The Hermit's Origin

The Demon Lord's Bride

 

adorable-bear-cute-love-rilakkuma-Favim.

 

      The Saturday passed by calmly, with time flying faster then we know it. The entire day, was filled with laughter. Top for one was extremely popular in the theme park, and won Tiffany a large Teddy Bear when we were playing a tossing game. He was tender, and charming. At least more so then Taecyeon. Who wandered along with us silently. After the incident it the diner, he hadn't spoken more then 5 words. He had just answered curtly to Tiffany questions and dialect, with one word acronyms. And the whole time he avoided looking at me, which made me look like a complete fool when I asked him a question; As a peace offering. Only to have him coldly walking away, and left my question hanging in the air. But the end of the day, I was relieved to be finally going home.

"It was a fun day" I heard Tiffany sighed in the passenger seat, her arms enveloped around the huge teddy. Real Fun. She glanced back, to where Top and I sat. "Thank you, Top. For the Teddy. I Love it. I'm going to name it Top Junior"

"No problem. Where are you going to put Top Junior when you get home?" Top asked.

"Mmm...do you have any suggestions? On the floor. Probably. Right next to my Bed" Tiffany pats Top Jr. on it's big head softly, before resting her chin on the big plush.

"Why not put him on the bed, so you can have some thing to hug in the middle of the night" Top said.

Tiffany laughed softly before she gave Top one of her signature smile, a smile that even melted me a little.

"Hug Top Jr. and think of Top Oppa?" She asked slyly.

      I glanced over at Taeyceon, who seemed to oblivious to the conversation. A conversation injected with a lot of flirting. I was almost careful with my breathing. I didn't want to interrupt anything.

"That Idea seems fine" Top nodded.

"I think, that kind of work requirement is Taec's responsibility..." I finally spoke. The whole car muted to a still except for the slow roaring of the engine. It was up to the point were I had to hold my breathe. Just in case something goes wrong.

"Aish, Kendall...you take everything so seriously" Top accused as he elbowed me roughly in my ribs.

"That's our Kendall!" Tiffany sighed as she shook her head.

       I glared over to the drivers seat. Here I am trying to help a brother out. And this is what I get. I meditated softly. It was that or I turn purple and evolve into a huge female hulk. Where when that happens, I shall body slam Top with all of my weight. And shred the ungrateful Taecyeon into meat patty. Then. Okay. I'd probably just leave Tiffany be, because as nice and sweet as the girl seems. She fights like a pro wrestler. No hair pulling or scratching from Tiffany Hwang, a slap from her hands will send a mere mortal soaring across the sky. Observing her dietary menu I have long suspected that her salads were mixed with steroids and iron. Maybe even titanium.

"So our last stop is the ice cream shop, before we head home" Tiffany called in the car.

"No thank you. Can Taec just drive me to my street? I'm not in a Ice cream mood" I sighed.

"Omo....Kendal! Are you serious? How can anyone ever not want ice cream" Tiffany gasped turning from her seat.

"It's a demon!" Top cried.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Yes. And you shall beg for mercy as I eat your soul"

"After my soul is digested you will be ting out rainbows" Came Top's unauthorized response.

What in the....

      He pressed his palms together and started chanting loudly in a language only whale's may understand. I smacked the back of his neck as hard as I can. He quickly hollered in pain, while I snickered a evil laugh.

"Can you guys just be quiet!" Taecyeon hissed.

      I paused in mid slap, my hand high above the air and ready to swipe down again. Both Top and I exchanged a look of not so mild shock before we sat erected into the seat under us. Once again being obedient and quiet little kids.

"Oppa...What's the matter?" Tiffany asked softly, as she glanced over at Taecyeon.

Mentally Unstable. With a case of having a large stick up his- (Censored due to inappropriate content)

"Nothing" He answered softly shaking his head. I glared at the back of his head as hard as I could. So gentle and curt, when he was dealing with Tiffany. And so sarcastic and mean when he was hissing at me. Even my grandmother on menopause had more class then that. Did the fact that my grandmother passing away in her twenties affect that statement? It most certainly doesn't.

      We sat in the car silently, for a long while before the car finally veered to a stop. I glanced out the window to see that we have arrived onto the destination of my house. The slow realization of me wanting ice cream slowly settled in. I blinked w hen I heard the lock to the car unlocking. I glanced over at Tiffany who was still staring at Taecyeon. Then at Top, who waved gently with a lost expression on his face. Due to Taecyeon's warning of us to be quiet. He dared not say a word.

"Bye" I called before I turned to open the car door and stepped out.

"Kendall! I'll call you when I get home" Tiffany exclaimed. I nodded.

"Take care!" Top yelled. Which I took as his way of rebelling against Taecyeon's previous statement of being quiet. Leaning closely to the car, I happily yelled back. "I will! If your ting out rainbows, maybe you should have less lucky charms"

Before Top was able to say his come back the engine started and the car had disappeared down the road.

What a ...

         I shook my head while I turned and made my way home. I glanced up at the sun still illuminating the sky to a lovely light blue. I sighed as much as I was complaining about how it was extremely tiring to always be in the mist of drama. Solitude wasn't all that fun neither. I studied my still house quietly. I was going to go home, I'll see my Mom there in the kitchen, preparing the food we are going to eat in dinner, that or she's folding the laundry she did this morning, Alexander would probably still be asleep in his nap. And I'll feed him at around 6, Then I'll clean my room, play solitaire in my computer, listen to music, search youtube for interesting videos. It was repetitive. Everyday day seems to repeat itself.

It was different from before my brother moved out.

Our small family had only gotten smaller.

        We always talked about everything. From the stupidest things we saw that day, to the politics that don't concern us at all. My brother was 5 years older then I was. We weren't your average neighborhood kids, ever since I was younger. I was always staring at my others family in awe. In there father in particular. Because they had one...Well. I have one too. But he does not live with us.

He lived in Jail.

      Serving a crime for having murdered his Bosses wife 8 years ago, He was sentenced to life time in Prison. I was twelve then,and my brother was seventeen.

      I remember how I felt in that instant. Terrified. Because I've never believed such things would exist, at least to anyone I know. Much less, to Me. Mortified. Because Someone died, that a life could easily be taken. Speechless, Because all that I have believed in, all my morals, my believes were nothing but a empty box.

      People were scared of my family. Not only of my dad, He was locked in jail. They avoided my mother. Everyone looked at us suddenly, every time a crime took place in our neighborhood. They insulted my mother. And called my brother and I the murderer's Children. I was the first to lash back. I hissed. I fought. I attempted to protect my family. It drained my energy, the energy of a twelve year old who didn't know what to do. Even as she was doing. I was tired, yet I still fought for my families honor. I had a friend then. This friend was Jake. He had been since we were in grade school, He was my friend and never left my side even when he found out my father went to jail. I cherished him through it all.

      Until he too, Left. Left because wasn't sure he wanted to be my friend anymore. Left because his mother doesn't want him to associate with a Murderer's daughter.

"Was it a Mental illness.....?" he asked softly one time.

"How do you find out if it's hereditary or not...."

I didn't know how to answer those questions.

       People has always judged. Even when they had no idea what was going on. They had hundreds of questions. But they never bothered to ask because then it may have a chance of converting their already successfully conjured truths. But I had much preferred that. Then I can easily say these people chose to judge me when they barely know me. It's much more difficult, when your asked these questions.

It's as if they put you under a microscope, to study you inside out. To figure everything out. Then leave. Because you were not worth it. As if you are nothing special to keep.

And so. Jake left. And my burdens never seemed as heavy as it did then. I was only brave because I knew I had a friend, who'd still except me. All of me. And I trusted with no abandon.

I cared.

I cared more then I should have.

      Three months later, My Mom told me we would move. Move from Portland Oregon to New York. We were going to live a new life. And leave the old one behind. In a new city, we'll meet new people . We'll start from a fresh page. It was what I needed. It was also the time where I realized no matter how much you can rely on a person. It was your own family that would never abandon you.

       I made my way down another street, while I glance right and left for any car that was coming. Before I knew it I was one house away from my brothers. I stopped outside. Pondering whether I should knock or not, I turned satisfied with my own conclusion that no one will be home.

"Hello!"

I yelped, when I suddenly collided into another body. I looked up. It was my brother's roommate. I glanced slowly back at the house, and back at him one again.

"Aren't you suppose to be inside? " I asked Jaejoong. He shrugged,

"Well, I can't be inside twenty four seven. I....do have a life" Jaejoong nodded to me, "Where are you going?"

"I was-"

"Why didn't you go in?" He asked before I can finish my answer.

Well. Talk about getting straight to the point.

"I just realized my brother wasn't home..." I started slowly, hoping my speed may slow him down as well.

"Oh" He nodded, as if he was struck by sudden realization. "Right....You couldn't have another reason for visiting?..." he asked softly.

Another reason....