Heart's Closest

The Demon Lord's Bride

"Oh" He nodded, as if he was struck by sudden realization. "Right....You couldn't have another reason for visiting?..." he asked softly.

Another reason....

bear-cute-japan-plush-rilakkuma-Favim.co

 

I shook my head slowly, letting out a soft laugh to alleviate the serious tone in the air.

"Not really?"

"Really?...Nothing else?" He asked. He took a step forward. And I felt my heart skip a beat. I glanced up at the men slowly. He studied my expression, before he slowly leaned forward. Suddenly he raised a soup container to me. My soup container. I pressed my lips together.

Ohyeah. I missed that.

I reached out, and slowly the container escaped from my grasp. He pressed it onto his chest.

What A Nice Full chest.

"Wait" He spoke suddenly. I quickly dropped my hands to my side, my gaze not leaving his chest. What can I say? I'm a pecks, kind of girl. Something about a lovely toned chest....

Oh My God.

Invasion of erted thought. I quickly swat it away.

But there was always something so warm and protective about a man's chest. It's the closest part to their heart. How it beated differently from any others. 

I wondered how his beated...

"Well, that's not very polite...." I heard him offered slowly.

"What's not polite" I instinctively looked up. Could he have found out about my lust filled thought's involving his Pecks?

"You were staring at my chest" He accused. He's getting there...

"I was staring at my container "I corrected him, I reluctantly teared my gaze away from the container and stared back at him.

He was my brother's colleague. And the only room mate my brother has ever had. Did that mean my brother trusted him. If my brother trusted him. Then it would immediately mean I can trust him as well. Doesn't it? I wondered silently as I studied the stranger.

"Mwuh... What is it?" his eyes widen in curiosity behind his thick framed glasses.

I smiled softly. His eyes widen more from my response. Which was odd. I didn't exactly say anything.

"Aish" He shook his head in frustration, as he took a deep breath before running his hands through his dark hair. A habit I've seen him perform when he was deep in thought. Or not. Just some information I made up.

"I didn't say anything" I cried.

"Well.... "He grew quiet giving room to a short pause before he turned back to me "I didn't either"

"You said Aish" I countered, Lifting a eyebrow up. It's not as much as me wanting to be right all the time. But you know when they is a verbal combat.

I aspire to win.

He sighed in exhaustion while shaking his head. Finally he stared down at me. " Your so complicated"

"Complicated?" I repeated after him.

"Yes. Very complicated"

"Why am I complicated?" I would like to know.

"You don't tell me what your thinking" He reasoned, "And...how could you just smile like that?"

"Smile like what?" I asked, I tried to picture my smile. Was it that hideous? That he had to Aish me? Holy Chipmunks. I was having a case of not-so-mild bewilderment and am horrified. He glanced at me a small smile forming on his lips as he shook his head once again.

"Nothing"

"Tell me" I commanded gruffly. I've never been a gentle little dove. And how did I smile?

"I like this" He started, gracefully shuffling his weight form one foot to another. Which was brilliant.

I can't even stand straight without tripping over myself. Which, the act itself, is in a class of it's own.

Do you think anyone can just trip over themselves? WHILE standing?!

That's right.

I. think. not.

"Like what?" I frowned deeply.

"You pestering me" He said, as he tried to flip the container between his fingers.

"Aish...pshht......pfhht.... I...I wasn't pestering you" I exclaimed, watching him fail in getting the container from one point of his hand to the other.

"Yes, you were" he cried nudging my arms. I turned, before I gave him a chance to catch a glimpse of my red face. Pestering. Was such a evil and harsh word.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes before I decided to walk off. I shielded my eyes when the warm rays of the late afternoon soon glowered from the horizon.

"Ai...where are you going?" I heard Jaejoong asked.

I continued my way, ignoring his question.

"Are you going to answer me?" He called.

"No" I scolded.

"Are you throwing a tantrum?"

      I almost jumped back when I heard his voice beside me. I halted to a stop. He paused the same second. I stared at him. Was he trying to get on my nerves. Normally when I looked at Taecyeon, his expressions where ones of disapproval. With Taecyeon, there's always unpredictability. As if, the very moment you thought you figure him out. A whole new persona comes out from some hidden corner and screams Boo at you. Normally. That kind of scary mojo would scare the living lights out of a person. I had barely flinched. But with Jaejoong. Jaejoong seems genuinely lost.

Okay. Pause on that thought.

He seemed lost half of the time.

The other half he was like a playful child, trapped into the body of a god.

"I am not throwing a tantrum" I said calmly.

"You whatevered me" Jaejoong accused, as he lifted his chin at me. I lifted mines at well. Though as much as I craned my neck, I was still just staring up at him

"That is no evidence to prove, that I was throwing a tantrum" I reasoned.

"I know. I was just complaining" Jaejoong answered, his chin still lifted. "Aish!" He cried louder this time. My eyes widen as I stepped back.

Are you okay? I forgot to ask out loud.

"You are so frustrating" he confirmed with a shake of his head.

My head started to bleat in pain. Basically with every question I asked, he had responded with more ambiguous answers.

"I'm sorry. You have my condolences" I nodded finally, I was just out of things to say at his sudden creatives bursts of words. We stood in silence for a long while, It was a comfortable silence. Before a soft laugh escaped my lips. I quickly covered it in time. Glancing up at him cautiously to see if he has seen my laugh. If he thought my smile was that horrendous. Then a laugh would probably be much more power. Powerfully disturbing.

"Why are you covering ?"

"Muhppdfhhht hurhumph" I muffled through my hand.

"What?....I can't hear you" he said, as he leaned forward.

"Muhhpppddhurhhumph" I muffled again. He sighed, and grabbed my hand. Not using much effort my hand was pried off my lips.

" Now. You may please proceed" he offered.

I pressed my lips tight.

"Are you going to answer my question?" he part commanded.

I shook my head.

"I can make you...would you like to test me?"

"No" I quickly surrendered.

"Then. Why?"

"You said my smile was ugly" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oi! What in the world. When did I ever say that? Your putting words in my mouth!" He proclaimed.

"The why did you say Nothing?"

He grew silent. I glanced down at my hand, for whatever reason, it was in Jaejoongs. I quickly pulled it back to my own upper bodies possession.

"Your smile is not ugly" Was what he said.

My turn to grow silent. Well. Then.

"Okay" I finished.

"It just took me by surprise, okay? Even from the first time I saw you. You never smiled. You were just so cool and distant. The just before, you were just staring at me. And your expression looked so lost. And your smile. It took me by surprise..." he explained quickly yet slowly at the same time "It was a nice surprise" he smiled softly.

Here I am, giving out nice surprises for free.

"So...smile more!" He commanded.

I gawked at him.

"Yes, your majesty" I grinned in spite of myself. And as I looked up at him. There was a new expression in his face that seemed a tad difference from his usual one. As if he was more serious,more focused, and a shade darker. It was a glimpse. But it made my heart skip a beat. And I wasn’t all that sure whether I liked it or not.

I waved at him finally,

"Is something wrong?" I asked cautiously. He blinked slowly.

"Don't call me that" He said. It was in a barely audible tone.

"I-"

"It's getting late. You should go home" he held out my soup container finally. "Thanks for the soup"

I stared at him, and quickly took my container.

"No problem"

"I'll contact you when I have news of your brother"

Suddenly the conversation was overlay by a much more serious tone.

And I would've almost forgot. I still have a brother missing.

"Okay" I answered.

With that he turned to go, and I turned as well. The direction to our houses opposite from one another.

"I almost forgot" I heard him jog towards me. He took out his phone. " I need your number to contact you"

" I'll give you my email" I said, taking his phone.

"I wouldn't text or call. Unless it's a emergency" He promised softly.