Awry Blind Date

The Demon Lord's Bride

 

tumblr_mp6zppNdAf1sxruhpo1_500.jpg

Guest starring: TOP

     We entered through the door to the diner, It was our first time to the one near the highway. It was large and lofty, with window seats decorated along the walls of the diner. The chairs were cushioned with caramel leather, and the table seemed to be made of fresh pine wood. This place was more elegant then the average diner we visited. The smell of freshly bakes fries and sizzling bacon immediately filled the air with a temptingly delicious aroma. And my stomach quickly greeted the tantalizing smell with a blissful cry. I quickly scanned the diner for a empty table suited for three. But quickly felt my heart sink, when I saw that there was no empty table.

"It's crowded" I turned to Tiffany.

"No worries, we already have a table. Come along" She waved as she pushed pass a mob of exiting teenagers and into the deeper end of the diner. Though skeptical I followed none the less. I glanced onto the tables that were filled with all kinds of lovely food. My mouth watered as I stared at the golden fries that sat next to the hash browns, which sat next to the tan sausage, whom sat timidly next to the ombre bacon. Which was leaning all seductive against the white plate. And did I describe the biscuits-

"Kendall"

I quickly halted to a stop, when I heard Tiffany's voice.

"This is our table"

I glanced at the table, There a guy stood from the other side. He stood slowly, a small smile; Or grin appearing on his thin lips. His eyes were sharp, almost hypnotic against his dark lashes. His hair was bleached into a light chestnut. While he wore a black shirt atop his ripped denim. He towered over me and looked about the same height as Taecyeon if not slightly shorter.

"Top " He greeted, reaching a broad hand out. I quickly bowed as I took his hand, He seemed to be a lot older then me and Tiffany. Maybe even older the Taecyeon who was about 3 years our senior.

"Kendall" I quickly nodded, while taking his hands.

"Ah, So Tiffany wasn't lying. You are very cute" he chuckled softly.

I turned to Tiffany slowly, so it wasn't a coincident that this handsome guest just suddenly showed up in the same diner as us. I lifted my brows. Commanding a explanation. To which Tiffany was already grinning from ear to ear happily.

"Kendall. This is TOP. And he's one of your candidates as a Date to the Dance" Tiffany explained.

I turned to the new stranger, "Wait" I quickly took my hand from his.

Hold on.....hold on.

A Blind Date?!

"What's the matter?" I heard Tiffany asked.

"I never said-"

"You said it'd be awkward if you'd go alone so I found you Top, He's been a good friend of mine for a long time. Trust me in this-"

"It's not that, Tiffany" I snapped. She immediately silence, though that was the effect I wanted. Her expression almost made me feel a pang of guilt. Almost. She looked surprised, if not confused with the slight frown on her face. And I would've apologized if I wasn't so mad at the moment. It was humiliating. And if wasn't just this moment that I felt extreme embarrassment. I took in a breathe as I continued. "You don't know what I want, So please stop acting like you do"

Her eye widened slowly as she stared at me.

"I just wanted you to be happy" she started, "I want you to have fun-"

"No. Your literally forcing what you think would make me happy down my throat" I cried, "Charging into my house and making wear 'this', then telling me I have to go to a stupid dance, pairing me up with a total stranger to attend something I don't even care for in the first place. That doesn't make me happy at all-"

And I almost wanted to lay everything on her. Blame her for everything that happened that day. It's always so much easier to point at others.

She blinked slowly shaking her head in disbelief, "You act like a Emo girl day in and day out inside your house. And I'm here attempting to pull you out of your cocoon. And your lashing out at me?"

"No, Thank You. Okay? You wasted your effort. Maybe this caterpillar don't care to socialize for the sake of socializing. I don't know how to be two faced. I don't know how to sit and listen to people about others, then complain to my friend about how the person ing is a . I'm not you, Tiffany" And before I knew what came out of my mouth, I stood in shock at the things I said. I turned and headed out the door.

Great. Now I sounded like a .

Way to go. Just throw away the only friend you have in this world. So smart.

I felt my teeth holding on to my lower lips in place,as I swung open the glass door and (attempted) to make my way home. 

"Hey"

I stopped mid step when I heard his voice. I turned. It was Taecyeon. I sighed. Great now he's going to help his girlfriend me out.

I anticipated his next words,

"How are you going to go home. Your house is 2 highway and 20 streets away" He sighed.

"Walking? If not I can always Run. I did track in high school for your information"

"Look. Now is not the time to be sarcastic" I heard him mutter," Come back inside"

I almost would've, if I wasn't so headstrong and stubborn. No way am I going to slump back inside looking like a sore looser. Then I will sit awkwardly while Top, Taeyceon and Tiffany talk. I mean all three of them were closer with each other. Then I was with any of the boys. And I literally blown whatever good karma I had with the proclamation I just so gallantly performed. So, in conclusion. No. I Shan’t . And nobody can make me.

"Leave me alone" I heard my self say.

" You know you should really drop the 'I'm a Loner, and I don't give a about anything in life vibe'. It's unattractive. And it's really annoying" He growled.

"Oh. I'm sorry you feel that way. Or did you get amnesia and forgot, I don't really care what you think?"

Really? This fool.

"Your taking everything you have for granted"

I raised my eyes at him then, what was he saying?

It made no sense at all. I have nothing. When you have nothing, you can't loose anything. Pure Logic. Common sense even.

"Why are you even talking to me. Go back inside and see if your girlfriends okay." I hissed.

"My girlfriend has friends and loved ones that would care for her and console her when she's sad. You have nobody" He said calmly, "Well, You did. But even that last one you learned to get rid off. Your just a great Repellant"

Well, if that wasn't obvious enough.

"Why are wasting your time, talking so much ?" I shook my head in confusion. His words made me sore. Yes. Made me guilty. Yes. Made me extremely self conscious. Yes. Now if he'd leave. Than it would be the perfect ending. I will feel as despicable and as shameful as one can in the end of a intense chapter. But he didn't. He stayed put. And for some odd reason. That made me feel worst.

"Because as much as my brain is telling me how much I want you to just rot. My human side is telling me. I can't" He sighed, " Can't do just that" He glanced inside the Diner. "And Tiffany probably wants me to make sure your okay"

So. In the end. It was because Tiffany wanted him to look after me.

Probably?

I motioned towards myself, "Not rotting. So no need to worry. Bye" I waved.

"There was a saying. When a woman asks a man to leave. It can't exceed 3 times. Because at the end of the third time, The man won't come back" He said.

"Bye. bye. Bye. bye. Bye" I chanted as I counted all my byes in front of him. I made sure it passed three too.

He stared at me, his expression like always readable. Like he was stifling a frown. An irritated frown. Before I can further analyze his expression, I felt my arms suddenly grabbed by his hands.

"What happened to the man won't come back" I growled while narrowing my eyes up at him.

"The Man hadn't left in the second place. So there's no need to return" He shot back before he swung the door open and dragged me in.

I almost would like to say I was kicking and screaming as I made myself in, But differ to contrary believe I was just dragged in silently. He plopped me onto the seat next to Top, and settled himself in front of me. I glanced slowly over at Tiffany, and like expected. She averted her gaze. Taecyeon sighed as he placed the napkin onto his lap. "Kendall, her. Would like to say something" He offered and gestured both his hand towards me with a nod.

Um. No I Don't.

"I was dragged back against my will" I voiced. I nodded to end my speech. I sat back, and watched in glee. Taecyeon resting his head onto the palms of his hand in agony. My attention quickly averted back to the waitress when she came over to the table with plates of food. Placing a plate of garden greens in front of Tiffany, along with a lemonade. The waitress then settled Taecyeon's plate on top. I sat up to take a peek over at his on tray. His dish included Spaghetti Carbonara with bacon and egg. The aroma of the spaghetti with the Parmesan cheese withed over and made my stomach protest in pain. I gulped down painfully as my gaze poured into his hot cup of Black tea. Her next plate was Top's, Which was a burger with mozzarella and mushrooms along with pan fried onions. His side dish included fried onion rings. My eyes shined brightly as his ice coffee settled in front of him.

"That seems a very fulfilling...breakfast" I nodded as my gaze landed back on his entry of Onion rings.

"Brunch. Want some?" Top offered. And I felt a strange empathy of friendship forming. I smiled widely as I took the onion ring. I turned to the meals in front of me. I pursed my lips. Everyone was eating. Except Kendall. Which was probably the biggest punishment ever. Breakfast was my Life. Food was. But the former sentence sounded much more intense.

"You know I'd offer half my food, but..."

But I'm such a spiteful brat, I helped him finish.

"Your plate is coming" He finished, I looked up then. And the waitress settled a plate of fired baby shrimps and craw fish along with golden fries down. On a tiny cup in the far corner was the tartar sauce that made any fried seafood heavenly. She settled a corn cream soup beside my plate and a glass of slushie in front of me. I eyed Top, with a raised eyebrow before he replied with a smile.

"Watermelon slushie. Tiffany got it for you. No added sugar..." Top whispered. I glanced up at Tiffany. It was probably the most selfless thing anyone had ever did for me. Feeding me when they were infuriated with me. And it was all of my favorites.

"You should have seen her earlier. Complaining about you and ordering for you at the same time. I can see where that two faced thing come in. She doesn't stick with the grudge, she just can't help but look after you no matter what" Top sighed, as he plopped a onion ring into his mouth.

"Tiffany Unnie..." I started slowly.

"This doesn't mean I'm okay, nor does it mean. I forgive you. I'm still Mad. Kendall" Tiffany lectured.

I shook my head timidly, as I dipped my shrimp into the tartar and plopped it into my mouth. Trying on my best apologetic expression. But Yum. The shrimps were delicious.

"I know...So Where are we going later?" I asked, as I sipped my slushie.

"I'm thinking of the theme park, We watched all the latest movie the other week" Tiffany answered.

"Did you bring loose change for the Arcade?" I asked remembering how the last time I went I was two coins, therefore 4 tickets short to the oil lamp I was able to trade in for.

"I've brought my debit-" Tiffany quickly held up her Louis Vuitton printed wallet.

"Good. We'll need to go there before 3, or else the cotton candy starts deflating in their plastics" I quickly instructed.

"Cotton Candies deflate?" Top asked, his expression lost.

"Yes. It get's less fluffy" I explained with a mouth full of fries and shrimp.

"Oh." Top spoke as he turned to Taecyeon slowly.

"So you girl's are okay then?" Taecyeon asked, albeit carefully.

"Well, We were never really not okay" Tiffany shrugged slowly.

"I always call her a drama princess, and she always calls me a lonerish Imp. That's thirty percent of how we communicate, she does things against my will. I. E making her a merciless tyrant. And I rebel, while disagreeing with everything she says. Then after about 3 hours we start texting again " I sipped onto the sweet corn soup while also explaining.

"I think even during the biggest fight. We can't stay silent with each other for more then a day"

"Wow" I heard Taecyeon spoke.

I glanced up at him. Maybe I did appreciate his efforts to mend what he thought was broken.

Then again.

Maybe I don't.

I turned to Top then remembering what I needed to do before the brunch was over. "Oh yes. And...Mr. Top! I think your beautiful and all. Thank you. But no thank you. I don't need you as my date for the dance"

He stared at me for a long while before a smile slowly spread his face.

" I've never been so gratefully rejected before. I don't know what to say" he thought for a moment. "Why not?"

"I don't need a date. I don't want to get into that kind of relationship with...a guy I barely know?"

"Mm. I see. I respect that. But maybe your seeing this too seriously. A date is just that. A casual collaboration"

"That's exactly why I don't need that kind of....relationship. I don't want to date. If I fall, I'd like to fall completely. I'm not incapable of loving someone, I am. It's just, I don't want to spread myself thin. I don't want to be with someone for the sake of having just another person next to me. I want to be with someone, where it's completely out of my control . Simply because at that point my heart wouldn't be mines anymore"

And as corny as that sounds.

I don't want anything less.

 

tumblr_mcx9zc5P3N1qbbzgjo6_500.gif