of a sudden she quickly avoids my contact and faced the ground.  Her cheeks were beginning to turn pink, this was when I realised I have been staring at her for quite a while now. “Shoot! This is embarrassing.” I thought.

“Urg…Thanks” I responded and took the bag made my way out. The electronic device inside my pocket appears to be vibrating as I got to my car. I caught sight of the ID caller and answered it.

“Jiro” I called and went into my car.

“Hey man where you are? Meet us at XXXX Bar,” exclaimed Jiro.

“Sorry bro I can’t today,” I sighed.

“Come on we’re all going…” I could hear through the other line Jiro was taking a deep breath before he continued. “We heard what happen between you and Qiao Qiao already so there’s no need for you to be depressed all by yourself,” Jiro stated.

I could hear that he was very concerned about me, it wasn’t just him I knew all my other brothers were worried, I mean it’s not the first time they help me get over with my break ups. 

 “Jiro” I took a deep breathe. “I don’t care about Qiao Qiao or any other girls anymore. I'm sick and tired of girls playing innocent at first to gain your trust when they just either want me for money or popularity. Its as if I was an object where they can toss me around. Also my mum reminded me this morning one of dad’s new trustworthy employee is coming for dinner,” I sulked. I was hoping he’ll understand.

“I guess it can’t be help but you should know your brothers and I will always support and comfort you also I know there is definitely a girl out there who will love you sincerely for who you are,” Jiro reassured me and bid goodbye.

My mind went over what Jiro had told me and chuckled “I wonder when this girl is going show up”