Never Ending GoodByes

The Demon Lord's Bride

I almost forgot" I heard him jog towards me. He took out his phone. " I need your number to contact you"

" I'll give you my email" I said, taking his phone.

"I wouldn't text or call. Unless it's a emergency" He promised softly.

.U-FR57401(1).jpg

Jaejoong's POV

She silently typed into my phone and tossed it toward me when she was done. "Good bye"

"Wait" I recalled. She turned to me, her brows like always full of quizzical expressions.

"What is it?" She asked. I stepped back then.

"You look different today. Was there a special occasion?" I asked. Just a day ago, She had worn a dark hoodie. I remembered it well, for it fitted her like a cloak. A cloak with too long sleeves. She had worn dark jeans that blended into the night. I remember my first glimpse of her. She was like a shadow in the night. There yet. Not quite fathomable.

Then today, she reappears. And if it wasn't for my senses, I wouldn't have recognized her. She wore a white halter that revealed the subtle glow of her olive skin. And a black skirt that revealed her slender limbs. Today. She looked like a lady. It was the first time I've seen a human woman exude such a elegant aura. Perhaps it was the fact that I've never paid attention. I wasn't aware of her features until just then.

"Oh. My friend set me up for a blind date" She said.

"Blind Date? What is that?" I asked. For I've always deemed dates as a certain day of the year. Never was I aware of the fact that these days can see. Much less. Be blinded. She stared at me . Her breath taking smile once again escaping through the shape of her lips. It was surprising. I had never been as taken as I have every time.

"You don't know what a blind date is?!" She cried, shaking her head.

"Well, I've never been on a blind date" I inserted. I shall buy a human dictionary. Very soon.

"It's when a man and a woman who doesn't know each other is set up together by a third party" She explained.

"Oh. I see" So there was a arrangement with another man. I frowned slightly. For what reason I was not sure. "Was it successful?"

She blinked slowly, "No"

"Why-"

"Wait" She said, she took in a deep breathe. "It's my personal business. I don't want to continue onto the topic" her sentence took me aback. It was true. It was not my business to be involved in. 

"Your right" I said finally. "But I'm just helping Kenny look after his sister while he's away. Don't misinterpret it"

She studied me carefully before she looked away. She pointed to her direction home. "Then this is the final goodbye?"

"For today" I nodded.

She nodded, and turned to leave. This time I stood in my place, as I watched her. The sun that had just illuminated her face. Her physical attributed were engraved into my mind. I reviewed what I had just seen. Her eyes were a bright brown, with large dark lashes framing the almond shape. Her nose was delicate yet slightly flared. Then there was her lips, that sat like a wide heart under the tip of her nose. Her cupid bow tapering in deep , and forming a sweet line of loveliness.

Then there was her wild hair, that looked so tame and smooth today. I closed my eyes. And I was able to remember every detail she possessed.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number that was just previously inserted.

"Hello?" She spoke.

I watched as she turned from the distance.

"What?" I saw a slight frown of disapproval in her small face in the distance.

"I wanted to see if you gave me your real number" I spoke. A lie. One I didn't  take long to come up with. 

"And so you see" she responded. I let out a small laugh.

"Yea..."  I lowered my gaze, searching my head for something to say. Anything to keep her on the line.

"Okay, then. Bye" She said.

"Wait" I stayed on the phone. Resting my face on the speaker. I sighed. Why was I so restless? It was so unlike me to not be composed. Afterall it was a facade I've worn like my own for centuries. 

"You said you'll only call me during emergencies" I heard her complain.

"Nandaiyo...It is a emergency.." I let my Japanese slipped. Has it been 3 decaded since I spoke Japanese?

"What?" I heard her ask.

"I want you" I spoke as I stared over at her. I grinned at the shock filled expression on her face. "Mwuh...I want you to make more soup for me" I glanced down at my feet, to conceal my growing grin. Her expression was priceless. 

"Aish!" I heard her cried, She ran her hand through her sleek hair. "Why...What...I'm not your maid"

"Aigo, Don't be so selfish" I cried. 

"What's in it for me?" she bargained. Her question made me think long and hard.

"Karma points for being nice?" I tried. I lifted my head again as I studied her expression. She seemed to have been considering my option. 

There was a long silence before she finally answered "..I'll see if we have more soup at home. If we don't then. That's that"

"Okay" I nodded. "Should I you home?"

"No. Why should you?" she was quick to answer.

" Because I want to" I said. I waited for her next response. "How do I know your not going to go home and pretend you looked, say there is none. When you never even checked"

"Why would I lie to you?" She quipped.

"Because there's no reason for you to tell me the truth" There was really none.

"Trust don't come to you easily. Does it?"

It never had. 

but it was a question I've never asked myself. 

"Are you trying to seek ways out to stay on the phone with me longer?" I asked.

"Fine. Come. Whatever" She finally sighed.

"Aii. Kendall shhi" I cooed. She hesitated a short pause before she answered me.

"What do you want?!" She growled.

"Don't whatever me. It's very impolite" I called.

"It will take some time for me to adapt. Nothing else?" she asked.

"Oh Yesi. I would like you to address me formally. When you speak to me. I feel like I don't have a name"

"What do you want me to call you?" she asked slowly.

"What a lady addresses her older male friend"

Oppa. I silently included.

There was a long silence before I heard her take a deep breathe.

"Yes, Hyung" She spoke in a deep male like tone.

"That is not-"

"So are you going to me? Or are we going to talk till mid night just standing here?"

"I don't mind talking till mid night" I sighed happily.

"I'm going to hang up"

"Fine" I pouted softly before hanging up, and quickly jogged my way up to her. It was strange. I've never spend much time with humans. We were too different. And even with those I've had signed the contract with. There has never been anything but business talk. Never have I volunteered my time. Not for any humans, Not for any demons. But this girl. Was the first human I've ever wanted to talk too. Because of her beauty? I've seen others that are more beautiful in their physique, overflowing with feminine wiles. But with this human, she was so unfeminine. But that was her allure. Her aloofness that holds much mystery. Her barrier was so strong. It made you second guess it. I stood beside her.

" Why are you smiling like that" she asked, frowning deeply.

"Just thinking" I shrugged.

Human have always struck me as weaklings. They always wanted something. They always needed something. Yet. As much as I judged them. I had never understood them.

"Thinking?" She asked, as we began walking. "Of what?"

Human's always had questions.

"Wait" She looked away, "I don't want to know"

Maybe I chose to not understand them because I was not interested in their lives.

"Why not?" I asked, studying her profile.

But, strangely. I was interested in hers.

"Your always thinking of inappropriate thoughts" She murmured.

Inappropriate thoughts. I thought happily.

"You don't like that?" I asked. She blinked rapidly before she quickened her pace.

"What kind of question is that! Of course I don't" She said, her cheeks flushing.

"Aii, Kendall Shii" I called.

She continued walking,

"Kendall Shiii" I cried.

"What!" She finally answered.

"Nothing. I just like saying your name" I smiled widely.