Drunken Lessons

The Demon Lord's Bride

"Courting Human woman nowadays are difficult" Jaejoong remarked.

 

The man next to him acknowledged him vaguely with a tilt of his head, his eyes glazed as he frowned deeply trying to comprehend the sentence that was just spoken to him .. He lifted the corona in his hand by its long neck and he dunk the alchohol into his mouth. He grunted casually as he continued his daze filled consumption. Jaejoong rested his  hand on his chin. "At this rate, human reproduction will decrease. And extinction would be near"

 

"Look, Son. I just asked you to buy me some alcohol and you have been complaining and whining the whole night. You need to cut me some slack. All I want to do is get drunk, and get en knocked out.  Chill. Aight?" the man said. He pointed to Jaejoong, his finger missing the mark of its intended target by five inches.

 

"I'm keeping you company" Jaejoong remarked. 

 

 

"I don't need company of man. What can I do with you?!" the man complained as he threw his arms up.

 

"For starters. You can listen, while I talk" Jaejoong said as he intertwine his hands.

 

"You talk gibberish. Your language is not human. I don't understand what you are trying to say.  Sober or drunk" the man replied.

 

"What's wrong with the  way I talk. I'm speaking the same language as you human" Jaejoong replied.

 

"You sound haughty , like you some mighty god" the alcoholic raised a pinky.

 

" Is that so. It must have emitted naturally" Jaejoong  inquired.

 

"Emitted?!  your words are fake like you are " the alcoholic accused.

 

"Fake ?" Jaejoong asked. "What's that?"

 

"When you have many faces and you show the face that you think people want to see" the man slurred.

 

"Well, of course. Do you prefer, I act on my real intentions. Such as dunking your face into the sea repeatedly so that you'd at least be aware of how nebulous your life is?" Jaejoong asked calmly.

 

The man turned to Jaejoong blankly with his tomato red face.  "Wah?"

 

"So by your definitions Fake is wearing masks. I would've thought by the way you spitting it out like venom. That the term was used to wound.  Almost like, you were accusing me of being pretentious"

 

"I'm drunk. And you talk too much. Well there, all mighty thing. If you are so important why are you wasting your time with someone like me?" the drunkard asked.

 

"Time. I think I stopped keeping t rack of that when I was old enough. If time equals accumulation of experience and knowledge. I trying my best to use as much time as possible" Jaejoong said .

 

The man listened as he grunted once more.

 

"What you said about woman earlier. There's a cheat sheet around it. I'm drunk. I speak the truth" the man claimed.

 

"You speak your truth"  Jaejoong  corrected in his mellow tone.

 

"Woman finds you the hardest to resist when you give them the most heart breaking experience. And this is how it is done. The beginning phases. You accompany them. Anywhere and everywhere. You listen to them. You talk to them. All you have to do is act like you understand and care. act like every emotional turmoil they are going through is affecting you as well. Then little by little, you become like a drug to them. Because nobody in this world likes the feeling of being alone. The company of another person is like heroin. It's so good, and delusional that you want it again and again. When you see that you've made them their happiest. then BAM" the drunkard slam his hand together. " You leave. You act cold. You become indifferent. You make them feel that there are other things more important in this world then them. You need to leave this stench in their hearts. A stench so deep, strong and intense that everytime they hear a love song playing. They'd think of you"

 

"Is that necessary" Jaejoong asked.

 

"But of course woman play the part of a hard to get character. Then obviously, the man participating in the drama would have to play the part of the chasing very hard character" the man nodded.

 

"When does the drama end?" Jaejoong asked.

 

"You see drama try to make love look eternal by killing off the characters. In real life. It's much more easier. You move on. You found someone else that catches your eyes"

 

"Love? I thought we were talking about dramas" Jaejoong said.

 

"Drama depicts Love" the drunkard spat." Horror, Tragedy and Comedy.IF you ask me that describes love to the bone"

 

"What I meant to say is, Is using the  phrase love necessary" Jaejoong responded slowly. The man glanced over at the beautiful lad.

 

"Wait you mean to tell me you are not in love with this woman you were complaining about?" the man asked, just as slowly.

 

"Before I give a yes and no answer. I would like you to define this word Love. That I hear of so often"  Jaejoong frown.

 

"Huh. You got me there" the drunkard wondered.

 

"Say, is it love...if you put the other person in danger? If you are the direct reason this person is to encounter any and all types of harm that is to be inflicted upon her. Just recently I've met a girl who makes my heart beat" Jaejoong said, he tilts his head to the side his expression soft. He glanced up from the ground and continued, "She ignored me, and someone gave me the idea of hurting her. I didn't reject it"

 

"Sounds to me like you are  some kind of narcissist"  the man nodded.

 

"It's better that I feel nothing.  For me and for the girl herself"

 

"Does the girl have feelings for you ?" the man asked.

 

"I don't know. She avoids me  yet I feel different emotions from her. Bipolar? Is this what you humans call it?" Jaejoong asked.

 

" No, no. It just called being a woman.  I think they call it the push and pull game. Best way to know is ask" the man said.

 

Jaejoong smiled.

 

"What is it?" the man asked.

 

"You know I've always prided myself to be the smartest man alive, yet the thought of simply asking never crossing my mind"

 

"Then what are you waiting for? Find her and ask" the man ordered.

 

The man turned to jaejoong, and found nobody. He squinted his eyes to make sure of his surroundings.  All he saw was the empty space to his surroundings. There was nobody there.

 

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

Bring me to the place where she is....I closed my eyes and I ordered the molecules in the air. In an instant my body has warped itself into thin air, and I felt my surrounded by a strong gust of wind. Traveling as a demon was simple.  All elements of earth obeys  a powerful demons command. The earth withers at its  desire. The water roars at its command. And the fire blaze with its wishes. But it is the wind that I feel my deepest infinity with. For it has a will of its own. I  graciously listens to your hearts desires and moves as a willing servant.

 

I opened my eyes again. I looked around the dark parking lot . There was only one  car outside the convenient store that sat like the only star on the lot.

 

Just as I made my way towards the store. I felt the amulet in my ring burn.

 

I flinched.

 

Kenny was near as well.

 

I glanced up at the convenient store. He was with Kendall.  

 

I paused as thoughts paraded inside my head. If Kenny has shown himself to Kendall. Than he must have told her. Told her about him . Their deal. How he was the predator behind his brothers disappearance. slowly, I felt myself took a step back. My eyes unwilling to tear itself away from the store. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a figure run out the store. I watched in silent as the figure disappeared into the forest in the back . It was Kenny.

 

Yet . There was something strange about his aura.

 

He didn't have my necklace.

 

It was somewhere else. Somewhere inside the store. I  frowned. Why would he leave the amulet?   It was critically his safety charm...

 

Then I felt it.

 

I looked up.

 

There with the convenient store as the back light to her frame she exits the store. Her hands clasped over a amulet with pigment so bright that even in the dark night, anyone could see the bright red color it contained. She seemed deep in thought as she made her way out. I stood as she continued her way out.  I stared at the girl I haven't see for such a time.  

 

"Kendall"

 

She looked  up, her eyes meeting mines. When she realized who I was her eyes widened .

 

"It's you. Why are you here...." She asked softly.

 

I tried to decipher what she mean from her expression. Whether she had wanted to see me. Or that she was frightened of my presence. I sensed nothing.

 

"Same could be asked for you. I was taking a walk. And I ended up here" I said.

 

She nodded, before she turned to go "Okay. Good bye"

 

I reached out and grabbed her arms before she can walk further. I swallowed softly. I didn't know why I did what I did. But just as much . I didn't want to let go. She frowned as she  glanced up from my grip.

 

"We are not enemies"  I hissed as I stared down at her.

 

"Of course we are not. We are nothing to each other" She nodded.

 

I felt my jaw clenched as the words left from her lips. "Tell me why" I said. "Why must you treat me coldly.  Make me understand"

 

"There is no reason. I don't like you that's why" She spat as she turned away, her face solemn.

 

"You don't like me?" I growled, as I pulled her against me. "You're lying"

 

"I'm not " she cried, her face was still turned away. "let go" I heard her sobbed. The tears in her eyes shocked me. And for a moment, the shock made me loosen my grip. With a final swing, she tucked her arms from my gasp.  I opened my lips as I tried to comprehend the situation.  I took a step towards her.

 

"Did I hurt you?..." I asked softly.

 

Why was she crying?

 

Did I go too far?

 

"No, just leave. Just go. I don't want to ever see you again. Go!" She cried, she took a step away from me.

 

I stood my ground .

 

"Kendall. Tell me what's wrong" I said.

 

"Nothing is wrong... I can handle it. Just go-" She cried. I took a step closer. She looked almost frantic, as she screamed.

 

"Stop it!"

 

I stopped in my tracks as she shook her  head.

 

"Stop appearing in front of me. Do you know how hard it is? every time  I see you.  I keep thinking about you.  I don't want that. I don't want to trust you. Stop being there for me. I don't ever want to be disappointed  like I was back then. I don't want you to come so close, that when you leave I feel like nothing. It took me years to build up this wall. This wall that has 'always' protected me-"

 

Before she can continue, I felt myself tossed onto her. Enveloping her into my chest. I held her firmly as I  rested my chin on her head. I didn't know what to say.

 

Because I know for sure anything I promised her at the moment would just be a beautiful lie.