The Incubus

The Demon Lord's Bride

 

I opened my eyes once more, only to find myself still in his car. I rubbed my temples steadily as I peered out the glass window. The sky was a deep scarlet red, signaling the end of a new day.  I quickly jolted up aware of what had just happened around me.  I turned to the driver seat, and saw Taecyeon. He seemed to have been deep in thought, the knuckles on his index finger resting on his lips. His thin lips slightly pursed as his thick brows furrowed in a frown. He looked slightly paler then his original form. As if he was subduing some sort of pain.

"Yo"

He glanced over at me, as if my words had not awaken him from his deep thought. As if his deep thought has been transferred over to reality. I quickly glanced away, his gaze making me uncomfortable.

"Your car's back to normal again" I managed to croak.

"Yeah...I just got it fixed" he answered simply.

"Did I faint for a long time?" I asked.

Odd. How I slept through a Car repair. He must've hired ninjas.

"A few hours" He replied. Once again shortly.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my cell phone. To my horror the screen refused to blink bright after I turned the phone out. Great. Out of battery. Two days missing. Forty Two hours gone. My mom is going to call the cops.

...then she'll beat me senseless for being so irresponsible.

Then she'll call the cops again, and tell them I was considerate for once in my life. Having killed myself, and burrying my dead corpse in the ditch I dug myself.

I sighed.

I'm dead meat for sure.

"Do you have a charger?" I asked, holding up my samsung to the man's nose.

"Mines, is a iphone charger"

"Oh. Taking me home would be nice" I said, as I put my phone back into my bag. Why hadn't he driven me home in the first place?

 "I don't think that's safe"

I turned to him, disbelief sure as hell was written in my face. I was annoyed. How is this person going to tell me, my home is not safe. When I am in the middle of nowhere with him. Just because I survived from the events of earlier. I slapped my cheeks three times. Perhaps it had all been just a dream, and I was awake. Really, awake now. In the end there was no way I'm putting a hundred percent of my trust into the man that sits beside me.

"And Why wouldn't my home be safe would you care to explain?" I  asked.

" You-" He turned to me, as if he was ready to let a sea of words explode from his lips. But he took in a deep breath and turned away. As always acting as if he was too cool for words. His lips had visibly become paler with the passing second. I quickly grabbed a hold of the handle beside me. If he wasn't going to take me home, I wasn't going to beg.  Surely, the path down will lead me back into the city one way or another.

Now, that I think of it....Where in the world am I...

He reached over and slammed my door close after I had managed to open it a fair inch.

"Why can't you try listening to me?! For once stop being such a willful, ignorant, inconsiderate brat" he hissed.

Oh, no. He did not just-

"Look whose talking?!" I cried.  The battle was on. "Who is the one whose stuttering and giving dispassionate answers like they've got a cat stuck up their ?!  You must be so considerate to leave me stranded with you in some deserted" I looked around " parking lot in the middle of no where, aren't you the prince?" I asked sarcastically. 

"You don't even know how much trouble you are in right now"

I looked at him.  Like obviously. The situation does not look like he's making it any better.

"You've got a Demon after you"

I stared at him. This Nutcase...

"I don't even know what you are saying-"

"Have you met any strangers lately?" he asked solemnly.

"No-" I blinked, as his face flashed into my head.

Jaejoongs....

His mysteriously dark eyes behind his framed glasses seemed to have left a unforgettable print inside my mind. I frowned.

"You've met a demon... And he's after your soul"

I gawked at him, as I saw the color in his eyes lighten to  near hazel. I stared intently at the changed eye color.

An illusion?

"Taecyeon. Why do you think I can easily accept your words?" I asked. I almost believed him. Before I forgot that in real life. Demon's don't existed no matter how pretty somebody looked. "And what is he going to do with my soul? What do you- "

"Kendall. Just trust me " he took in a deep breathe.

"Not when you have no evidence" I cried. He was slowly losing color. As if life was saturating him.

"Taeyceon....are you-"

"Was what you saw before back there not enough? Do you want to believe it after your dead?  Your corpse lying empty inside the earth's soul. Your soul trapped in complete darkness. Bearing all the tragedies , regrets and sorrows you ever hold. And have it replay and badger you relentlessly for eternity?" he cried.

"You act like you've been there" I laughed softly.

"Kendall. I'm one of them"

My head swam in confusion as I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes again, and he looked as if he was sliding off from his seat. Which does not seem like much for his long legs seemed to have anchored his torso. I reached over to help him up.

"Don't touch me!" he growled.

 I flinched freezing in mid- action as I stared at him my eyes widening.

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

"Leave. Leave now" he whispered, his head was dipped.

"Taeyceon. You need to ing tell me what's wrong"  I cried, I grabbed a hold of his arms.  Before I knew what was happening, the seat underneath me was unlocked and the whole seat fell back.  A gasp was caught in my throat as I stared up at him. His body now towering over me, as his legs kneeled beside mines. He had me caged under him in less than a fleeting minute. Both his arms were rested onto the arm rest, with one of my hand still hanging onto it like a awkward keychain.

"I'm a Incubus, Kendall" He whispered.

"A.....Inucu....What?" I asked, completely dumbfounded. Even in such a awkward position I can still manage to ask stupid questions.

"Incubus are lustful fiends that feeds off mostly from ual energy " he answered, I stared in a daze at the subtle movement from his Adam's apple. I swallowed softly.

In all honesty all I heard was .

"You were normal before-" I exclaimed.

"That fight earlier. I think I exerted too much , I tried to calm it. But my blood is pulsating aggressively. ..it's making me lightheaded" He lowered his head, and I quickly turned my head in reflex. The tip of his nose touched the side of my neck. I bit my lips.

"Have you always smelled so good?" he asked, his lips brushing the dip of my collarbone.

"Taec..." I gasped.

I felt as if I was trapped inside my body then not able to react, as I saw my own hands reached up to his face.  I saw myself pull him close. I saw myself kissed him, and it was anything but platonic. I blushed deeply, as I heard myself moan from his kisses. The way his tongue wrestled mines, as my will tried to reign my conscious back. My conscious that became numb thus far. It was as if someone else had control over my body as I watched speechlessly.

I blinked. Shaking my head and breaking the trance that I was captured in a few moments ago. I quickly held my arms up, and tried to shove him off me. 

"Taecyeon Ok. Wake Up" I hollered, as I tried to get up from my position. I leaned up from one elbow, before I felt him collapse on top of me. 

What just happened?

I gently opened the door beside me and tried my best to slide out under Taecyeon's weight. After I managed to make a clean escape from underneath his body. I felt myself enveloped by the nights cool wind. There in the far corner was a twenty-four hour deli,  I definitely needed a cool drink of water. My mind needs to be flooded with H2O. I glanced back at the body that lay so restfully in the passenger's seat.

He was my best friend's.

A pang of guilt attacked my chaotic chest as I kneeled down and rest myself against the bumper of the car.

After a few moment, I took in a deep breath and stood. 

I turned quickly before, I can conjure up any more haunting thoughts. I dashed quickly into the convenience store. The store seemed to have been almost completely empty, if not for the fleshy cashier that smoked a brown cigar between his lips as he red his newspaper. I made a note to ignore the candy and chips as I  quickly hurried to the refrigerator that held all the refreshments. I opened it and grabbed for two ice cold water.

 Just as I closed the refrigerator, I gasped when I saw a figure in a black hoodie appear before me.

"Kendall..."